ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

The Official ElfQuest Adventure Games

LaymanK

ElfQuest Game image1

For all of you not on Facebook we will now be posting updates on the game's progress here in the forums as well as on our website (http://www.cheekydingo.com) and on Facebook.

We got the new and improved version of the rules uploaded to our website

The biggest change, other than the revamped layout of all the character, hand and scenario cards is the addition of GROWTH tokens. Completing events and scenarios can earn you growth tokens to then spend on "upgrading" the characters.

We just ordered two prototype copies which should be here by mid-March and we'll get cracking on more play testing. In the meantime, we'll put the final details together for the Kickstarter campaign so you guys can finally get to pre-ordering your own copies. WOOT!

Heather

I am so excited to see this come out. Definitely will be behind this Kickstarter campaign! And if you need any help alpha/beta testing, I don't mind at all ;)

Thornbrake

AWESOME!!!!!

MrsGrizzley

Oh wow... sounds VERY interesting!!!

Rob

I've been looking forward to this for a while -- the older EQ RPG was quite complicated and hard to get into, whereas the board game (while fun!) was simplified to the point where EQ felt like more of a brand tie-in. Anyone who follows the updates here will get to see how much care and attention has gone into getting the feel and characters right.

LaymanK

The latest prototypes are on their way to us, so there will be more play-testing reports coming.

We are waiting on one more manufacturing quote which means that very soon the pre-ordering of the game will be available through our KickStarter campaign.

Stay tuned!!!

Thornbrake

Can't wait!

Heather

I am getting so excited for this! Thanks for the updates!

Sofia

Ooh, this is very interesting! Definitely checking out the Kickstarter :)

LaymanK

You all also have the chance to help choose three of the Wolfriders to appear as playable characters in the starter set. There will be seven of them. Cutter, Skywise, Nightfall and Redlance are already set but you get to decide the other three.

Vote here: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52e93c61e4b0353e5c7d4217

All the other Wolfriders will come in the first expansion set, so don't worry if your favorites don't make the cut, they'll be coming soon.

LaymanK

So, we are using a couple of the covers from the Marvel editions of the EQ comics. Issue #1 will be used for the box top and issue #2 for the cover of the rules book. Since Wendy never colored them (they were done by someone at Marvel, I presume) we have to get the original art colored for our own purposes.

Luckily, the AMAZING Rene Luke is available. She says she wasn't much of a fan of the flat colors Marvel used so she's coloring these pieces with all the glory of contemporary digitalization and her singular talent.

You can see it on our website: http://cheekydingo.com

Heather

They are looking amazing. Each time I see an update, I get so excited!

RichardPini

Needless to say, I'm very much looking forward to this as well. Of all the game proposals that have crossed my desk over the years, this is the only one I've felt comfortable getting behind - not because there's anything wrong with RPGs or board games, but often because we're just not into gaming. This take, however, adds a social component that I've wanted to see in an EQ game literally for years.

LaymanK

The Kickstarter Campaign for production of the ELfQuest Adventure Card Game will be launching tomorrow - Sunday, July 13th!!

LaymanK

The birthing process has begun!! You can now pre-order/pledge your support to the game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1463759803/official-elfquest-adventure-card-game

Thornbrake

LaymanK said: The birthing process has begun!! You can now pre-order/pledge your support to the game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1463759803/official-elfquest-adventure-card-game

I made my pledge last night and tweeted about it. I hope lots of others do as well!

Tam

It's officially funded. :D

LaymanK

Wow!! Just....wow.

In less than 29 hours (of the 30 DAY campaign), the Elfquest Adventure Game´╗┐ got it's base level fully funded!!!!

I suspected that my fellow ElfQuest fans were special people and they have gone and proven it.

Feeling a smidge humbled and honored and wanting to howl (but I'm in a public place and ought to refrain).

Shadowfire

AYOOOOOOAH!!! :) So proud to be able to give back to EQ a little by helping bring this game to production! i will gladly be increasing my pledge to the $100 once i get more spending money, but for now i was more than excited to pledge $30! i can't wait to play this game, and even my husband (who isn't an EQ fan but has read the Original Quest and liked it) said that he's excited and can't wait to play this game! let us know if you need any play testers or feedback, i'm sure we'd love to help out even more!! keep us updated, @LaymanK, and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! THANK YOU for putting the effort and love into creating something that i hope the fans are going to LOVE!!

PS: as i've said on Facebook, i'm hoping Dark Horse sees how well this went and decides to bring us more EQ goodies!!! ;)

RichardPini

Tam said: It's officially funded.

