ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Khorbasi, the human child of Ember's tribe

Trollbabe

A thread for Khorbasi, the human boy raised among Elves.

Embala

The moment when Yun found the orphan ... a flashback from "Recognition" Summer Special

The winged figure he clutches is Aadirak, a mysterious "spirit" his people believe in.

Trollbabe

I lost track of what happened to Yun after that. I guess he would be Skywise's first grandson?

Embala

At some point in Wild Hunt Yun and Mender became lovemates. Looks like that relationship is close enough to maker mender really carte about Youn and her Human "cub".

[URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Etumla/media/Originals/TFQ01_Khorbasi_Yun_Mender.jpg.html][/URL]

He made Khorbasi long-living and probably healthier than a "normal" Human.

So in both tribes there will be a Human who lives much longer than it should be. I wonder how this will turn out. Would be a legitimate guess that Shuna and Khorbasi develope different at long turn ...

Easter EggQuest 2014 found

Trollbabe

We see Shuna as an old woman eventually, in SatS, but we don't know exactly when.

Embala

Khorbasi as Khulki's Shadow, a legendary guardian of Khulki's Mountain , who sares away Humans from the Holt territory in Recognition ...

One of the youngster who climbed the mountain as a challenge stated "... he (the guardian) must be old by now!" In the Recognition storyline the Elves dwelled at least 30 years at Khulki's Mountain ...

and thanks to Mender Khorbasi is still a man in his prime! Laugh

We see Shuna as an old woman eventually, in SatS, but we don't know exactly when.

She looked clearly aged in the Prologue ... but far from being the old woman we got a glimps in SatS. I wonder whether these altered Humans will age gradually but slower ... or almost stop to age for a certain time (like the Wolfriders) and then have a comparably short span of "old age" before death.

Trollbabe

Does Khorbasi ever have to deal with the sexual maturity issues that drove Little Patch back to the human village?

RedheadEmber

Something I realised about Khorbasi:

When he's doing his "Role-Call" presentation of the elves to the human children he completely naturally refers to Scouter, Tyleet, and Dewshine as Pool's parents, even though to the human children it might be somewhat odd for someone to have three parents.

Elwing

I wonder if he was born with alopecia or maybe shaves his head? As his beard and eyebrows seem just fine.
Also, did Mender borrow part of that costume from Spiderman?

Trollbabe

Maybe Moonshade designed it during her woven-thong period.