ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Easter EggQuest

Embala

A little game for the time before Easter - hoping some of you will join in and have fun with it. Happy

It's like a Tresure Hunt.

I have prepared Easter eggs and nests ... quite similar to the Christmas baubles you might know from my Advent Calendar. Starting coming Monday I will post a nest with three or more eggs every day until Easter Monday.
BUT - the eggs are still empty!
You will have to hunt down the hidden decoration pics and bring them back to this thread.
Well - at least I hope you are willing to hunt them down Wink

The rules are simple:

1. I'll post one empty nest per day in the Easter EggQuest thread.

2. The look of the nest and the number of eggs will hint which character you have to hunt down - and I will give more verbal hints.

3. The decorations are hidden - each character in a dedicated Character thread. Use the *Keeping in Character listing* for easier hunt (updated list on page #1, second-last post).
I'll drop the decorations at different times, so that more members have a chance to find one first, but all within 24 hours after the nest is posted.
You will find the decorations - as tiny eggs - in ONE of my OLD posts Razz ... and not necessarily the most recent one! So look through the character thread when you suspect an egg there - starting at the end is encouraged, tho.

4. When you find a tiny egg bring it to the EasterEgg thread - post it here!
- copy/paste the image code
- or link to the character thread
- or just tell me in your post where you've found it.

5. I will "lay it in the nest" - when all hidden eggs are found it will show nicely decorated Happy

Any questions?

I hope to meet many of you in the thread and wish you fun during the next two weeks - either as an eager and successful hunter or as a visitor!

Easter EggQuest 2012 - Parents and Cubs and The Gift Egg Collection at page #7
click right mouse key on the nests to enlarge them

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

Easter EggQuest 2013 - Family and Friends and The Gift Egg Collection at page #23

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - - - -

Easter EggQuest 2014 - Unexpected relationships and The Gift Egg Collection at page #36

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

- - -

Here the filled nests will be gathered and shown as thumbnails - one by one - as the hunt proceeds.

There are some pretties in this thread which are not linked to - contributions and gifts by friends and visitors. Happy You'll have to hunt for them!

- under reconstuction -

Watershaper

That really sounds great I cannot wait for the fun to begin!

Embala

Welcome, Watershaper! Yay

It will start soon enough ... running last preparations right now .

Embala

Let's start Happy

COUNT ... and then THINK. The number is the best hint!

This nest is an exception from the rule #3 - I will post only one egg per day (or none) from now until Easter Monday. Have dropped the first one!
And it's sort of a variation of this year's theme ...

Remember - all the tiny eggs you are supposed to find are hidden in the Keeping In Character threads only.
And the theme is "Parents and Cubs" - should limit the threads in question Wink

Have FUN!

Embala

The first day, the first "regular" nest ...

Think of a BEGINNING ... essential for our favorite graphic novel!

The three eggs will be randomly dropped during the day.

Cleopatra

Found it Smile

RedheadEmber

Found one!

And another!

Watershaper

I found another one

Embala

Congratulations to the first successful hunter, Cleopatra! Clap

Yay Glad you have fun, Redhead! Your finds are added to the circle now.

Well done, Watershaper! Happy

Good hunt!

TrollHammer

Think I found one:

At least it hasn't said found yet.

Embala

You have completed todays's nest, Hammer! Yeah I'm going to chance it into the decorated version at once!

TrollHammer

Just curious, doesn't one of them count for both sets, in a way?

Embala

The character has to be in the right egg, too ... so no "double match", Hammer Wink

Seastorm

This is awesome, Embala! Can't wait for the next one! Happy

Embala

This nest is NOT COMPLETE ... but that's all we knew for a very long time.

RedheadEmber

Shouldn't all the chiefs be posted by now? I've been looking... couldn't find 'em!

Embala

That's why I made the Chiefs Circle an exception from rule #3! Tongue

Quote:
... This nest is an exception from the rule #3 - I will post only one egg per day (or none) from now until Easter Monday. ...

But there is an egg lying around ... somewhere!

Beryl

I found one!! Yay

RedheadEmber

Me too!

[Deleted User]

Oooh, what a neat Quest! Got one too!

RedheadEmber

Hang on! There should be one egg for Moonshade and one for Dart, not one with both!

