ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

“Where do you get your ideas?”

Warp Graphics

http://www.elfquest.com/where-do-you-get-your-ideas/

Its the question that causes artists, when they hear it, to roll their eyes. Some answer jokingly: I subscribe to the Idea-of-the-Month Club. They ...

Heather

My best ideas tend to come into my brain as I fall asleep. That's why I keep paper and pen in my nightstand. If not, they're gone by morning.

Tam

Mine usually come from dreams. I used to keep paper and pen nearby for that reason, but the idea escapes me before I can write it down, so instead, I use the voice recorder on my phone.

Thornbrake

Great, one more thing for us to obsess over as we wait for the next issue. ;-) LOL

MrsGrizzley

Hey, if it works, it works. We've gotta obsess over *something* in order to keep sane between issues.

For my ideas... lately I don't know anymore. Having too many problems getting them with my broken mind the way it is. Sometimes from fanfiction, sometimes weaving in other things.

Ideas can come from anywhere.

Tam

MrsGrizzley said: For my ideas... lately I don't know anymore. Having too many problems getting them with my broken mind the way it is.

I always have my phone to put ideas in. I get most of them from dreams, as I said, but not all of them. So whenever I get an idea, I record it, or I type it into a note for later. I've found that when I actively keep track of my ideas, they come to me more easily...so even if you have problems finding your ideas, write them down when you get them, and hopefully it'll get easier. <3

Mkal

They just come to me. It is hard to pin point the origins...

LaymanK

Ideas come to me at any given time, though very often the best ones come during that time in between awake and asleep. When that happens, I have to force myself to wake up and write it down lest I forget it.

PCoquelin

I just let ideas come..

..when they come.

Trollbabe

I believe an excellent source of ideas is getting to know other people.