ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Is Rihanna a secret Ruffel fan?

Heather

This dress made me think she might be!
Read more about it here

Rob

Remember L'il Kim from the surgical before-time?

DaAmron

a lot of folks bag on her in the comments of that article, but DAAAAAAAYUUUUUMM!! RHI looks GREAT in that dress! doesnt leave much to the imagination (which is a shame) but still, that gown took a lot of work to sew the crystals together, it flatters and accentuates her form nicely, and while it may reveal quite a bit, in the right lighting it obscures as much as it shows, while still managing to be showy, sexy, and adds the oomph, anyone who bags on her for it, it obviously jealous!

Heather

I think she looks fabulous and I love the fact that it doesn't leave that much to the imagination! Women being able to express themselves as sexual creatures in the manner that they see fit and not the culture, makes me over joyed.
Same with the picture of Little Kim. She looks awesome there!

Tam

They both look so confident and lovely, able to express themselves however they choose. :) Not anyone's job to preserve another's imagination. ;) Now, just imagine Ruffel in that dress, made from preserver silk and Palace crystals instead!

MrsGrizzley

I applaud both of them. And it needs to be repeated ad nauseum until the paleolithic part of the male population finally gets it, finally, that no matter WHAT a woman is wearing, if she doesn't say Yes, she's not consenting to *anything*.

Personally, I like the flowers on Lil Kim better, but that's just me.

RichardPini

MrsGrizzley said: ...it needs to be repeated ad nauseum...

I don't think you mean that. "Ad nauseam, adverb, referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome."

Which, unfortunately, is what I see happening in the real world. Because the debate on both sides has become so very shrill, many who might benefit from it are tuning it out. No one likes to listen to shrill. In my experience, reasonable people find it divisive and distracting from the point. Unreasonable people find in it an easy excuse to dismiss the point.

Yes, perhaps I'm being editorially pedantic. But when words are all we have (and let's face it, the internet is very little beyond bald words on a page), I feel a special urge to see they're used as clearly and powerfully as possible.

MrsGrizzley

*nod* You *might* be right about the use of that particular term, and for that I apologize. And the last thing I want is for the necessary point to be ignored because of the attitude in which it is spoken.

I'm just not sure what other phrase I could have used, and for that I also apologize.

Heather

I also have to say, if looking at pictures of these two ladies leaves nothing to your imagination, your imagination isn't as vivid as mine! :)

Trollbabe

LOL Heather! I like the first one better. The top on the second outfit just makes me think how chafed I would feel, if I were wearing it.

Heather

Trollbabe said: LOL Heather!

;)

Thornbrake

Trollbabe said: LOL Heather! I like the first one better. The top on the second outfit just makes me think how chafed I would feel, if I were wearing it.

LOL, as a boy, this comment makes me realize there's much outside my realm of experience -- and in this case I'm not complaining. :>

Tavie

MrsGrizzley said: I'm just not sure what other phrase I could have used, and for that I also apologize.

I think "ad infinitum" ("to infinity") would've kept him quiet... ;)

RichardPini

Tavie said: I think "ad infinitum" ("to infinity") would've kept him quiet...

No, it would have kept me satisfied. Nothing keeps me quiet. :p

Tavie

RichardPini said: uld have kept me satisfied. Nothing keeps me quiet.

We take what we can get, I suppose.

O:-)

RichardPini

Tavie said: We take what we can get, I suppose.

You (in the grand fannish second person plural) always do. ;)

Tavie

8-|

We need an eyeroll elfmoticon...

Heather

RichardPini said: Nothing keeps me quiet.

duct-tape
;)

Tam

Duct tape is actually really easy to just lick off.

*ducks*

marinayurk

Beautiful dress! But without pad I wouldn't put on it. To actors popularity is very important, hearings also play into the hands of them. Shocking - a short way to become famous. But whom now you will surprise with a naked breast?

RichardPini

marinayurk said: But whom now you will surprise with a naked breast?

Still far too many people, sadly...