ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

I'm editing the Elfquest Wikia and I've got questions for you all.

skyefire27

Hello, I've been a long time fan of Elfquest but recently I discovered just how lacking the elfquest wikia is in information. Considering how under-appreciated the series is as a whole I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Anyways, the first thing I really wanted to do was add a nice big informative "publications" page. Because if one thing is for certain, the publication history of EQ is crazy confusing, and I have yet to find a totally comprehensive guide with EVERY SINGLE PUBLICATION LISTED. Alright so here's what it looks like now. Yeah it's pretty scarce but hey I'm doing this all on my own, it'll take some time. Anyways, here are my questions for you.

1. If you'd look at the link I posted, am I missing any editions? I know it might be hard to tell with only titles, but does it look like I've forgotten any? Also are there any glaring errors you can see right away?

2. Have you also had as much trouble finding information on the publications of EQ? I've found a number of helpful pages, but they always seem to be missing a bit of information, or only talking about a handful of the editions. Are there any pages you found (and that I may find) useful in this little quest?

3. Is there anything you'd like me to include in this publications guide? This wikia page is for everyone to benefit from. I want people to have a question and be able to promptly answer it through this page. What information can I include that you would like?

Now again, I've already got a few links "done" and this is a very, VERY rough draft of the page that is up right now. But in the end, my goal is to have every single book, monthly release, and series with its own informative page. I'm already going to be including on each page the general info (author/illustrator/editing/color, year of release, publisher, etc.), the storyline that the book covers, and a brief synopsis of what happens.

Thank you everyone! If you have any information or opinions on the matter (regardless of the 1,2,3 questions) please let me know! I'm just excited to undergo this mission. :]

ps- this is going to be an ongoing thing, so never think your comment is too late in the discussion. please let me know any opinions you may have!

Embala

Ambitious project, skyefire27! Best of luck.

When you go for ALL publications the comic viewer on Elfquest.com would be a good start:
http://elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics/digitalEQ.html

After a VERY fast look on your listing I miss all the "single issue publications" of
- Siege at Blue Mountain
- Kings of the Broken Wheels
- Hidden Years
- Shards
- Blood of Ten Chiefs
- New Blood
- Wavedancers #1
- Kahvi
- Two-Spear
- Jink
- The Rebels
- Elfquest Volume 2
and everything that's listed on the linked page under "Short Stories and Miscellany"

A lot of the storylines I've mentioned are reprinted in the "Elfquest Reader's Collection" you have already listed.

Do your ambitions include translated publications in Europe as well?

skyefire27

Thank you, that's a great link! I hadn't looked at the online comic viewer in some time, I'm pleased to see they added so much. And yes, the single issue publications are definitely missing. I'll add those asap, but to be quite honest I know absolutely nothing about them or how they were originally released. Do you have any information on them? And no, I hadn't even thought of any translated publications! I would love to add that as well. If you have any information on them please let me know. Thanks!

Tam

What I would value most about such a list is the ability to click on the issue and see what's in it. Especially for issues in like...Elfquest #2, New Blood, Hidden Years, etc. So like...if I were to click on Hidden Years, I could see a table of contents of what's inside. Hidden Years #1: this is the story of Tyleet's human son, Little Patch. Hidden Years #2: this is the story of Skywise's birth. Hidden Years #3: Strongbow and his wolf contract the foaming sickness. (I don't know if any of those are right! Just examples) Just an easier way to find what I'm looking for, because I often forget which stories are where, and I have to go clicking all over the place.

skyefire27

Thanks for the comment Tam! And I'm glad to hear that is something you would like to see, it was probably one of the things that set me on this task. I too forget which stories are within which books, so I'll definitely be including that. :]

Thornbrake

This is awesome! Just shared this on the EQ Facebook Fan Group page. There's over 3,000 members and it's pretty active so hopefully you'll get some good input.

Silvermane

Hi! Great endeavor indeed just wanted to say you forgot classic eq hardcover number 9 Rogue's Challenge. Hope this helps and good luck!

Llannen

This:

Tam said: What I would value most about such a list is the ability to click on the issue and see what's in it.

