ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Tell Dark Horse What EQ Products You Want

Thornbrake

We all know Dark Horse Comics is publishing The Final Quest, as well as at least two, huge, black & white graphic novel compilations of the EQ back catalog, called The Complete Elfquest. Lots of folks have been asking if there will be color graphic novels, if the back catalog will be offered digitally, if there will be statues, action figures, etc.

Well, you can let Dark Horse know exactly what you want to buy. And the more of us that do, the more likely we'll get the Elfquest products we want.

So, here are all the different ways that you can contact Dark Horse to tell them what you'd like:

Contact Dark Horse on their website here

Send Dark Horse a tweet here.

Contact Dark Horse via Facebook here.

Contact Dark Horse via Google+ here.

Email Dark Horse specifically about Elfquest at elfquest@darkhorse.com.

WhitewolfStormrunner

I'd love to see some new action figures, maybe some figurines (statuettes; or whatever they're called), posters, prints; etc.

I'd also like to see t-shirts, but I don't know if Dark Horse does those.

Thornbrake

@WhitewolfStormrunner, be sure to use the links I posted above to tell Dark Horse directly, because they're not reading this forum.

As for t-shirts, you can get them from either We Love Fine or from Cafe Press. There are lots of designs available.

Dawnshade

We Love Fine already has some cute apparel. I just want posters, huge ones. I'm an art hoarder.

Heather

I sent my requests already and plan on contacting Dark Horse more than once.
I also requested a lunch box. Seriously, their one for Avatar is great and I have always wanted one.

Thornbrake

I run the risk of getting Dark Horse to ban me at this point, but I will keep sending them messages about Elfquest.

Heather

Thornbrake said: I run the risk of getting Dark Horse to ban me at this point, but I will keep sending them messages about Elfquest.

I know the feeling! I might be getting a cease and desist letter any day now!

Shadowfire

DONE! i just posted on their Facebook page and sent the page a message! i will seriously jump for joy if/when i hear about some new EQ merchandise!! and then whip out my bank-card, lol... ;) $-) by the way, i love the EQ emoticons!!! SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! i wish i could use them on Facebook! LOL >:) :@) :bz

WolfCandy

We love fine shirts *grumbles* Pfft. :( I wanted to get a whole bunch of sweaters, so i bought my least favourite first just to make sure I had the right sizing.. Then, when I looked back after buying the sweater, they had taken down a whole bunch of the others (unless some people just bought them in great numbers which I seriously doubt) I was so crushed :O Then, to make it worse, the Skywise button they sent me along with the sweater fell off my bag and is gone forever! =((

Sorry... I just read the comments about we love fine and had to rant....

RichardPini

WolfCandy said:
Sorry... I just read the comments about we love fine and had to rant....

We'd advise anyone who wants WeLoveFine Elfquest shirts or other merchandise to strike while the iron is still hot (or even warm). There have been some changes at the company and we don't know how those may affect the Elfquest license.

Tavie

MOUSEPADS.

Also, the Cafepress store is still open.

Man did we spill a lot of coffee on the old mousepad. I mean, my god.

shadryx

How about a new updated iteration of the ElfQuest role-playing game? I would definately buy that! Maybe it could be done with Kickstarter?

Tam

Well, we've got this in development: http://www.cheekydingo.com/games/elfquest/

WolfCandy

Tavie said: MOUSEPADS.

Also, the Cafepress store is still open.

Man did we spill a lot of coffee on the old mousepad. I mean, my god.

Methinks me saw this picture on twitter ;)

Tavie

WolfCandy said: Methinks me saw this picture on twitter

I'm everywhere.

WolfCandy

Tavie said: I'm everywhere.

Lol =))

Trollbabe

My fellow Trolls say they want Elf action figures and a miniature guillotine. :P

Thornbrake

shadryx said: How about a new updated iteration of the ElfQuest role-playing game? I would definately buy that! Maybe it could be done with Kickstarter?

If you want it @shadryx, you gotta tell Dark Horse directly. They're not reading this forum.

LauraHeffner

I'm interested in a continuation of the "Blood of Ten Chiefs" novels; would that fall under Darkhorse's purview?

RichardPini

LauraHeffner said: I'm interested in a continuation of the "Blood of Ten Chiefs" novels; would that fall under Darkhorse's purview?

Not at this moment. Dark Horse doesn't publish prose works, far as we can tell. We're investigating other avenues for that (both the books that already exist, and new ones).

