ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Embala's Avatars and Banners

Kitt

I really like the Strongbow and Moonshade banner! Nicely done! :)

Rjjspesh

Whoo I like the close up with the blue in the background ^^ perfect colour

Embala

Thanks, Rjjspesh :D ... and I added your new one to the front page.

Embala

Added the missing avatars for

Rjjspesh - made from her original art

Vojira - made from her original art

Leanan - "Baby Winnowill" by request

Note: internal links must still be mended!

Vojira

Aww, Leanan's avatar is sooo cute.
(picks up her own Beyond avatar)
Thankies!Grin

faeriegirl

Yea, Raenafael is a cutie Smile
Embala's great with pictures ^^

Embala

For WolfMoonSky ... which one do you prefer?

WolfMoonSky

The last one and thank you so much Embala!!!Hug

Embala

It's my pleasure WolfMoonSky! *hugs*

Quote:

Embala... could you make a banner with Winterleaf and Oakroot/Tanner pretty please?

This one is already made and received, too - thanks to much help by Startear Wink
- her choice of picture - obviously already edited
- her idea basically
- her quote
You made this easy for me!

Your banners will show on the first page in the "RESERVED area" for easy find - as soon as the revision is done!

Embala

Made for Tonia

Tonia

I feel So VREY Honored! Thank You! You Are Te BESTBow_down

Embala

I'm the one to be honored!

Embala

The thread is finally reworked and completed - all the pictures are showing again.

The "eyes" theme in Tonia's banners inspired me to do some more - pure Wendy art:

WolfMoonSky

WOW beautiful banners Embala!! HeartHypnotize

faeriegirl

Very pretty indeed!! And my old 'sending' banner would fit here, too! Smile

chama

Could I use the Healer's Hands banner? I love it.

Embala

It's yours! Happy

Tonia

You are so giving Embala~THANK YOU! I'm think I speak for everyone when I say We Appreciate It!!!!

Still loving the emotion in his eyes..........so intense!

chama

Thank you so much, Embala!

Embala

You are welcome, Chama - just enjoy Smile

I thank YOU, Tonia Hug Sharing my little creations here, getting your loving and encouraging comments, making them gifts - that's the bigger part of my pleasure. And seeing them spread, popping up here and there on the Forum is an extra reward Smile

THANK YOU so much, friends and visitors!

Embala

Redhead's last poem inspired not only the compulsory Wink background pic but a banner, too.

I hope you don't mind that I used your quote, Redhead!

Embala

For Stepith Bloodia by request

and another variation

faeriegirl

They look very cool! I don't know the series, only thing I know 'Avalon' of is the King Arthur books of Marion Zimmer Bradley... Mists of Avalon, y'know Wink

Embala

Uhmm ... does this mean the last line in the banner "by Stepith Bloodia" doesn't show for you either? Sometimes I hate Photobucket!

It's a complete different story I suppose Wink

OH ... and thank you!

faeriegirl

It does show, I think I just didn't notice it. Or maybe it didn't show till now. That line is only in the last banner, correct?

Embala

Correct!

And it still doesn't show for me ... :/ ... and now it does!

Embala

Quote:

Quote:

Can I use this as a avatar or is it taken?

When anyone claimed it (s)he hasn't told me Wink I'd love to reserve it for you. That's what I can offer:

- the card in fitting size

- a cutout of my original before it's framed

Of course you are free to use the original card ... might become blurry when cropped down, tho.

Startear

Thank you so much, Embala! Grin

Embala

You are welcome! I will add your choice (and the mini card?) to the reserves area on the first site.

Siwanll

Chaa! I'm happy you were able to save these ^^
And to remember which I reserved
So many things *blushes*

Embala

The "2 Chiefs" pic in Dusty's gallery was inspiring Wink

WolfMoonSky

beautifull!!!! Heart Heart

Startear

Nice!

Embala

Thank You! Happy

Embala

Thanks so much !!! I'm glad you like it, too, Dusty!

... btw ... it's up for grabs Wink

faeriegirl

I like the bottom one best... but still prefer my current banner Wink

Embala

Thanks too, faeriegirl Smile
Yours has Joyleaf ... and Strongbow ... - and ElfTanner is making AWESOME banners!