I may go through all my books and look to see if anything missing....nice endeavor!

Mkal

One other thing that might be good to add is when we hear of a character/wolf passing, there should be reference to where this happens.

Rain the healer murdered by Madcoil (EQ (original quest) issue #4)
Nightrunner passes away (EQ (original quest) issue#12)
Lord Voll and One-Eye killed (EQ (original quest) issue #15)
Choplicker passes away (Wild Hunt graphic novel, (Book 11b in EQ Reader's Collection) page 89)

Things like that. I know that there are some times when people wonder "When did so and so die? How did it happen and where can I find it?"

Mkal

Also, in the description you have of the WaRP version of the OQ, you say the it begins with issue #2. That is not correct. Inside the cover page, they referred to the Fantasy Quarterly as "the little number one". WaRP's #1 is #1, it is technically the second time that we are introduced to Cutter and the Wolfriders, but it is still labelled as #1.

It throws confusion to people if you say that WaRP EQ begins with #2. The WaRP #1 is not an exact copy of the FQ version.

:)

skyefire27

Thank you everyone for replying! Let me address each of you-

Silvermane, Thank you, I've added Rogue's Challenge as the hardcover. However I also have it listed under the Reader's Collection... is this incorrect? Also, is Hidden Years considered a part of the Classic Hardcover series?

Mkal, I think that's also important information. Perhaps for each issue I'll have an optional section of "important events" or something like that and I'll note any deaths, births, recognitions, etc. I believe that most of the characters have their deaths listed on their pages, but at the moment I'm focusing on the publications so I can't be 100% sure. Also, yeah I was somewhat unsure about that information. On the Elfquest Wikipedia page it reads that after Fantasy Quarterly folded "...the Pinis started publishing with Elfquest #2... This story continued the Elfquest tale started in Fantasy Quarterly. Later, the Pinis' company WaRP Graphics would reprint the story from Fantasy Quarterly as Elfquest #1 with a new front cover and full color portrait print for the rear cover." I just meant that chronologically they started printing with the second one, and went back later and reprinted the first. Is this information incorrect or do you think I should just word it differently?

Thornblake, Llannen, Thanks for the support! I wasn't sure whether or not people cared about organization as much as me haha, but you seem to appreciate what I'm trying to do. Thanks :]

RedheadEmber

When you're done with the publications you could move on to character bios. :-j
Dunno if it's you who've added the bit about Teir being the grandson of Dewshine.

skyefire27

BIG FAT EDIT: Okay first I thought it was funny that you said it listed Dewshine as his grandmother but then I checked the official bio on this site and thats what it says. I'm totally unversed in the Tier storyline so could someone confirm what exactly the correct information is?

Silvermane

Hi again! If I'm not mistaken their are two different" Rogue's" books. Challenge published by Father tree press in 1994 I have that copy and then there is Curse which was published first in the WaRp second series titled also ElfQuest then published again completely in the Reader's Collection. :-D

skyefire27

Thanks Silvermane, when I originally saw those it confused the hell out of me. Especially since they have the same cover :P I'll change that too.

Silvermane

Oh yeah Challenge takes place in short story form right after Kings of the broken wheel and Curse right after Shards.

RedheadEmber

skyefire27 said: edit: wait a second, now i'm confused. it says on his official bio that he's windkin's son...

He is. Son of Windkin and Kahvi. >:>

Delhya

I don't know if the word Chimeric is a accurate way to describe Timmorn? Hybrid or halfblooded. I think in a combination of three when I hear that term. >shrugs< ^_^

Thornbrake

skyefire27 said: could someone confirm what exactly the correct information is?

The correct information is in the character profiles on eq.com. Which sort of begs the question, is there a need to duplicate this info on the Wiki?

Thornbrake

Yes, there are two different books dealing with Rayek. They use the same cover art and have similar titles, so there is often confusion.