(+ of course a sort of 'floathing' one at the side for Crescent and a tiny little one for Chitter!)

[Deleted User]

Redhead, the clue specifically stated that:

This nest is NOT COMPLETE ... but that's all we knew for a very long time.

..so someone will be missing, I think... Smile And I think it was a neat twist to put Dart as a little cub in same egg with his mom Smile

Embala

WOW ... that was FAST, Beryl! I've dropped Strongbow hardly five minutes before! Looks like you were just waiting for him. Glad you were at the right time at the right place ... I know it made you cheer Kiss

You are determind to gather all the Chiefs, are you Redhead? Skyfire is added ... good luck for the next one! Thumbs_up

How did you manage this, Moonmoos? Passing by just in time for Moonshade is a neat stunt! Thanks for the kind words Happy ... hope you'll look in again.

Beryl

I found Dart :D

TrollHammer

I thought Id seen Dart, but Id passed it ip thinking it had been found already. : )

Great fun!

Embala

Ha! You've got him, Beryl. The full nest is showing now. Yay

Glad you have fun, Hammer! I suggest to bring it in as long as it isn't marked red - worst that can happen is that it's popping up here twice ... or trice Wink

Welcome, Seastorm - enjoy and have fun Wave

Embala

The most unlikely nest ...

Beryl

Pretty nest Hypnotize I found smelt

TrollHammer

Found smelt too, here:

http://www.elfquest.com/social/index.php?do=/forum/-37/smelt-two-edge-s-father/view_539343/

but I'm too late.

TrollHammer

I did, however, find these two:

and

One to go for today?

TrollHammer

aaaaand here's WINNIEEEEE!!!

Ok, ok, so Winnie is supposed to be in the Egg, not the other way around.... I had to though. It was technically within a post by Embala, though (even if it was a quote from Wolfrider, who origionated the image.)

Embala

You are eager, Beryl! Looks like the nest was VERY clear, too ... Let's see how it will look with full decoration!

Two for one, Hammer? You were lucky to show up just at the right time! And you "found" even more as I could expect! Wink

I remember how glad I was when Wolfrider's gorgeous picture showed up during my "resurrecting mission". It looks fantastic - the harmonic colors, the soft feather collar, her delicate skin and bright eyes - and last not least the floating, swirling egg.

TrollHammer

Sorry if I spoiled anything, I figure "egg" has to make an appearance at some point, or perhaps his egg or something. Im sure you have something wonderful thought up Embala!

Vojira

Wooo.

Embala

A new beginning Smile

Watershaper

I found one

and another Cutter

Embala

What makes you think you could have messed up something, TrollHammer? You brought in Winnowill before I even dropped her - LOL ... nice gag. And if you managed to do some foretelling ... this would be simply more fun! Don't worry, you cannot spoil anything!

Wooo Vojira ... you gathered Winnowill - this time in the egg! Must say Beyond looks very content at his prey Wink

Very appropriate gatherings for you, Watershaper - you were lucky again!

Beryl

Leetah :D

Embala

Unique! ... a cub like no other ...

[Deleted User]

and Ember Smile

I must say, thank you for doing this wonderful treat for us, Embala! It must take so much time and effort- and we get all the fun of searching the eggs and seeing the beautiful Embala-trademark-collages as the result! So big hug to you! Hug Hug

and by the way, catching that Moonshade-egg was pure luck, I peeked in to see what's happening on the forum, saw the game, guessed the nest right and scrolled all three character threads for few times during the evening-and there she just popped up Smile

RedheadEmber

She disappeared from the tribe... but now she's been found!

faeriegirl

oooooohhhh!!! Love this!!
Found another egg that's probably not (yet) part of the EggQuest...

RedheadEmber

Nastybad Picture-Gathering Bigthing really not nice...

I'm seriously lost about the lastest nest...

Vojira

Found this little guy...

RedheadEmber

Who is that?

Vojira

one (or two if I'm seeing right) of the High Ones in OQ 13. They show up when they go looking for Timmain in a den.

Embala

Trof brings in an egg too - how cute, fairiegirl. Poor boy seems to be a bit timid and unsecure - he's very welcome Hug Maybe you and Hammer have given me an idea for next year ...

