ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Easter EggQuest

G0lden

Embala you are a wonder with you incredible imagination.

RedheadEmber

Great hunt!

So... when's the next themed collage collection up?

Embala

Thank you, comet *hugs* It was great fun to think out the nests - and even more to play with the mineral eggs, looking for pleasant combinations.

I'm honored, G0lden! I love minerals an gemstones - you can see a world in them.

Want to volonteer, Redhead? Tongue Helas, there will be hardly something ongoing show up before Advent.

Thank You very much!

Thank you to all of you who joined the hunt, visited the thread and shared this fun with me. Happy

When time allows - and you are ready for another round - I'll do my best to organize an EggQuest again next Easter.

cometduster

*Huggles* back.....Happy

TrollHammer

Thank you, Embala, for thinking of all the rest of us and putting so much work into fun and wonderment for others. You're amazing!

Star_Gazer

Thank you,my dear friend Hug
You did an amazing job for all of us.Sorry,that I'm late.

Yenhei-go-back

Headbang3 I haven't thanked you! Bow_down Oh mighty Egg Master, you're awesome. Yup and uh Yeah you are the best XD

Embala

No apologies, ShadowStep. You are never too late, my friend - I'm just glad you found time to look in and found your gift. Your constant interest in the EggQuest was one of the reasons that finally made me do it.

- for ShadowStep. Sorry you couldn't have fun with us. *hugs*
This egg is Mokaite Jasper ... looks like a healing aura for Mender!

I remember this different, Yenhei! You've thanked me for sure. But I like HOW you tell me again Laugh Glad you had fun - it's all my pleasure!

Sharing multiplies the fun, Hammer Happy Thank you for your appreciation.

Startear

Sad that I couldn't play, I'm sure it was a fun event. =D

[Deleted User]

These are rather late, and fuzzy as anything..but once again, big thank you Heart You are awesome, Embala! As are your assistants, I believe there was Sharptooth and maybe someone else too?

The stone is rainbow moonstone, thought it might suit Embunny and Venka's go-back side...I borrowed the egg-cup from my gift-egg.

Embala

[Deleted User] said: These are rather late, and fuzzy as anything..but once again, big thank you Heart You are awesome, Embala! As are your assistants, I believe there was Sharptooth and maybe someone else too?

The stone is rainbow moonstone, thought it might suit Embunny and Venka's go-back side...I borrowed the egg-cup from my gift-egg.

More gifts for me Hypnotize ... you are spoiling me, Moonmoss! Embala loves her Easterly home in shimmering Palace stuff Wink ... and Venka feels comfortable there, too. Excellent choice and well done! Her colors go nicely with the light reflections in the egg ... and the turn-around made the frame perfect.
I'd like to add it to the "gift post" - provided your agreement.

Actually Moonstone is one of these shimmering gemstones I value far beyond bright gleaming jewels. And the "rainbow" variance has an endearing quality!

Indeed Sharptooth's opinion was highly estimated when I needed feedback on previews - and there were some others whose encouragement made me actually start this. Happy

[Deleted User]

I'd be honoured if you added my gift-Venka there.. Smile
I too, value some gemstones far beyond jewels. Rainbow moonstone with its shimmering blue glint on the pure white rock is most beautiful. Amber with the deep fire within is another one of my favourites- that suited as a background for young Leetah perfectly Smile

RedheadEmber

How you make those eggs?

Startear

Found him! Thank you so much Embala! Kiss2

Embala

- for Startear (DJIH), a very secret hunter ... without luck Unhappy
This egg is Petrified Palm - it's snow in the night for sure!

Embala

Quote:
How you make those eggs?
Asking me, Redhead? Let's see ...

1. You need a picture editing program that allows you to work with different layers.

2. Hunting on the web for good eggs ... yes, I confess :/

3. choosing pictures for the decoration - cut them out, clean them, crop them, make sure to enhance quality again ...

4. combine the layers:

- base layer is the egg picture

- middle layer is the prepared EQ motive ... you might have to weaken the outlines and erase this or that end

- top layer is the egg picture again - in a transparent quality of 20% to 40% of the original, depending on the background and the motive.

This last layer "melts" the motive in the egg - it's a bit blurry now, but doesn't look like a sticker anymore. It's more like a drawing - with slightly transparent colors.

You should get the same effect when you make the motive layer transparent (80% to 70%) - but I prefer to work in three layers.

Does this help?

Embala

This thread is fixed Happy

Embala

Then you get a short rest before it's time to think about the Easter Egg Hunt!

