ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

The Bone-Woman

Heather

Screen Shot 2014-03-09 at 5.18.19 PM
"there are no small parts, only small actors" This is so very true of the Bone-Woman. While she is but a blip in the world of Elfquest, her actions heavily affected the quest. If she had not influenced Olbar to cast out Nonna and Adar, Cutter may have died. And also, Cutter and Skywise may never have found out about the Hoan-G’Tay-Sho and headed toward Blue Mountain.
I always got a kick out of her and wondered what Olbar did to her when he returned. If she even stuck around long enough to find out!

Embala

She seemed to be good at plotting. When she was allowed to stay with the tribe, deprived of her powers and status she would have found willing wannabe-chiefs to whisper to. Not to mention her herbal knowledge. She would have been a threat for Olbar and Nonna, his new symbol maker.

I think her best chance was to be banned like Nonna before. Or - she ran as fast and far as she could like you imply, Heather.

Heather

That's what I am thinking happened, as when Cutter returned there, Nonna and Adar were still happily living in the village. I can't imagine Olbar was to happy with her bringing the Thief in on it as well.
Of course, the vision I have of her running as fast as possible out of the village makes me giggle.

Nibblet

[offtopic] If I were to ever cosplay, this would totally be it. Boobs. [/offtopic]

Embala

... and her rattle XD

Nibblet

Looks like me shouting at the neighbour
"IF I CATCH YOUR CAT SH*TTING IN MY GARDEN ONE MORE TIME, I'LL TURN IT INTO A SLIPPER"

My cat can poop in a box, so should hers XD

Heather

Ha! Ha! That's a hilarious thought!

Thornbrake

@Nibblet I'm literally LOLing!

Yeah, for a character that only ever appears in one issue, what a character the Bone Woman is! I too think she probably met a bad end, either at Olbar's hands or at the fangs of some predator she encountered after being banished into the forest.

Heather

Thornbrake said: some predator she encountered after being banished into the forest.

He would have gotten some serious ingestion after eating her!

Tavie

Nibblet said: [offtopic] If I were to ever cosplay, this would totally be it. Boobs. [/offtopic]

I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS. If I was ever gonna cosplay anyone, the Bone Woman is it.

Heather

Tavie said: I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS. If I was ever gonna cosplay anyone, the Bone Woman is it.

If @Thornbrake does Olbar, I'm holding you to this!

Thornbrake

omg I'm SO on the hook for this, aren't I. @Tavie, you need to come to San Diego Comic Con!

Tavie

@Thornbrake oh puckernuts oh puckernuts oh puckernuts

I think I just agreed to go walking around in the equivalent of a bone-bikini.

Hahahahahaha! Nooooo!

Thornbrake

@Tavie yes, yes you did. ;-)

RedheadEmber

@Tavie: I'm expecting pictures!

Heather

Tavie said:
I think I just agreed to go walking around in the equivalent of a bone-bikini.

Yes, yes you did! ;)

Trollbabe

I think she would have a gentler disposition if she didn't have to wear such a painful brassiere.