ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Color Me Micro/Doll Contest

Tynami

This is something that started on a few of the micro boards I'm on, I figured I'd bring it here too...

Here are the two starter images... what you need to do is easy... take the starter image, and keep the main lines (black lines and hair outlines on micro, main outlines on doll) and color it however you want. Post what you do here. After a month (doing it longer than normal here cause alot of members dont get on too much) I'll pick the winner, then that winner posts an outline for others to color (doll, micro, whatnot).

Bits and pieces:

- You don't have to do both, but you can if you want to

- You CAN change the skin, eyes, hair, whatever colors, even the outline color, but you must keep the outline as is

- You can add things to the micro and doll (wings, patterns, belts, flowers, weapons), just don't take away lines

Beryl

Here is my entry for the contest

Embala

She's a dark beauty, Beryl Smile

Have you thought of someone special? Or just gave her the colors your muse likes to see?

Beryl

I actually did thought of someone speciel.. I dont know if you remember i posted two dollz in the doll makers doll house.. and I wrote that they where two goddess characters i have..

This girl is the daughter of my fire godess and my god of darkness.. she is the goddess of justice

cometduster

This is the best I can do hope you like them

Jeedai

Inspired by ancient stone statues which were (or may have been) decorated with gold leaf among other pricey things:

Tynami

These are looking fantastic!

Do we want to do this as a challenge or contest? I could post a new 'color me' if ya'll don't want to.

cometduster

How about challenges that sounds like it would be fun....Oooo could you post a wolfrider one or How about an angel?

Tynami

An Angel would be easy to make a color me... I could probably do a Wolfrider too... or one of each of the four tribes. I donno...

cometduster

Ooooo it all sounds good...Now this is what I can do. I just can't build them.

Jeedai

Kat said I could add something here and it wouldn't upset her own things, so here goes...

Here are the male and female bases for Deep Elves (Tidebreak's people)... and work-safe versions if you prefer... For those who don't know them they are deepsea dwellers who express emotion and language through bioluminescent patterns on their scales and fins. Check the link above for example.

What to do for this 'contest' is take the starter image(s) and make the color patterns. Whatever looks good to you (dont worry about what any of it 'means', I never do Smile ). Color however you want. Post what you do here. We'll see where things are after, oh say six weeks. To the end of November.

Bits and pieces:

- You can change the color of the outlines, but not redraw or alter their shape.

- You can add things to the figure (jewelry, belts, fish, weapons, etc), just don't take away lines.

- You cannot adjust the background color. These guys belong in the dark.

- You cannot alter the eyes. They are not glowing with their own 'eye color', just reflecting ambient light like Wolfrider eyes at night do.

I hope that's not too restrictive. Have fun!

EDIT: Photobucket threw up on me when I posted this. The images are now visible.

Jeedai

To clarify, I am not assuming that I won the previous contest. I'm not trying to butt in on Kat or someone else posting an Angel or Wolfrider or whatever.

And hmmm... the prize is I add your design to something I'll be working on.

cometduster

Not to worry Jeedai's I didn't get that feeling from anything you wrote....I happy to see the dolls you have posted I will give them a try as well....Smile

Tynami

I'll see what I can come up with, Jeedai... I haven't had time to micro anything, but I AM planning on making an angel for ya'll to color. Not sure on the Wolfrider though, I may post one of my ideas for Change before I color it and see what ya'll make of her. Or just post her templates. Change REALLY needs more outfits :D If I post Change's templates (heads w/hair and stuff, would anyone be willing to make things up for her? )

Startear

Fashionably late, but I was bored. I think there is too much details here, originally I was just going to give a starry sky... then I added grass. And then the hands started glowing. Nuh_uh

Was fun though!

cometduster

OOOoooooo Startear she looks awesome love the grass and starry night.

Embala

She's looking festive ... or is this just my general mood? Smile

Startear

You are partially right... the people of Hulm carves her in wood. For them, she is the symbol of taking ones life back and being proud. Her season (fall) is very festive.

For the people of Angmar the same woman is the symbol of ruin, the fall of a nation. Currently writing two folktales which symbolizes it. May translate it when I'm done (they're in new norwegian.)

WolfMoonSky

I decided to edite the dollz too.