Beryl's banner inspired me to do an "extended" version

Startear

Winterleaf + sweet Oakroot, + stars + moons + quote from Scooter = very happy Startear who loves it! *huggles the banner I have*

Okay, so now that was off my chest, erhm. That banner is very cute. I love how the pictures blend into each other in it.

Tonia

and you know me... I absolutly love the Nightfall, Redlance, and Tyleet banner! Heart .........hmmm is it takin?

Embala

Seeing you happy makes me happy too, Startear! Hug Thank you for these words.

Quote:
and you know me... I absolutly love the Nightfall, Redlance, and Tyleet banner! Heart .........hmmm is it takin?

I made it after an idea of Beryl ... waiting for her answer whether it is okay for her at all. And I will not give it away besides to Beryl herself - seems fair for me.

cometduster

I love your banners, Do you have anything with Leetah that is up for the taking?

Tonia

I compleatly agree with you Embala. I was just wondering thats all. Its beautiful though. Tongue

Embala

Quote:
I love your banners, Do you have anything with Leetah that is up for the taking?

WOW ... that's a lot of positive feedback today! Happy

I don't have a Leetah banner ready (only what's up on my thread) ... and no idea for one so far. When you'l tell me which pictures you'd like most, cometduster ... or what you love most on her ... maybe I'll get inspired.

Beryl

Thanks ALOT Embala Hug
I love it Heart
Im verry happy for this banner.. I really am :D

Embala

Yay Double happy !!!

I thank YOU, Beryl Happy ... it was your idea!

It's just waiting for you, Dusty!

Glad I could do something you like and makes you happy Dancin' Both banners will show in the reserved area on the first page soon.

cometduster

Quote:

WOW ... that's a lot of positive feedback today! Happy

I don't have a Leetah banner ready (only what's up on my thread) ... and no idea for one so far. When you'l tell me which pictures you'd like most, cometduster ... or what you love most on her ... maybe I'll get inspired.

O.K. I will look to see what I like the most. Thank you

WolfMoonSky

Embala those banners are beautifull!! Luvlove

cometduster

I think I have it, The picture i like most is when Leetah come up behind Cutter and holds Him after she speaks his souls name. What I like about Leetah is how she show her loving compassion to all of the elfs when she heals them From body to there soul. I can't wait to see what you do with this, I know I will love it!!!!! and thank you again...

Embala

Your fav - your av - the healing light ... that's a start. Smile

cometduster

My fav picture is my av now take a look, This one is Black and white I could not find it in color.

Embala

Here's what I came up with, Niphredil Smile Don't hesitate to tell me when you don't like something. I'm more than ready to give it a second try.

Still debating with Leetah, cometduster ... She's a little uncooperative :/ Does anyone wonder?

EDIT: ... just because I can . . . . . . . .

WolfMoonSky

OMG!!! I love that banner!!Heart
Awesome Embala!!! :D

Niphredil

I soooooooo love it!! It's absolutely fabulous!! Thank you so much!!! Heart

Embala

I just realized that this was never posted here

A gift for Leanan and an illustration for her story Beyond mere flight as well. Happy

cometduster

The banner that you did for Niphredil is awsome!!!!!

I will talk to leetah about that.....Smile

Embala

Uhmmm ... this turned out a bit ... special. Don't hesitate to tell me when you don't like something, cometduster ... or all Wink I'm more than ready to give it a second try.

I like it, sure ... but the colors are unusual for me, therefor I'm not really sure about it.

Because I can ... . . . . . . . .

Vojira

O.O that looks fantastic!

cometduster

I absolutely love it,I would not have you change anything.OMG!!Yay

Thank you very much!!!!!

faeriegirl

Looks wonderful indeed!

WolfMoonSky

O.O that banner is wonderful!! Embala is the best bannermaker ever!!!!

Startear

Wow...

Embala

WOW indeed. Your comments are overwhelming - they leave me cheering, flattered and bashful!

Niphredil, I'm overhappy that the banner meets your vision so perfectly and the avatar is so welcome. I'm a bit proud of this element (built from 3 pictures Wink) and glad you love it.