Looks like Leetah was waiting for you to get up in the morning, Beryl - the early bird catches the egg Laugh

*snuggles in the huggle* That feels gooood, Moonmoss Heart Getting such feedback - by eager hunters, enjoyed visitors and praising commentors - makes it sheer fun for me too! Ember and her family are brought home and snuggle together as well.

... and reunited with her sire in the Circle! Another chief you caught, Redhead. Is the current nest really such a RIDDLE for you? I've already told it's unique. The guys DJAF brought could be a help - when you have a very good picture memory. Wink

You surprise me, Vojira - would have bet that this decoration will be found last, unless it was the first being dropped!

Embala

Only memories in blue show her ...

[Deleted User]

Papa..

*giggles* this EggQuest is addictive, I swear

..aand Mama with the baby

I was wondering if you'd dropped both eggs when I found the Alpha Wolf Smile

faeriegirl

I KNOW who the new nest is!! But I don't see any eggs yet Unhappy

faeriegirl

Gotcha Timmorn in your own thread!

woohoo my first found egg!

faeriegirl

GOTCHA!
I KNEW I was looking for this set! Somehow the 'memory only in blue' sent me straight to the right place!

faeriegirl

Booyah!! Sexy Bearclaw found! I'm on a roll! =D

Embala

You are back with a good catch, Moonmoss Yeah Glad to see you look in and having fun again. So ... it's addictive? GREAT!

That's on a roll indeed, faeriegirl - finishing one nest, starting anothoer and bringing in the chief as a bonus! Looks like you are infected by the EEQ virus, too Laugh

Headbang3 And I was afraid no one would care for the eggs!

RedheadEmber

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

And found one more!

Eeeh... Embi! You need to go and mark the Bearclaw faerie found as... found!

Embala

No comment!

SOooo Hard? *sigh* Look WHERE this nest is built up - and forget everything else for first hunt!

faeriegirl

Now THAT's an easy one as I thought of this family when it was Timmorn!

*off to hunt!*

faeriegirl

...Damn. Still no eggs found, it must be another family... darnit!

Vojira

Quote:

No comment!

That oddly enough makes me think of one of my elfin families...O_o

Embala

LOL ... should I fill them in? XD

TrollHammer

The Gold one is NOT a chocolate easter egg, dont try eating it!

Not that I would know from personal experience or anything... *whistles innocently*

faeriegirl

*sigh*

OK, I'm at a loss.
Family of 5... means 2 or 3 parents and 3 or 2 kids...
Have browsed through the Woodlock/Rainsong&kids... Archer's family (StrongbowMoonshade&kids), Pike/Skot/Krim/Sust/Cheipar... Dewshine/Scouter/Tyleet/Pool/Windkin/Tyldak...

I don't know anymore... there should be eggs out already...

Embala

Don't think too "narrowed", folks - there are no more rules than the 5 listed in the first post.
... I'm well known as Nastybad Gamething with a twisted POV Razz

And don't forget that not only the number hints the family - just SEE ... and go for the obvious!

OKAY, okay ... I'll drop a hint at the nest!

TrollHammer

I kinda thought the image sparked an idea, but the number threw me off. Nice work, Embala!

Looks like I cant get the egg I found to post here using my phone. Still, it should be obvious enough she shouldnt need to give any more clues than what is.in the image, and remember one of the main themes of family.

Watershaper

I found one

faeriegirl

...who IS that?

Beryl

Its Picknose

faeriegirl

Ah. Then now it's regularly go through the rest of the family's threads until Embala has posted them all Wink

...anyone see a new chief's egg today? I can't find any yet. Then again, Embala said she wouldn't necessarily post one every day...

faeriegirl

GOTCHA!!
Nastybad gamething being tricky again!

Trinket's got 2 papas... and here's the other one!

Watershaper

Here is Trinket

faeriegirl

Maggoty surfaced!

[Deleted User]

hee, caught my first chief... Smile

Beryl

I found Oddbit! :D

Embala

This egg looks weird for a reason!

[Deleted User]

yup, the colours of the nest and the amount of the eggs fit Smile

faeriegirl

No... any family with Scouter in it needs 5 eggs in my opinion.
Clearbrook/One-eye/Scouter/unknown-sister = 4 but you're forgetting Treestump.
Scouter/Dewshine/Tyleet/Pool = 4 but you're forgetting Windkin!