It's very generous that you will grant me some rest after doing the extended Advent calendars, Redhead.
Let me tell you however - I am thinking about the Easter Egg Hunt! for months already. Tongue

RedheadEmber

I am very generous!

But, you know, this huge demand for your collagey-stuff is entirely your own fault. You're the one making such great stuff!

Embala

*blushes* is feeling both flattered and embarrassed

I hope to provide some fun for my friends and visitors again this year Smile

Embala

How about ...

... a second round?

A shorter quest maybe, with fewer eggs - whatever I can manage. Anyone interested?

TrollHammer

Embala said

How about ...

... a second round?

A shorter quest maybe, with fewer eggs - whatever I can manage. Anyone interested?

Sure, maybe this time I will be able to participate more!

Embala

Would be a reason more! Smile

faeriegirl

I'm game!

RedheadEmber

Embala said

How about ...

... a second round?

Do I even have to answer this?

WolfMoonSky

Do I even have to answer this?

Same here! Wink

Embala

Okay, there will be an EasterEgg Quest ... one way or another. When you are caring for it - I will manage. Smile Promised!

The rules are in the first post - same as last year. Theme will be "Family and Friends". You'll have some more possibilities to check. Wink

Embala

The first egg is dropped Smile
Keep in mind - this first nest will NOT be finished within 24 hours but will occupy you until Easter weekend.

TrollHammer

Oochamagoochima, a big ol mess o' eggs! Ill have mine scrambled... Lol.

I think I have them.figured out, not sure who the center is for certain, though.... Ill have to look at this when Im not asleeeeppp.... *sawin logs...*

RedheadEmber

Wait... aren't there gonna be any nests with clues? Are we just gonna search blindly?

Embala

Wait... aren't there gonna be any nests with clues? Are we just gonna search blindly?
But there is a clue going with the first nest, Redhead - COUNT! The number should tell you Wink

And of course there will be hints going with the following nests ... hopfully one nest per day.

WTF ... Eek! ... I've EDITED my previous post insted of adding a new one! Headbang2

Embala

Let's start - AGAIN Happy

COUNT ... The number is the best hint!

This nest is an exception from the rule #3 - I will post only one egg per day (or none) from now until Easter Monday. Have dropped the first one!
And it's sort of a variation of this year's theme ...

Remember - all the tiny eggs you are supposed to find are hidden in the Keeping In Character threads only.
And the theme is "Family and Friends" - should limit the threads in question ... not too much Wink

Have FUN!

faeriegirl

8 eggs around a center one.

I'm gonna use this post to write down my current theories about the first nest. When there's no first egg found so far.
Last year the big egg was the Ten Chiefs... my starting assumption is that this year the first nest will be an "epic" one like that too.

I was thinking Circle of Nine... Timmain in the middle maybe? or maybe 8 out of 9 were pictured and the Palace in the middle... but I am doubtful now. How many were still living when Timmain discovered the howling/singing, were that maybe 9?

Or maybe it's the Chosen Eight... around a bondbird? Or Blue Mountain?

The still-living High Ones with Timmorn who started the first Holt?
Ancestors of Sorrow's End (but they were with 5, right)?
Group that started living in Blue Mountain?
Maybe Cutter in the center of his family? (let's do a head count. Leetah, Ember, Suntop, Shuna, Korafay, Bearclaw, Joyleaf, Treestump does fill out 8)

Embala

Prove it - or disprove it! Wink

Sorry - I realised that the Keeping in Charakter Listing has broken links - AGAIN Smash You'll have to search for the threads in question by hand - or use the search maschine. I hope some will take the effort ... and have fun nevertheless.

faeriegirl

I'm trying Smile

And editing my previous post to include all theories I'm coming up with so they're collected in one place until someone proves/disproves them!

faeriegirl

Found an egg from last year that still says "reserved for G0lden". Cutter's thread, post 296. Maybe change it to "found"?

*edit* same for Sunstream's thread, post 166 for Watershaper.

Embala

I see there's a world of possibilities I have not thought about! Laugh

btw: My Keeping in Character Listing on page two might still be helpful - to see whether there is a thread dedicated to the person you look for ... or maybe a "gathering" thread ... or whether you should look elsewhere ...

... or think about another possibilitiy ... XD

faeriegirl

OK I've now searched through these threads and have not found the egg:
Bearclaw
Cutter
Ember
Shuna
Sunstream
Timmain
Treestump
Korafay
Adya
Orolin

*edit* and seems all the links in your list are broken, Embala! They send me right to page 1 of the Keeping in Character forum.

