ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

3D Fan Art

Shadowfire

Hiya all! so i know i can't be the only one out there who loves making 3D EQ fan-art out of whatever is available... i've posted my projects on the EQ Fan-Art website and Facebook pages, so i thought there should be a place on the Scroll for everyone to share their 3D Fan-Art in one place. i hope you enjoy my EQ projects as much as i enjoyed making them, and i look forward to seeing everyone else's 3D Fan-Art!! :D

Dark_Serval

3D renders I can do! LOL. Actual real world projects... not so much! XD

Heather

Please post them here! I know I love your Cutter armor and New Moon! They need to be shared!

Leanan

I've posted this before, but it's been a while. Here's my Blue Mountain in ceramic bas-relief.

blue_mountain_in_bas_relief_by_imladviel-d39br8z

Shadowfire

so my first 3D EQ Fan-Art project was to make New Moon out of house-hold items. as a few small personal notes to explain my projects, i'm a stay-at-home mom who lives in the middle of the woods, the nearest town (which is VERY small) is at about a half-an-hour's drive away, and i don't drive, therefore i don't have access to a lot of stuff. i have to use what's at hand or easily attained at the local hardware or grocery stores, or possibly online if i can find it for cheap. there's no craft stores nearby, in fact i think the nearest one is over 2 hour's drive away. ANYWAY, now to the fun stuff...

one day, i decided to create cardboard swords for me and my 3-year-old daughter to play with. i started out with no intentions of making anything detailed, just a couple of pieces of recycled cardboard (from ordering EQ stuff from eBay, lol), simply cut and taped together with packing tape so we could play. i made my daughter's sword, and just before i started making a simple one for myself, i thought, "Ah, what the heck, i'll make New Moon!"

my intentions, at first, were to just make a simple, quickly thrown-together semi-resemblance of New Moon, but being somewhat of a perfectionist and a HUGE EQ nerd, i couldn't stop there... it evolved over the next 3-5 hours into a detailed cardboard replica seen in this pic, complete with removable hidden key-and-peg... but i couldn't stop there...

IMG_1954

IMG_1958

After several play-sessions with my daughter and New Moon had survived (luckily i put a small piece of wire in the blade, so that it could be easily bent back into place after battle, lol), i decided that i couldn't stand the card-board, non-metallic look and needed to find a way to cheaply make my project silver. one of my friends on Facebook suggested Aluminum Foil Tape (seriously, THIS is the stuff you want to Rule the World with, not Duct-Tape... it's designed for sealing pipes and whatnot, so it's stronger, has a better water-proof seal, and it's SHINY!!!!!), and VOILA!!! (continued in my next comment, which i will post later today...)

Heather

Nice one! I've never worked with ceramics before. It almost looks like it could be made into a piece of jewelry.

Leanan

Heather said: Nice one! I've never worked with ceramics before. It almost looks like it could be made into a piece of jewelry.

I assume this reply was for me. Thanks! The ceramic piece is about the size of a hand - bit too large for jewelry.

Leanan

@devils_lil_sis you have awesome cardboard skills! Loving the detail with the key.

Heather

Leanan said: I assume this reply was for me. Thanks! The ceramic piece is about the size of a hand - bit too large for jewelry.

I have some pretty big statement pieces, so I wouldn't be against something that size around my neck!

Heather

We had an extra shirt from welovefine.com and I decided to hack it and make it into a bag. It's a fairly easy hack and if you have the patience you can even do it without a sewing machine (however, I did use mine).
1533878_10151923231503882_1043991325_n

Embala

I remember your Blue Mountain under the dark moons, @Leanan. Like to see it again.

@devils_lil_sis Amanda? Told you that I LOVE the detail with the key! Would be great to see your armor show up here as the picture gallery is anot available for the moment.

Definitely a unique bag, @Heather.

Leanan

Embala said: I remember your Blue Mountain under the dark moons, @Leanan. Like to see it again.

Thanks. The moons are actually holes in the clay, so they're whatever color the background is.

Heather

@Embala Thank you. I love unique.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Dark_Serval

Cute!

I for one welcome my fluttering overlords. Moths are messengers!

Heather

@Nibblet That is fantastic! Love her! What a great idea and excellent work.

Embala

@Nibblet Moonshade will be an excellent guardian for your clothes, Nibblet. You are lucky thart moths are not attracted by cuteness and awesomeness! ;) I love the careful design of the dress, the light effect in the eyes and the stitched ears. :D

Thornbrake

Ok, that is AWESOME @Nibblet!

