ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Windstone

Startear

Okay, I know there obviously was a topic for her, but it seems like it has been lost. So I'm putting one up until someone can point me towards it. You see, I found someone in Kings which has the same hair color and somewhat similar hairdo.

Which rised the question, was Windstone pale because she had wolfblood or was it the coloring of New Blood? Always wondered about this.

Embala

It's actually gone! OMG!! Let's see whether I can restore it.

DONE! Wink

Embala

Quote:
"Bonita
Well I actually started this thread because I have no idea who Windstone really is. She apparantly appeared in New Blood, but I don't have those. I've seen Joselle's card of her and she looks interesting.
I've read somewhere that it is speculated that she would (or could) be the daughter of Ahdri and Windkin. Is she?

Quote:
"Foxeye
Yeep, I can't believe I didn't start this thread already! She's only my second favorite female elf. Tongue

There was no indication in the story that she was the child of Windskin and Ahdri. I rather hope she isn't, because it would be an example of a hero who wasn't related to the Wolfriders.

Here is my own sketch of windstone for this thread:

Quote:
"Foxeye
And here are some of the pages where we saw her in New Blood:

[url=http://images.foxeye-art.com/misc/windstonepg3.jpg]Page linked for size[/url]
[url=http://images.foxeye-art.com/misc/windstonepg4.jpg]Page linked for size[/url]

Quote:
"Blackbird
She is no nice, is there more fan art of her?

Quote:
"Foxeye
Icebird did one as well:

I think that, mine, and Joselle's are probably all the fan art for her that's ever been shown on these boards.

Quote:
"Fourleafclover
Hmmm - I've seen Windstone in New Blood but we all know so little about her.... I'm not bugged that we may never find out who her parents are... but what's up with her these days? Is she dead or kicking around somewhere?

Quote:
"Foxeye
It's fairly mysterious. Supposedly she was going to fight to the last to buy time for the villagers to escape, but we never actually saw her die. My guess is that she did die, but the door is definitely open for her to still be alive if they wanted her to be. That page I posted up there where she says "Run fast cub, and don't look back! I'll rejoin you...when I can..." is the last we saw of her.

Quote:
"Minouche
You know, everybody assumed that, in Jink/Rebels/futurequest the elf in wrapstuff by the bridge of destiny was Ahdri (I never know where to put that darn H), and her reappearance in the palace got everybody in a :?: , but maybe Windstone is the one who inhabits the rocks and tries to protect her village for all times. Pretty please, can you shrink the huge picture to make the posts more easily readable.

Quote:
"Foxeye
There you go Smile

Quote:
"krwordgazer
She's an intriguing character. Does anyone know if she was a Jackwolfrider?

Nice art, Foxeye and Icebird!

Quote:
"elf_queen_vik
Quote:
"krwordgazer
She's an intriguing character. Does anyone know if she was a Jackwolfrider?

Nice art, Foxeye and Icebird!

From what I gatherd when I read the new blod comics that I have (Wich is not a lot) She is and she sems to be vary competant and a good leader She was figthing the humans when they invaded sorrows end.

Quote:
"Redhead Ember
Quote:
"Foxeye
Yeep, I can't believe I didn't start this thread already! She's only my second favorite female elf. Tongue

There was no indication in the story that she was the child of Windskin and Ahdri. I rather hope she isn't, because it would be an example of a hero who wasn't related to the Wolfriders.

Here is my own sketch of windstone for this thread:

Uhm... Foxeye... IF Windstone was the daughter of Winkind and Ahdri she WOULD be related to the wolfriders!
She'd be Dewshine's grand daughter! Tongue

Quote:
"Arthis
That's the reason why Foxeye hopes Windstone isN'T...

Quote:
"Redhead Ember
Oh... I read it like Foxeye thought it would be cool if Windstone wasn't the daughter of Windkin of Ahdri because it would be nice with a hero who wasn't related to the Wolfriders which Windstone would be if she was the daughter of Windkin and Ahdri!

Well... I sort of just said it myself!

Windstone NOT daughter of Windkin and Ahdri would make her NOT related to the Wolfriders, which Foxeye think is nice!

I was perhaps a bit tired when I wrote the last one!

Quote:
"Arthis
:wink:

(sorry, spamming)

Quote:
"Blackbird
She is very interesting, and I haven't even read about her, maybe I should try to draw her, she is very pretty, imagine how she would look by wendy's hand Smile

Startear

lol, Embala, when you said that you was going to restore the thread I thought that you was going to snap your fingers and then everything was back!

