ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

What would you say to someone who just discovered ELFQUEST? Advice? Congrats? Reading suggestions?

Johnno

Two great things happened to me recently:
First, I turned 50 a few months ago. Don't worry, it didn't hurt a bit!
Second, I discovered ELFQUEST a couple of days ago and have been absolutely drawn in to the story like nothing I've ever experienced before. The artwork is amazing, the story and the writing are wonderful! What rock have I been living under for the past 36 years?!? Thankfully, there are literally decades worth of ELFQUEST available here online. I'm enthralled!

So, is there anything you want to say to someone who's just starting the adventure? Some bit of advice you wish someone had shared with you when you first met Cutter and the rest? Something you think I ought to know? (No spoilers, please)

And by the way, was ELFQUEST really in black and white when it was first published? Where'd the color come in and who did it?

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Tam

No advice here...just start from the beginning and go ;) Dive right in.

And yes, Elfquest was really in black and white when it was first published. The release of color issues was a huge deal, because many readers hadn't picked up on Leetah's dark skin. I believe the Donning/Starblaze graphic novels were the first color editions...Elfquest started in '78, and their first graphic novels came out in '81.

Eyeshigh

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!
Elfquest is, to me, a huge part of my life and has influenced me from the start, 28 years ago i had my first copy in my hands, was #3 of the original quest. Immidiatly i was grabbed by Wendy's artwork, the way the story was told.
I don't know what you have been reading till now, but as Tam said, just start at the beginning, you can find it online, but DarkHorse is republishing the Original Quest (OQ) again, so you should be able to find it in paper as well ;)

Enjoy

Night_Tanem

Congrats! You have many fantastic stories to read...

RedheadEmber

READ IT ALL!

marinayurk

I would tell: "It is cool
history! You will take and
won't regret!
Romanticism, adventures,
fantasy! Simply
interestingly!
Interestingly already
from the first pages!"

Leanan

Welcome to the forum! B-)

travelbug

Congrats :) And welcome :)

I think you are lucky to have the whole story in front of you :)
So start at the beginning, and dive in.

Johnno

Tam: Yep, I'm diving in alright! Thanks for the info about the color. I didn't realize that some comics were made in B&W. I guess I always assumed they were all in full color. Just shows how often I picked up a comic before now!

Eyeshigh: I'm definitely enjoying the ride! I also have started collecting the paper versions, too. I love the easy availability of the online versions but like having a physical copy in my hands. I live in a very rural part of Illinois and want to have something great to read when the power goes out this winter (and it will)!

Night_Tanem: Thanks! I'm so happy I discovered Elfquest. I'm loving it!

ReadheadEmber: Yeah! I'm just starting #10 from the Original Elfquest series. I've had a 4-day weekend and have had a hard time tearing myself away from my laptop.

Marinayurk: Yes, I was hooked from the very first page.

Leanan: Thank you. Glad I found the forum because I'm going to have lots of questions, I'm sure!

travelbug: Thanks! I'm amazed at how much material there is, stretching all the way back to 1978. I know what's going to happen... Reading Elfquest online is going to become such a daily habit that when I finally work my way through it all and come up to the present, I'm going to go into withdrawal until the next issue is released! Well, there are worse things to be addicted to, that's for sure!

Mkal

If you can get a hold of any of the novels of "Journey To Sorrow's End", "The Quest Begins", "Captives of Blue Mountain", and the entire 'Blood of Ten Chiefs' anthologies, you will definitely have an even more enriching experience.

Thornbrake

Welcome to the tribe, @Johnno! I agree with the advice to just start at the beginning and go from there. The first three Elfquest storylines--The Original Quest, Siege at Blue Mountain, and Kings of the Broken Wheel--where all originally published in black and white between 1978 and 1992. They were collected into graphic novels and colored by Wendy and assistants.

The first full-color issue of Elfquest was Hidden Years #1 and after that there were many storylines told over many titles (e.g., Hidden Years, Shards, Dreamtime, Wolfrider, and The Wild Hunt are the best and most relevant to the Final Quest). Some of those started as color but reverted to black and white.

Make sure you share your thoughts and reactions here the forum!

