ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

San Diego Comic Con 2014

Thornbrake

This thread is to share some of the Elfquest action from San Diego Comic Con 2014.

The Dark Horse booth was fully stocked on preview night. These were cleaned out by day 2.

And I HAD to get into the elf spirit!

Thornbrake

The tribe has gathered!

Thornbrake

OMG they premiered the new Complete Elfquest book at the Dark Horse Booth!!

And we got it!!!

EQ SDCC Complete EQ

Thornbrake

Leetah showed up too!

Thornbrake

The ladies of Elfquest! image

Elwing

Oh wow the costumes are amazing! Wish I could be there =((

Embala

Amazing costumes ... great fans!

Elwing

Are any of these people Elves on this forum? Anyone we know?

Thornbrake

@Rob, @Heather and I are here, but don't know about the others.

Rob

JRoseberry

Every time I see these pics, makes me want to try and make my own. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Night_Tanem

Wish there was as much to find about Elfsquest on Facts as on Comi Con but one would be lucky to find one book... Nice costumes!

Thornbrake

Clearbrook's braid!

Elwing

lots of love to Rob and Heather, and all these awesome cosplayers, whoever they are! :-*

Thornbrake

A lovely Tyleet.

Tavie

Beautiful costumes!

Shadowfire

HAHAHAHAHA!!! And my wonderful 4 year old ElfQuest-Loving Daughter (who some of you know as "Chitter," from our cosplay as Moonshade and young Chitter) just came over as i was looking at the pic of Jimmy and Oliver and said, "LOOKIT mommy! Skywise and Cutter! That's so cool!" B-) awesome job everyone, and i have to say that Clearbrook cosplay is AMAZING!!! my next cosplay attempt will be either a re-vamp of my early FQ Moonshade, Winnowill, or possibly a dark-haired Tyleet with Little Patch (who will be cosplayed by my baby boy, Tam... yes, named after THAT Tam!) ;) i hope everyone had a blast at SDCC, i hope to attend someday! :D can't wait to see some more awesome pics! :!!

Thornbrake

Our very own @Heather made these AWESOME shoes as a gift to Elfmom, who loved them, of course.

Embala

More great costume shots ... those guys and girls put lots of effort in it!

I like the picture choice on the EQ shoes.

RichardPini

I'm glad of this thread - we didn't see half those costumes (in person) during the entire time we were there!

RichardPini

I'll add a couple more, for atmosphere. Dark Horse did well by EQ, with a giant poster outside, and an oversize reproduction of the cover to the Gallery Edition in their interview booth.

EQ DH booth 2a

RichardPini

And here's Wendy upon first look at her new "sole mates"...

sole mates 3

Thornbrake

I love that candid shot!

Thornbrake

We HAD to get a pic of ourselves in front of the official Comic Con step and repeat with our elf ears!

Elf ears at Comic Con 2014

RedheadEmber

I keep searching for the like button whenever I see those pics.

Embala

Thank you for sharing these photos.

Heather

@Thornbrake and @RichardPini I love that candid shot as well!

I have pictures to post, but in my current sleep deprived state am going to wait until later!

Llannen

I can see the shoes in much more glory! Thank you for posting here as well. It has always been my dream to go to SDCC since I was in high school. I've been pretty happy with the Phoenix one but would love to start meeting all of you. I think my fave pic in this is the one of Skywise and Cutter eating. Those grins are soooo in character!!!

Tavie

@heather WOW. I didn't realize you made the shoes!! Stunning!

(I'm a size 10.... Just saying...)

Heather

@Tavie Thank you so much. And you do know I should see you in October right? Maybe we need to go to Payless! ;)

travelbug

Heather, the shoes were great :) lucky Wendy :)

Tavie

@Heather

@Tavie Thank you so much. And you do know I should see you in October right? Maybe we need to go to Payless!

oooh, is there a Happening? We will booze?

Heather

I apologize for the tardiness of posting these. It was a rough trip back home and I'm still recovering.
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 1.50.03 PM
Wendy modelilng the Elfquest shoes
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 1.49.56 PM
Back of the Elfquest shoes
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 1.49.49 PM
Couldn't forget Masque!
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 1.49.36 PM
Trying to get a picture in the crowds wasn't easy!
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 1.49.27 PM
Cutter (Jimmy) and Skywise (Oliver) sat down to grab dinner with the humans.
Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 1.48.07 PM
Back of Masque shoes

Heather

Tavie said: oooh, is there a Happening? We will booze?

Hopefully NYCC! I approve of libations!

Heather

travelbug said: Heather, the shoes were great :) lucky Wendy

Thank you very much!

Tavie

Heather said: Hopefully NYCC! I approve of libations!

Should I go to that? I've never gone to that. Maybe I should just meet you later for some boozing.

Thornbrake

Tavie said: Maybe I should just meet you later for some boozing.

~O)

Heather

Tavie said: Should I go to that? I've never gone to that. Maybe I should just meet you later for some boozing.

If you are up for it! If not, see @Thornbrake above!
=))

RedheadEmber

I'm sorta of two-minds about these Things; on one hand it looks awesomely funny, on the other... I'd probably go TOO MANY PEOPLE! CAN'T COPE! @-)

WolfCandy

Loved seeing all these pictures! Even though they made me sad I missed it :(

Heather

RedheadEmber said: I'd probably go TOO MANY PEOPLE! CAN'T COPE!

That is the reaction most of us get! Hence why we take breaks in between. It is heaven and hell all at once!