Startear, yours is very beautiful, hope you don''t mind me using your idea for mines?

Tynami

Love those! I'm planning on making one of your character here soon... got a few ideas for um.

[Deleted User]

I couldn't sleep so I finally got into tackling this challenge that has been sitting on my desktop for ages...

I have no idea if the braid is considered as "covering the lines"- of the original hair, I mean- I tried to make it start from the hair borderline...

And katcombs, I hope you don't mind- I found wing templates from your gallery and snatched one pair without asking- if you do mind, I'll remove them right away... only thought about later that I really should have asked you about it first... Headbang

Lovely dolls everyone- so here's mine added to the batch.

Frist try was sort of "alien with muted palette"- then tried just some plain old fairy simply because I wanted to do pink hair Smile

[Deleted User]

Sorry for double post, I was too tired to edit...

This one's goal was to make the doll as different as possible with as small detail changes as I could...so somehow it came out as Steampunk Kat.. :D And all your black lines are untouched, you can check that Big_laugh

And this thing is addictive, like Tetris!!

Tynami

These are amazing entries!! I made this ages ago based off of one of Joffre's micros..

her neck is a little strange, so feel free to change it to make it right.

Tynami

The ballgown I did ages ago. I just found out I won the color me on another board so I made another one. You may recognize the dress Smile

My version:

[Deleted User]

Congratulations, Kat! Your doll is amazing! the way the golden embroidery of the fabric glimmers is astonishing. No wonder you won.

What were the rules to that color me contest? I'll try to do my version of that doll too.. And could you link the page here- it'd be neat to see the other entrys as well.

Tynami

Oops. didn't realize that could have been misunderstood, this was the one I won the other contest with.

The one I posted above is the one I just posted for the new contest over on the other board.

I've only had one person enter on that one, this...

Quote:
"PrincessLinkette
Here's mine :3 Hope you like!

Medieval Queen of some sort Wink I shall call her... Elena.

These are all the other ones from the other board...

Quote:
"Kat
Quote:
"MrsGrizzley

Quote:
"Dr. Microstein

_____

Quote:
"Witch

Quote:
"Tempest

Quote:
"drea

Quote:
"luphawk

One left... mine...

Farangel in human form

Either Ilyian or the White Witch, haven't decided yet

As for the rules, they're just to color the costume as is, you can add to it, but you can't delete, but if something goes over, like hair, jewelry that's okay.

I haven't been following the rules too well, but a new color me is supposed to be posted by the winner of the last contest, but I like to just let anyone post a 'color me' and everyone have at it. I know access to the internet is few and far between for some so there's no deadlines.

[Deleted User]

Thank you for posting the entries to the competition where the first base was used- very superhero- styled results you got there Smile

As a teenager I was avid reader of celtic mythology and fairy tales, so I guess this lady is my basic homage for that time of my life. I kinda wanted to add stag's horns to her as well..but was too lazy to draw some up.

I got another one coming too...Laugh but not celtic, this time. You sure got me hooked on this, somehow.

Tynami

Tempted to make more Tudor era micros

[Deleted User]

Well, this entry is definetily NOT dressed in tudor era...Big_laugh

Wings are from your template, slightly opaqued, and the bow is modified from some antique microhero site weapons template

[Deleted User]

Argh, something was wrong with my edit-button...the whole thing got stuck with "Loading text editor"- mode...

So this time, the double-posting is not intentional, sorry Preservers... *gets splattered with webstuff anyway*

I just had to do one more, for I fell in love with one wing from katcombs's wing template... and of course had to have a long-haired lady amongst the others :D

So, wing is from template, other edits by yours truly.

Edit: (yay, now it works again!) Changed the winged picture, in the first one the wings were on wrong layer and had hid the outlines of the hands. Glad you like her, Kat Smile Hint of Polgara there, and I recall you like her too... Smile

Tynami

Oh wow, I love that one!!