Shadowfire

Welcome to the Pack! we can be a little crazy sometimes, but don't worry, we don't bite... much! ;)

I'd definitely recommend starting at the Original Quest, and going on to Siege at Blue Mountain, Kings of the Broken Wheel, then Shards. Also, be sure you read In All But Blood, it's an AMAZING set of stories that explain Cutter and Skywise's relationship really well, and WHY they really are so close! Also, i'm sure someone mentioned it before me or you've found it already, but make sure to check out the Final Quest, which is the NEW story that's being currently written and published every-other-month. And don't worry, it's not the END of ElfQuest, just the Final Story of a Hero's Journey, as we've been told by the creators, Wendy and Richard Pini, who we lovingly refer to as ElfMom and ElfPop. :D the newest issue of the Final Quest, #6, comes out at the end of November, so there should be time to catch up on the backstory before you read the new stuff. OH! and before you get to Final Quest, also be sure to read the Wavedancer series, so that you know about that Tribe and their... interesting... mentalities and mind-set... ;)

As i said, Welcome to the Pack! Shade and Sweet Water! :)

Shadowfire

also, as a tip for collecting physical versions, a LOT of goodies can be found on eBay, and as long as you're patient, you'll find good prices. ;) also, i don't know if you're on Facebook at all, but there's a great EQ Collectors group over there, and we love to help out new readers! if you're interested, the ElfQuest Collectors UNITE group can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElfQuestCollectorsUNITE/
Good Luck and Have Fun Collecting!! :D

Johnno

Mkal: Wow! I had no idea there were novels, too. Sounds like something I'd really enjoy. I'm headed to eBay! ;)

Thornbrake: Yeah, I've started to collect all three of those storylines. That ought to keep me busy for a little while, anyway. Just got done on eBay when I came back to check on responses.
Thanks for the info on when and where the color versions came about. Since I "discovered" the online version of Elfquest, I started reading the series in color. I wonder how I'll feel when my comics start to arrive and are in black and white?

Has anybody else here started reading in color and then collected the B&W versions? Do you have a preference? It seems I always feel that my first exposure to something is "the authentic experience" and anything that comes later is a variation from what I perceive as "the norm", even though I know I'm doing it backwards from the folks who've been around from the beginning in 1978. I'd be interested in hearing other folks' opinions on color and B&W versions.

Shadowfire: Thanks for the tips. At what point do you recommend reading In All But Blood? Will it spoil anything for me if I read it before, say, Hidden Years, or does it take place even before the events in the original Elfquest?
Also, I will definitely be reading Final Quest once I've worked my way forward chronologically.

And what's in Elfquest Volume 1 and Elfquest Volume 2? I also think I saw Volumes 3 and 4 out there somewhere, too. Are these collections? How do I find out which storylines are in them?

I have so many years to make up for!

Eyeshigh

In all but Blood takes places between KoBW and HY. It is a story on itself, but it is hinted to in the HY-series, if i remember correctly. It has been a while since i have read both... think i will read it again soon ;)

Thornbrake

Johnno said: I'd be interested in hearing other folks' opinions on color and B&W versions.

I'm a huge fan of Wendy's black and white work. There's a strange bias towards color in the the U.S. but there's a long tradition of black and white comics, both in other countries as well as in the independent comics movement here in the States. Wendy is a master at inking and using positive and negative space. If you pay attention to that as you're looking at B&W versions if might help you develop a better appreciation for it.

RedheadEmber

Eyeshigh said: In all but Blood takes places between KoBW and HY. It is a story on itself, but it is hinted to in the HY-series, if i remember correctly. It has been a while since i have read both... think i will read it again soon

Actually. In All But Blood are four seperate stories

'Troll Games & Soul Names', which takes place before EQ1
'The Heart's Way', which takes place shortly after OQ5
'Wolfshadow', which takes place between KoBW and HY (probably the one you were talking about)
And finally 'Full Circle', which takes place after 'Shards'.

travelbug

I started out with the colored version in norwegian, then my dad got me the Father Tree graphic volumes 1-8 together with the first New Blood and Hidden Years Graphic novels (all in color and english) for my birthday.
From there I went on to Readers Collection which is all black and white. I like the black and white versions best when they are only inked.
When colored comics are reprinted in black and white, I sometimes miss the sharpness in the drawings compared to the ones that were only inked.

The first issue in Blood of ten chiefs is a very different reading experience in color vs black and white, because of the aquarelle art.

Embala

It's great you found EQ, Johnno ... sounds like love at first sight!. Oh, I sooo remember this feeling... Welcome to the pack. :) Enjoy and have fun!