Vojira, your quick fantastic comment soothed my primary insecurity about the "Healing light". Liked it for sure (otherwise wouldn't have shown it) ... but when I have to think about a the "making of" too long I cannot see the "whole picture" of the ready piece - it's still like puzzlepart for hours or days. Welcome and thanks so much!

Your loving embrace of the banner almost makes me feel "high", cometduster ... your talk with Leetah might have had a hand in this success Razz

Thanks you for your praise, faeriegirl and Startear!
So enthusiastic, Wolfie! Hug I'm flatttered. Actually I have an unfair advantage, tho ... I'm the only active bannermaker right now.

Embala

All the reserved banners and avatars are showing now at the "reserved areas" on the first page.

cometduster, I've changed your avatar slightly (it's not so "contrasted" anymore). I wasn't satisfied with it after seeing it on a better screen. Maybe it makes no real difference, tho. Just in case you want to change it ...

WolfMoonSky, there's a variation of your banner ... maybe you like to take a look. Smile

WolfMoonSky

A variation of my banner....wait..I have seen that one I think? I LOVED THAT!!Happy

I go look for itSmile

WolfMoonSky

....I can't find itUnhappy
I looked at your banners, I saw my banner..but..not the varation oneUnhappy

Embala

Look at post #3, right after your banner, Wolfie Wink ... it's not a so much a variation than an addition.

WolfMoonSky

AH XD I see it now Wink and it like itSmile

Sefra

Just stumbled upon this thread in my banner hunt and these are amazing! You really have a talent for snapshot storytelling, (for lack of a better word. I don't know how else to describe it). As for example the ones you made for cometduster, ElfTanner and Niphredil - those are especially lovely!

You really have an eye for which picture to use too. Awesome choices, all of them. Luvlove

cometduster

cometduster, I've changed your avatar slightly (it's not so "contrasted" anymore). I wasn't satisfied with it after seeing it on a better screen. Maybe it makes no real difference, tho. Just in case you want to change it ...

I did not see this post where is the other avatar, well I will look for it, If I don't find it then I will ask for help.

Embala

WOW ... thank you for this great, detailed comment, Sefra! I love how you describe it as "snapshot storytelling" ... that's just the impression I'm trying to go for! *feeling honored and flattered*

It's in the same post # 156 than before, cometduster - just slightly revised in quality.

manga

Embala, I love that banner you did of Leetah, the one with the "Sun-Leetah" in the middle. Could you do something similar for Rayek for me? I know he's different and his imagery is different... maybe the theme could be eclipse-centered?

Oh, a banner with Sun-Leetah contrasted with Eclipse-Rayek would be AWESOME. O.O

I also love all the banners of that Elf-Myth about the Sun and the Moon Recognizing. I love that story, it's so cute, and your banners do such a lovely job of condensing the theme.

Embala

The idea sounds tempting, manga - no chance to start ... even think about it ... this year, tho. And I must admit that I seem to lack the right feeling for Rayek - maybe because there is such a variety and plenty of possibilites.

I'll ask you the same as cometduster:

What do you like most of him? What's most interesting for you? What are your prefered pics?

Maybe your answers will spark my imagination ... and when you'll give me time I'll give it a try.

manga

What, you mean you have a real life? Well, I never! Wink It's hardly a life-and-death need, this banner. I can wait until you're ready. Smile

What do I like most about Rayek? Hmmm. His determination, personal loyalty and kindness. The Rayek I love is the Rayek who rescued and adopted Ekuar, whose first response to the news of Venka's "death" was to comfort her presumably grieving mother and who promised Clearbrook so earnestly that he'd keep the body of her lifemate safe.

I sympathize with his desire for children and family. His first thought on seeing Ember and Suntop is what they'd've looked like if they'd been his. He tried so hard to make a family with Kahvi work and took it so hard when Venka "died." (The scene where Cutter says to him "You don't have a child, you've never cared for one," is the best illustration of a figurative knife sliding into a heart that I've ever seen.)

He seems to clearly feel burdened with a need to use his powers to help. I think "with great power comes great responsibility" is a philosophy he would ascribe to. I think his definition of "helpful" is different and in need of tweaking but I think it's there.