Nibblet

Thornbrake

Love the Joyleaf one too!

Embala

Awwww... Joyleaf is adorable!

Nibblet

MrsGrizzley

Oh wow!!!

So cool!!!! I love the sachets!!! They're freakin' BRILLIANT!!!! Excellent job, @Nibblet

Leanan

Nibblet, your felt crafts are the cutest! <3

Nibblet

Embala

LOL - You are GREAT, Nibblet ... as is your Misschief! ^^

Ember looks fab in her most recent duds. Awesome dialogue :D

Heather

Each one of these is so fantastic and filled with great personality. Great work!

Thornbrake

Ok, Ember is my favorite so far.  Awesome work @Nibblet!

Nibblet

Rob

These are all incredible, everyone. I think we'll have to get a gallery posted on the Elfquest.com homepage

MrsGrizzley

@Nibblet These are absolutely brilliant!!!  I love the Ember!  I love the story you've got with them!  So adorable!!!!!!!

Heather

@Rob I totally agree!

RedheadEmber

You know @Nibblet, those are awesome!
But your Mischief joke was lame

Nibblet

Shhh, Red. :P

Tavie

When I was 15 years old my family took a cross-country train trip and made a stop in San Antonio, where I met one of my online holtmates IRL, as it were. Spent a day with her and for some reason we found ourself in K-Mart or Target or something like that, and buying white sneakers and fabric paint.

We went back to her house and she painted a pair of plain, white canvas sneakers with the WARP logo in vibrant yellow moon and blue wolf.

I wore those sneakers OUT and I sincerely regret not getting a PICTURE of them at the time. (These were way, way before the days of iPhones and Instagram.)

Sigh. Le regret.

Shadowfire

(sorry it took me a few days to post these pics, folks... i've been busy busy, lol... this is going to be a long post, this is your fair warning!! LOL)

HERE'S SHINY NEW MOON!!!

IMG_2039 - Copy (800x232)
and of COURSE, i had to make the sheath for it too, so here's the finished project all together!
IMG_2067 (800x306)
once finished, the materials i used were recycled cardboard, packing tape, aluminum-foil tape, several cleaned chocolate wrappers to start the pommel's ball-shape (lol), a couple of short pieces of crafting wire (to help hold the key straight and so that i could easily straighten the top of the blade after battles with my daughter, lol) and for the sheath's coloring i used a blue Sharpie marker with clear top-coat nail polish on top to seal it and make the blue sections shine. as i said, i had to use objects i could find around my house, and the only thing i had to buy was the aluminum-foil tape, found at the local hardware store!

here's my attempt at editing both a finger and my wrist-watch out of an image using the only pic-editing program i had at the time: good ol' Microsoft Paint, LOL!!
4 fingers New Moon no watch2

ok, so my next project was the Wolfrider helmet from the Battle for the Palace of the High Ones, here's my daughter modeling the first rough draft of the base (which i ended up not using this one and i re-made it, lol). she was growling and howling while she had it on! that's my girl!
IMG_2453 (800x607)
here's me, wearing the almost-finished cardboard base for the helmet...
IMG_2459 (800x800)
Here's the finished project with the aluminum foil tape! the total materials i used for this project were cleaned recycled cardboard (from pizza boxes, LOL), packing tape, aluminum foil tape, and a black Sharpie for the details.
IMG_2479 (small)
and one more shot of it shining in the sunlight...
IMG_2476 (small)

OK ONE more quick project (for now, lol) and then i'll end this long post (sorry 'bout that!); my ElfQuest earcuffs, made from copper craft wire! i made these for my Moonshade cosplay last year, therefore these were also practice runs for my Moonshade-styled hair, lol.
Image97 (428x386)Image98 (428x402)
Image99 (428x399)Image100 (428x411)

i already have plans to start on my next cardboard project, which will be a Wolfrider shield to go with my helmet! after that, my plans are to hopefully create a Go-Back set to match! ;) ah, the Mis-adventures in Boredom of a Stay-At-Home Mom who's a HUGE ElfQuest fan! ;)

Heather

I am still blown away but how you made all this. The amount of skill and creativity is amazing and you've got a little one at home (who is also a cute helper!).

Rob

Excellent work! 

Thornbrake

Stupendous!

Embala

@devils_lil_sis Wish I'd find the words again I've commented on your picture gallery in the former site, Amanda. You did a terrific job with those!

Tavie

@devils_lil_sis These are amazing and inspiring pieces. You're incredible! Wow. This kind of creativity and skill blows me away...

faeriegirl

I love them all!!!

