ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Wolfrider's family tree SPOILERS!!

[Deleted User]

I tried to search for such a topic but didn't find any- if there is already a thread, will the kindly Preservers guide me there or move this thread to correct forum instead of spitting wrapstuff on me..:D:D

So, what's this all about? I have been for a long time thinking about making some EQ family trees- resulting in beautiful images with pictures of characters drawn and a tree as a background.. Beautiful image of a family tree....

That was a dreamberry wine dream since the task seems huge and almost impossible- I started with the wolfriders and just the recent ones make such a huge "tree" it was barely loadable for the site. Plus I'm sure I've made mistakes as in who is related to who.

If you want to see it check Moonmoss's photos and follow the instructions I wrote so you might be able to see something blurry-almost-readable of the sketch of relations.

So I'm asking your help. With pictures (maybe fanart??) and other stuff, like image downsizing, layout, wolfrider relations...whatever.

Anyone who's interested in this project or has some advice please comment on this thread. It would be neat to have family trees up to Mantricker's tribe (and maybe even further one day)and discussion about relations in general.

Learning about the new EQ Home, Moonmoss

stargazer

Wow that's some project! I can just about read most of it...the wolfrider family tree is pretty tangled, isn't it? If you want any help with drawings etc, give me a shout, I'm more than happy to help out.

Tehaar

An aspiring project! I'm sure there are plenty of people here who'll help. I'm not too good with who's-related-to-who but I can draw a couple of pictures. If you need some, just let me know!

Zinegirl

This comes from my site, but it's in Dutch.

Embala

I know there are several family trees (some pretty detailed) posted in the Scroll but it's difficult hunting them down while still adjusting to the new (slow running)site.

I've made a huge family tree, too, for all the tribes - I'll look how I can make it available. I love your idea!

[Deleted User]

Thanks for the comments and enthusiasm- feel free to post pictures (face portraits, bw, black pen) if you get an inspiration.
If Preservers say that's ok to post them here. And thanks for posting the family tree, Zinegirl.

Embala, can't wait to see your tree- maybe you could upload it in parts...? (thought about doing that for my sketch...)
I guessed there must be already existing family trees- but as you say, it's hard to dig those up- I got 69 pages of threads in the old forum when I tried to do that. Tongue

Embala

Well - it's only a written family tree. Nothing spectacular.

Zinegirl

Another one:

Embala

Like Pool's family tree alot, Zinegirl.

Can you post the English names for Uil and Vries? Samael is Samael Dreamkeeper, I guess?

Arthis

It took me quite some time to find the subject (well, one of them anyway) back, but it's here.

I've made a familly tree, that you can see here

AceQuester

Wauw great familiytree Arthis!
I also like that you give each tribe his own colo(u)r Wink
And now i saw howmuch Chitter and Puffer look like eachother.. oh well that's what you get with al that brooding Wink

Zinegirl

I don't know the translation exactly, but it may be Frost and Owl.

Here's another one:

Dotted line = halfbrother/halfsister

Embala

I'm still impressed by your family tree, Arthis. Great job!

Thanks, Zinegirl - remembering Owl *slaps head*, Greywolf's twin! Like the new one as well. Have you done these by yourself? If yes it would be worth to complete them as far as possible.

Zinegirl

Yes - Oh, I forgot the parents of Rayek! But where can I put them? Hm...

faeriegirl

hey Zinegirl, if you need help with translating the Dutch names to the English ones, I'd be willing to help! Just give me a list of the names you need translated... Could even help search for pics, if you want Wink

Embala

Could help you with finding missing pics in case you want to include them, Zinegirl.

Zinegirl

Pictures would be nice! Grin

Thnx!

Embala

Which size?

Zinegirl

80x80

jeb

I woke up this morning thinking about a family tree that I saw in an Amish town a couple of years ago, and thought I'd try it for the Wolfriders. This is just a first iteration, I haven't added at the relationship indicators yet. First I'm just going to try to fit all the names together in a way that makes sense.

faeriegirl

Looks cool! ...but I'm afraid you might get into trouble with lines crossing each other sometimes... not sure though.

jeb

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's going to be unavoidable, especially as there will be connections across generations, but I'm hoping that will proper name placement I might be able to minimize it.

