ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Annahvi & M'Ren

Annahvi

I think it would great to see these two tied into the current series somehow. I would love to see more of them.

travelbug

I hope so too :)
Wouldn't it be cool if Annahvi turns out to be Ember's cub ?
But he reminds me more of Rayek

Knightbird

I was thinking Skywise's pup actually. Maybe, it's the hair.

Embala

I always like to see new elves ... or rather unknown ones returning and being fleshed out. Would be nice to learn more about those two somewhen in TFQ or in whatever will follow.

They should be SEEN in their own thread! :) How they are pictured in REBELS #10:

I can see similarities with Skywise in the first one - hair, eyes, smirk ...

- Anahvi - M'Ren

- They are a cute couple here.

Knightbird

Thanks for posting the pics. I was thinking about then I got off on a tangent somewhere. Yea...they do make a cute couple.

Embala

You are welcome :)

Looking at their entrance in FUTUREQUEST I see mostly Rayek in him, like @travelbug has pointed out:

- Annahvi -

... with the cheekbones, the expression and the dark long hair of course . But more than the look it's his mood and attitude that makes me think of early Rayek.

Though they still make a very pretty loving couple!

Makes me think ... M'Ren is called "lifebearer" by Stonehand (the Troll in the picture above). Can it be that she and Annahvi recognized a short time ago and M'Ren is with cub? And Annahvi reacts a bit overprotective ... ;)

travelbug

Aww, thank you for the pictures, Embala :)

Embala

My pleasure, travelbug.

It would be interesting to see his "real" look drawn by Wendy. And his character, too.
I've noticed that there are different spellings for his name: Anahvi vs. Annahvi. Another minor question that needs an anwer ...

Feeling strange for me to speculate about characters who might not even exist anymore in the "post Final Quest" future - or will turn out very different from what we've seen so far.
Then again - why not? ;)

@Knightbird Would you consider to fix the typo in the headline? No matter whether it will be Anahvi or Annahvi ... there's a "v" missing as far as we know. I think it would make it easier to find the thread.

Knightbird

Sorry about the missing 'v', no disrespect to you, Annahvi,
where ever you are??? Maybe the difference in his name is like my missing 'v', just a typo.

I love the matching head bands.

Delhya

and the little shard on each headband too. The elves are keeping with everyone having a little piece of the palace with them at all times.

Knightbird

Our two favorite future elves give a hint to an on going debate. Who is the Master of the Palace during the time of FutureQuest??? I believe this is reference to what happened in 'Kings of Broken Wheel'. I STILL stand by my choice.

mren2

travelbug

I'm with you Knightbird ;)

The palace master sure looks like Cutter, both hairstyle, clothing and the way he speaks. To bad his face never show.
He calls Anahvi cub, suggests wolfrider heritage.
I guess we'll get the answer some years from now.. When Wendy draws the last issues of Future Quest, and Jink hopefully meets her father again.

I find the last part of Future Quest where Aurek gets upset with Jink interesting

Knightbird

The nightmares Jink has about her father are too suggestive that it is Cutter. You know, he is the hero at the beginning so it stands to reason he should make it to the end.

Heather

The hero's journey sometimes ends in the hero's death.

Knightbird

Only sometimes... ;)

travelbug

Maybe it could be Skywise with longer hair and chief's lock, or even Suntop. Or somebody else..

The story so far, have told us that one day, Cutter will die and Skywise will live forever in the palace. But only Elfmom and Elfpop really knows ;)
What if they ment all along to turn it around, so Skywise will die and Cutter takes his place in the palace, for reasons we dont know yet?

However, I think what we see of the palace chief, and Jink's nightmare suggests it may be Cutter :)

Knightbird

I just can't see Cutter dying and this story carrying on. Maybe Anahvi and M'Ren need to make another guest appearence with another clue. Hint..hint..

Delhya

You also have Annavhi speak with a Elf who's face we do see and looks like Strongbow. Another elf we don't feel at this moment in the story (Final Quest) that would leave TWoTM any more than Cutter would be thought too.

Just so many exciting teasers, and I agree @Knightbird Another appearance of those two would be fun!

travelbug

When you see how uncomfortable Stongbow feels about the palace in Final Quest so far, you have to wonder whatever made him agree to fly in the palace among the stars
(if the Archer really is Strongbow)

lunakat

Knightbird said: The nightmares Jink has about her father are too suggestive that it is Cutter. You know, he is the hero at the beginning so it stands to reason he should make it to the end.

Do they really? I think it's pretty ambiguous. She doesn't look or act like Cutter either- she looks (and even acts a little) like Skywise.

travelbug said: The story so far, have told us that one day, Cutter will die and Skywise will live forever in the palace. But only Elfmom and Elfpop really knows ;)
What if they ment all along to turn it around, so Skywise will die and Cutter takes his place in the palace, for reasons we dont know yet?