Please someone join in!

Embala

*edit* and seems all the links in your list are broken, Embala! They send me right to page 1 of the Keeping in Character forum.
I know Unhappy ... and I've no time to fix it now.

You are on the right way, fae - one of your thoughts is absolutely right. You should trust yourself Wink

And ... there's not always a thread for "one character only" - use the listing to find "groups".

faeriegirl

GOTCHA!!

First post in http://www.elfquest.com/social/forum/thread/7628/high-ones-there-are-more-than-9/ shows a quote with an egg at Kalil.

It seems I cannot copy the egg to here though Unhappy

Embala

Yay First egg found! Clap

GOTCHA!!

It seems I cannot copy the egg to here though Unhappy

Some of these new functions s... ähm - are not fun. :/
1. right click on the picture - then click "copy graphic address" (or a similar text)
2. paste this http address into your new post
3. add (img) before and (/img) after said address - but replace the round brackets by square brackets!
Quote my poste to look at the coding Smile

Of course ANY clear description find spot will be accepted!

faeriegirl

D'oh, that's the quick way of collecting the egg.
I totally forgot that way, I was relying on copying the full image code from a quotation of your post Wink

So I guess the first nest will end up with the Circle of Nine indeed :D

Embala

It's already Monday here ... and I will have no time to post in the morning. So here's the next nest.

A triangle!

G0lden

Oh a new egg hunt. I'll pop in as I can, but I have an afghan to crochet before the first week of April.

TrollHammer

*feelin low for missing a day* Sorry! Ill be able to be on tomarrow, I hope. Busy day with a three year old today.

RedheadEmber

So... we have to look both for the rest of the eggs for the first nest and the eggs in today's nest?

Embala

Basically - Yes. Today's nest ... and maybe one more of the first nest - or not Wink Read my posts? ^^

RedheadEmber

Ehm... have you dropped the egg(s) for today? Coz I've been looking through the threads for the characters I think might be the right ones without finding anything...

And every time I see an egg I go "I FOUND ONE... from last year..."

faeriegirl

me TOO!!!

Embala

There's ONE egg for the new nest lying around so far Smile

faeriegirl

Yay! Off to hunt!

There's nothing to be found (right now) in these threads: Scouter, Dewshine, Tyleet, Goodtree.

Where are you hunting, Redhead?

RedheadEmber

I've been hunting the threads of Vurdah, Ruffel and Maleen. But I guess they're more like a trio...

faeriegirl

Yea I'd say they were a trio too.

GOTCHA!!

I'll leave Ember's egg for you, Redhead, but we'll be competing to bring Mender's back first! :D

RedheadEmber

So that's the triangle!

Watershaper

I found one

Embala

G0lden said
Oh a new egg hunt. I'll pop in as I can, but I have an afghan to crochet before the first week of April.
Good luck for getting your monster size afghan ready in time, G0lden! Thumbs_up
And when you'll find the time to relax, look in and see something youlike I'll be very happy. You are always welcome - as a hunter or as a silent lurker.

*feelin low for missing a day* Sorry! Ill be able to be on tomarrow, I hope. Busy day with a three year old today.
No need to feel low, Hammer. Hug I'm looking forward to see you look in whenever you can.
Your day promises to be very enjoyable - and VERY exhausting! *chuckles* Have a great time with your little one.

I love that you girls are working together to a certain degree. Oh ... I know too well there will enough competition remain! Laugh Good luck, Redhead!

Congratulations, faeriegirl and Watershaper Yeah - today's nest is filling nicely!

RedheadEmber

I've "found" the Ember Eggs from last year several times now, doesn't that count?

And I found it!

Embala

Nest filled - Mission completed, Redhead! Smile

A new one for tomorrow ...

This nest was NEVER seen complete ...

jeb

Hey, did I find one? It isn't marked 'found'.

Embala

Welcome, jeb! Yay I've already wondered when Aerth will show up!

RedheadEmber

Hmm... today's nest gonna be a family with someone dead...

that's... quite a few!

Embala

I'll add an emphasis to my hint - NEVER SEEN is the clue!

RedheadEmber

I sorta figured that. Hence why I've been looking through the eggs for the Skot-Krim-Pike family. But of course there should be two "dead" eggs, one for Skot and one for Cheipar.

Another could be the Strongbow-Moonshade family, but then there'd be an egg for the living people missing...

faeriegirl

Plus with the Skot-Krim-Pike there'd need to be an egg for Sust too.
Missing people from Strongbow-Moonshade too...

