ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

"Shukopek" - Dwells in Two Worlds

RedheadEmber

Yes! Shuna's and Bee/Ikopek's little boy deserve a thread as well!

I don't really have much to say about him, other than I hope I'm right about the Raised in Both Worlds part, other than simply having Kimo around. Seriously, a 'Visiting grandma and grandpa' scene would just be adorable! (Especially if "Cousin Korafay" is there too!)

StarShine

Hopefully that happens!

I mean it'd be cute( hopefully he inherits Shuna's ability tO SEND!( then he really can be raised in both worlds!)

lunakat

A bushel and a Shunopeck!

Trollbabe

I felt he was due for a character thread, except that he didn't have a name. If the Shupek fits, wear it!

I wonder if Shuna ever calls her husband "Honey."

RedheadEmber

I dunno who first coined the name 'Shupek'. Maybe I should've called him 'Ikopek Jr', as he's named in the Who's Who thread... prolly gonna change the title when we get his name.

And, gee Trollbabe, where'd'ya ge' em from?

Trollbabe

Shupek is easy to say. We could call it a "fan name", like Winnie, Picky, Elfpop, or "Sky" for Skywise.
No telling whether he will be another Little Patch type ally to the Elves. Children grow to choose their own path. He could be another Shaman or Djun, for all we know.

RedheadEmber

I honestly don't think that's gonna happen. After all he'll be growing up with elf-grandparents and with an elf around.

Embala

This little one should be visible as well Smile

Embala

I honestly don't think that's gonna happen. After all he'll be growing up with elf-grandparents and with an elf around.
But exactly these things DO happen, Redhead.

Sometimes a young one opposes exactly those values (s)he was raised with, for various reasons. This can end up in the worst hostility, even more dangerous BECAUSE they know the ways of their "enemies" and have a certain understanding of them.

But no one says that little "Shupek" will end up this way. Right now he's just a baby, promising and spirited as all children. He can become everything - and we wish him the best Smile

RedheadEmber

I just felt that part of the reasons most humans hate/fear the elves is because they don't understand them, think they're evil and such.

Trollbabe

Please pardon my mistake for starting a Shukopek thread. I somehow missed this one.

Wondering why he has no siblings, though.

lunakat

That is curious, Trollbabe! Maybe Leetah and Shen Shen taught Shuna some herbology?

lunakat

lunakat said

A bushel and a Shunopeck!

We came pretty close, huh?

Shupek was darn tootin good guess!

Embala

Don't worry, Trollbabe. I really need to repair and update the Keeping in Character Listing.

Some herbology would have come handy for Shuna. Her goals are not compatible with another baby every second year in average.
I thought little Shu(ko)pek would have been a rather lonesome child. No close friends and playmates only when his parents decided to stay some weeks or months with a friendly tribe.

But then I realized that he most possibly had a great playmate and friend - an elf and wolf all in one Wink

BOTH was pretty close indeed, lunakat. I wish we would find a way to have Redhead's choice AND the final name in the title. With "Shupek" the search funktion does not work ... and he cannot be found easily.

Embala

Hey, Redhead ... think it would make sense to rename the thread. *sigh* I like the "made up" name and how close it came to the true one but it will become puzzling to readers. How about a gradual change:

"Shupek" - Raised in Both Worlds becomes Shu(ko)pek - Raised in Both Worlds

I know, it's still not the correct name for the search fuction but it would keep a bit of Scroll history.

Anyone objects? Better - pardon, other Wink ideas? What do YOU think about it, Redhead?

lunakat

How about "Shupek"..? Er, "Shukopek"-- Raised in Both Worlds! ?

lunakat

This is just a lesson for us to be more patient in creating threads.

Embala

lunakat said

How about "Shupek"..? Er, "Shukopek"-- Raised in Both Worlds! ?
Thumbs_up

ChristinaRaibert

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

One thing I really liked was how Shukopek's outfit echoed that of his father ^_^ It wasn't a carbon copy of Bee's but had the same flair, it reminded me of a bumblebee. And Shukopek is cute when he says that he doesn't want to leave a wife and children behind. I really hope to read more about this guy Smile

Embala

Couldn't help to make a direkt comparism ...

- He looks like Little Patch pretty much! Hypnotize

... more or less the first thought that struck me when I saw adult Shukopek.

Is it a real resemblance here ... or only the sad look in their eyes that fools me?

ChristinaRaibert

You're right - I see a definite resemblance between their facial structure! Hmm... couldn't one of Little Patch's descendants have founded the Hill Hopper Clan? Remember how he used to tell his (great?)grandchildren stories of wolves and Preservers... it'd be funny if on the long run it turned out that the Hill Hopper Clan's fascination with bugs originated from Preservers legends and lore! :D

Embala

Funny thought! Laugh Would be a nice twist.