RedheadEmber

Yeah... except; Windkin was never really a part of the Scouter/Dewshine/Tyleet/Pool family...

[Deleted User]

Yeah, but the clue, remember the clue as well! Of course I can't be 100 % sure myself yet, but I think I've got it...

faeriegirl

Well, I just scanned through all threads I mentioned above and none of them has an egg... most of the 24hrs for this nest have passed...

there must be another family with Scouter that I haven't thought of!

[Deleted User]

Well, no eggs has been dropped for my "option for this family" either yet... Nastybad Gamething is keeping the suspense high, methinks... Smile

faeriegirl

That could be the case too! lol

[Deleted User]

Ha! Looking good...especially considering where I found this from...

faeriegirl

Nice find!

Embala

I see the Trolls have gathered nicely ... and we had several lucky hunters! Two in a day is a good result, Watershaper - considering you are running short of time these days!

Your eagerness was rewarded in the end - two more for you too, faeriegirl. And you found the tricky part Laugh - don't blame me! How could I disagree with Trinket ... OMG!! imagine this bruhaha!

Shouldn't a sheer golden egg be a real treat for every true Troll, Hammer? Tongue

Oddbit and Freefoot were waiting for early birds ... good catch, Beryl and Moonmoss!

You have spotted Scouter fast, Moonmoss, we'll see whether you are right with the current nest! There's often more than one possibility - and more than one POV Wink Just noticed you brought in Dewshine and the little Bumper as well - you have an knack for Mommy with cub!

In this sense ...

Quote:

No... any family with Scouter in it needs 5 eggs in my opinion.

Clearbrook/One-eye/Scouter/unknown-sister = 4 but you're forgetting Treestump.
... it would make a lucky seven! You have to add Dewshine, of course and Rillfisher to round it up nicely.

On a different note: Include some profane reasons like no internet access in your considerations! Wink

[Deleted User]

Freefoot was caught by a really early bird, couldn't get any sleep after 4 am..

Sidenote:Yeah, I'm sorry about the suspense-keeping being the only consideration.. no net access is probably the case most often (like now?) but it was too tempting to pass up a chance to use the term "Nasty-Bad Gamething". Sorry Hug

Embala

Laugh That's okay, Moonmoss Hug

Just wanted to make clear that SOMETIMES the reason for flop delay CAN be simply practical constraints ... or being on the wrong scent ... or a nastybad gamething!

faeriegirl

Indeed! With you we'll never know if it was truly loss of internet access, or if you were being nastybad gamething after all! Tongue

faeriegirl

'nother Bumper egg! Smile

faeriegirl

And now that I've found an egg today, I'm off to work on my beaded flowers Smile
Might drop in again later to do another hunting round before bed though! Happy

TrollHammer

Quote:

Shouldn't a sheer golden egg be a real treat for every true Troll, Hammer? Tongue

Depends on what it represents. Trinket is a mump that would be found to be a treasure only to her family. No daughter of mine would be that uppity and high-nosed!

Allura

Did I finally find one before someone else?!

Embala

Allura! I wasn't aware Timmorn himself was hunting! You caught Tyldak - perfect to finish Windkin's nest Yeah

Glad you were content with your catch, faeriegirl Smile

Embala

That looks very rough, doesn't it ... and not close. A different family as you might expect.

Allura

The hunt continues!

Edit: And a chief! Okay, I'm done for today.

[Deleted User]

Wonderful picture choice for Tyldak, Embala.

and Timmorn had a great hunt...The Blood of Ten Chiefs himself, plus first egg to the new nest. Great catch, Allura.

faeriegirl

Father found!

Embala

OMG ... and I thought this nest might be difficult to find out! Good job indeed, Allura Thumbs_up

Thank you for the kind words for Tyldak, Moonmoss - I wanted to show a caring scene.

You had to wait long for this catch, faeriegirl Wink

Allura

:D

I'm just glad that I finally found some. ^^ Lately I haven't been able to get one in time to look.

Embala

This nest should show, really ...

Allura

Mauahahaha!

NEXT PAGE