The first level, that is. There's more to go which will get the game far wider distribution. (Imagine ten times as many people playing - and then discovering Elfquest the comics and the Forums here and... and...!)

Tam

Well certainly! But they're past the first benchmark, which means they get money either way :) I think we can at least hit the second level, which is only about $7,000 away! I'm looking forward to perhaps organizing Skype games over the Scroll!

RichardPini

Apparently the EQ Adveture Game campaign is making a loud enough howl to be noticed in "the lands beyond beyond." We're very proud! Check it out right here.

Thornbrake

I am SOOOO excited by all of this.

Thornbrake

Oh and there are now some AWESOME badges that folks can use to help promote the game. Below is one. Download them all here.

Cutter Kickstarter Badge

RichardPini

They've just reached Level 2 in the campaign! Which means a larger print run and more availability. Now, if we can all take it that last 1/3 in the next 20 days, then the game will actually get distribution into gaming shops here and overseas! It'll be a quantum jump in visibility. You can do it! Check the entire program right here!

LaymanK

Wendy & Richard, in their desire to contribute something with a personal touch to the Kickstarter efforts, will be issuing a limited print run of AUTOGRAPHED art cards featuring the newly-colored pieces (colored by Rene Luke) for the game box and the rule book. The back of each card will have a printed message from the Pinis and each card will be numbered. These pledge levels DO NOT include a copy of the game or any other reward, just ONE copy of the Cover #1 or Cover #2 (or both at the $95 level) signed art cards.

If you have already pledged at another level and would like to add one of these rewards you will need to log into your Kickstarter account and add to your current pledge (either the $50, $51 or $95). Do Not change your reward level or anything else!! You will then need to send us a private message either through Kickstarter or to our email (info@cheekydingo.com) alerting us to your change and we will manually change the number of remaining rewards at this level.

RichardPini

Adding a personal two cents here:

Fifteen days, and just under $10,000 to go to realize the 3rd and final goal in the Elfquest Adventure Game Kickstarter campaign. If you haven't yet taken a look (and pledged), now's the time. If you've already pledged, but it was more than a few days ago, be a Go-Back and go back! Because a new incentive has been added - a limited number of signature cards signed by us for this fundraiser only. And - being pragmatic here - this may be your only chance for a long while to get signatures, because we are off the convention trail after New York Comic-Con in October. (Between "Final Quest" and Wendy's work on the "Masque" musical, there's just no time.) Just sayin'...

Tam

There's only five days left, and we're 94% of the way to the final goal of $33,000! That would get this game widely distributed, stocked in comic book stores, prints and reprints...wouldn't that be great? :D Another incentive was also introduced: a Print-and-Play option for $15, which can be printed from your computer in black and white, and it's the same price wherever you are, so if you're international, no worries about a shipping price hike.

Also, if this game hits the final goal, everyone who's getting a copy of the game will get ANOTHER character to play with. The game will come with: Cutter, Skywise, Nightfall, Redlance, and three other characters dependent on votes from the poll @LaymanK linked earlier.

Now, don't quote me on this, but as I understand it, if you get the game through this Kickstarter now, you get an exclusive character card, meaning it probably won't come out in expansions. If we hit the final goal...we get ANOTHER one. That's an extra two character cards we get before anyone else. How rad is that?

We're just under $2,000 away from that goal. We've got five days. We can totally do this. If you have any friends who have been hemming and hawing over pledging, now's the time to push. If you can throw in another $5, do it. If you can share the kickstarter, share! We're so close!

RichardPini

What @Tam said, in spades. Or even steamshovels!

RichardPini

Less than $1400 to go - the momentum is high, and so are our spirits! Join Bearclaw and roll those dice to troll-whumping, dreamberry-gulping victory!
https://kickstarter.com/projects/1463759803/official-elfquest-adventure-card-game

oq04-9

Tavie

One thing, I did have to "unsubscribe" from the e-mail updates I was getting from the Kickstarter page - there were WAY too many.

I get that we should spread the word, but I already contributed as much as I could afford to contribute, so repeated emails begging for money just start to wear on a person.

Shadowfire

that's weird, Tavie! the only emails i got were the updates! :/ LESS THAN $600 needed now!!! AYOOOOOAH!!! :D

Tavie

They may have just been updates but i felt like I was getting them way too frequently. Too many updates. I had to unsubscribe.

I am excited to see how close the project is to getting funded! I just don't need all those emails about it in my personal inbox!

Thornbrake

@Tavie The amount of updates is about what I've gotten from the other Kickstarter projects I've supported. I don't know what the standard is, but I guess that's why there's an unsubscribe option. :x

Tam

FUNDED!! At $33,123, we've hit the final goal, which includes WORLDWIDE distribution!