I'm thinking it's possibly Treestump's family.
Treestump, Dewshine, Rillfisher, and Clearbrook added.

It wouldn't be Clearbrook's family because there'd be a missing egg for her dead daughter.
Or it's One-Eye's family? He, Clearbrook, Scouter, and dead girl?

The way the eggs are laid out makes me think of 3 alive elves, one dead. Whichever family it is.

RedheadEmber

There would be an egg for Sust; the three living would be Pike, Krim and Sust...

faeriegirl

Yea but if the eggs are for Pike, Krim, Sust and Skot then where's Cheipar's egg?
It just doesn't add up for me.

faeriegirl

So far I haven't found any eggs anywhere...

RedheadEmber

As I said, there should be two eggs for dead characters; Skot and Cheipar. Technically we did see the complete Skot, Krim, Pike and Cheipar set; in that one panel of KoBW...

Embala, just to be sure, we are looking for an elf-family, right?

Embala

You are looking for elves, that's right.

And a word about "complete" families and dead or living characters - the nests do not necessarily include everything we know from Prologue locking back at Timmorn's time! Mostly it's a flashlight, looking at a family or group at a certein point in history:
- Treestump's family before EQ 1 ... with or without his sister and Chief friend
- Treestump's family after EQ 1 ... he, Dewshine, Cutter ...
- Treestump's family after SaBM ... with Clearbrook and Scouter and Windkin
- Treestump's family after including Dewshine's threemating + cub ... with or without dead ones
EVERYTHING is possible. Got the point? Wink

faeriegirl

Very clear point!

Opens up A TON of new possibilities though :/ well have to scour the whole forum for this one, LOL

AnnieC

I don't know if this can help but...there's nothing in Sust's thread nor in Dart's xD so...I'm out of ideas for now xD

RedheadEmber

The worst part about this: Once we find the first egg it's gonna seem so obvious, like why didn't we think about that family?

Bit like playing the 'Who am I' game with Embala...

faeriegirl

Exactly...
and Embala is really bringing her nasty-bad gaming here!

AnnieC

xD anyway, there's nothing in windkin's and in scounter's threads too...
New ideas?

RedheadEmber

I'm completely blank!

jeb

yay! My guess was correct! (You just know, if you remember my old avatar, this would be my first thought.)

AnnieC

I suspected it had something to do with clearbrook's family but there was nothing on Scouter's thread so I just thought i was wrong xD Ookay now where are the other ones? xD
gonna check One-Eye's Tongue

AnnieC

okay just found out there's no one-eye thread apparently...and nothing in treestump's o.O

faeriegirl

There is... nothing in it though.

AnnieC

okay the first one was clearbrook... other 3 to find...
-it's not treestump
-it's not scouter
-it's not pool

any other ideas?

faeriegirl

Nothing yet... probably the eggs haven't been dropped yet except for the Clearbrook one.

Tonia

Well I had an idea but where I looked I did find one so I could be wrong. Gonna keep searching tho Smile hope fully my ipod lets me play

RedheadEmber

My idea is that it's Clearbrook, One-Eye and Scouter + Clearbrook's (and One-Eye/Woodhue's) dead daughter.

I know we don't actually have pictures of said dead daughter, but come on; don't we all know Embala well enough to know that it would be just her to make an egg with an "invissible" character?

faeriegirl

What Redhead said.
Plus, the clue clearly states "NEVER SEEN".
Still nothing in those 3 threads.

Tonia

Im thinking that too but isnt one of the eggs supposed to represent a deceased? If so wouldnt there be two of em? Anyway just wondering

RedheadEmber

Well... the desceased would be the daughter. The family situation doesn't have to be "Now" (Final Quest Prologue time)

It would be the family as it was during the OQ basically (notice Clearbrook in the Egg, it's a younger version...)

Tonia

Ok cool thanks Red makes sense Smile

jeb

I was thinking, if the theme is "family and friends", maybe it's a different grouping than Clearbrook's family (although I'm pretty sure that's it.)

Maybe her friends in the tribe? Got me thinking of the female elders. Could be Clearbrook and Moonshade. Maybe Joyleaf as the dead (or separated) one? But then who would be the fourth?

Will have to wait for the next egg, but I'll still be checking One-Eye, Scouter and lost daughter threads as the most likely place for it to show up.

AnnieC

Hmm... The idea of the elder females is interesting... But i'm sure we have seen joyleaf, moonshade and Clearbrook in the same scene... So...
And about her family... The only problem is That in scouter's thread and in her daughter's thread as well there is nothing yet... So... It's either Em hasn't dropped the eggs yet... Or we are looking in the wrong direction xD

faeriegirl

FOUND SCOUTER!!

lol dropped literally 1 minute ago according to the edit time XD

AnnieC

FOUND SCOUTER!!