I've already filled in everything that Arthis had and I can see already that I'll have a challenge getting Serrin and Dart close to each other.

Arthis

This kind of circular family tree works better with an ascending line, and not a descending one. But that's a good job! Smile

Embala

Good job indeed, jeb - a fascinating result!

Tho - it will be a challenge for sure to get this fleshed out more.

jeb

Quote:

This kind of circular family tree works better with an ascending line, and not a descending one. But that's a good job! Smile

The way I saw it was with a couple in the center, then the next ring was that couple's children and their spouses, then those couples children and so on.

I think it really works best when people don't mate with their second cousins or their great-grandparent's friends. Evilgrin

bukittyan

wow, awesome job, jeb! Though I'm kinda wishing for a few versions with the wheel rotated a bit for my poor eyes. Smile

It looks like it's going to be difficult to get Scouter and Tyleet together from what I see of v 2. Or can you bring names over as they need to fit?

jeb

That's really the big question. It's still a work in progress, so we'll see.

Zinegirl

Update:
http://i47.tinypic.com/s45if7.jpg

The blanc pic above Willowgreen is Rellah. Has anyone a colored picture of her?

faeriegirl

Maybe in the BoTC issues with Two-Spear?
Plus the missing names are still in Dutch... these could be the English names. Could you tell me where you found these names? Can try to compare them with the English comics Wink Or if someone could look them over and compare them with known names...

Vries = Frost*
Tweeschauwen = Two-shadows*
Nachtster = Nightstar
Verscheurder = Tearer*
Havikvanger = Hawk catcher
Veder = Feather
Scherptong = Sharptongue
Maanzilver = Moonsilver
Droomzanger = Dreamsinger
Samael = Samael
Stormlicht = Stormlight
Doornbloem = Thornflower (that one's right for sure Tongue)

Embala

The new increased tree looks fine, Zinegirl. I've just sent you Rellah and Stormlight - and the same questions faeriegirl asked. Wink

btw: your link is not working - don't forget to use the "Add a Link" icon in the tool bar!

Thanks for the English names, faeriegirl. Most of them make sense - they are real existing English names. I've just realized that my answer to your mail got *poof* ... no idea what I've did wrong. Sorry for seeming ungrateful Unhappy

faeriegirl

lol... that's ok. I figured there must've gone something wrong Wink
And it's because of those "off" names that I want to know where she got them... so I can grab my Dutch comic and my English one, and compare the names! Wink

Zinegirl

I think I'm gonna set the names under the pictures next time.
I've got the Dutch names from another Dutch site.
http://elfquest.be

faeriegirl

Well, that site sure has some serious mistakes...
I saw in the guestbook that you had posted something about ShenShen&Rainsong not being healers... that's absolutely right!! And he's stupid for thinking so...
also, I noticed that Leetah was called "Dark Sister" by Toorah?!?! That was Winnowill!

Ok, so I checked the names with that site... But I may go through my comics to double-check, since it's obviously got bad mistakes...
Doornbloem = Thornflower
Maanzilver = Moonsilver
Nachtster = Nightstar (no translation given, daughter Skyfire)
Samael = Samael (no translation, father Greywolf)
Scherptong = Sharptongue (no translation, son Two-Spear)
Stormlicht = Stormlight (no translation, mother Goodtree)
Tweeschauwen = Two-shadows
Veder = Feather
Verscheurder = Fangslayer!!! Indeed he is!! (if the site is correct...)
Vries = Frost (no translation, mom Greywolf)

Zinegirl

Quote:

Well, that site sure has some serious mistakes...
I saw in the guestbook that you had posted something about ShenShen&Rainsong not being healers... that's absolutely right!! And he's stupid for thinking so...
also, I noticed that Leetah was called "Dark Sister" by Toorah?!?! That was Winnowill!