Rogue's Challenge is a graphic novel that collects issues #6 through #9.5 of the Hidden Years series with bridging art between the individual comic issues. It tells Rayek's backstory and the events immediately after Kings of the Broken Wheel. It was published in hardcover and is out of print. These stories and the bridging art were also published in the Elfquest manga #14 by DC Comics, but the bridging art is not on the EQ digital comics section.
Rogues Challenge Cover

Rogue's Curse is a graphic novel that collects the serialized story of the same name from the EQ Vol. 2 anthology series. It was published in softcover as part of the EQ Reader's Collection. It tells the story of Rayek as the jailkeeper to Winnowill's spirit after Shards. It is also out of print but is available in the EQ digital comics section.
Rogues Curse Cover

Silvermane

Thanks Thornbrake! I'm so confusing but wanted to help ;-) Highones I even confused myself * face palm * :-P

Embala

skyefire27 said: And yes, the single issue publications are definitely missing. I'll add those asap, but to be quite honest I know absolutely nothing about them or how they were originally released. Do you have any information on them?
I think most of the informations you need should be found in the Online comics. And I have most of the issues in my collection if needed.
What sort of information would you like to get an fill in at first? I'm willing to help when I can, skyefire27.

skyefire27 said: And no, I hadn't even thought of any translated publications! I would love to add that as well. If you have any information on them please let me know. Thanks!
I can help with the German editions.

I know that there are more or less short living publications from France, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden(?) and Norway as well.

travelbug

It published in Finland too

skyefire27

Thornblake- Well the point of a wikia is to have all information on a topic compiled into one space, it is supposed to be an encyclopedia afterall. However, I'm really trying to focus on the publications right now anyways, I wasn't the one who started the wikia nor did I do much editing of the character bios. Perhaps after this absurd endeavor is done I'll mess around with the rest of the site. And thank you for the complete info on Rogues Challenge vs. Rogues Curse, I'll say it's definitely not easy keeping things clear when so many of the series names are somewhat ambiguous.

Embala- Thank you very much! At the moment I'm going through a few of the books I have in my possession, (some checked out from the library) and recording some of the less interesting, but still rather vital information to those trying to identify the books. ISBN numbers, publication dates, boring etc. stuff. Along with that, I'm slowly making my way through the Marvel 1985 reissues, uploading cover art and typing up a brief synopsis for each. I suppose the most help I'll need would be on some of the short stories you mentioned. Like I'm not entirely sure what the single issue of Siege at Blue Mountain is, or what it contains, same with the rest of the list that you typed. How were these issues released, who were the publishers at the time, were they in color, etc. I'm just not entirely sure what the "single issues" are. Also, what exactly is Elfquest Volume 2? I know absolutely nothing about these issues besides what is seen in the comic viewer. As for the translated EQ, I think that rather than having a separate section for them, I will mention on a series' or issue's page that it was translated for -insert region here-. All I need to know is which ones had translated versions. Unless of course there are differences between the translated versions and the english version, then that's a whole other can of worms and I'll probably give that its own section. If any of that was confusing please tell me, it got a little winded at bits... ^^;

Travelbug- Thanks :]

Embala

This might help for your ongoing work right now, Skyefire27 (in case you havn't discovered it already).
The publication history: http://elfquest.com/bibliography/

This might help for a fast overview - it connects cover art to the single issues:
Cover art: http://elfquest.com/comic-covers/

Embala

Please note that the following is far from a "complete review" - I give examples and work with my memory ;) without looking up things.

About "Siege" and "Kings" single issues:
You have listed the WaRP publication ElfQuest #1 to #20 (the Original Quest) and #21.
This was continued by Siege at Blue Mountain #1 to #8 and Kings of the Broken Wheel #1 to #9.
It was reprinted in b/w in the Readers Collection (b/w):
#1 to #4 cover the Original Quest, #5 and #6 Siege and #7 to #8 Kings.
and in color in Classic Father Tree Press Elfquest #1-4, #5-6, #7-#8.
Elfquest #1 - #20 - the Original Quest - was reprinted more often, i.e. the Donning Starblaze publication and the DC Elfquesrt Archive and most recently by Dank Horse.

About Elfquest Volume 2:
It's a publication of 32 or 33 single issues. Each issue holds several storylines that are continued in the following issues. Most of these storylines were reprinted as Readers Collection books (i.e. Wolfrider!, Dreamtime, Rogue's Curse and more).
Elfquest Volume 2 holds more storylines and single shots than were Reprinted as Readers Collections, tho.