LauraHeffner

@ Mr. Richard Pini, I really, really hope that those plans come to fruition. That is an EXCELLENT series (As is anything Elfquest related). Please let us know if letting a prospective publisher know of our interest in a continuation of that series, like we're doing for Darkhorse produced Elfquest products, would be of assistance.

travelbug

I would love it if more of the Blood of ten chiefs were to be drawn at some point :)

LaymanK

For any of you interested in an ElfQuest tabletop RPG, we (Cheeky Dingo Games) are tinkering with some versions of making this a reality.

But in the mean time, we are launching the Kickstarter/pre-orders for the EQ Adventure Card Game tomorrow (Sunday, July 13th!).

Heather

That is such exciting news! So glad to hear it!

Thornbrake

RichardPini said: Not at this moment. Dark Horse doesn't publish prose works, far as we can tell. We're investigating other avenues for that (both the books that already exist, and new ones)

This is excellent news! I know I don't need to say it, but I will buy any new Blood of Ten Chiefs novels. The five that exist are pretty amazing.

Delhya

Thornbrake said: This is excellent news! I know I don't need to say it, but I will buy any new Blood of Ten Chiefs novels. The five that exist are pretty amazing.

Agreed Thornbrake. Plus the more you read them the more they wear out : (

Tuval

Ooh, Ooh, I want Calendars!!!!!

abbymaddi

EVERYTHING!! LOL!!! Seriously though I would like to see it when I search for books on kindle or google, body wear (anything you could wear from top to bottom, clothes, jewelry, shoes, hats and hair), temporary tattoos would be great, Stuffed animals!!!! What I would personally love to have is a tattoo drawn by Wendy!! Some artists can do a good job but she is elf mom. To have something so personal would be the best thing ever!

WolfCandy

abbymaddi said: Stuffed animals!!!!

Omg! Yes!!

psychosarah999

I love the Comic obviously! but i also like the mouse pads, jewelry EQ style would be awesome, i loved the bearclaw necklace, also it would be awesome if you could do costumes for cosplay and Halloween, for kids and adults. The maggoty apron is one of my favorites and i also love the blankets and sheets. Laptop or tablet decals would be awesome too! It would also be cool to do certian items from the story... the little palace, egg, Maggotys dreamberry skin or mug, maybe incense burners with EQ themes.... I have to wait for my birthday to get most of the new comics but i can't wait!! I am so behind!

Tam

Just make sure you tell Dark Horse directly what you want! Posting here isn't enough. :)

For what it's worth, the Elfquest shop on Cafe Press has mouse pads, aprons, and mugs. I also have the business card for a jewelry shop that dabbles in fantasy, and they're starting an Elfquest line; they'd be stoked to hear what you want specifically. :) I chatted them up a little at Phoenix ComiCon. I'll dig the card out in a bit.

Thornbrake

Tam said: Just make sure you tell Dark Horse directly what you want! Posting here isn't enough.

Indeed! I just emailed Dark Horse letting them know that I'd buy more EQ graphic novels, action figures and coloring books. :ar!

What have you all asked Dark Horse for?

Mkal

RichardPini said: Not at this moment. Dark Horse doesn't publish prose works, far as we can tell. We're investigating other avenues for that (both the books that already exist, and new ones).

'and NEW ones'?!

OMG! Richard I just geeked out!

WildBlossom

This is turning into an ask Santa...lol..

I asked Dark Horse for Elfquest prints, busts, posters, and general merch to buy for myself and for other fans as gifts!

Stepith_Bloodia

Hm, this is an interesting question.

Personally, I'd like posters and mousepads. Maybe even official champagne. One hell of a pipe dream there.

Sunshade

Here's the email I recently sent to DH:

A note to let you know that fans are eager for a full-colour, completely inked, and logically, well-sequenced set of volumes of the entire Elfquest series. As a publisher myself, I know cost, licensing, and copyright may be issues for Dark Horse, but from a fan and collector POV, what exists in print remains piecemeal and disappointing after a certain point.

Perhaps when Final Quest is done...? There's an audience for sure. I'm not buying the new Gallery Editions because I already own beautiful full-colour editions of earlier stuff (and the original B&W comics, both Warp and Marvel). Instead, I'm waiting for the full meal deal, in full colour, like so many readers.

Thornbrake

Sunshade said: I'm not buying the new Gallery Editions because I already own beautiful full-colour editions of earlier stuff (and the original B&W comics, both Warp and Marvel). Instead, I'm waiting for the full meal deal, in full colour, like so many readers.