Embala

It seems that Bonita has canceled her account (or was deleted accidentally) and this seems to delete all threads the user has created. And NO - I'm still unable to work magic ... but some solid handiword will do normally. Wink

I could imagine your find being Windstone! Maybe she is the same girl as in EQ3 - one of the three dancers at the welcome festival for the Wolfriders. At least when you look at her in Donning colors ...

Startear

If that is Windstone, then I wonder what her name was before that. Because if that is her, then speculations oh her having wolfrider blood is certainly proven incorrect.

MultiMEDEA

I'd argue that her having a "Wolfrider-ish" tribal name leans away from her being an original Sun Villager (pre-raid). It'd also seem OOC for a Sun Villager to change his or her name because they became a Jackwolf rider (tho not impossible). Then again, others besides the Pinis had a hand in her creation, so maybe story logic took a flying leap out the window there. Wink

I'd also argue that 'well, everyone has to come from somewhere', so it doesn't diminish her as a Sunfolk hero if she happens to have Wolfrider connections. Especially since she wouldn't have Wolfrider DNA anyway if she's Windkin's daughter 'cause his wolfblood was swiped from him as a child.

If anything, it makes no sense that far more interbreeding didn't go on between the Wolfriders and Sunfolk (or between any other tribes) if Recognition is to be believed. It seems the opposite situation is more in effect: massive (for elves) breeding within tribes and relatively few Recognitions between tribes, when Recognition should kick in big time for the mere fact that there's that much more of a choice genepool to choose from. To me, such story logic is one of those 'smile, nod your head, and refer to Rule #1' situations. Laugh

Startear

First off, sorry it it seemed like I was brushing your comment off, I had temporarily forgotten this place.

Quote:
I'd argue that her having a "Wolfrider-ish" tribal name leans away from her being an original Sun Villager (pre-raid). It'd also seem OOC for a Sun Villager to change his or her name because they became a Jackwolf rider (tho not impossible). Then again, others besides the Pinis had a hand in her creation, so maybe story logic took a flying leap out the window there. Wink

I do agree that it does seem unlogical that one would change their name, but logic has temporarily started flying off in New Blood, as much as I hate to admit it. What makes me wonder is that when this character was introduced, everyone was pale skinned. And then the one in the image I just showed suddenly apeared, and makes me wonder if this is one of these moments, or if Blair just fell in love with above elf's look and base Windstone's look on the unknown female here.

Quote:
I'd also argue that 'well, everyone has to come from somewhere', so it doesn't diminish her as a Sunfolk hero if she happens to have Wolfrider connections. Especially since she wouldn't have Wolfrider DNA anyway if she's Windkin's daughter 'cause his wolfblood was swiped from him as a child.

Personally, I have a hard time believing Windkin is her father. In New Blood we do see that he is saddened when he thinks that Adhri is dead. But not any signs of distress over Windstone, or any else, to my memory. Though I must confess that I haven't read the series in a while, so my memory or interpetation might be rusty. But even so, would he not be very distressed or try to send after his daughter, if he had any?

Magic_Toenail

Ahdri would have also asked after her after she was freed from Wrapstuff in Searcher

Startear

I didn't think about that, but you are right.

MultiMEDEA

Not necessarily. Dart never asked after Bowki.

Magic_Toenail

Because I think Dart knew that Serrin and Boki would be dead of old age by the time the palace reappeared. Windstone's death was not a certainty like Bowki and Serrin's was.

Magic_Toenail

I always thought Windstone was a descendant of Bowki (and thus Dart, Serrin, Strongbow, Moonshade, Woodlock and Rainsong)

Embala

If I should choose a descendant of Bowki it would be Shashen ... he looks pretty much like him. On the other hand ... many characters in the "Forevergreen" story arc look alike.

- Windstone, Silver, Shashen
- Windstone and Shashen

But when Windstone was talking with Shashen and Silver she referred to Dart as "our Chief". I guess a possible relationship would have been mentioned here.

These two pictures make me think they inspired Foxeye to draw her gorgeous adorable Windstone fanart ...

... at least this portrait Smile

Some more shots of the valient and beautiful Warrior Chieftess:

RedheadEmber

Dragging this up Again to say that I'm getting more and more convinced every day that she cannot be the daughter of Windkin and Ahdri.
After all; if she was Ahdri's daughter surely she'd have reacted more when Ahdri seemingly died...

Besides;

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

F
O
R

F
I
N
A
L

Q
U
E
S
T

S
P
E
C
I
A
L

There's nothing in the interaction between Ahdri and Windkin that seem to indicate that they have a child, and therefore are recognized.
As for Dart not asking about Bowki; well... he'd know that Bowki was dead when he awoke...
Finally, I think Windstone simply referred to Dart as 'our chief' because 'our chief, and your great-great-great-great-grandfather Shashen.' would've been too much of a mouthful!