ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Newstar, elfiest of all elves

Startear

Poor Newstar, her thread is gone.

Here it is back again!

Trollbabe

I liked the way she became totally Sun Village Vogue, and yet referred to herself and her tribe as "We Wolfriders... "

MultiMEDEA

This is a link to the original thread on the old site format:

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3400

And one to Lutei's thread:

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3750

Unfortunately, Bonita's account was wiped out after the Scroll hack, as were her posts.

Junction

I've always had a soft spot for Newstar. With that long golden hair and willowy build, she's always been one of the prettiest elves. And she pretty much symbolized renewel for the Wolfriders. Definitely the elfiest!

Embala

Poor Newstar indeed ... there was lot of awesome fanart in her thread.

Here are at least some shot from the comics and a concept sketch to give her a face again - adorable cubling - alluring Sunvillager maiden - high-one-like in the Palace

Vojira

Quote:

Btw,how old is she here?

Embala

It's from the beginning of KotBW ... she should be about 16/17 years old there.

She was 6 years at EQ1
+ seven years in the SV before Cutter left ...
+ about 3 years until BM fell.

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Vojira

Ahh, Thanks. =)

Embala

from Facebook

ElfQuest® the official page
11. Juni
Elfmom here: One very comforting aspect of Elfquest mythology is that the Palace is a place where you can go to commune with the spirits of departed loved ones. Newstar often visits her non-corporeal lifemate Lutei who was killed, long ago, defending the Sun Village. Ah, but most elf spirits retain ideas and feelings of their own. In "Elfquest - the Final Quest" prologue, Lutei has some sound advice for his pretty lady.

Newstar looks so dreamy ... lovely as ever. She's clearly matured ... an Elder now.
This glimpse makes me wish to see Lutai clearly - in a flashback maybe ...

lunakat

Embala said

It's from the beginning of KotBW ... she should be about 16/17 years old there.

Holy High Ones, Batman!- talk about a cradle rob!

Embala

Too young for him? Or do I misinterpret?

I bet she had her share with Dart already somewhen earlier ... and some more experiance with other Sun Villagers.

Redlance was much older than Skywise when he lifemated with Nightfall. And she ... hardly 14 (rather 12+) when you take the timelines in Wolfrider serious. A cradle rob too? Wink
Mender and Ember? How old was she at her visit? 14? ... and Mender might have count some centuries already. And Teir is significant older than Ember as well.
Dewshine and Scouter ... at least they were both "teenagers" Wink
Venka? No matter HOW old she was ... her first lovemate (Zhantee?) must have been much older.
Tyleet? Actually I wonder who she has chosen ...

Skywise and Foxfur? ... in fact she helped to raise him ^^

We really get a problem when we lay our standards on the elves.

Trollbabe

Embala said

We really get a problem when we lay our standards on the elves.

I agree. The Wavedancers are born very mature, too.

Trollbabe

(Spoilers for Final Quest prologue)

Besides Newstar, I wonder how many Elves spend much time communing with their deceased lifemates or lovemates. Clearbrook has moved on with Treestump. We don't see her hanging around the Palace with One-Eye.

lunakat

I don't think One Eye is necessarily hanging around the place. Wasn't it said that Wolfrider souls were the only ones able to go where they want after death? All other elves have to go to the Palace. But we saw One Eyes shoot off after he was released!

SPOILERS FOR FINAL QUEST PROLOGUE:

It does take the finality out of death, though- doesn't it? Look at the situation with Ruffel and Skywise. Leetah immediately talks about when they will be able to commune spiritually. It lessens the loss quite a bit if you can keep chatting with someone after they die. But... how similar is it? Is the dead spirit really at the same level of consciousness? Or the same personality? I had the impression they joined a collective and their individuality faded.

Trollbabe

I'm still wondering why they can't take a Palace census and determine who has died so far.

Embala

(Spoilers for Final Quest prologue)

Besides Newstar, I wonder how many Elves spend much time communing with their deceased lifemates or lovemates. Clearbrook has moved on with Treestump. We don't see her hanging around the Palace with One-Eye.
In general there are two possibilites.

1. It is so common that there is no need to point it out. We know it is possible. The elves simply do it.

The Sunfolk lives in the Palace. learns to use its ressources. They must have contact with the spirits all the time. And possibly contact them for personal musings whenever they feel like it.

Remember - Leetah mentioned the possibility of spiritual communication with Ruffel almost casually.

2. It is not common. It is just like we are shown. Contact mainly with lately (in elfin terms) passed elves, and/or when issues in life or with death left unreconciled. Newstar has slept with her wounded son Kimo for (most of) the 10,000 years. Lutei's loss and the terror of elf killed elf is still fresh to her.

For the rest ... neither the spirits nor the living elves are specially interested. Hmmm ... Personally I don't think so.

lunakat said
I don't think One Eye is necessarily hanging around the place. Wasn't it said that Wolfrider souls were the only ones able to go where they want after death? All other elves have to go to the Palace. But we saw One Eyes shoot off after he was released!
Nod. Clearbrook had her moment with SUR in the Palace - when she freed his spirit. And later - when he was called to mediate between Strongbow and Kureel. And Clearbrook went on ... happy again. There is no need to hang around with a mate who passed away centuries ago. Doesn't mean they won't meet then and now, tho. Smile

As lunakat pointed out - One-Eye can be everywhere. Maybe he is running secretly with Ember's pack - close to his son and family?

I'm still wondering why they can't take a Palace census and determine who has died so far.
lunakat said
It does take the finality out of death, though- doesn't it? Look at the situation with Ruffel and Skywise. Leetah immediately talks about when they will be able to commune spiritually. It lessens the loss quite a bit if you can keep chatting with someone after they die. But... how similar is it? Is the dead spirit really at the same level of consciousness? Or the same personality? I had the impression they joined a collective and their individuality faded.
Why not discussing this at a more fitting place? Want to open a thread about the elves relationship with their ancestor's spirits? Count me in then.

Looks like Newstar made peace with Lutei's passing - with much help of his spirit. And ... it looks like there will be a new love for her - and a new matured couple for us Wink

RedheadEmber

(Uhm... didn't the Freeing Sur happen at the same time as the help Strongbow ask Kureel for forgiveness?)

As for the potential Newstar/Ohler couple. Well; Look at Lutei!
I'm sure that while he was bobbing along after Newstar, giggling a little as she attracted some odd looks from her sudden desicion to speak out loud, he send a quick message along to his brother, making sure Newstar would bumb into him!

Trollbabe

It would be interesting if Newstar had another cub.

Embala

You are right, Redhead! Thanks for correction :)

http://www.elfquest.com/comic_viewer.php?fd=/gallery/OnlineComics/KOBW/KOBW03/_Kings%20of%20the%20Broken%20Wheel%20-%203_page=1#_28#