You got many good advice and hints already. I doubt that you can do it wrong at all ... there are probably as many ways to (re)discover ElfQuest as there are fans.
I've wondered whether I should drop a list I've once made to answer a similar question ... Warning: There might be very minor spoilers

It's not "the ultimate reader's guide" but good enough for a smooth read. I'll try to give you some information about the different series so you can decide by yourself.

Original Quest
Siege at Blue Mountain
Kings of te Broken Wheel
Dreamtime
- happens shortly after the return of the Palace ... awesome Wendy art
Hidden Years #4, #8, #9,5 and #10-15 - single issues filling gaps and giving background information for the time from the return of the Palace until the main story lines SHARDS and HIDDEN YEARS start. Read before starting with Shards and the rest of HY!

Main storyline - Shards (#1 til #15) and Hidden Years (from #16 til the end) - run parallel and influence each other. I've found it pleasant to read it "parallel" as well. Shards #10 / HY #24 and Shards #12 / HY #25 are directly connected - read the Shards issue before you look in the corresponding HY issue - spoiler warning!

About same time as Shards and Ember's Hidden Years storyline
New Blood #14-35 - Forevergreen Arc ... no direct connections with Shards/HY but it has necessary informations about the Sunvillagers' and Windkin's fate.
Would be no fault to read New Blood #11, #12, #13 before you start the Forevergreen Arc with NB #14.
(You can skip NB and continue with the main story without missing too much, tho.)

Shards #16 gathers both the three story lines and the scattered elves.

Here you should read In All But Blood - it starts with Cutter's youth, a story about his early time in the Sun Village, a story centering on Skywise somewhen after the return of the Palace. The last is the important one: Full Circle closes a time and knowledge gap between the end of SHARDS and the (so far) final stories ...

The Searcher and the Sword - following Cutter's tribe after Shards
Discovery - follows directly SatS

NOT on Digital EQ: The Final Quest Special ... the issue that introduces the new ongoing FINAL QUEST story arc

... that's what would make most sense for me to read in row from EQ1 until "present time" (= The Final Quest)

more or less parallel with SatS / Discovery
Wild Hunt - following Ember's tribe after the Shards War
Mender's Tale (unfinished)
Recognition (unfinished - concluded/retconned in the Final Quest)

The Forevergreen Story arc is more or less followed by
Worldpool - follows some chars from the Forevergreen Arc, followed by
Fire-Eye ... unfinished
both probably "non-canon"

Other series and single issues:

Tales from the elves' wild past:
Blood of Ten Chiefs
Two-Spear
Wolfrider!
- read it!
By any other name (RC "In all but Blood")
Hidden Years #5, #6, #7, #9
#5 Starfall, Starrise - pre-EQ1 (story about Skywise and his parents' fate)
#6+ #7 How Shall I keep from Singing - High Ones' arrival and first years
#9 The Enemy's Face - story about Leetah's birth and youth
Homespun (RC "In all but Blood")

Spotlights on the time of the Long Wait (disappearance of the Palace until Big Sleep)
Hidden Years #1, #2, #3
#1 Wolfwood - during Long Wait (centering on Strongbow - I love it)
#2 Going Back - during Long Wait (Kahvi "visits" Sorrow's End again)
#3 Little Patch - during Long Wait (Tyleet's "cub")
The Jury (?)
New Blood
#11, #12, #13
Kahvi

Background story of the Wavedancers
Wavedancers Issue #1
Wavedancers
Wavedancers - lost chapters
(unfinished)
... it might be less puzzeling to read it after Discovery (some inconsistencies and retconning)

----------------

Somewhen in not too far future
Rogue's Curse - following Rayek's journey after Shards

Far future
Jink
The Rebles
Futurequest
(unfinished)

--------------

Havn't listed all ;)

The rest of New Blood is a mix of Wild Past, Long Wait, various Misc stuff ... many of it considered non-canon

same for Bedtime Stories and A Gift Of Her Own

Elfquest Volume 2 - containes stories that are mostly listed and reposted in collections (ask if you want to know more ... same for stories I missed to mention)

Kings Cross - a "What-If" / alternative universe story ...

Xanth - something totally different

There is no easy way to read through - you'll have to pick when you want to follow the time line.