Great point to include!

lunakat

I emailed them asking if they had or were going to reprint The Complete Elfquest Volume 1 with the pages fixed. They never got back to me. Can we all just bombard them with this question until they answer?

Night_Tanem

I sent a mail a couple of months ago and they would get back to me but they might have lost the mail by now...

manga

You know what I want? Patterned fabric! I've got friends having babies and I want to make EQ-themed baby blankets. I'm sure there are other crafty fans who'd like to make neat things too. If you are one, please join me in mailing DarkHorse. :)

Heather

I like that idea @Manga! I will let them know!

lunakat

Does Darkhorse make patterned fabrics? I think they are more likely to be into making collectible toys and whatnot. They don't own the license for EQ, right? Wendy and Richard could strike a deal with a fabric maker, the same way they did with the t-shirt company.

Thornbrake

lunakat said: Does Darkhorse make patterned fabrics?

I think that's probably beyond their scope, but doesn't hurt to demonstrate to them how eager we are for EQ stuff.

Thornbrake

Who wants Elfquest action figures? Let Dark Horse Comics know by posting on their Facebook page, tweeting them at @darkhorsecomics or by emailing elfquest@darkhorse.com. Let your voice be heard!

Cutter Action Figure

Brandnewfan

Hi I'm new :-)

I've asked Dark Horse for library editions of all things Elfquest just like their Hellboy work.

lunakat

Does anybody know if they reprinted The Complete Elfquest vol 1 with the page corrected?

RichardPini

I've not heard that they did, but I'll rattle the cage.

lunakat

They just emailed me back this morning. They said the reprints should already be on the shelves. I'm excited to buy one- next week for sure!

Thornbrake

That's great news indeed! Would you mind sharing their response to you on Facebook @lunakat? Lots of people there would be very interested to know this.

Thornbrake

There's an Elfquest thread on Dark Horse's Facebook page that is picking up some steam. Take a sec to go there and like it and leave a comment.

lunakat

Cool. Good to know.

Yeah- sure!

Zeina

I'd love to have them call me back since none of my digital purchases for Final Quest are going through :(

Thornbrake

lunakat said: They just emailed me back this morning. They said the reprints should already be on the shelves. I'm excited to buy one- next week for sure!

Hey @lunakat - Can you share what they wrote with us? I've emailed them about this several times but haven't ever gotten a response. I'm mostly curious to know if the misprinted stock was recalled and replaced with the correct version, so that if we order online or buy a hard copy in a bookstore, we can be sure it's the corrected printing. Versus the misprint stock still being out there on the shelves/in inventory until it sells out. Curious if they addressed that in their reply to you.

jaRf

Thornbrake showed

Oh, wow. This is a new one. Haven't seen him before. Where does it come from? He looks by far more impish and fiendish here. (true to his nature, ha :p)
To say it with modern words: "*waaant*"

But then, why, again Cutter? I finally want Rayek in my collection! :|

You see, there are all these nice elves, eying each other:

Elves_collection_busts_CutterLeetahSkywise_small
But this is definitely missing Rayek inbetween. :|

Also this one might want some more comrades.
Cutter_statue01_small
I admit that I did not yet find the time to assemble and paint him.
If I remember correctly, there was one even larger statue of Cutter around.

And then, there was that "action doll" run of ... um, uncertain quality. The sculpting was nice but the final product wasn't as great. The run contained Cutter (obviously, again him), Leetah, Tyldak and ... um, Picknose? Was it Picknose? I only got my hands on the first two.
They also had some more sculpted but they did not go into production (I think they planned a second series, again with 4 characters). Why, oh why wasn't Rayek on the first run? He was sculpted already. :|
Problematic was that they would easily topple over and not stand in place. Don't ask me how I convinced Leetah to stand for the photo and not fall over like a drunken lady. That was a bit unfortunate.
EQ_Action
(Sorry for the aperture opening, but light was too dim otherwise.)

Oh, and there were these tin figurines (wouldn't pass RoHS today but anyway):
eq_tinfigures_small
Finally Rayek, even tough these figures are tiny.

Well, that fixation on Cutter can't be good. Even though he kind of is iconic for the ElfQuest series there are many more characters worth to be sculpted. Did I mention Rayek? :| ;)
(We Rayek admirers are not obsessed, we're just... ehm, overprotective?)