Ahaha that's Why i didn't find anything when i checked xD good job!

AnnieC

I found the other! In Clearbrook's daughter thread... Just don't know how to post the egg from cellphone Unhappy

Easter EggQuest 2013
[/quote]

Let's see if it works xD

Embala

LOL ... This year's EggQuest is different. Definitely! Laugh It's great fun to read all the conversation here. No silent sneaking hunters - but a hunting party working together. Me likes!

Welcome to the hunt, Annie! Wave Hope you have fun and will be successful soon. You seem to be puzzled about missing eggs - they are not dropped at the same time.
The first one may be dropped with the nest ... or later, followed by others over the next 24 hours. It's not so much to make you all riddle and wonder but to give different hunters a chance to find a fresh egg. There's possibly only one egg at one time - but having just delivered an egg doesn't mean there cannot be another one either.

Oh, I see Yeah you already were successful!

AnnieC

Embala said

LOL ... This year's EggQuest is different. Definitely! Laugh It's great fun to read all the conversation here. No silent sneaking hunters - but a hunting party working together. Me likes!

Welcome to the hunt, Annie! Wave Hope you have fun and will be successful soon. You seem to be puzzled about missing eggs - they are not dropped at the same time.
The first one may be dropped with the nest ... or later, followed bey others over the next 24 hours. It's not so much to make you all riddle and wonder but to give different hunters a chance to find a fresh egg. There's possibly only one egg at one time - but having just delivered an egg doesn't mean there cannot be another one either.

Oh, I see Yeah you already were successful!

Thanx a Lot Em Smile and Now i've figured out better how to play xD
It's fun ^^

Embala

It wouldn't be Clearbrook's family because there'd be a missing egg for her dead daughter.
Or it's One-Eye's family? He, Clearbrook, Scouter, and dead girl?
I really wonder why Clearbrook wasn't found MUCH earlier - she was lying around from the beginning. Wink

jeb said
yay! My guess was correct! (You just know, if you remember my old avatar, this would be my first thought.)

Congrats, jeb! Thumbs_up btw ... what/who was your first avatar? Clearbrook - a special pic of her?

jasonia said
Well I had an idea but where I looked I did find one so I could be wrong. Gonna keep searching tho Smile hope fully my ipod lets me play
My eyes see with joy! I hope you have fun and will be lucky soon, Tonia.

My idea is that it's Clearbrook, One-Eye and Scouter + Clearbrook's (and One-Eye/Woodhue's) dead daughter.
I know we don't actually have pictures of said dead daughter, but come on; don't we all know Embala well enough to know that it would be just her to make an egg with an "invissible" character?
Would be just me to make her a visible one, don't you think so, Redhead? Razz

FOUND SCOUTER!!

THIS should be absolute record, faeriegirl! Clap

Annie C said
I found the other! In Clearbrook's daughter thread...

Easter EggQuest 2013
Congratulations, Annie - like faeriegirl you've looked at the right place just in time!

Of course this is not really Clearbrook's deceased daugther - I don't have secret informations. Wink But the moment I've taken a close look at this calm, thoughtful Go-Back girl I thought: This could be Clearbrook's daughter by look, colors and expression!
Always wanted to make a "completed" family shot with her some day.

faeriegirl

Yay! Go-back girl is VERY fitting indeed!

But don't start giving Redhead credit for my record-find now, mind! Wink

And I must have overlooked Clearbrook's egg because I know I searched her thread and didn't find anything Unhappy
*edit* Nope, I just went back to her thread and realized I stopped searching it way before Embala even joined the forum for some reason. Probably I thought I had finished searching her thread and went on to search other threads (had like a dozen tabs of threads open that time). Own fault!

Embala

Already noticed and fixed, faeriegirl Wink You made up for your bad luck by finding Scouter.

And ... I had your discussion all the day long - so much fun reading back!

AnnieC

and now..off to sleep I go xD

Embala

Congrats, Annie, you were patient. Now I can upload the filled nest!

Don't forget that there is still an unfinished nest - the eggs for the first one will be droped until Easter ... more or less irregulary. Wink

Unexpected companions I: Role Model

RedheadEmber

I found Gibra!

Also, I'd wage my sanity that today's nest gonna be Bearclaw and Greymung! Two people from different worlds who often play toss stone...

Won't be around much though...

NEXT PAGE