ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Final Quest #2 preview

Warp Graphics

Final Quest #2 preview
Final Quest #2 preview

http://www.elfquest.com/final-quest-2-preview/

Dark Horse posted a gripping preview of issue 2 of Elfquest: The Final Quest, which is out next week

Rob

I got a bad feeling about this drop.

Thornbrake

WOOOOOOOW!!!!!

Thornbrake

..but I love how Krim is totally smiling even though she's getting slashed with a sword. Lehrigen clearly does NOT have a Go-Back's berserker-battle-euphoria!

Heather

I am almost hyperventilating! Some of what I figured was going to happen is happening. Gah! I am loving the preview but now am even more hungry for 26th! 10 DAYS!

Heather

Thornbrake said: but I love how Krim is totally smiling even though she's getting slashed with a sword. Lehrigen clearly does NOT have a Go-Back's berserker-battle-euphoria!

Very few do! Gotta love it!

MrsGrizzley

*whimper*

You and me both, @Rob

You and me both.

Thornbrake

Also I LOVE how whenever there's a new post by on the main page of elfquest.com that it posts a thread here. GENIUS thinking @Rob and @RichardPini!

Tavie

Ohhhh! This is terrible reading for winding-down-from-the-day! My pulse is racing! Oh, Krim! It's a Go-Back's dream to go out this way- the fierce joy on her face as she sends her goodbye-- but I am only human! I want to cry! (And yes, I know we haven't seen the end of her quite yet... But she's rushing toward it...)

Heather

I second that @Thornbrake!

Heather

Tavie said: Ohhhh! This is terrible reading for winding-down-from-the-day! My pulse is racing! Oh, Krim! It's a Go-Back's dream to go out this way- the fierce joy on her face as she sends her goodbye-- but I am only human! I want to cry! (And yes, I know we haven't seen the end of her quite yet... But she's rushing toward it...)

Do we trust Richard at this point? ;) I don't know about that Tavie!

Thornbrake

Heather said: Do we trust Richard at this point?

Do we need to even respond to this? ;-)

Heather

@Thornbrake ;) no words needed!

Rob

Also, I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Krim is not only both hot and badass, but to scale.

Mkal

I will not even begin to draw any conclusion...

Tam

Right in the feels, yo. *dead* I mean, the Krim dying in battle theory has been popular, but nothing could prepare me for that hug between Pike and Sust.

And then I remembered that Krim will be mate #3 to die like this. First Vaya, then Skot, then Krim. It's enough to make an elf swear off Go-Backs forever!

Tavie

Oh, I am in NO WAY saying that I think she's NOT about to die. Just trying to head off another Richard innocent-eyelash-batting-"who-says-she's-a-spirit" type misdirection. ;)

Tavie

Now... If we lose PIKE in this issue I will freaking lose my mind. At least Krim is ready for it.

Tam

OMG me too. I read through it a second time and then it hit me, how he said that Sust might be the last of their family, and I was like PIKE YOU STAY RIGHT THERE IN THE TREES GODDAMN IT ;_;

Thornbrake

Tam said: OMG me too. I read through it a second time and then it hit me, how he said that Sust might be the last of their family, and I was like PIKE YOU STAY RIGHT THERE IN THE TREES GODDAMN IT ;_;

Ok you guys are giving me heart palpitations!

Tam

TEN MORE DAYS.

faeriegirl

Right in the feelz indeed.... *whimper* OMG Pike better stay in those trees!!!

RedheadEmber

Please, please don't make Sust the only one left of the family!
Krim dying I think I could live with, I'd be sad, yeah, but she's a Go-Back. This is the way she wants to go out, and she'd be with Skot in the Palace.
But Pike? Cheerful, happy-go-lucky, dreamberry eating Pike?
No! I just couldn't.

Heather

Tavie said: Now... If we lose PIKE in this issue I will freaking lose my mind. At least Krim is ready for it.

@Rob and I were discussing just that thing as well. It could be a possibility. No one is safe.

Tam said:
And then I remembered that Krim will be mate #3 to die like this. First Vaya, then Skot, then Krim. It's enough to make an elf swear off Go-Backs forever!

Or Pike ;)

ChristinaRaibert

Ohhh my... this won't end well...
I want to read the rest! Can't wait for the 26th!

Thornbrake

Totally. We knew Krim was going to dive into battle, but what scares me most about this teaser is what we DON'T see. The Wolfriders now have another rust-haired, light-hearted goof in the form of Freetouch. Maybe it's Pike's time to pass the torch?

RedheadEmber

I'm afraid you're right @Thornbrake.

Heather

Maybe it will be both of them? It looks like I will need tissue for sure next Wednesday.

Tavie

RedheadEmber said: Please, please don't make Sust the only one left of the family!

I KNOW! We don't even KNOW that guy!!!!

Tavie

Pike is the Hurley of the group and everyone knows that even when everyone else is "moving on" that YOU DON'T KILL OFF THE HURLEY.

You don't. Kill off. The. Hurley.

RedheadEmber

Is not so much that @Tavie, as the fact that he'll be the only one left of his family!

Tavie

RedheadEmber said: he'll be the only one left of his family!