Ok, so I checked the names with that site... But I may go through my comics to double-check, since it's obviously got bad mistakes...
Doornbloem = Thornflower
Maanzilver = Moonsilver
Nachtster = Nightstar (no translation given, daughter Skyfire)
Scherptong = Sharptongue (no translation, son Two-Spear)
Stormlicht = Stormlight (no translation, mother Goodtree)
Tweeschauwen = Two-shadows
Veder = Feather
Verscheurder = Fangslayer!!! Indeed he is!! (if the site is correct...)
Vries = Frost (no translation, mom Greywolf)

Yeah I know. That Father-Mother is sometimes really weird.

faeriegirl

yea... I mainly put that in to indentify them easily for when I go through my comics...

Embala

When it comes to Freefoot's offsprings (and some other elfin relationship) this site has either strange branches ... or is changed intentionally to serve the sake of a RPG.

I'll question the Wolfrider's Guide to the confusing ones ... hope to get some of them confirmed - or disproved.

Some of the confusion might come from the BotC novelizations. I knew some names (and relationships) are coming from there for sure. And which of those are considered canon or not is ... let's say varying.

Anyway - you did a great job with this, Zinegirl. And when I learned one thing on the Scroll - when it comes to fan-made family trees you will not find two indentical ones. Even mine is (knowingly) "tweaked" at few points to serve MY fancy Wink

faeriegirl

yes, this site says Fangslayer and others are also offspring of Freefoot...

I'll finish the list with what the site says... some are (very) doubtful...

also, there's something with Goatriders in the story about Freefoot... very strange.

Droomzanger = Dreamsinger (Skyfire's Recognized. Strange elf (non-Wolfrider), got murdered by Stonethrower.)

Doornbloem = Thornflower (Mantricker's Recognized, check.)

Havikvanger = Hawk catcher (son of Freefoot)

Maanzilver = Moonsilver (partner of Two-Spear, mother of Sharptongue)

Nachtster = Nightstar (no translation given, daughter of Skyfire, brother of Freefoot)

Scherptong = Sharptongue (no translation, son of Two-Spear&Moonsilver)

Stormlicht = Stormlight (no translation, mother of Goodtree, check.)

Tweeschauwen = Two-shadows (Freefoot's Recognized)

Veder = Feather (son of Freefoot)

Verscheurder = Fangslayer (son of Freefoot)

Vries = Frost (no translation, mother of Greywolf)

...scanning through some character's pages... Goodtree didn't Recognize both Lionleaper and Acorn, did she? (site says so...)

*edit* WTF... says Joyleaf's bondwolf was named Preytracker... screw you! She had Shadowsheen!

Embala

Many of this knowledge definitely comes from the prose stories ... there may be even a wolffriend called Preytracker for Joyleaf ... she lived long!

According to the comics Goodtree recognized Lionleaper. And when I put the bits and pieces together I've read about Acorn he is NOT ABLE to recognize, but built a bond with Goodtree which seems to be somewhat more than pre-recognition.

faeriegirl

but the only wolf I've ever seen her with (only read the comics) is Shadowsheen... and those prose stories weren't canon, right?
*sigh* whatever... if he can say ShenShen and Rainsong are healers (and insist on it, when Zinegirl tells him they're not), then I don't trust the rest of his site without confirmation Wink

Embala

Well ... as I said before - there are many different opinions about the family connections (and others), especially when you consider the prose novels. I remember a statement (either by Wendy or Richard) that this novels ARE canon as long as the story does NOT contradict the comics. An additional, long dead offspring (or another wolffriend) does not nessecarily contradict the comics - there's never said that this or that Chief (and others) only recognized once (with exception of Tanner, I think). There may be lots of untold stories in the dark past.

Preytracker IS listed as (one of) Joyleaf's wolffriend in the Wolfrider's Guide.

And tho I agree with you about the healers - let me play "devil's advocat" for a moment.

Shenshen is not a magical healer - but she developed her abilities in herbal healing during the Long Wait. It's legitim to call her Healer when you don't limit it to magic use.

