ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Child of Man and Preserver, Rosie!!!

MrsGrizzley

"Name not BUG!!!!"

Let's hear it for my favorite hybrid character in all the world of Abode!!! The genetically manipulated child of a human scientist and an unnamed fallen Preserver, Rosie is eternally childlike and far wiser than she lets on.

She is a wonder!

faeriegirl

I LOVE Rosie!!!

Embala

I've learned she is cute lately! :) Now I've learned she's loved by a tribemate *happy smile*
This awesome pic was posted by @spiritofthewater in the Nostalgia thread - enjoy, Grizz!

Cannot help but think that her "father" might be Petalwing ...

Easter EggQuest 2014 *blinks* found
Eager Hunt-Bigthings help grant wish of kind-nice Preserver-Bigthing and let me wait ...?

MrsGrizzley

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Rosie IS adorable! And because of her human ancestry, she's the only Preserver (NOT BUG!!) who actually has gender! *giggle* Rosie is definitely female.

And precious beyond words, too. To the point that her "mother" risked her career and possibly her life to make certain that Rosie wasn't killed "for science".

As a side note, she also silenced the continual calls for an elf-human hybrid by being a hybrid... just not part Elf. *chuckle*

Embala

I wonder whether The Final Quest will reveal the secret of her heritage ... and whether her "father" had to die to deliver the necessary genetic material.

MrsGrizzley

Well, the official statement is that the scientists found "a tiny corpse" in the Sarazen area, aka Sorrow's End. So it's entirely likely that her Preserver progenitor did, in fact, give its life for her.

Embala

Maybe the Preserver who guarded the wrapped Highthing in the cave behind the sun symbol ...

Easter EggQuest 2014 reserved for MrsGrizzley found

MrsGrizzley

It's possible. Of course, given her coloring and her obvious memories as shown in the scene of her room...

The speculation is rather strong that her Preserver parent is Petalwing itself.

I'm hoping the speculation is wrong... but there's no way of knowing until the High Ones choose to reveal it.

ChristinaRaibert

Rosie is adorable indeed ^_^ I love the "name is NOT bug!" thing she has with Scorch! :D

I wonder what might have caused the death of her "biologic" Preserver parent? Those little guys seem pretty resistent... maybe it's something to do with being imprisoned? I'm reminded of Petalwing's words when Dewshine let him out of the cage - "Petalwing strong!"... couldn't it be that being kept from flying for too long could cause them to weaken physically? :( *hugs Preservers*

MrsGrizzley

I think that Petalwing was saying that to reassure Dewshine that smashing the cage wasn't going to hurt it. Because as I recall, she was scared about the cage itself hurting Petalwing.

And the "name not BUG!" thing is just freakin adorable on so many levels.

I am now, and will always be, a Preserver fan much like you are about the Wavedancers. It just sucks that none of the Preservers stayed with them. Can you imagine the adorable factor of Preservers playing with little Korafay?

Thornbrake

There were three preservers in Sorrow's End. The magenta one was Willowsnap, the blue one was Littlesky, but we never learned the name or the fate of the green one. Perhaps it was killed in the human invasion?

ChristinaRaibert

MrsGrizzley said: I am now, and will always be, a Preserver fan much like you are about the Wavedancers. It just sucks that none of the Preservers stayed with them. Can you imagine the adorable factor of Preservers playing with little Korafay?

Steve Blevins included one in the very first installments... but I guess it was retconned afterwards. A pity, really - the presence of Preservers might have gone a long way toward "rooting" Reef's mad visions (how could he dream of a wingless Preserver - No-Wing - if he had never seen one? Of course, it could be part of whatever flashes of memories he shared with Winnowill when she blasted him, but...). Plus, it was so cute seeing it fly around the newly returned Surge, as if curious... the tone of the NWD stories could have used some lighter elements, and a sea Preserver would have been a great addition. I could just imagine it sneaking in the Palace (or in the Palace pod) to get to know its woodland kin!

RichardPini

Embala said: I wonder whether The Final Quest will reveal the secret of her heritage ... and whether her "father" had to die to deliver the necessary genetic material.

Some - clearly spooked by the word "final" in the title of the newest series - have worriedly asked us if Final Quest is the end of Elfquest itself. We always point to the FutureQuest tales as evidence that it can't possibly be so, since by definition FQ takes place after FQ. Er... you know what I mean. Questions about Rosie (and the Rebels, and Jink) will just have to wait their turn to be considered in future (both senses) tales once we wrap Final Quest.

Embala

RichardPini said: Questions about Rosie (and the Rebels, and Jink) will just have to wait their turn to be considered in future (both senses) tales once we wrap Final Quest.
I translate it this way: No dead Preserver in the Final Quest! ;)

RichardPini said: We always point to the FutureQuest tales as evidence that it can't possibly be so, since by definition FQ takes place after FQ. Er... you know what I mean.
I've read this with joy in the beginning of the talk about Final Quest ... and LOVE to read it again and again :D