Embala

Looks like it would be a good start for me to start with info about the single issues the original WaRP "Magazine" including Siege and Kings.

Tell me more about the "boring stuff" you need? Publisher, publication date (I'm clueless about ISBN numers) and a synopsis?

Can you tell me which bublications you ACTUALLY know and have read? It would be helpful to pin down the others in relation to it.
You know - if The Readers Collection - A Cry from Beyond is familiar to you it would be easy to say "... that's the story covered by "Siege at Blue Mountain #1 to #4".

Oh ... please don't count too much on me, skyefinre27. I am truely interested to help - otherwise I wouldn't have offered. I have ne clue about the requirements and rules of "wiki" posts. And I will not dive in and start working like mad. ^^ Would be more like a long-time-project between other tasks and interests.

I promise to help when you have special questions as far as I know or can help to look up something. The clearer the "task" you give me the faster and better my responses will be.
I have a pretty good collection of the various publication - cover art scans are something I can provide as well.

skyefire27

Wow Embala thank you very much, I really appreciate it. Okay so first off, the siege/kings was just a continuation, I see now. Then I suppose I'm just not sure how I should have them listed. If they were published in the same way as the original 1-20, then I would like them under the same category, however it seems they use the same numbers as the original quest, which may be confusing for people. If all that information I just said is correct, then I'll just make a separate category for the siege/kings series directly after the WaRP Original Quest.

And as for Elfquest Volume 2 do you know exactly how they were printed? Like was it the same WaRP magazine style single issue? Were they in both black and white and color?

As for the boring stuff, under each page I'm calling it "Copyright Information". Basically, its the credits at the beginning of each book or chapter on who did the script, letters, colors, etc., who it was published by, and what the isbn number is. For reference, you can check out this page that I finished a little while ago. That's basically what I want to do for every book and possibly even single issue.

And that's a good idea, I've read all of the original quest, as well as Siege-Kings of the Broken Wheel, but I've mostly just read them through the Readers Collection. I've read both 2 and 3 of the DC archives, so I know a few of the short stories in them. I've also read Rogue's Challenge, Dreamtime, Hidden Years, New Blood, Wolfrider, Blood of Ten Chiefs, Kahvi, The Searcher and the Sword, and A Gift of Her Own. I haven't read any of the single issues by WaRP, Marvel, or Dark Horse. So I'm probably missing a lot of the little shorts.

I truly do appreciate all your help, as of right now I'm still getting settled into what exactly my task is, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to need help with yet haha. I suppose at the moment I'm just looking for input still :] Is there anything that you in particular would like seeing in this archive? Any information that you once had trouble finding and think others would find useful?

RedheadEmber

Thornbrake said: Rogue's Challenge is a graphic novel that collects issues #6 through #9.5 of the Hidden Years series with bridging art between the individual comic issues. It tells Rayek's backstory and the events immediately after Kings of the Broken Wheel. It was published in hardcover and is out of print. The bridging art has never been published elsewhere

1. I actually thought it was HY 9.5 on it's own that was 'Rogue's Challenge'

2. It makes a lot of sense that HY 8 and 9 are in a collective series about Rayek, but HY 6 and 7? Aren't they the 'How Shall I Keep From Singing?' story?

3. 'Rogue's Challenge' and 'Rogue's Curse' has the same cover art? Now that's just majorily confusing.

Thornbrake said: The correct information is in the character profiles on eq.com. Which sort of begs the question, is there a need to duplicate this info on the Wiki?

Maybe not the full bios, but just the info box at the side. Fx here in Kahvi's "box"

Children

Vaya†, Venka, Teir (implied)

I'd say the "implied" bit next to Teir could be removed.

And then links to the official bios could be placed with each character. B-)

skyefire27

Redheadember- Rogue's Challenge (I have the book in front of me now) was book 9 of the Father Tree Press editions. In order the chapters go Daughter's Day (where rayek goes hunting again), How Shall I Keep From Singing Pt 1 & 2 (The High Ones stories which focuses mainly on a high one that Rayek must have descended from), The Enemy's Face (Rayek and Leetah's past), and Rogue's Challenge (where Cutter and Rayek duke it out). Then between all these there are bridging pages.