However! I really encourage anyone who wants the game to buy it NOW. The minimum to get the game is $15...that gets you the Print-and-Play black and white version, plus the Kickstarter exclusive card (base plus two growth versions, which won't be reprinted, ever!), and another mystery character card (dunno if it's exclusive, but we get it first!). You have four days, so dig through those couch cushions!

If you're feeling really adventurous, you can pledge $101 to get two art cards signed by Elfmom and Elfpop, plus a hard copy of the game, plus all that other stuff I listed.

Congratulations to @LaymanK, and congratulations to everyone who pledged! Can't wait to get my hands on this! :D

Shadowfire

AYOOOOOOAHHHH!!! awesome job everyone!! i'm so excited about this, i can't wait to get my box of goodies!! :D :) ;) ;;) :@) :bz ~O)

travelbug

Good job everyone :D :D ~O)

RichardPini

Where are our manners? Thanks to everyone who's pledged so far, the Elfquest Adventure Game has reached all three of the goals set in its Kickstarter campaign. For helping us (and Cheeky Dingo) achieve this, our deeply felt, heart-full thanks.

And yet, there are still four days left to the campaign. There's still time to pledge, to raise the bar even higher, and to score some very cool incentive goodies that won't be available after the drive ends. We don't want to thank only those who've pledged so far - we want to include everyone. So... please stand by. Come Tuesday morning (eastern US) time, when the other shoe drops, we'll gather everyone for the biggest cyber-group hug Elfquest has ever seen!

valentine-wolf A

Thornbrake

SO exciting!!!

Shadowfire

i will continue to post my updates on the Facebook pages all the way through to the end!! i hope i've helped!! ;;)

LaymanK

Shadowfire - you have most certainly helped. Thank you for all your passion and your support. We couldn't do this without the help of the marvelous EQ community.

Heather

@shadowfire-I second @laymanK. You have been so awesome and passionate in your support of this game. Thank you so much!

LaymanK

By all the holy gobbledygook of Gotara! Pledges are still rolling in!

If we can reach a $40,000 level of funding in these last three days, we will add in all 9 Hand Cards for both of the mystery characters for everyone at the $15 pledge level or higher. That's a total of 18 skill, item, demeanor and ally cards that accompany the characters and make them uniquely playable.

And trust us, when you find out who the two characters are (who will not appear as playable characters in any of the planned expansion sets), you will want these cards!!

hand-card-stretch

RichardPini

We sure can't fault Cheeky Dingo Games on their ambition! More power! ;)

Embala

My congratulations to EQ, the guys in charge of Cheeky Dingo Games and all the kickstart supporters!

Tam

The Kickstarter's got an update! Some new information about task cards has been posted, along with a little history about the development of the game. :)

We're only $1,934 away from the final goal of $40,000, which unlocks the nine hand cards for each of the two KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE cards that won't get reprinted, ever. Donate $15 or more and you could be playing the print-and-play version of this game in a few short weeks. Donate $30 or more, and you get a hard copy of the game next year as well.

We're SO CLOSE. Only 61 hours to go! People are still only just now discovering this campaign, so if you have gamer friends you haven't shared this with, tell them!

RichardPini

We are gobsmacked at your (over 800 of you so far) enthusiasm and generosity. With yet another 36 hours to go, you've taken the Elfquest Adventure Game Kickstarter campaign past its extra, 4th goal! If you're only now hearing of this for the first time, you can still get in on all the extra goodies that Cheeky Dingo Games added as incentives. But for right now, we simply want to thank you all, each and every one, for helping make this dream happen.

Cutter laugh

RichardPini

And then it was done. Our delighted thanks to each and every one who helped us and Cheeky Dingo not only meet, but wildly exceed the goal(s) for the Elfquest Adventure Game Kickstarter. Gather the tribes and play on!

Firefox001

Tavie

Congratulations, all! Can't wait to get my copy.

LaymanK

A sincere and heartfelt "THANK YOU" seems wholly inadequate, but there you have it. You all have made this an amazing journey and now we can follow-through on our hard work and actually get the game into your eager hands!

We will keep you all posted here, on the Cheeky Dingo website, and through the Kickstarter page as things progress with manufacturing and all that.

Ayyooooaaaahh!
HappyNewYear2012 copy

Embala

Congratulations!

:bz I love to see my collage used well for this cheerful occasion. :bz

RichardPini

From the Elfquest Adventure Game page on Facebook:

"The ElfQuest Games have arrived on US shores. They are being held up by random customs inspection but will then be winging their way to the import station and then to us and our distributor.

We have no specific information as to how long this will take, but a week or two is probably realistic."