Rainsong ... she obviously has healer's blood - both her father and her son were healers. It's a wiiiiiide stretch to consider her as a (possible?) healer ... maybe from a VERY special POV :/

faeriegirl

hehehehe... well, one very obvious mistake remains though... "Timmain has called him 'her bond'." And no it's not for Adya... but Adar! Roflmao

hmmm, still stings that there's things just not clicking here. Dark Sister is definitely a nickname from Winnowill, not from loving Toorah... but ah well, never mind. Just one of the many inaccurate EQ fansites, I guess Wink Best resource is always here!

Zinegirl

Also, if I look at Tanner, his mother is Starflower. But if I look at Freefoot, then the site says: 'Sons: Feather, Fanslayer, Hawkcatcher, Tanner (Mother Twoshadows). And finally, by Starflower the site says her sons are Tanner, Fanslayer and Feather!
So which is it? And who is the mother of who?

faeriegirl

yes, the site is very very weird... let's just ignore it Smile

faeriegirl

I'd rather trust Wikipedia on this issue then that site... Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Elfquest#Wolfrider_Elves

Embala

The Wolfrider's Guide may have some questionable points, too - but it's edited by Richard Pini, so I'll trust it as long as there is no proof positive against a statement.

According to the Wolfrider's Guide:

Samael = Samael (no translation, father Greywolf) - name listed, relationship not mentioned

Vries = Frost (no translation, mother of Greywolf)- name listed, relationship not mentioned

Maanzilver = Moonsilver (partner of Two-Spear, mother of Sharptongue) - NOT mentioned

Scherptong = Sharptongue (no translation, son of Two-Spear&Moonsilver) - NOT mentioned

Droomzanger = Dreamsinger (Skyfire's Recognized. Strange elf (non-Wolfrider), got murdered by Stonethrower.) - CHECK

Nachtster = Nightstar (no translation given, daughter of Skyfire and Dreamsinger, sister of Freefoot) - CHECK

Tweeschauwen = Two-shadows (Freefoot's Recognized)

Havikvanger = Hawk catcher (son of Freefoot)

Veder = Feather (son of Freefoot)

Verscheurder = Fangslayer (son of Freefoot)

QUOTE: Freefoot's cubs were Feather, Long Oak and Fangslayer; it's also conjectured that he fathered a son, Hawkcatcher, with Two Shadows (a Goatrider) - take it to your liking, Zinegirl

Big_laugh ... I just imagine Adar's face being called this by Timmain ...

Zinegirl

That page you gave is very useful, Faeriegirl!
So Frost is the son of Timmorn...

faeriegirl

well, ofcourse Wikipedia isn't 100% trustworthy either... but at least it seems better then that stupid Belgian/Dutch guy Wink

jeb

I have to wonder about this whole "comics are canon" thing.

I was looking through Wolfrider and noticed:

Nightfall and Redlance are lifemates when Cutter is 12. So Nightfall being 2 years younger would make her 10. She definitely looks much older. Of course, there's been other discussions about aging discrepancies elsewhere.

Newstar is shown being there before Madcoil's attack. Although I would say this is just an error and it really should be Dewshine.

In "Phantom of the berry patch" it's supposed to be during Mantricker's time and the illustration seems to show a full grown Strongbow. But maybe it's not, just someone who looks and dresses exactly like him. Nuh_uh

Wait a second, Frost is the son of Timmorn and mother of Greywolf? Man, these family trees are confusing!

Zinegirl

Quote:

Newstar is shown being there before Madcoil's attack. Although I would say this is just an error and it really should be Dewshine.

It should be, but the picture shows also a pregnant Rillfisher!

So I think it's a mistake!

jeb

Actually, I think it shows Rainsong pregnant, with Woodlock with her in one panel. I think that Rillfisher would already be dead at that point. However, since the next part of the story shows Moonshade holding a baby Dart, that would make Newstar older than Dart.

Zinegirl

Quote:

Actually, I think it shows Rainsong pregnant, with Woodlock with her in one panel. I think that Rillfisher would already be dead at that point. However, since the next part of the story shows Moonshade holding a baby Dart, that would make Newstar older than Dart.

But the elf next to her is Scouter, and Scouter is at the same age as Dewshine, not as Newstar, Newstar is younger.

jeb

Right. The panel shows Scouter and another child that looks just like Newstar, but must be Dewshine, making them about the same age, then next to them is Rainsong, pregnant, I would assume with Newstar.