Also the other thing about wikias is that things can be written that the official bios lack. The fan's reception of characters, theories on lineage or whereabouts, images to show a character's change over time, and other things that official pages wouldn't have can help complete the full encyclopedia idea that is a wikia. Eventually I would like to go back and edit the characters as well and also link to the official bios, plus any online comics that are pertinent to their history. The other reason why I think it's a good idea to have all the information available in two places is simply because sometimes this website can be rather slow. Lately I'm can't even get the comic viewer to load in under 10 minutes. A wikia is meant to be your one-stop source for all encompassing information on something, and luckily, their no-nonsense design makes for quick loading times.

Thornbrake

RedheadEmber said: 1. I actually thought it was HY 9.5 on it's own that was 'Rogue's Challenge'

2. It makes a lot of sense that HY 8 and 9 are in a collective series about Rayek, but HY 6 and 7? Aren't they the 'How Shall I Keep From Singing?' story?

3. 'Rogue's Challenge' and 'Rogue's Curse' has the same cover art? Now that's just majorily confusing.

I think the title of the story of issue 9.5 was indeed "Rogue's Challenge" which is no doubt why they chose it for the collected graphic novel of Rayek's post-Kings story arc. The "How Shall I Keep From Singing" issues were woven into Rayek's tale through the bridging art in the graphic novel.

Thornbrake

skyefire27 said: Also the other thing about wikias is that things can be written that the official bios lack. The fan's reception of characters, theories on lineage or whereabouts, images to show a character's change over time, and other things that official pages wouldn't have can help complete the full encyclopedia idea that is a wikia. Eventually I would like to go back and edit the characters as well and also link to the official bios, plus any online comics that are pertinent to their history.

Sounds great!

skyefire27 said: The other reason why I think it's a good idea to have all the information available in two places is simply because sometimes this website can be rather slow. Lately I'm can't even get the comic viewer to load in under 10 minutes.

Hmmm, that's odd. This site loads immediately and quickly for me, and always has. I wonder what's up with that. @Rob might have some insight.

skyefire27

Thornbrake said: Hmmm, that's odd. This site loads immediately and quickly for me, and always has. I wonder what's up with that. @Rob might have some insight.

Yeah it's pretty annoying, not exactly ideal for my research here >.< And mind you I'm using a macbook pro, so I know it's not my computer. Though I will say that it wasn't always like this. In previous years with different layouts, I had no trouble navigating the site at all, but for whatever reason it doesn't want to work for me much nowadays.

Thornbrake

skyefire27 said: I'm using a macbook pro, so I know it's not my computer.

Definitely odd. I use a MacBook Pro too. I know sometimes if the site is being backed up or maintenance is happening it can run slowly, but that's very rare.

skyefire27

Thornbrake said: Definitely odd. I use a MacBook Pro too. I know sometimes if the site is being backed up or maintenance is happening it can run slowly, but that's very rare.

Hmph. Well then this is rather perplexing isn't it? I'll try restarting sometime and see if that makes any difference

RedheadEmber

BTW @skyefire27, would you be interested in puplication stories outside US? I can help you a bit with Denmark.
In fact I think there might be a thread with lists from various other countries somewhere on the scroll.

Embala

skyefire27 said: then I'll just make a separate category for the siege/kings series directly after the WaRP Original Que
Makes sense!

skyefire27 said: And as for Elfquest Volume 2
They are published by WaRP, not magazine style but like the the modern issues in size.
And there are other storylines published between "ElfQuest - OQ, Siege, Kings" and "Elfquest Volume ", taking place at various points in the timeline.
You definitely need two lists:
- the publications avvording to the release time
- and the published stories according to the timeline
... I'll try to give you some fast overview this weekend, okay? I'm afraid the task is even nore voluminous than you've thought.

skyefire27 said: As for the boring stuff, under each page I'm calling it "Copyright Information".
I'll look it up and try to start with this.
Any series I should start with? I suggest the very first ones by WaRP: Elfquest (what I call the Original Quest), Siege at Blue Mountain, Kings of the broken Wheel.
Or would you like to get something else first?

