ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

... around Christmas time

Stormcatcher

From the first twelve I'd pick Picky and Oddbit as my personal favorite. The composition - looking up to the light from the darkness down where they "rest" on a bed of evergreen twigs - is outstanding. Yeah Not to mention the technical merit... OMG!! How long does it take you to do an image that's not too complicated?

Embala

It's just a shadow, Vojira - hair and an ear ... and the notes, of course.

Yay One more infected by the bauble-head-virus ... glad you like, Moonmoss!

Welcome and thank you for the thoughtful comment, Stormcatcher. In fact I had to put the balls into their bed Smile ... one of the more complex ornaments.

The making of a "normal" one takes just minutes ... - finding the right bauble is time-consuming.

This one took me from your post til now ... minus about ten minutes.

- your own bauble, Storm. B-)

Vojira

O,O pretty bauble for Storm!

Stormcatcher

Ooooh, thank you, Embala, very beautiful indeed! Hug Lovely colors, like a pale winter morning in the park! Love the twig, too. Luvlove

Yes, the bauble-head-virus is a rather contagious one... Wink

And fast work, too! I'm happy if I manage to glue two photos together to make it panoramic... Evilgrin

WolfMoonSky

Very beautifull indeed!!!!Luvlove

cometduster

OOOOOHHHH Embala, Moonmoss and Stormcatcher's bauble are so beautiful...I love the purple and gold for them...Smile

RedheadEmber

HeartHeart

LOVE IT!!

G0lden

Thank you for mine Embala. Heart Love the work you do.

Stormcatcher

Well, G0lden's pink one has lovely light and a comfy "nest", too. I couldn't pick a single favorite amongst the users' baubles but I'd sure like to see a collection of them on one page. Smile I'm not much into Christmas decorations, but the way Embala blends the ava with just the right photo is really amazing. Hypnotize

Do I see droplets of water down my bauble? My favorite elemental force, how very suitable! Hug

cometduster

Golden's is so cute perfect color it works great...Clap

Stormcatcher

@ comet: I love yours, too! Warm colors and nice "sheltering" framing, indian-summer-like... Smile

Embala

I'm über-happy to see so many of you looking in and commenting again and again!

Your admiring words leave me both proud and shy, Stormcatcher. Once again I had more than luck to include an element that has a special meaning for the presentee. *very happy* What drew me to this bauble (besides the colors) was your crystal brooch that merged well with the droplets.

btw: connecting two pictures and make them look seemless can be much more tricky!

Of course there's a ball for you as well, Redhead! :-j btw: Where can your avatar pic be found?

... making the variation was extra fun ...

Don't miss the Advent Calendar "Chiefs & Mates" here - a new pic will be added each day.

WolfMoonSky

aawww lovely Embala!!Happy

cometduster

LOL...I love that you added Redhead's hat...Yeah

Thank you Stormcatcher, I love it sooo much..

faeriegirl

Love that hat-addition!!

RedheadEmber

REDHEAD'S MAKING POINTLESS POST!!

Seriously though, looks like I don't quite know them all...

But am I right when I guess the Wolfrider chiefs are in order?

---

OMG!! THANKS FOR THE BAUBLE!!!

Tenderfoot

I don't know which one is my favorite so far... I think it's Suntoucher and Toorah, there's just something about the bond between them that really shines through. And strangely enough, I really like the Picknose and Oddbit bauble... :/

I'm delighted that you're doing this again, Embala! ^^ I hope you'll continue doing this each and every year from now on! It's a nice and really sweet addition to the forum

Vojira

Ohhh. Love the new one. Has a real strong coldness to it.

G0lden

Love the one for Red's avi, even the hat.

Embala

Where's the problem, Redhead? ... Yes, the Wolfrider chiefs appear in order ... and right click on the pic - for "properties" or "safe picture" will give the names away. Does this help?

:D GOOD! You seem to like your ornament!

Great to know it works, Vojira - I was unsecure about a pale Dodia. Welcome back, Tenderfoot and G0lden :) Thanks everyone for showing your delight!

And YES, I'll try to do these calendars as long as visitors look by to enjoy! :-bd

Tenderfoot

Yeah

Vojira

Pale Dodia looks awesome.^^

Startear

Finally I can comment again! I love all of them. I think that Skyfire is my favorite among all of these. the look of calm is something we rarely see, and it really fits the Christmas theme. I also love the look in the eyes of Picknose. I know it isn't the reason why he's grinning like that, but it's funny to think that his real thoughts are; "I came into the calendar, I'm born to be King." XD

Sefra

Ooooh I love Dodia! I have only heard about her story, never read it and I'm kind of excited to do it, haha! Thanks for reminding me through your lovely art! Happy

cometduster

Well I think my favorite is Petalwing. I love how it looks like Petalwing is just flying up at you.....But I will say I can't wait to see the 19th....Smile

Embala

=)) Your idea is too funny, Startear - and sooo Picknose!