Images... images... the one where Ekuar is embracing him (in book 5) and saying "Let me be at least a little sorry for you... what's all this scrambling for, without the babies?" is touching and wrenching. (Wow, now there's a hidden moment I'd like to see, actually... Wendy kept his face away from us. It must have been quite a study!) I like his vulnerable side - like when he turns to Leetah after "losing" the Trial of Head or the look on his face when admitting he lost the Trial of Heart or when he offers to share the Palace with Winnowill.

Rogue's Curse Rayek is smokin' hot but generally too Emo for me. ("The dungeon of my soul?" Yeesh! ... Maybe it's more a statement of his despair at ever being found loveable in That Way as all his lovemates seem to prefer death in some form or the other...)

Preferred pics... I can't think of any one off the top of my head, just a definite preference for Wendy Art.

Hard to distill 15 years of obsession into one banner. Smile

Embala

Finally I managed to do at least something! Yay FireStar's "impossible" request has drawn my ambition and woke up my creativity from a year-long hibernation.

Love Dance - many thanks to Elea for the permission to use her colorings of Wolfrider!

You can visit more of Elea's Art here.

Looking through my request list now ... hopefully there will be more.

WolfMoonSky

OMG!! Such beautiful banners, Embala!! I love them! Luvlove

psychosarah999

It is beautiful Embala i like the colored one best although i see what you were talking about about the color, but the color makes the background more visible to my eye.

psychosarah999

this is the picture i was saying you should mix with the other two of them when they were "playing" and cutter sent them to go get shauna.

cometduster

Oh Embala they turned out so beautifully awesome!!!! My favorite one is the third one down with the B/W on top of the blue shading....I think it helps see the detail even better with the blue shading.....HeartHeartHeartHeart Great Job!!!!!

Embala

As usual you are the first one to discover something new, Wolfie Happy Thank you for the kind comment!

Glad you like, FireStar! Guessed you would choose the colorful one Wink I'm happy that your suggested variance turned out so well ... meanwhile I like the contrast. *being too much a fan of matching shades* I'll add it to the reserved area on the first page.

About the Strongbow/Moonshade banner suggestion: I think the heated and angry mood of the "joining" panel and the peaceful family shot are too much of a contrast - both in colors and expression - to go well together. I'll keep them in mind for further possibilities, tho.

WOW ... comet Heart, that's a great praise!
I still love the second one with the colored "vignette" on black and white background - a matter of first love. You and FireStar are right that the blue background shows the figures much more distinct. That's what I noticed myself - and the reason why the blue in blue one was made just for my fun. Great that it found it's lover!
Thank you so much for your loving comment.

Startear

Okay, allow me to comment sort of epic like, seeing that I have a day "off" my studies.

First...

EYECANDY!!!!!

The first one is absolutely gorgeous. Takes me back to the time when i discovered the series. Started out with wolfrider, and bought the second issue mostly in hope of understanding more. I got most of what was going on, but hoped to understand more. The inks amazed me, which is first reason why I bought it. Only thing which is too bad is that the whiteness in with Joyleaf and Bearclaw makes the darker colored background vanish.

The second one just just as beautiful. Elea's colors are superb. I especially like the blood-splatter, even though I think it should be more dark, since it looks like it has dried already in banner one. I can see why you like it best, but I still think the background drowns.

Personal favorite! Heart Recognition stops time of sorts in the moment before they give into the desire. Which is my reason to love it. and here the beautiful background comes to it's place. Ones eyes is still on the recognized, but you see Everything else crystal clear, silver and shimmer.

The last is nice too, nothing overplays the other, color and beautiful harmony. All is good.

psychosarah999

I meant for you to leave out the angry one and just do the two where it shows them joining and the other that shows them looking into each others eyes.

Embala

Now I've understood what you mean, FireStar! I'll keep the suggestion in mind - just in case an idea will grow from it.

W.O.W. ... Hypnotize ... your epic comment and praise is overwhelming, Startear!