I think this is most likely. I think Skywise either dies (perfect irony) or is incapacitated- and Cutter ends up taking his place as Master of the Palace, and possibly raises his daughter for him. Think about it- if Skywise were the character we see acting as the palace master in the future- why would he need to summon Annahvi to fly it? Skywise can fly the palace on is own. He wouldn't need Annahvi to "get [them] out of there." Likewise- if Skywise were around and capable- why would Annahvi be needed? Why wouldn't Skywise be doing the navigating?

Embala

travelbug said: What if they ment all along to turn it around, so Skywise will die and Cutter takes his place in the palace, for reasons we dont know yet?
This thought occured to me years ago.

When I started to read EQ, latest at the end of KotBW, I was sure that Cutter will go full circle and we will see his death somewhen at the end of the story.

Then I realized how we were told again and again that Leetah would live to see her soulmate age and die. And Skywise became immortal, too - Cutter promised he would travel the stars with his soulbrother after death. And it hit me how highly ironical it would be when mortal Cutter would live and Skywise and/or Leetah, his immortal soulmates, would die.

travelbug

Since Anahvi is flying the palace, maybe Skywise, Sunstream and Timmain are all gone?
Well at least they are not in the palace..

If Final Quest ends with Cutter loosing his family all over again, I will be sad..

Embala

It would be tragical.

... and a reason for Jink to mindwipe him. The way I understood it, she did.

travelbug

It's been a long time since I read Jink now, but I think there is a part where Jink's father tells her she removed the best part of him?
I remember thinking it was his wolfblood that was removed. But removed memories would be just as bad

Delhya

On a more optimistic side they all could just be in wrapstuff letting there spirits soar through the stars exploring and Cutter happens to be on "watch" at that moment. >Hopeful smile<

Embala

*smiles*

or we have totally misunderstood Jink's visions (as she misunderstood herself) ...
or I'm simply an old gloomer ...
or things are very different at all ...

We like to speculate, draw conclusions - but so far we are like spacefareres who try to judge life on Earth after we got a view on the North Pole region! ;)

travelbug

Or Future Quest may be changed a little bit from its present form? Like some details of Final Quest.

Knightbird

I'm beginning to wonder now about Anahvi... What if he is Teir's and Ember's cub? Do to the delayed Recognition?? Now that's a thought! :-j

Knightbird

Another connection to my theory to Annahvi being Teir's and Ember's cub. His name. Maybe...just maybe Teir will forgive his mother (Kahvi) for what she had done and names his child after her. >:>

Knightbird

Or Teir named his male cub, Annahvi (after Kahvi) just to piss her off.

compare

sulken

They give me the impression of being rather minor characters, I don't think any one of them has such important parents.

The name M'Ren sounds more like a soul name to me, maybe the elves (Wolfriders) will free to use soul names openly to adress each other in the future.

ElfEmber

I loved reading this thread! I've read EQ for 20 years and am ashamed to say that I have yet to read the Rebels series (despite reading Jink) :(

It sounds like I need to step my game up!

Knightbird

I don't believe Annahvi and M'Ren are just minor players. I think there are big plans for these two. They would not have been spotlighted if they were. They got people wondering & guessing. That would be a good thing.

Writers and artists just don't make characters like them to be in front, then thrown to the 'back burner' when they are not needed.

ElfEmber

Excuse my last post. I just found Annahvi and M'Ren's story. I read that a looong time ago. I also believe/hope that they're more than just minor players. Like all EQ fans, I yearn to know more!

sulken

I assume most fans rather want to know what happened to the "old elves" (OQ: are they dead, did they all become immortals, who is the Master? Is that really Strongbow?) than learn about the two new ones. M'ren and A. give some info about the current live of the elves, and I'd say, that's their purpose, plot wise.

The male one is called by the Master but doesn't know why, so apparently he has neither a special magic power nor a assigned task, which would make it obvious.
They are minor players like Vaya, who had several panels of appearance but wasn't that important overall, all her fans notwithstanding.

Eyeshigh

@Knightbird you make an excellent point. Annavhi being Teirs' and Embers' son. The name does hint that way. He could also do it because he forgives Kahvi for leaving him and honor her with naming his son to him. I do believe we might see these two characters in FQ as all spin-offs have been approved by Richard en Wendy. And we know nothing happens without a reason!

travelbug

Annahvi sounds like the kind of name an elf is born with. Not a given tribename.
Savah called Leetha by her name long before she was born.

The palace chief calls him "cub" so I think its fair to assume he's one of the younger generations. I like the thought of him being Ember and Teir's cub.

MultiFacets

That'd be one heckuva retcon, though. Or would it? (has no clue)

lunakat

Eyeshigh said: Annavhi being Teirs' and Embers' son. The name does hint that way. He could also do it because he forgives Kahvi for leaving him and honor her with naming his son to him.

If ahvi is for Kahvi- then maybe the first part of his name is for Ember's grandfather?