As far as I get it you are familiar with most of the EQ stories - but mainly via Readers Collection. Right?
Then I can refer to those when I want to tell you what the single issues cover. :)
Looks like all you miss (basically) from the main storyline is Discovery - following The Searcher and the Sword - and the brand new Final Quest. Do you mind spoilers?

I can cover you with input! XD Shout STOP before you drown. ^^
What I would like to find ... respectively have missed?
- an overview about the story lines - how the different stories belong in the timeline. (there's a timeline on EQ.com ... must give you the link)
- informations which stories are original, which are reprints, which issues are covered by the reprints and which are not (I have made some lists about this ;) ) ... what's b/w and what's colored.
- and there should be information what's drawn by Wendy and what's done be other artists.

And a synopsis ... I don't really mind spoilers.

Thornbrake

RedheadEmber said: BTW @skyefire27, would you be interested in puplication stories outside US? I can help you a bit with Denmark.

I think that would be awesome to have on the Wiki. I don't think this is collected in one place anywhere.

Thornbrake

Embala said: I can cover you with input! XD Shout STOP before you drown. ^^

haha, I can almost HEAR your enthusiasm, @Embala!

Embala

This timeline is very helpful for understanding and for a "what happened when in which issue": http://elfquest.com/timeline/
It picks single events from the story and flashbacks - can become confusing for your task to go issue by issue.

When you want to classify the issue you get a good overview here: http://elfquest.com/eqchronology/

The publication history: http://elfquest.com/bibliography/ ... I've already linked this one?

In case your loading issues with this side strike again we'll find another way to make this available for you, skyefire27. :)

Embala

Here is an excellent description of the Reader's Collection books: http://elfquest.com/readerscollection/

When I take these books for a start and list the "singles issues series" I'm talking about in comparism to them - would this be helpful? I still try to find a way you can relate to best, skyefire27. ;)

Embala

I've learned the hard way NOT to be enthusiastic about anything, @Thornbrake.

skyefire27

RedheadEmber- If you could find that thread with the translated editions please let me know! Otherwise I'll just keep it in the back of my mind and look for it later.

Embala- Okay so first of all before I actually create pages for each individual issue or add any more information to the ones already created, I want to have the entire list correctly written out on the main publication page. So that means I'll need to get this siege/kings/shorts in order. And as for the timeline vs. chronological publications, I was thinking of a separate list for showing each issue in the timeline, but those have already been created so at the moment I think i'd just rather link to it than create me own. That would be another project altogether somewhat. For now, I'm just trying to have the list ordered by when they were released. SO, what I really need right now is just to make sure I have things in the correct order for when I put them into the master list. I've been using this website a lot, but some things are still unclear. If I were to order them purely by release date, not where they fall in the storyline, is it Siege (1987-1988) then Kings (1990-1992) and then Holiday Special (1993), then NB Special (1993), then Wavedancers (1993-1994), BoTC (1993-1995), Jink (1994-1996), Shards (1994-1996), The Rebels (1994-1996), Essential Elfquest (1995), Kahvi (1995-1996), Two-Spear (1995-1996), Metamorphoses (1996), Wavedancers Special (1996), and finally Elfquest Volume 2 (1996-1999). After that we've got KC (1997), Worldpool (1997), and EQ Summer Special (1997). Is that it for the single issues? I couldn't find anymore singles that were issues by WaRP. Once it gets into Dark Horse I can do that separately.

skyefire27

Oh and also Embala, on my list right now I have The Searcher and The Sword and Discovery grouped together under DC misc, just because they weren't really part of the archives DC released, but they're not Dark Horse either. I think I'll move the archives though so that they flow into the misc. ones, and then have the dark horse immediately after that. The full groups themselves could use some rearranging yet. xP

RedheadEmber

skyefire27 said: RedheadEmber- If you could find that thread with the translated editions please let me know! Otherwise I'll just keep it in the back of my mind and look for it later.

Went looking for it earlier. Problem is; I've forgotten what it's called...