Yeah, that's worse. But also... I don't KNOW that guy. I'm sure he's awesome. But. I am very attached to Pike.

Saying goodbye is hard. :(

wildfire

WAIT IT CAN'T CUT THERE??? That's seriously no fair

Thornbrake

lol @wildfire only 9 more days!

krwordgazer

Terribly exciting preview! I can hardly stand to think about what might happen next!

Rae_treeshaper

Wow cant wait... very exciting!...

RedheadEmber

Thornbrake said: lol @wildfire only 9 more days!

9 days is a very long time!

RedheadEmber

Okay, I have a slightly less serious question:

Pike asks Sust to obey him this once. Does that mean Sust didn't usually do as Pike told him?

Heather

RedheadEmber said: Pike asks Sust to obey him this once. Does that mean Sust didn't usually do as Pike told him?

I would think that Sust would have a rebellious streak.

lunakat

Yes- that's no doubt what it meant. Say- speaking of Sust... take a good look at his profile. He's got silver hair, and check out the upper half of his face. Doesn't he look like Skywise? I always had a theory that Shale was Rain's first son- maybe Clearbrook's daughter was the mother? Sust looks just like Skywise's from the nose up smashed on top of Krim from the nose down.

RedheadEmber

But isn't it supposed to be that Rain's only children are Rainsong and Pike?

I'm sure Sust listens to Krim a lot!
When she tells him it's okay to attack the humans...

Freethinker

I would be interested in seeing Sust get some facetime. I don't know much about him really.

I do think if someone will be killed off it may not be Krim. It would have more impact to kill off a major character than someone who already sort of has a death wish.

Although, I'm not really sure why Krim wants to die so badly. She has a mate, a kid and a good life.

I guess I like the less vengeful more peaceful type elves.

Heather

Freethinker said: Although, I'm not really sure why Krim wants to die so badly. She has a mate, a kid and a good life.

It's the Go-Back Way. They take pride dying in battle. And as we saw from the dream she and Skot both had, she has achieved what she wanted. And since it's been a good life, she would like a good death. We'll just have to wait to see what happens now.

Thornbrake

Yeah, in a way, the Go-Backs have kind of the most healthy attitude of all. They live life to the fullest, in the now, and aren't afraid to transition from their bodies to their spirit form.

Heather

Thornbrake said: Yeah, in a way, the Go-Backs have kind of the most healthy attitude of all. They live life to the fullest, in the now, and aren't afraid to transition from their bodies to their spirit form.

Exactly. Pike even said to Cutter that the Go-Backs live more in the Now than even the Wolfriders.

stargazer

always had a theory that Shale was Rain's first son

Curious - what makes you think that? I've seen that theory before, but not the 'why' of it.

lunakat

First of all, it was never (to my knowledge) stated that Rain's only children were Rainsong and Pike. All we know for certain is that Pike was born outside of recognition. Rainsong was born to two recognized parents. We know that the mother is dead.

When Shale is killed, in both the "Hidden Years" story and the "Wolfrider" depiction, Rain is shown holding his body and crying. One could argue that Rain is especially sensitive because he's the healer, but we never see him doing that with any other dead Wolfriders.

Wendy tends to draw elves that are related as similar looking. Among the Wolfriders, the only elves with big round cheeks are Pike, Rainsong, Skywise and Clearbrook. The rest have angled cheeks. Pike, Shale and Skywise all have/had poofy hair- like Rain. Again- they are the only ones. And lastly, Rain has slanted eyes and a downturned nose... again, like Skywise and Shale. They just plain look related.

Now look at Sust. He has silver hair (where did that come from?) and his upper face looks just Skywise or Shale (basically Skywise Senior). Krim doesn't have white hair- she has blond hair. I think Wendy colored Sust that way, in part so that it wouldn't be obvious whether he was Skot or Pike's kid.. but also because, being the creator, she does have an idea for who the father is- and she has worked out the backstory. I think it does make a lot of sense for Clearbrook's daughter to be Rain's dead lifemate because- a. we know she's dead and b. silver hair.

Tam

The coloring is a bit weird in FQ, to be fair. Krim had blonde hair before. Now it's quite blue.

Thornbrake

Krim has the same color hair as Cutter. It has a bluish tinge because it's nighttime.

Tam

I would still expect it to be more blonde in the picture linked on the front page.

I'm just saying, Sust's hair might look a little different in daylight. ;) I can't recall ever seeing him in color before now.

tarnusha

hi it is tausha millspaugh , I know wendi and Richard pini very well for most of my life cuz elfquest is my world that touched me and I really love to have new ones that you just done and it will be out so please let me know here my email Famousorangegirl@yahoo.com please !!! I have a lot a lot of elfuest comics from first ones to end >THE ELFQUEST IS MY LIFE SINCE I WAS 9 YRS OLD TILL NOW AS IM ALMOST 34 YRS OLD THIS AUGUST AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM WENDI AND RICHARD PINI! LOVE YA ALL WOLFRIDERS !!! FAREWELL AND SWEET WATER!

tarnusha

my elfquest name is tarnusha

tarnusha

my favorite wolfrider is chief cutter

Rob

Hi @tarnusha, and welcome!

Heather

@tarnusha Welcome! Skywise is my favorite!