Great to see that you all find your favorites - and that each ornament has the chance to find its lover. I hardly have a favorite though some are more special for me than others.

Most of them were mentioned already. Others are Timmorn and Murrel - because they mirror the original picture so perfectly. And Olbar and Graysha - because I know what's hidden, I guess. On the background picture are (almost cut off) lots of chocolate cookies and pralinés ... and Graysha looks like made of chocolate! *snickers*

Now you've made me curious, comet - what do you expect by the 4th Advent more than from others?

Sorry, Tenderfoot ... :D ... this one was the only "ball" that seems appropriate!

- for Tenderfoot ... Couldn't help it!

Seastorm

Embala, these are amazing! I love the advent calendar, and all of the Christmas baubles you've made they are so cute!!! I LOVE the one of Skyfire and Icetooth... the images are so fitting and so clear. I love the pic of Skyfire, she has always been one of my favorites.

I can't wait to see more. Clap

cometduster

@ Embala it's my Birthday and I can't wait to see what that one will be....Yay

Tenderfoot

*squeals* Aww, that one's just adorable!!! I love it! WHat is there to apologize for? I like those balls! My favorites on the Christmas tree!

Heh, 'tis almost like she's saying "I'm a genie in a Christmas ball... lemme out, dammit!" ^^

Startear

Freefoot and Starflower! I love the image you've chosen for Freefoot. He looks so cute in this one. Too bad that Two Shadows isn't among here, but then again the tale of those two are perhaps a little too grim for the calendar... (is there any drawings/pictures of Two Shadows at all?)

Seastorm

ummm... who is Two Shadows???

WolfMoonSky

Very beautifull like always Embala, you're just awesome!!Happy

Vojira

Quote:

ummm... who is Two Shadows???

She's a 'Goatrider' that only shows up in the BoTc anthologies.

Embala

Stupidity of the day - I've put up the wrong Advent picture ... *headbang* ... fixed now.

There's indeed no picture of Two-Shadows, Startear.

Your "birthday pic", Comet? Hmmm ... I like pretty much how it turned out. You can drew conclusions from the other three Advent ornaments ... ;)

:D Funny point of view, Tenderfoot! Happy you like your ball so much ... well in fact it's a Christmas nut ... I made you a nut-head *grin ... fetches nut-cracker*

Welcome, Seastorm! Obviously Skyfire has another fan. Her ornament seems to be the most loved :-O

I'm happy you want to follow this calendar - have you noticed there are two others before?

... and here's your very own ornament.

Vojira

Hehe. Looks like she's wearing a golden hat. Awesome!

Seastorm

Yay Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! YayHugHeart

I love my ornament! Thanks so much!!! :-D

faeriegirl

Love the new additions!!

cometduster

Quote:

Hehe. Looks like she's wearing a golden hat. Awesome!

Yah she does!!!!!

Embala I love how Savah and Yurek turned out they look awsome....And Freefoot and starflower are so so so cute....Thumbs_up

faeriegirl

ooohhhh..... Pwetty Yurek&Savah!! Happy

Cleopatra

Really really pretty Savah and YurekLuvlove

jeb

Quote:

Skyfire, Icetooth and Dreamsinger Wink there is a hidden elf in the third bauble, Vojira!

D'oh! I noticed those musical notes and wondered why they were there, but didn't put it together! And Dreamsinger is one of my favorite characters from the novels. ( I just can never remember who he's associated with, quite a feat considering the limited number of choices. Nuh_uh )

WolfMoonSky

Embala she looks lovely!!Happy

Love them all!!

Embala

You are welcome, Seastorm - it's great when a surprise is functioning B-)

It was worth the time it takes to redo Freefoot and Starflower - the first version was so ... uninspired. They are sweetshearts now, comet, that's true !Dewshine

I love it when things don't reveal at first sight, jeb - a hidden secret is so much more appealing.

Happy that this day's ornament is liked so much. Normally Yurek should have been in the background (last not least because of the hand covering his head) but I wanted to have the 'lightshaper" encircled by this light spots.

Don't miss the Advent Calendar "Chiefs & Mates" here - a new pic will be added each day.

Vojira

O,O Tanner and Stormlight's (?) baubles are so pretty! Love the white-green background.
Have to say the Yurek and Savah one is giving me the mental picture of him being pushed towards her. XD
Anyway awesome work!

Tonia

WOW! WOW! WOW! Clap LOVE EM ALL Heart thank you Embala

cometduster

Awwwww Love the soft colors for Tanner and Stormlight Beautiful....Heart

Tonia

Looked again and I must say my favorite so far is Timmorn and umm dang her name escapes me Headbang3 but yea that my fav....so far Tongue

(well they are all awesome Smile )

jeb

Where is the picture of Stormlight from? I don't remember her being in the comics.

