ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Elmy (Maker girl!)

faeriegirl

I think she deserves her own thread!

The lovely Maker girl from the children's story A Gift of her Own.

What do y'all think of her? Smile

Embala

I think it's a lonely thread ... she does not deserve to be so lonely. actually - she made me think of me.

Easter EggQuest 2014 reserved for faeriegirl found

faeriegirl

That's exactly the effect she's had on me too Emby! LOVE Maker girly :)

RichardPini

They're out there for real...elmy\'s-necklace

Thornbrake

RichardPini said: They're out there for real...

Wow, that is awesome!

faeriegirl

Ditto that! Awesome!!!

MrsGrizzley

That is sooo many levels of awesome that I just can't even contain myself...

I want to make a button necklace now!!!

*sigh* Do I get credit if I use beads?

Heather

Love that necklace! What a beautiful rendition.

RichardPini

MrsGrizzley said: *sigh* Do I get credit if I use beads?

It's the making, not the copying, that counts. We've received, over the years, two or three "Elmy necklaces" and they're all different. And yes, all very much the same. Go for it.

MrsGrizzley

SQUEEE!!!!!! I've been "beading" for a while and it's really cool to actually make something functional with my hands.

Embala

RichardPini said: They're out there for real...

I love it when EQ items come to real life, especially when it's done by fans and with simple means. This necklace is so lovely. :)

Very pretty, Grizz! I like the turquoise one. Making something by yourself is very satisfying. There are many maker girls around - and maker boys, too.

Trollbabe

It's a shame that people don't make handcrafts as much as they once did. I can't seem to find sewing books in the bookstores anymore, that are anything more than the bare basics. Girls used to make their own dresses. As a teen, I used to carry a jackknife and a piece of wood everywhere. Now you can get in trouble for carrying knitting needles into the wrong place.