The panel I'm talking about is the middle one here.

faeriegirl

That sure looks a bit like Rillfisher... but I thought Cutter never even knew her, so it can't be her!

ah well, bloopers enough in the Wendy-drawn comics Wink let alone the others! Wink

jeb

Exactly! That's why this whole canon/not-canon distinction seems a little weird to me.

faeriegirl

that distinction mostly exists, I think, to end some of the discussions like 'in comic X, this happens' 'but in comic Y, that happens', so which one is the 'real' one??

Zinegirl

Quote:

That sure looks a bit like Rillfisher... but I thought Cutter never even knew her, so it can't be her!

ah well, bloopers enough in the Wendy-drawn comics Wink let alone the others! Wink

Dewshine is younger then Cutter, so Cutter did knew Rillfisher.

Zinegirl

Update:
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zwhoxe.jpg

I'm looking for a good picture of Rain, I can't find a nice one
Don't look at the letters in the rightcorner. Headbang3

Embala

That's growing fast! Looks good!

(sent you a pm - Rain Wink)

Zinegirl

Why has Timmorn so much children? Eek!

And Rahnee also! It's going to be a lot of work to put it in the family tree...

And is Rellah the daughter of Earth and Timmain or not? What do you think?

WolfMoonSky

Maybe Timmorn loved children and wanted many of it!!! I want it alsoHappy

I don't know, Timmain had an daughter but she was unnamed.

Embala

Quote:

Why has Timmorn so much children? Eek!

And Rahnee also! It's going to be a lot of work to put it in the family tree...
Well - the wolfblood had to be spread. This wouldn't function with just a handful of cubs for the first hybrids. Guess this was more a complaint than a question, tho ... Laugh

Quote:
And is Rellah the daughter of Earth and Timmain or not? What do you think?

There's no prove for it - no prove for the opposite either. Personally I don't think so. Rellah lived in Two-Spear's time - pretty long to survive from the very first beginnings til then, even for a pureblood. This early world was hostile and dangerous. But who knows ...

Tehaar

Really impressive family tree! Wonderful work, indeed it seems to be really complicated. Good luck with fitting everyone in there, and I can't wait to see more! Grin Is Moonshade really Bearclaw's half-sister? Wow, I never knew!

Zinegirl

Quote:

Really impressive family tree! Wonderful work, indeed it seems to be really complicated. Good luck with fitting everyone in there, and I can't wait to see more! Grin Is Moonshade really Bearclaw's half-sister? Wow, I never knew!

It's not official, but much sites says so. Mantricker had a relationship with Brightwater, Moonshade's mother. So it's probably true.

Zinegirl

Hi, I'm bumping this topic again, because I'm going to remake my Family Tree! The first one was sometimes badly readable and the short distance between the lines were confusing as well. Now I'm able to work with PS instead of Paint, so it's easier to alter the Tree as well as too keep things organized. I took a screenshot of what I've got, so far (see attachment).

This tree also includes theories (it's not official but there are hints) (for instance Mantricker being Moonshade's father, or the theory that Farbright and Haze are Krill's and Brill's parents.)

More to come!

Btw the little hearts indicate that recognition took place.

Embala

Looks fine, Zinegirl. Smile Hope to see more soon.

I think, theories and speculations are okay as long as you point out that there is no prove positive. Personally I like to play with speculations.

Zinegirl

It's almost finished. I'm only lookin for a way to add Skywise into this Family Tree and I'm in doubt about Moonshade's father - it seems likely to me that Brightwater recognized another male, but it's also possible that Mantricker ís her father.

I'm also considering adding some more WaveDancers into the tree.

By the way the file is a bit small, because Tinypic decided to make the size smaller. When the Family Tree is officially finished, I'll upload it on Deviantart so it's the right size Smile

Attaching links don't seem to work, so:
http://oi44.tinypic.com/50jhxx.jpg

Embala

Look at the icons in the reply box - the second one says "Attach a link". Click it, copy the address in the input br, follow the menue ... and when he attachment is finished, submit your reply.