Anyway, if Dark Horse is open to listen / read, I shall write them a few lines.
Umm, we had an RPG, a board game, T-Shirts, breadboxes(?) and other things. I think not every item really fits elfquest (or maybe it depends on the age of audience) but I guess the stuff basically sold. At least to me. :D Today you can reach more people by internet, so it might be a good thing to put a few more things out. E.g. him: :| ;)

Embala

jaRf said: But then, why, again Cutter? I finally want Rayek in my collection!
When my memory don't cheat me this figure is fanwork ... there should have been one or two more. Have forgotten the artist's name ... :/

Thornbrake

jaRf said: Oh, wow. This is a new one. Haven't seen him before. Where does it come from?

Yes, this Cutter action figure is fan art. There's a Skywise one too. Remember, this thread is about telling Dark Horse we want them to produce stuff like this, so if you like this, make sure to email them at elfquest@darkhorse.com.

Skywise action figure

Embala

Embala said: When my memory don't cheat me this figure is fanwork ...
Should correct myself: It's absolutely stunning fan art!

MrsGrizzley

I know what I want! I want the Dark Horse comic app available on the Windows App Store. I've got a Windows Tablet (Surface 2). It's not an iProduct and it's not an Android... and I REALLY want to be able to have the digital copies available to read even when I can't reach teh Internetz.

So... can someone put a preserver in someone's ear?

Tam

Post it in the thread on Facebook that Thornbrake linked to. :) I would love an Amazon version of the DH app too...

Thornbrake

MrsGrizzley said: So... can someone put a preserver in someone's ear?

Email Dark Horse directly at elfquest@darkhorse.com and let them know.

marinayurk

manga said: You know what I want? Patterned fabric! I've got friends having babies and I want to make EQ-themed baby blankets. I'm sure there are other crafty fans who'd like to make neat things too.

You can make things out of smart fabrics with EQ. Not only the bed , but also dresses , tunics, even an evening gown . Would be a fantasy. And tissues.

manga

marinayurk said: You can make things out of smart fabrics with EQ. Not only the bed , but also dresses , tunics, even an evening gown . Would be a fantasy. And tissues.

I don't quite follow you, Marinayurk. "Smart fabrics?" I don't need a nightgown with wifi. ;) I suspect also that you mean nightgown instead of evening gown. In English, a nightgown is a dress-like garment that you wear to sleep. An evening gown is a long, fancy (usually expensive) dress like the kind the Hollywood folks wear on the red carpet.

Embala

@manga It's hard to depend on google translation from Russian like Marina does, manga. And when I ask my dictionary I easily find two or three retranslations from "smart" that would make perfect sense in German. ;)

On the other hand ... have you tried? I bet there would be people who'd spend good money for such a "smartNighty!. ^^

travelbug

Maybe it could be stylish fabric instead of smart fabric ?
That would make more sense to me.

A smartNighty, maybe it tell you when you go to sleep and and how long and how well you sleep ? :)

manga

Ah, smart as in stylish. I could see that.

Aren't our lives wired enough already, though, Lunakat?

marinayurk

I saw Fashion show
on TV. There was a
beautiful dress with
SPONGE BOB. And I
thought that it is possible
to create similar on our
subject (tissue with a
comic collage). A
bolero from fur. Alas, my
imagination is connected
with tissue (female
handbags, dresses).

Elwing

There are certain characters I would really like to see a figurine of. I may even try my hand on doing a bit sculpting...As we have already seen Cutter, Skywise and Leetah, I would love to see Winnowill and Rayek.

And Marina, do you mean the French meaning of fabric with "tissue", or something to blow your nose in? If it is the latter I suggest it to be printed with a portrait of Winnie. Or the Djun. Or Guttlekraw. =P~

Thornbrake

Elwing said: I may even try my hand on doing a bit sculpting..

YES! Please do @Elwing!

marinayurk

Think that you want. I won't receive anything anyway.

Elwing

marinayurk said: Think that you want. I won't receive anything anyway

You mysterious lady you!

:)

jaRf

Elwing said: As we have already seen Cutter, Skywise and Leetah, I would love to see Winnowill and Rayek.

Yep. And so many other characters of Elfquest's rich universe.
I often say if you want something to happen you have to take it in your own hands. Do for yourself and don't wait for the world to do it for you or to magically happen.
Sadly I lack skill for sculpting and currently the time to learn it.

I wrote an email to Dark Horse Comics about possible merchandise and devotional objects I could imagine.