As you will notice some of the stories can be found in several topics. The Elfquest Vol. 2 issues have several ongoing stories in each issue - and then and now a single one. Many of these stories are gathered in collections:

Dreamtime, Wild Hunt, Wavedancers, Rogue's Curse, Wolfrider to mention just a few.

You can stick with the collections to follow my suggestions ... Elfquest Vol. 2 is a read for "completation" when everything else is done in my opinion.

Don't hesitate to ask in case you need more information - or help to find some issues/collections.

Good read!

EDIT: added one or two infos and fixed annoying typos

Johnno

@Eyeshigh - Ok, cool. Thanks!

@Thornbrake - Oh, I'm sure I'm going to love the B&W versions. Mine just haven't arrived yet so I haven't been able to look closely at the artwork. Well, the first 19 issues haven't arrived. I have issues #20 & #21 but don't want to look too closely at them because I'm only up to issue #15 and don't want to spoil any surprises for myself. That's pretty hard to do when reading a series of comics that started 36 years ago! Realistically, I don't plan to work too hard at it after I finish the Original Quest.

@RedheadEmber - Thanks for the clarification. I went online and read 'Troll Games & Soul Names' last night and loved it! Quite a significant moment between Cutter and Skywise. Wow! Just... Wow!

@travelbug - Ooh! I hadn't even thought about comics that were originally in color being reprinted in B&W. I imagine that would be a definite drop in sharpness of the drawings.

@Embala - Definitely love at first sight! In fact, it was right here:

First Sight

And... wow! You may not have provided me with 'The Ultimate Reader's Guide' but it certainly is tremendously helpful! I didn't even know some of those existed! It seems there will be plenty for me to read and collect for a long time to come. Thank you!

Thornbrake

Johnno said: And... wow! You may not have provided me with 'The Ultimate Reader's Guide' but it certainly is tremendously helpful! I didn't even know some of those existed! It seems there will be plenty for me to read and collect for a long time to come. Thank you!

Elfquest fandom is pretty awesome. Like the elves themselves (well most of 'em) we are a friendly, supportive and generally loving bunch! :x

Embala

I am glad to be of service. :)

Bearclaw3

John no I've been collecting EQ since the marvel issue #1 was first available at the book store in the mall! My advice TO you is simply read and reread every page, WENDYs art Is very much like a davinci masterpiece you have tosoak up every pageIs NOT so much about "reading and rereading every word IS important but Wendy's beautiful art work tells it's own great story! Enjoy every small change in every elfs face, and the trolls and the humans and especially the wolfs!IF you find yourself starring at every page of every issue you will see the deeper side of every elves personal life's for example when leetah finally accepts recognition with cutter just look at the way Wendy draws leetah's playful ways of toying with cutter! Trust me on this one, the best art is in the black and white issue in the black and white issues the art IS very crisp, the marvel collection, IT always seemed to me the art was softer, and IF any of your friends enjoy great art ( wendyand Richards WARP graphics will not disappoint your friends! You see when I discovered the quest I bought 4 issue #1's and passed them out to some of my better friends (this was 1985! And ONE of thoose friends STILL has the issue ONE I gave him 30 some odd years later he still loves the quest!! I knew he would understand, I'd still have mine except I'm a air force brat(my mom and dad were in The American Air Force so my comic book collections turned up missing in shipping from Germany!(we were there for 7 years! Out of all the missing comic books... Elf quest, G.I. Joe, trans formers,and teenage mutant ninja turtles! If I had all of these collections today, I could sell(but still wouldn't!) them all and send my daughter to the college she already wants to go to (she's 13 years old!

Bearclaw3

Just about everybody here would tell you to look at every expression on sky wises face!

Johnno

@Bearclaw3 - I'm beginning to see what everyone is talking about regarding the black and white issues. My WARP Graphics black and white print issues arrived in time for me to read the part in issue #17 with, what I've heard called 'The Orgy'. I could definitely notice the subtleties of the artwork. In the color version, we see Cutter and Leetah making love in the foreground and Rayek wearing a very solomn expression while he is with a woman in the background. When I saw the black and white version, I noticed that Rayek's eyes are actually not on the woman he is with, but looking out of the corner of his eye at Leetah and Cutter. It makes the scene a lot more intense and heartfelt.

A couple of pages later, Guttlekraw is almost totally in shadow while sitting on his throne, with just white highlights giving him form... so much more powerful in black and white than in color - though the color version is still really, really good.

