ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Shadesong's Dollz

Shadesong

Hello, and welcome to Shadesong's doll thread!

This is where I'll be collecting all the dollz I've made. Most are somewhat edited, others are not, and at some point I might even take the step of leaving the dollmakers and trying to use bases. The dollz are posted in chronological order from oldest to most recent, and each character has her/his own post. I'll try to keep the order the same as in the reference art thread, but this may be impossible if I start dolling other characters besides my own. The order so far is:

- Shadesong

- Firethorn with twin kitlings

- Yurin

- As yet unnamed Sea Elf

- Tinker

- [ Saved for future growth. ]

Reference pictures and character/tribe information for these characters can be found in this thread:

http://www.elfquest.com/social/index.php?do=/group/elfquest-dollers/forum/shadesong-s-characters/

Shadesong

Shadesong

The Tektek and Lunaii maker versions.

Doll Divine: Air Element maker.

Doll Divine: Water Element maker.

Made with Fábrica de Heróis.

Made in the wardrobe of Subeta. ( I actually own all these things except for the reindeer. )

Shadesong

Firethorn

Doll Divine: Fire Element maker.

Doll Divine: Earth Element maker.

Flamekit

The Lunaii and Tektek maker versions.

Frostkit

Shadesong

Yurin

Doll Divine: Fire Element maker.

Shadesong

As yet unnamed Sea Elf

Doll Divine: Water Element maker.

Shadesong

Tinker

Shadesong

[ Saved for future growth. ]

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Shadesong

Now you're welcome to post!

Embala

You allow that I simply quote myself:
Pretty dollmaker creations, Shadesong. I like Shadesong's color scheme - in both versions! The tekteks make me curious of Firethorn - these ears! Yurin is very different ... I fancy it could be a Sunvillage and a Palace outfit Wink

Shadesong

Thank you!

Shadesong's colour scheme is made up of my favourite colours, which also are ones that look good on real life me. She's my self-elf, so we have the same hair/eye/skin colours. I can't recall any central elf character in Elfquest wearing that colour scheme either, so I'm glad it helps distinguish her a bit.

Now, Firethorn... yes, we've seen that before somewhere... *coughEmbercough* Wink and I think I've seen white hair in combination with white clothes on other members' characters ( Vytha for example, I don't know whose character she is ). But hey, there are only so many possible colour combinations to use before it loses its aesthetical appeal..! Wink

Firethorn actually has caracal ears ( all of her tribe does, or at least the cat-blooded ones ): black on the back with a white dot, and black tufts on the tips.

Yes, Yurin's outfit is something she could wear if she were a High One. What's the most inaccurate about this outfit is the colours, her hair and her clothes are white with purple and gold accents, not medium-dark grey. But not all dollmakers work with all characters.

Embala

Vytha, daughter of Winnowill and Voll, is Nightsea's char Wink ... and clearly different from Yurin in appearance.

Shadesong

Thanks! Yes, she's albino, isn't she? I thought she was wearing white, but I think I saw a doll of her recently where she was wearing black.

Nightsea

Vytha's clothing changes often. But her colors are the Blue Mountain
palette; white, blue, black, grey and also purple and red. Vytha's eyes
are red and her skin pale, her hair is white but instead of grey to outline
the form I choose lilac tones to keep her even more albino.

Yurin's skintone and gold accents will keep her entirely distinct
in appearance from Vytha, certainly.

Just like all the other hair colors out there, it isn't the only detail
that makes a character.

Also, I posted about copyright in the threads here in our Group
Forum (Scroll of Colors). Wendy has recently been talking about
her dislike of fans coloring her black and white sketches in the
Masque forum, but as yet there has been no input from her here.
All that aside, I don't think she'll make any special objection to
your use of her poses in this context for your characters. But
again, I'm only able to go by the FAQs and what we've all done
as fans so far.

Thanks for letting us see and try to doll your characters,
--Nightsea

Shadesong

Thank you for explaining more about Vytha! I thought I'd seen her in both white and black. I'm just not used to EQ characters changing colour schemes... Wink

I just read the copyright text.

It may not be scanned, copied, modified, published, displayed or otherwise distributed in any manner without the prior written consent of Warp Graphics, Inc.

It would seem that the "scanned" and "displayed" part doesn't apply to the "Requested pictures" thread ( with proper copyright notice given in the description on Photobucket ) since that thread has been going for a long time.

As for this thread... going by "the letter of the law" they should all be removed. But I hope they'll be able to "fly under the radar", being posted only in this thread, for the specific purpose of illustrating their design for dolling purposes, and with the clear admission that I didn't draw them completely myself.

I wonder if using the "mannequins" from the roleplaying game would be ok for this purpose? Technically, that's "modifying" too, but they were created for the very purpose of providing an easy way for non-artists to show their characters. Then again, it may be that they're only intended for use with the roleplaying game, and not for internet publication.

I don't know if I should actually ask Richard this question, remove all of my pictures, or just wait and see what happens. I don't want to do something against the law or the Pinis' wishes, I don't even want them to see me as a potential law-breaker who repented. I don't want to be noticed that way, even if we come to an understanding later. Not the best first impression to make: the non-artist breaking copyright laws because she wants to play in the EQ universe too.

Never mind. While typing up this post, I decided. Delete all pics, then post the question somewhere Richard will see it. A bit of a hassle, yes, but it's that or leave the community I guess, since I don't do anything here except dolling, and I need reference pictures for that.

Embala

Oh NO OMG!! - you may not leave! There's no reason to leave!

Even in worst case (if you don't get permission for posting your reference pics) your characters can be dolled. There's a world of possibilities ... some shown by Nightsea in your character thread Smile

Shadesong

You're right, it's not a reason to leave. I'm sure I can make it work somehow, I may not be an artist, but a badly-drawn picture with explanations like "her body looks like Dewshine's" etc would give enough of details for dolling. It's just that right now I don't have the time or energy to do this, since I get back/neck problems when spending too much time ( and right now "any time at all" seems to be synonymous with "too much time" ) in front of the computer. So recreating my reference pictures in a legal way will probably take a couple of weeks at least. I just said I'd rather leave than do anything against the wishes of the Pinis. But I think there are other ways to achieve what I need.

Embala

Take your time Hug We will be there when you look in - either with new beauties or just to say "Hi".

Shadesong

Dollz of Firethorn's kitlings in her post.

Embala

Shadesong with the deer looks fab - the Christmas variations are great.

Firethorne's kitlings are adorable. I like the "mirror braids" on Lunaii and the fluffy tektek ears. Maybe kitling ears ARE fluffier tha those of adults ... think it would add to the cuteness.