Vojira

It's from Botc 8. It's the only place she ever shows up.
(At least it looks like the art from that comic...)

Sefra

Ooooooh! Rayek and Kahvi! *loves* Heart

faeriegirl

Well, looks like Rayek should appear several times, with Leetah and Winnie and Kahvi all kind of his mate... Wink

Love the pic!

jeb

Kahvi's the chief. Although I guess Winnowill is a chief, too, so Rayek could show up twice.

Seems like it could also be Tyldak there, except that Kahvi and Rayek have a child together, so maybe that's more of a bond.

faeriegirl

*headdesk* silly me!!

Although Rayek could count as Chief Hunter... right? Smile

Embala

*snickers* Tanner and Stormlight make me think of Santa Claus and a Christmas Angel, comet. You are right about Stormlight, Vojira - its the story where Goodtree "meets" her parents' spirits, jeb.

It's chiefs and mates indeed, faeriegirl >:> Kahvi was a tricky choice - havn't thought of Tyldak at the moment, played with Vok tho. He seemed more of a "long time mate" than Rayek but the confirmed fathership had the final say. Should have expected you would show up for this ornament once more, Sefra!

btw: exquisite banner - you almost found elfin kisses! Obviously you are merging, too :)

Rayek is a "chief without a chance" for me - he never took lead, just acted as a loner. The Chief Hunter of Sorrow's End never had followers ... the companions of his "rescue party" for the High Ones were kidnapped ...

And Winnowill? She's together with Voll in an ornament - may they fight out who is chief among themselves! :!!

Welcome, Tonia! Like your enthusiasm - hope you'll find the time for further visits. I like the Timmorn one, too - they are so close in the cold and solitude ... just like in the calendar. His mate goes with many names: Murrel aka Valloa aka New Wolf ... Murrel is the one Timmorn "found" - her soulname maybe?

And it's time for another bauble head ... - for you, Tonia!

It's fantastic to see you all look in and express your thoughts and pleasure again and again! Thanks so much! !Scouter

cometduster

Embala it looks like you have Tonia stabbing the other bauble * There can only be one* ....Laugh

Love it...Heart

Ooooo Love the concept of the Ice with Rayek and Kahvi like there at Blue Mountain...Smile

faeriegirl

Love the Goodtree trio! Smile

WolfMoonSky

Very beautifull as always Embala..you still amaze me with all this Happy

cometduster

Goodtrtee,Acorn,Lionleaper The tree look great with the gold....Happy

Cleopatra

Have to agree with faeriegirl, Wolfie and cometdusterSmile

Embala

I'm so happy to see you visit, friends. Reading your funny and loving and praising *blushes* comments is like an early Christmas present for me. :)

Just dropping G0lden's bauble here ...

Tonia

Beautiful Embala. Bow_down

Sefra

Quote:

Should have expected you would show up for this ornament once more, Sefra!

btw: exquisite banner - you almost found elfin kisses! Obviously you are merging, too Smile

Of course! I'm checking in every day for these beauties, and comment if the job doesn't pull me away from the computer! Loving the Goodtree one, btw! Happy

And thank you so much! I'm glad you like my banner! Heart

I love working with graphics. Smile

RedheadEmber

Hmm, Kahvi and Rayek.

Does that mean you'll make one with Kahvi and Tyldak as well?

faeriegirl

Yay for Drab! Happy

Embala

Happy you like your ball, Tonia! :D

Nothing like this planned, Redhead. As told before ... I went with the confirmed fathership Smile And all the ornaments are done already.

Need opinions: to keep the calendar "in shape" I'll have to remove one ornament ... or add two more. Would anyone mind when it goes on two more days in 2011?

A bauble for Rainflower ... ... cannot leave one of the sisters out!

Vojira

Quote:

Need opinions: to keep the calendar "in shape" I'll have to remove one ornament ... or add two more. Would anyone mind when it goes on two more days in 2011?

I think it would be great with more baubles. =) They're awesome!

RedheadEmber

Quote:

Yay for Drab! Happy

Me think you mean Drub Tongue

cometduster

I would love to see it go on for two more days Thumbs_up....Drub looks very earthy....Laugh

Watershaper

Quote:

It's awesome that you put so much work in this.

Embala

Looks like there are no objections for a little "stretching" ;) Thanks so much for the appreciation, Watershaper ... and everyone else!

I like the little lights on the tree of Drub's ornament, comet ... like the torchs in the Troll Caves.

Thanks for becoming a bauble head, Vojira :)

Vojira

Np, Embala.
Btw, I thought Flam was Drub's mate and brother as well? Or did they pick up other trolls when they settled near Ember?