I agree with you, I am going to have to go back to the beginning and read the WARP Graphics ones that arrived two days ago, just to look at the artwork.

Funny that you mention Skywise. I've been looking very closely to his facial expressions as well as his body language since the very beginning. I can certainly identify with him more easily than I can with any of the others!

RedheadEmber

Pretty sure 'the woman' is Kahvi.

Johnno

Ah! Didn't recognize her without her hat. ;)

RichardPini

Welcome! :-@

WildBlossom

Has anybody else here started reading in color and then collected the B&W versions? Do you have a preference? It seems I always feel that my first exposure to something is "the authentic experience" and anything that comes later is a variation from what I perceive as "the norm", even though I know I'm doing it backwards from the folks who've been around from the beginning in 1978. I'd be interested in hearing other folks' opinions on color and B&W versions.

I started off with color, but have slowly been collecting original issues in B&W and love both!! For me I find the B&W work so tempting, the line work is so beautiful, I want to color them myself and have to hold back!

If you can find a copy, I recommend the Elfquest Gatherum. Has plenty of interviews and commentary from the Pini's about the progression of Elfquest from creation to what we have now. There is also plenty of commentary from others about the impact that Elfquest had on comics and story telling. Worth every penny!

Tamarien ChangeStone

Welcome indeed !

I must say I am a little wistful about your opportunity to read every thing for the first time.

My favorite-by far- is still ELFQUEST Journey to Sorrows End, the novel. By Ace Books circa 1982. A dozen of my favorite illustrations, not seen anywhere else, in a free form inking style that still makes me giddy with happiness to see - even today.

Bearclaw3

ember you're right the lady elf rayek was kinda, with was kahvi you do remember that she had rayek's little girl! I read about her in one of the latter series!

Bearclaw3

My biggest piece of advice for the new to the world of "Two moons" would be buy as much of the first series (BLACK and WHITE issues as (WARP graphics!)you can lay your fingers on! The "NO color art is so much better is one hundred percent more detailed than the Marvel issues the facial expressions(yes even on strongbow!) NO it's not that the art IS different, it's just that the black and white issues seem to have finer details! Even the wolves expressions are way better!

RedheadEmber

Personally I like the coloured versions on the site quite well. Don't know what they're scanned from, think a German print, but could be wrong.

Embala

The Original Quest isfrom the DC Archives edition - a comparably new reprint and coloring.
Siege and Kings could be from "The Complete Elfquest" (Someone who KNOWS help, please?), HY and Shards and some others were originally published in color (and changed to b/w in the later issues only).

The German (European) coloring is only for and the following series (on DEQ):
- last few issues of HIDDEN YEARS and SHARDS
- DREAMTIME in color
- KAHVI in color

Thornbrake

Tamarien ChangeStone said: A dozen of my favorite illustrations, not seen anywhere else, in a free form inking style that still makes me giddy with happiness to see - even today.

Those are pretty amazing, as is the book. You can see the sketches (and original layout drafts of them) right here.

Tamarien ChangeStone

Wow ! Thank you for highlighting these THORNBRAKE. What a lovely look into Wendy's processing.

It is always a joy to see how artist' work up to a finished drawing.

Thornbrake

So, @Johnno, how's the reading going?

Johnno

Well, @Thornbrake, I now own the Warp Graphics magazine size B&W issues of the original Quest, the Siege at Blue Mountain and Kings of the Broken Wheel comics, too. I have read through all of these and have to say that I like having a book in my hands, whether in color or in black and white (though I agree, the artwork is so much clearer in b&w).

Ebay has been a great resource for building my collection. I was able to get the whole Hidden Years series and am slowly working my way through them.

I've gotten distracted, though, by the novels! While waiting for Book 4 of the Donning/Starblaze versions of ElfQuest to arrive, I picked up a copy of Journey to Sorrow's End and tossed it into my bag to read on my lunch break. Wow! I love the depth that the story takes on when presented in this format! @Mkal, you were so right! Thanks for the suggestion. I already have The Quest Begins on the shelf for when I finish the first one.

I also have the special issue of The Final Quest, along with issues 1-5 but am waiting to read them until I get farther along in the story.

I am really, really enjoying ElfQuest! I've even gotten an ElfQuest t-shirt (35 years of pointed ears) and an ElfQuest The World of Two Moons coffee mug! Drinking out of it right now, in fact.