[Deleted User]

Glad you like her- as I said in my edit in the previous post Smile

The goal of this one was simple, thus the simple golden-pink princess colouring.. "just leave no black lines"

Tynami

For some reason that one reminds me of Barbie

Edit: Showing off the entries from the other board

Quote:
"PrincessLinkette

Quote:
"MalevolentMask

Quote:
"Witch

Quote:
"thetrappedartist

Quote:
"MrsGrizzley

[Deleted User]

hahaha, now that you mention it, it is almost a Barbie copy...weeelll, I did play with those a lot when I was a kid..well, not really play, just change the costumes and hairdos..so my subconscious must have contributed a lot to this one.

Gorgerous entrys from other sites- especially the one by MalevolentMask. And Mrs.Grizz was really creative with the skirt colouring!

WolfMoonSky

Moonmoss.....Katcombs....they are so beautiful!! OMG!! Luvlove

do you girld use paint to make them that beautifull, or maybe something else??

Love the one ''Mrs.Grizz'' made! like the wings!

Love the dark colors ''thetrappedartist'' used!

''Witch'' made it look like a queen! like it!

Very cool outfit what ''MalevolentMask'' made!

Of course I love''PrincessLinkette"'as well. Love the face expression and ears!

Tynami

thetrappedartist is actually elfeneyes :D I love how all these are made... I know some just use paint, others use photoshop, I use a mix of animation shop and photoshop in mine

[Deleted User]

I use photoshop in mine, Wolfie. Nice to see you here. Maybe we see more your colour-me-dolls here too? Puppy_eyes

I don't even know if my colour-me's are entrys anymore, I've done so frikkin' many of them, but I find doing them very relaxing. So, here's another one.

Wings are from katcomb's template, bit edited by me (colour-wise). What can I say, I've loved the wings of butterflies and other insects ever since I was a kid and still do- they are so beautiful!

Tynami

You can do as many as you want, I love to see um Smile I was hoping to make an elf template, but I just haven't had alot of inspiration in that part. The ones I made were rush jobs that I just wanted to get done.

[Deleted User]

Here's another one.

[Deleted User]

Here's one more- the wing template is again from katcombs's templates, but I've done some heavy editing on it: changed colours and took some spikes off.

edit:ooops, ignore the two white pixels on top of the wings, forgot to erase those...

WolfMoonSky

Thanks, Katcombs and Moonmoss! Smile

And the new dollz you made are very beautifull Moonmoss!! specialy love the wings!!

Quote:

Nice to see you here. Maybe we see more your colour-me-dolls here too? Puppy_eyes

....Can not resist....the puppy eyes!OMG!! *faints*

I made two colored ones. I can only use paint so...XD

[Deleted User]

Wow, beautiful dolls, Wolfie! I love the colours- deep greens vs. vibrant spring-hues, and on the other one mystic black and purple/violet. Great to see that the little puppy had an influence on you! Big_laugh

And I don't think it matters what program each uses, as long as they are comfortable with it- the only tool I really missed was the layering function, where you can set parts of picture in different layers. Oh, and better eraser. Definitely that.. Thanks for inspiring me to try Paint after looooong time, it was fun. Smile

So I did this one with Paint...but have to confess, had to go to Photoshop to remove the white background...(sheepish grin)...for I didn't know how to do that with paint. I shall call her...Goldie Big_laugh

cometduster

OK I am completely intimated by all of these beautiful dolls....There is no way I can do what all of you are doing with them.....I love them all!!!!!

Tynami

On this one it's easy, just take the colored tan and black one I posted in one of the earlier posts there somewhere and color it like a coloring book in either paint or whatever graphics program your comp comes with. It's amazing how many different combos you can come up with.

WolfMoonSky

Awww, thanks so much Moonmoss!!! Hug
Love the doll you made!!Luvlove

MrsGrizzley

I am absolutely loving some of the variations you guys are coming up with.

For the record, the wings I used for my version were originally created by "PrincessLinkette". She offered them as a template and I recolored them to fit the micro.

The Color Me's have really been popular on MIB. They're loads of fun to play and experiment with.

Grizz

Tynami

Here's another challenge for coloring!!

Feel free to add or change anything you'd like to it, but try to keep as many of the main lines as possible.

Shadesong

Couldn't resist, because her clothes reminded me of someone... ;-)

Tynami

Oh wow!! She does look perfect in that!

Shadesong

Thanks! Happy

Tynami

Here are the color me entries from the other board...

Witch

Moonmoss

Patronus