Embala

Flam might be the most constant mate Drub ever had (and will have), Vojira ... thought of him for a moment indeed. But I didn't want to plant a rumor by pairing her with her brother and - more important - Flam has a chosen lifemate named Bupa. I doubt that Drub has a mate ... besides a "pretty" fur toy maybe.

Leaving it "a tough nut to crack" Wink seemed more appropriate.

Vojira

Lol ok. Didn't know Flam had a mate...

cometduster

I like Mantricker and how you used the flower for Thornflower really cute....Smile

Blue mountain is awsome whith the clouds and sky in the back ground looks great....Yay

faeriegirl

Whoops, Drub indeed! Typo!

Love the new additions, and would love to see a stretch of the calendar! Happy

Embala

There's no pic of Thornflower at all that's why I had to trick once more, comet. The red bauble showing the "shadow" of an elf (with a little phantasy) was a lucky find and the symbolizing flower makes it special and lively. Glad you liked your "birthday ball" :)

The hand on Yurek's headside bugged me each time I looked at it - fixed it as well as possible. No push anymore, Vojira :(

There might be an even longer stretch, faeriegirl ... more additions you'll hopefully love.

I'm happy to show you TrollHammer's ball - a very special one for a very special avatar.

Must admit that I'm proud of it ... ... like made of carved stone.

And the background is pyromorphite, a green mineral - appropriate for a Troll. $-)

Vojira

Aw, Embala, I didn't mean you should remove it. I just thought it looked peculiar. XD
Love Voll's bauble!

faeriegirl

Wow, lovely Trollhammer bauble!!

Love the Voll/Winnie one!

*squeee!!!* Even longer stretch? Super coolness!!

Embala

Know it wasn't meant this way, Vojira ... it just bugged me from the beginning ... *sigh*

Wish the old one back? (it's NOT deleted) ;)

Liked that Winnowill is lurking from the background with her "special" smile.

*what's the word for "graue Eminenz" in English? ... simply gray eminence?*

Stormcatcher

@ Embala: That would be "the power behind the throne"...

Sefra

Voll and Winnowill! Loving it so much! Heart

Embala

"The power behind the throne" - that's definitly what Winnowill was most of the time! Thanks for the help, Stormcatcher. Smile Glad they are so well received, Sefra ... by you and others!

The "pushing hand" is back ... couldn't disappoint Vojira ;) Will keep the editing idea in mind when I need Yurek once more.

chama

Oh my gooooooosh. Pretty ornaments. Three years worth. 8D

Love all of them!

/could be coherent if it wasn't 4 AM

WolfMoonSky

They look all very beautifull Embala!!Smile

faeriegirl

*Squeeee!!!!* Joyleaf&Bearclaw!!! Happy Prettyness!!!

Embala

Good to know you find some pre-Christmas joy here, Wolfie! Thanks for your constant visits and loving comments *HUG*

You like Joyleaf, do you, faeriegirl? ;)

Welcome, Chama! \:D/ Great you found here and thank you for your praise!

Your wombat is super cute ... ... challenging to find a fitting bauble, tho.

WolfMoonSky

Aww you're very welcome Embala!!Hug

oh! beautifull!!Heart

G0lden

Oh, Joyleaf and Bearclaw, so pretty.

cometduster

Embala Voll and Winnowill look great!!!

Bearclaw and Joyleaf *sweet* is like adding candy canes to the tree....Love itHeart

Love Chamas wombat bauble so cute!!!!

It looks like I missed out on some of the fun over the past few days got to sick to go down in the basement for the computer....Unhappy....But I'm back....Smile

Sefra

Awwww Bearclaw and Joyleaf! They look amazing! Heart

Seastorm

I love the Bearclaw and Joyleaf!!!!! My favorite so far! Heart

chama

OMG!! I wow Embala. Thank you for the bauble! It's gorgeous!

faeriegirl

Timmain's baubles are super pretty!!

chama

Timmain's bauble is absolutely lovely!

cometduster

Awwwww Timmain's bauble.....Love it...Heart

Embala

Thank you all - I so much enjoy your visits and comments! *very happy*

Hope you are well again, comet, Hug take care of you.

You are welcome, Chama. It's all my joy that you like your ball so much. *dancin'*

MrsGrizzley says on her profile "I need a Holiday Petalwing"

... couldn't resist to help out :D

cometduster

OMG...OMG...OMG....Leetah,Cutter,and Skywise They look fabulious....O.K. now this is my favorite.....OMG!!

Happy Birthday Embala!!!!

I hope you have an awsome day!!!!HugKiss2HugKiss2

WolfMoonSky

Leetah,Cutter,and Skywise....OMG SO BEAUTIFULL!!!Luvlove

faeriegirl

*squeeee!!* Cutter, Leetah&Skywise look fabulous!!!

G0lden

Cutter, Leetah and Skywise. Love it!

NEXT PAGE