Elwing

I'm actually quite tempted to have a go at Winnowill. I'm looking into obtaining the right materials now. I will need a good quality two component epoxy clay like magic sculp or apoxie. Not something they sell in the shops around here.

Thornbrake

Yes to Winnowill!!

manga

I have an "evil plot" involving Rayek, yarn, crochet needles and some patterns I bought off of Etsy. If all goes well, I may have a stab and making a "set." Do we have a thread already for sharing our EQ crafts?

RichardPini

manga said: Do we have a thread already for sharing our EQ crafts?

There must be something like that in the Fan Art & Fiction category. And if not, there's always the "New Discussion" button.

Elwing

Oh and there is something else I would love to buy: the finished Elfquest tarot deck!

Embala

Elwing said: Oh and there is something else I would love to buy: the finished Elfquest tarot deck!

Definitely.

Zeina

Is there someone doing an Elfquest tarot? I read cards for a living and it would be really interesting to read with this deck :)

Embala

Wendy did ... at least she started with some cards.

http://elfquest.com/the-elfquest-tarot/

Zeina

Oooh! Lovely. Thanks, Embala.
9 of cups....Pike's dream with the dream berries and the trolls....
I would love to see Khavi as the Queen of Swords.

Elwing

Those have the best art. !Dewshine

jaRf

Never seen that Tarot card set before around on EQ. Who knows what else is missed in the depths of the website? I have no clue about actual Tarot but the cards look nice and maybe one could play other card games with it. Of course I have to apply my standard complaint about the lack of Rayek :|

Zeina

I actually think he'd be a better Magician card than Skywise ...but to each his/her own, I guess.

Zeina

Actually, come to think of it, Two-Edge would've also been a great Magician card.

manga

Two-Edge is on the Magician card. Look in the stump under Skywise.

Zeina

^ Heh. Thanks for pointing that out! The 'shadow' aspect to the cards is pretty neat. Kind of upset Shenshen isn't reflected back as the Empress though....she would be great!!!!

Elwing

Well it's interesting that Wendy used Skywise as the Magician. What would Rayek be? The Sun? Death (which is not as bad as it sounds in Tarot) The Hanged Man?
I'm not a believer or anything, but there is just so much interesting imagery there.

manga

Well, Wendy seemed to be going for the "Dark Side" versions in the reflections and Shenshen is far too shiny! :D

Zeina

Two-edge would be a good Hanged Man as well! Death would be.... gosh, I kind of imagine wrapstuff or the whole thing with One-Eye and Clearbrook about death being a new kind of beginning.

Yes, Manga....Shenshen is very shiny, very true :D

Zeina

Rayek would make a good Hermit. With Ekuar of course. I've always seen the Hermit card as the card of the teacher and mentor, and I thought being a mentor of some kind would be Rayek's highest potential.

manga

Always two there are, a mentor and a student. ("Star Wars" reference for our ESL friends here.) I think it should be Ekuar and Rayek because if Rayek does prove good at that, then it's because of Ekuar's influence. Though I'd seethe argument for other elves too, like Savah and Sunstream.

jaRf

Is there a good explanation about Tarot cards somewhere on the net?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1463759803/official-elfquest-adventure-card-game

Waah. Why did I not know about this? Anyway it was very successfully funded. I wonder when there will be something ready for shipment.

Zeina

Here's a good link on the card meanings. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

jaRf

Thanks a lot.

RichardPini

jaRf said: I wonder when there will be something ready for shipment.

The EQ Adventure Game has already been produced and is nearly ready for distribution. From the "Elfquest Adventure Game" page on Facebook:

"The ElfQuest Games have arrived on US shores. They are being held up by random customs inspection but will then be winging their way to the import station and then to us and our distributor.

We have no specific information as to how long this will take, but a week or two is probably realistic."

MrsGrizzley

ElfQuest Cross-Stitch patterns.

I was always HIGHLY disappointed when the one comic that featured a piece done of Skywise did NOT include the pattern in it.

marinayurk

Угу... And beads... :D

manga

Ok, so I've emailed and Facbooked them before with ideas... Has anyone seen any movement? I know they can't jump on everything but so far I don't think I've seen anything new come out.

jaRf

Maybe they are still busy with my lengthy email. ;) I don't know how much email hits them but maybe they will collect ideas and then give some kind of conclusion and tell us what they think can be brought to reality.
I hope all of you mentioned Rayek action figures and statues and stuff. :p