Leanan

Your talents with cardboard are awe-inspiring! And those ear-thingies look great!

Mkal

3D animated model that I created for a short film.

Screen shot 2014-03-17 at 1.47.39 AM

Mkal

Screen shot 2014-03-17 at 1.48.02 AM

Mkal

Screen shot 2014-03-17 at 1.48.42 AM

MrsGrizzley

SQUEE!! Another Preserver!! I love it!!!!

*laugh* Yes, I'm as big into Preservers as @ChristinaRaibert is into Wavedancers.

Embala

Oooohhh... O.O ... he's like a Persever/Elf hybrid - Rosie's "stepbrother". ;) Looks fab! I love the sceptical glance on the last shot.

Leanan

That is fantastic, @Mkal!

zurcdurka

CIMG0349

zurcdurka

CIMG0346

Sorry the pics are bad , I don't have a good camera any more.

Embala

Kahvi! *claps* This doll is awesome, @zurcdurka. Is it made from felt?

zurcdurka

Thank you , it's made of cotton fabric, fun fur and polyester stuffing

Embala

She's fab!

Heather

@Zurcdurka Fantastic work. Amazing detail as well. How long did she take?

Thornbrake

Oh wow. I want one!

zurcdurka

Thanks guys! I think it took about two weeks, few hours each day. I think I'm going to make Skywise next.

Embala

zurcdurka said: I think I'm going to make Skywise next.
YAY, there will be more! :D

Heather

zurcdurka said: Thanks guys! I think it took about two weeks, few hours each day. I think I'm going to make Skywise next.

You are a fast worker! Especially will all that detail. I've only made a few dolls in the past and it took me ages and didn't look half as good. I am much better with plain old cross stitch.

I can't wait to see Skywise! My favorite elf!

zurcdurka

Skywise!

CIMG0360
CIMG0362
CIMG0361

Embala

YAY Skywise! He's fab - complete with headthingie and loadestone :) Great hair!

Heather

Love the Skywise! The blue is a perfect match as well.

zurcdurka

Thank you ! He was a little hard to make but very cheap, the blue and grey were left over from something else and the skin is white fabric dyed with tea. I only had to buy a half roll of yarn for the hair. Spent less then $2 on this project.

Thornbrake

Love Skywise!

Heather

zurcdurka said: He was a little hard to make but very cheap, the blue and grey were left over from something else and the skin is white fabric dyed with tea. I only had to buy a half roll of yarn for the hair. Spent less then $2 on this project.

Usually when I have dyed with tea it ends up so much darker. Did you use a white tea or just leave it in a shorter amount of time?

That is a great price for this project (or any really!). I wouldn't have guessed that at all. Makes me love it even more! It's awesome when you can make something so awesome and have it be so affordable.

zurcdurka

I dipped it in a brown tea really quick , hung it up to dry. Then a red tea to give it a pinker tone and then ran under water before letting it dry again.

Heather

Cheers for the dyeing info. I would never have thought to do it that way.

Leanan

Both of those dolls are awesome! <3

zurcdurka

IMG_20150211_121218_534
IMG_20150211_120045_783
IMG_20150211_120512_237
IMG_20150211_120700_703

Embala

WOW :-O

He's fabulous, zurcdurka! B-) I absolutely love the hood with the throttle. The fur vest fits perfectly. *claps*
You know what I miss? His neckring! You need to get some golden ring in fitting size for him.
Great attention for details. The golden seam for hood and shirt, theon the pants and boot straps. I totally like that you've only hinted his "fashion statement" by using a stylized piece of fabric instead of a real peacock feather. It goes so well with the style of the doll.

Admirable :) work.

zurcdurka

Thank you Embala! I am having a hard time finding a ring the right size, might have to try thin wire twisted together or something like that.

Embala

I should have known you've planned to give him a proper neckring! Good hunt. ^^

marinayurk

!Dewshine Good For You! Cool dolls ! Originally , in his own style ! On the face of all eyes ... And these big ears ... One overlooked for greater expressiveness another (?) ;;)

zurcdurka

Thank you Marina! I'm having a lot of fun making them. They have only eyes for afew reasons, mostly l'm just not sure how to finish the faces, but I kind of like them like this. I just got what I needed for a leetah. She is going to be a challenge.

Tamarien ChangeStone

Oh ya ! I like the eyes also. It gives the plushie a wolf en stare that is just a "perfect Fit" for these cuties.