Long day! Brain's fried! Need sleep! Have more to say and more questions but they'll have to wait 'til tomorrow night. @Thornbrake, did I answer your question? Those 12-hour shifts really take their toll! Hope I didn't ramble too much.

Oh! Finally, @RichardPini I just want to say thanks to you and Wendy for responding to my email. It's so cool that you'd take the time to connect with a fan. (Jo Rowling never did, ya know!) ;)

Thornbrake

Johnno said: I am really, really enjoying ElfQuest! I've even gotten an ElfQuest t-shirt (35 years of pointed ears) and an ElfQuest The World of Two Moons coffee mug! Drinking out of it right now, in fact.

Our work here is done. You are officially TOTALLY hooked.
:x

travelbug

Johnno, lucky you who have the entire story unfolding in front of you :) :)

( I wish it was me who got to read it all from the start for the first time, at leat I get to feel the exitement throught Final Quest)

If you at some point dont find what you're looking for at ebay, you could try atomic avenue.
I had luck there when looking for the more rare issues.

Johnno

Thornbrake said: Our work here is done. You are officially TOTALLY hooked.

Yep! Totally! But speaking from 13 years of experience as an ER nurse, I can truthfully say that there are much worse things to be hooked on!

Seriously though, I'm having a blast reading everything and learning these elves personalities and histories.

@Bearclaw3 - I did just that, I got the original series in black and white and am amazed by the quality of the artwork. It's easier to see the attention to detail without the color. Sometimes I'm distracted by the colors. Of course, I'm distracted by shiny objects, too!

Tamarien ChangeStone said: My favorite-by far- is still ELFQUEST Journey to Sorrows End, the novel. By Ace Books circa 1982. A dozen of my favorite illustrations, not seen anywhere else, in a free form inking style that still makes me giddy with happiness to see - even today.

I was surprised to see the illustrations in the novel as I was reading. So beautiful! I'm actually taking my time and savoring this book. There is just so much depth, I want to soak it all in and then go back and read the comics again with all that new info fresh in my mind.

So, yeah @Thornbrake, TOTALLY hooked! I'm even considering attempting to attend a CON of some sort so I can get a chance to see/meet Wendy and Richard. Never attended one before and not too sure how to go about finding info on them. The biggest cities near me are St. Louis and Chicago, but the only CONs I've heard of are in New York or California. Do you have any advice?

Thornbrake

Johnno said: So, yeah @Thornbrake, TOTALLY hooked! I'm even considering attempting to attend a CON of some sort so I can get a chance to see/meet Wendy and Richard. Never attended one before and not too sure how to go about finding info on them. The biggest cities near me are St. Louis and Chicago, but the only CONs I've heard of are in New York or California. Do you have any advice?

Wendy and Richard usually post their con schedule here and on Facebook, so be on the lookout for that. Generally the last few years they've been at San Diego Comic-Con International, New York Comic Con, Phoenix Comic Con, Emerald Con, Bent-Con -- but it changes from year to year.

Mkal

Johnno said: Thanks for the suggestion.

Now you need to find the "Blood of Ten Chiefs" anthologies...

Johnno

@Mkal - So far I've located volumes 1 - 5. Are there any others?
Sheesh! If I keep up this massive buying spree, I'm not going to get anything for Christmas. ;)
Just bought "In All But Blood" (LOVE eBay). Pricey, but something I absolutely must have in my collection.

Mkal

Dark Hours (volume 5) was the last one...

Johnno

Great, thanks!

travelbug

Vol 6 was planned but never published

Johnno

@travelbug - So does that mean that the books don't cover the entire 20 issue series?

travelbug

I'd say the books go way past the 20 issues of comics.
The comics are parts of the five books. But the books have a lot of stories and details that never has been turned into comics.
Some of the comic issues are some parts of one story, and some of another. Like they had to make the story a lot shorter to fit into a comic issue.

Startear

What are the non-BoTC novels called?

Mkal

Startear asked:|

"What are the non-BoTC novels called? "

There is Journey to Sorrow's End, The Quest Begins, and Captives of Blue Mountain.

Mkal

Thornbrake said: Our work here is done. You are officially TOTALLY hooked.

Tee-hee!

Mkal

There were aspects that where never revealed, but hinted at in the 5th book. Maybe with the renewed interest in EQ, book 6 might make its appearance.

We can hope.

Johnno

I'm curious what these aspects might be.