RedheadEmber

Wouldn't it make more sense if it was Shuna who was a descendant of Little Patch? Since they're both from The New Land...

I'll change the title of the thread!

Except... I dunno how to!

Cleopatra

Embala said

Couldn't help to make a direkt comparism ...

- He looks like Little Patch pretty much! Hypnotize

... more or less the first thought that struck me when I saw adult Shukopek.

Is it a real resemblance here ... or only the sad look in their eyes that fools me?

WOW. They do look alike.

RedheadEmber

Please, someone! How do I change the title of the thread?

PCoquelin

Please, someone! How do I change the title of the thread?

Go to the first page, see "Thread Tools" up right?.. Click on it, then:
Edit Thread.

It took me some time, as well, to find it, at first...

..pest! Wink

RedheadEmber

Found it... but nothing seems to happen when I click the link...

Nibblet

Stab it with a fork. It won't help but you'll feel better

PCoquelin

Oooops.. I forgot to tell you to change the text of the title and to Update.

But I'm sure you figured it out by yourself..

..didn't you?

PCoquelin

Nibblet said

Stab it with a fork. It won't help but you'll feel better

Nah.. I'm sure that our favourite red-head pest will find far funnier ways to deal with it,
  if her computer still doesn't obey her..

You BET I will!..

RedheadEmber

Oooops.. I forgot to tell you to change the text of the title and to Update.

But I'm sure you figured it out by yourself..

..didn't you?

Nooo... I thought I was just gonna say kimsallabimbambum and it would update authomatically...

Anyway, guess Shukopek is starting to feel like we're hijacking his thread... only; I have nothing really to add about him.

StarShine

Where is the imagine of Shokopek getting his tribe name & and his adult version from?

Embala

It's from the brand new issue "The Final Quest Special", published October 2013.

RedheadEmber

Hmm... actually something I've been thinking a bit about:
He looks to be around 10 (+/- a few years) when he gets his name. Was he just "Hey, boy" until then?

Also, how much of the show us how our grandchild grows did Shuna and Ikopek keep? Shukopek seems fairly familiar with who Savah is, but I guess that could've been merely stuff he'd been told...

Lonetree

lunakat said

That is curious, Trollbabe! Maybe Leetah and Shen Shen taught Shuna some herbology?

I doubt if elves would know how to prevent pregnancy. It is far more likely that all her other pregnancies either miscarried, were stillborn, or if carried to term ended up dying like Chei-par. It's possible the only reason Shukopek lived and was strong and healthy is because of Leetah.

RedheadEmber

Hmm... you realize that there is another option to how Shuna and Ikopek managed to only have one child in a 20+ year long marriage...

Lonetree

Hmm... you realize that there is another option to how Shuna and Ikopek managed to only have one child in a 20+ year long marriage...

Heheh, you really think the two of them would go that route? Shuna struck me as being pretty passionate in the bedroom...

Thornbrake

HMMM, I don't think they look alike at all. Shukopek has a narrower jawline, Little Patch a thinner nose. One has blue eyes, one has brown. Little Patch's skin is paler. I DO see the amazing consistency in Wendy's art. These two images were drawn 20 years apart, yet they are unmistakably Wendy.

Embala

Thornbrake said: These two images were drawn 20 years apart, yet they are unmistakably Wendy.
THIS is unmistakably true! :)

I see the differences you point out yet there was a ressemblance that struck me. That's why I've put them together - and asked. Wendy's endearing style ...

RedheadEmber

Just a thought:
I really really hope that when he finds a mate she'll be someone who won't fear and hate the elves. Because if would just be heartbreaking if he had to leave most of his family behind.

Thornbrake

I don't think Wendy and Richard would be THAT cruel. Oh wait...yes they totally could be! ;-)

RedheadEmber

Exactly...

ChristinaRaibert

I don't think Shukopek could fall for someone strongly anti-elf. Maybe a mate who's somewhat ambivalent about them and must ultimately decide, like Snakeskin, whether s/he wants "to trust"... or hide behind fear. But it'd be his partner, in my opinion, who'd have to "come around" - his reverence and familiarity with the elves seems to strong to imagine him turning his back to them, even for love.

A pity that...

... hold hold hold, I might have just got an idea for an EQ fanfiction - and it's not even WaveDancers themed! O_O *runs off to note down plot before I forget all about it*

MrsGrizzley

*laugh* Go for it, @ChristinaRaibert fanfiction strikes at the oddest times!