And it looks fab! Clap

Zinegirl

Thanks Smile

And I know how to attach a link, but somehow it just didn't work Unhappy

Diana

Wow, didn't know this thread existed. I love looking at this family tree, it's great to see all these relationships between the elves. Great work!

RedheadEmber

Nice family tree!

A few suggestions for updates, though:

A connection from Dewshine to Scouter and to Tyleet. + a stiply-line (or something) from Scouter to Windkin and from Dewshine to Pool.

Add Talmah, connect him to Serrin and Dart, and put a stiply-line between him and Bowki.

Perhaps also a connection between Treestump and Clearbrook...

Zinegirl

Nice family tree!

A few suggestions for updates, though:

A connection from Dewshine to Scouter and to Tyleet. + a stiply-line (or something) from Scouter to Windkin and from Dewshine to Pool.

Add Talmah, connect him to Serrin and Dart, and put a stiply-line between him and Bowki.

Perhaps also a connection between Treestump and Clearbrook...

I'm only doing bloodrelations, because I think the tree would become too complicated if I add lifemates/lovemates as well (it would require me to restructure it). But thanks for your suggestions Wink

RedheadEmber

I suppose you mean blood-relations + those lifemates who have children. Tongue (those who have children without being lifemates...)

I actually made/is-sorta-still-making a family tree with every relation I could think it! It's confusing to say the least!

Embala

EVERY Hypnotize relation?!

... was hard enough for me to get the basical ones straight ... more or less.

RedheadEmber

Yup! Every relation...
Lots of crossing lines!

Diana

How is this being created / maintained? I noticed that with the language project as well, it's pretty difficult because only one person has the latest files... Is there a photoshop file, or is it a tool?

On an unrelated note, I'd be interesting in a Narrative Chart... See attached examples Smile Anyone feel like starting that project with me? :D

Zinegirl

I believe I've finished it! :D

RedheadEmber

Wait... Spine is Tumble's uncle?

Zinegirl

According to Arthis' family tree he is. But I just looked it up on another site, and they say that Spine is actually Spray's son? But then again, Wikipedia says that he is indeed Stormsong's brother. Imma check WaveDancers again.

Diana

Zinegirl, do you have the character icons (square images) separate as well?
Instead of reinventing the wheel, if you'd be so kind to share them with me, I'd be very grateful! Smile

Kind regards,
Diana

Zinegirl

I do, but only with names in them. Do you want them with the names?

Embala

Excellent job, Zinegirl Clap

Spine is definitely Stormsong's brother and Tumble's uncle. Havn't found a hint that he is closely related to spray, tho.

Diana

I do, but only with names in them. Do you want them with the names?

There's no need for you to go editing them, if you're willing to share them with me as they are, that's great!! I've started a new thread on Narrative charts Smile

Arthis

Congratulations Zinegirl, that's an incredible work! :D

AnnieC

First of all congrats, that's a HUUUGE work to do :D
Anyway, I got a question... From where does it originate the theory That Moonshade is related to Mantricker?
I mean... I've heard here That her Mother has been his mate for sometimes... But i never found any reference in the books i have. It might be due to the fact That some things have never been published in my country... But anyway, I am curious xD

Zinegirl

Annie C said

First of all congrats, that's a HUUUGE work to do :D
Anyway, I got a question... From where does it originate the theory That Moonshade is related to Mantricker?
I mean... I've heard here That her Mother has been his mate for sometimes... But i never found any reference in the books i have. It might be due to the fact That some things have never been published in my country... But anyway, I am curious xD

I don't know but I guess it's in some of the novels (not the comics) but I have never seen them either...

AnnieC

thanx Zinegirl Smile
Anyway...I am not really convinced of that theory. If Moonshade was Cutter's aunt (basically) we would know...just as we know that Treestump's his uncle xD I don't know if I'm clear...

RedheadEmber

Not really...
If Moonshade and Bearclaw weren't that close as siblings they might simply not have put any focus on it.