It's great that the b/w has found it's lover, too. Myself is such a color-freak that I first had to learn about the beauty of b/w comic art at all. At least I can see it now in Wendy's art. he background "vanishing" in the b/w versions is the main problem of this highly downscaled banner art.

That's why I really appreciate the blue one - it combines the best of b/w and color versions.

Thank you so much for your time and the detailed feedback. Heart I appreciate it very much.

Just something I made up last night - the colors were challenging, And when you remember this SatS scene you will understand how the contrast in statement appealed to me.

cometduster

Ooooo Embala Now seeing this banner this way*I mean in a different setting like this* It looks great even though it reminds me of looking through a slice of watermelon with out seeds....Laugh

Embala

LOL ... thinking about a possibility to make the letters look like watermelon seeds now! Laugh

Thanks for the nice comment, comet - and for the help!

cometduster

Any time sweetie...I am very happy to help specially with all of the help you have giving me....Smile

WolfMoonSky

That banner is beautifull, Embala! I love the colors in this. The *what is love* really belongs to this banner! Amazing job like always!Happy

Embala

Thanks for the praise, Wolfie! Happy So you got what's behind these pics. Glad you like ... I was very unsure about the colors myself - but I had to try just because XD

Startear

Of course one can always say that the meaning of this banner is that it ain't love unless the female is on top... not a critique, just the first thing that popped into my mind when seeing this.

Embala

LOL

Cleopatra

WOW!! Beautiful banners. It's great to see you back again with your talents Embala.

Embala

WOW ... thanks so much, Cleopatra! I'm glad that I found back to these creative playing again ... and that my little artwork is welcomed so heartily Happy

Two new ones - variations of the same idea - which popped in my eye while working on a gift: Healers' Light

Star_Gazer

Healing hands,heh?)

Embala

Definitely! Wink I found it when I was looking for a detail for YOUR banner, ShadowStep!

Contrasts in Harmony - Guys

psychosarah999

YayBeautiful Embala!Bow_down I love them both! Heartthough i definitely favor shadowstep present! Luvlove

cometduster

Quote:

WOW ... thanks so much, Cleopatra! I'm glad that I found back to these creative playing again ... and that my little artwork is welcomed so heartily Happy

Two new ones - variations of the same idea - which popped in my eye while working on a gift: Healers' Light

This is absolutely stunning Embala, Just looking at them makes me feel warm all over......Heart

ClapBow_down

And for Shadowstep his is awesome Embala!!!! This is the perfect face for Skywise with his softened eyes, with his love of the sky in the back ground, and with his magical Loadstone. Cutter I think around the home tree and his Fathers Newmoon knife.Mender in his desert environment all nice and golden from the sun.....Smile

Startear

Since you put guys there, will there be females as well?

Embala

A thought I actually had! Any suggestions? I'm gathering ideas right now Wink

Startear

Okay.

Savah and Winnowill or Leetah and Winnowill are good choices for contrast.

Savah is for me the calm, the soothing one.

Winnowill hurts so much inside that she hurt everyone around her. Deeply unhappy with her life and the choices she made... a elfin sister of Hedda Gabler if you ever read or watched the play.

Leetah is a contrast to Winnowill. Not only because the former has lovely dark skin while the other is pearl white, but because she is still a healer. Not saying that Winnowill isn't, but unlike her pale sister, her innocence isn't lost. Which is the main difference. But she was on the same path, she could easily become a Winnowill if the Wolfriders hadn't come to the Village.

Somehow I find myself wanting Rainsong in there too...

Oh!

Kahvi, Rainsong and Leetah perhaps?

Timmain, Savah and Winnowill?

Kahvi, Aroree, and Rainsong?

Embala

These are good suggestions - ideas I can think about. Savah, Winnowill and Timmain is a combination I wish to do somehow - if only for the contrasts in color. A Leetah/Winnowill theme already exists - tho not in portraits: Healer's Hands... could make for an interesting "extended version". Winnowill - Leetah - Rainsong makes me think of motherhood. Actually Kahvi would fit in here, too.

How about Timmain - Aroree - Kahvi? Wink

Startear

Good idea. Sacrifice-Sorrow-Fierce

Good contrast idea

NEXT PAGE