AnnieC

it sounds a lil bit weak to me, honestly.
I'm pretty much convinced that if they were really that close (Cutter and Moonshade, I mean) we would have known.
After all, kinships have been always stated, in the story...maybe with the exception of Nightfall and Scouter being cousins, but I'm pretty much sure that was a later add, cause the only hint at nightfall's parents in comics comes from "Wolfrider", and she even has different parents in the novels,which leads me to think that Nightfall's parents never had a name before that Wolfrider! issue... And so, Scouter and Nightfall became cousins only later in the story, and that's why their kinship has never been addressed during all the archs that came before Wolfrider.
So..that's why I think that, while there is no concrete clue against this particular theory, I see it as rather implausible. After all, there is no concrete clue in favour of it, considering that not everything in the novels is to be considered canon...and that there's nothing implying a kinship between Bearclaw and Moonshade in canon.
Plus...
You know, considering that Bearclaw was some sort of adoptive father to Strongbow...I do think that any kinship between Moonshade and Bearclaw wouldn't have gone missing xD

RedheadEmber

Annie C said

it sounds a lil bit weak to me, honestly.
I'm pretty much convinced that if they were really that close (Cutter and Moonshade, I mean) we would have known.

But that's the thing. I don't think they were that close!
Or rather, I don't think Moonshade and Bearclaw were that close. Bearclaw might have elected to not even tell Cutter that Moonshade is his aunt.
Also, didn't Bearclaw take it rather very-much-personal when Crescent was killed? As in; a little more personal than simply "I'm chief, and we're so few already!"

You know, considering that Bearclaw was some sort of adoptive father to Strongbow...I do think that any kinship between Moonshade and Bearclaw wouldn't have gone missing xD

Guess you have a point there.

AnnieC

I meant close as "closely blood-related" Tongue

Also, didn't Bearclaw take it rather very-much-personal when Crescent was killed? As in; a little more personal than simply "I'm chief, and we're so few already!"

I've always thought that it was because of Bearclaw's fatherly relationship with Strongbow Tongue Bearclaw has always seemed to me as acting as Strongbow's mentor and father...that would imply that Crescent was some sort of adoptive granddaughter. Plus, I think he felt that Crescent's death (and the sorrow it created to someone he cared for) was entirely his fault... like he felt responsible for that tragedy.

Anyway... the point is, we have no way to know the actual truth, withouth canon referencies at this ('cause, tell me if I'm wrong or not, the only thing we have is a reference, in a novel, to the fact that Brightwater has been a mate of Mantricker's, but it was never told that Moonshade was their children), so... all we are talking of is pure speculation ^^
it's always fun to speculate btw xD

RedheadEmber

Now, I really don't hope Moonshade is the children of Mantricker and Brightwater!

AnnieC

Yeah, sorry... Mistake -^^'
I meant child, i must have confused >.<
I SWEAR I can speak english xD

RedheadEmber

Just a thought:
Is it known whether or not Rainsong and Pike share the same mother.
If Rain's lifemate, Rainsong's mother, was still alive by the time Rain did some induced-recognition-tinkering, wouldn't it make most sense for Rain to attempt it with her first?
If she was already dead, did he just ask for volunteers?

Embala

First: We don't know.
His recognized mate, Rainsong's mother, could have been alive - or not. She could be Pike's mom, too ... or not.

Second: About volunteers ...
- He had another love-/lifemate at this time ... wouldn't she be a natural candidate as well?
- There was a female longing for a cub so much that she was eager to try with Rainsong.
- ... too tired to think of another possibility ... Wink

RedheadEmber

I guess I forgot about the other lifemate/lovemate option...
Heck, for all we know he could've been in a threemating with Rainsong's mother and Pike's mother.

Embala

There cannot be too many threematings? ^^

RedheadEmber

NEVER!

Zinegirl

@RedheadEmber Personally, I think that Rainsong and Pike do not share the same mother. But it's really just a gut feeling :p

(Btw I'm posting my family tree here again because the link's missing on the new forum:
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-396541903

Edit: I meant to type Rainsong, fix'd

RedheadEmber

I'm pretty sure Dewsine and Pike do not share the same mother as well.
You mean Rainsong and Pike, right?

Zinegirl

@RedheadEmber Yes, I do mean Rainsong, my bad :p

NEXT PAGE