Embala

skyefire27 said: Is that it for the single issues? I couldn't find anymore singles that were issues by WaRP.
I'll look it up this weekend to give you a reliable start, skyefire27. :)

skyefire27 said: I think I'll move the archives though so that they flow into the misc. ones, and then have the dark horse immediately after that.

Hmm... depends on what is supposed to be your main sorting.
The DC Archive Editions are reprints of ElfQuest #1 to #20 (the Original Quest) with a complete new coloring.

The Searcher and the Sword and The Discovery are a direct continuation and essential part of the main storyline, leading directly to The Final Quest.
Definitely NOT what I'd call "misc".

skyefire27

Well what I meant by misc. was that Searcher and Discovery were released by DC but not part of the Archives, which were the only other things released by them. More than likely I'll change the wording, it's just at the moment I wasn't quite sure where to place them as they were part of the main story, but not released by Dark Horse. And since the archives were released rather recently, I'll probably move them down the page a bit. Again, I really just want this page sorted by release dates rather than story or anything else. But if all the other singles look good (phew! those took work to get straight!) then i'll enter them into the master list and eagerly await any corrections you may have. :]

skyefire27

Oh and fun fact everyone, Comcast is just the devil and that's why the comics weren't loading for me. We got it fixed today so I'm having no trouble with the site again :]

Embala

Corrections? Me?

... hardly ... ;) I hope to give you some help and information. maybe one or two suggestions - more likely: questions. :)

Great to read that you have full access to the site and the comics now, skyefire27. :D

Thornbrake

skyefire27 said: Well what I meant by misc. was that Searcher and Discovery were released by DC but not part of the Archives, which were the only other things released by them.

DC also published and entire manga line of EQ. There were 14 volumes of "The Grand Quest" and 2 volumes of the "Wolfrider" storyline.

skyefire27

Oh jeez Thornbrake you're totally right, I completely forgot about them being by dc. Then I think perhaps I'll list those first, then the archives, and then the "misc" books. >.<

Embala

You've edited and complemented your WaRP editions post, Skyefire! :D Looks good.

Let's see
- ElfQuest (OQ)
- Siege at Blue Mountain (1987-1988)
- Kings of the Broken Wheel (1990-1992)
- Hidden Years #1- #9 (May 1992 - Sep. 1993)
- Holiday Special (1993) = Hidden Years #9 1/2
- Hidden Years #10 - #29 (Jan. 1994 - March 1996)
- New Blood #1 Summer Special (Aug. 1992)
- New Blood #2 - #10 (Oct. 1992 - Oct. 1993)
- New Blood Summer Special (1993)
- New Blood #11 - #35 (Nov. 1993 - Jan. 1996)

- Wavedancers (1993-1994) is not part of EQ anymore? You should ask the admins...
- BoTC (1993-1995)
- Shards (1994-1996) continues what started in Hidden Years #10 - #15
- Jink (1994-1996)
- The Rebels (1994-1996)
- Essential Elfquest (1995)
- Kahvi (1995-1996)
- Two-Spear (1995-1996)
- Metamorphoses (1996)
- Wavedancers Special (1996)
- Elfquest Volume 2 (1996-1999)
- KC (1997), Worldpool (1997)

- Elfquest - The first 20 Years (1998) with interviews, informations and 3 stories:
- - The Heart's Way
- - Homespun
- - Courage, By any Other Name

http://www.comicvine.com/elfquest-the-first-20-years/4050-66010/

EQ Summer Special (1997) is unknown to me - according to your link it is
- Summer Special 2001 Issue 1: Wolfshadow!
- Summer Special 2001 Issue 2: Recognition

That's all I can tell for sure right now.

Saya_Darkwolf

I read something in here about including forgeign translations of Elfquest.

I don't know how good your Dutch is, but a rather complete looking list of the english comics, the dutch comics and other language comics can be foudn here:
http://elfquest.webklik.nl/page/elfquest-catalogus

skyefire27

Thank you everyone for all your help! Sorry I haven't been able to reply in a while, life has been a little hectic lately. I'm probably not going to be able to edit as often as when I first made the publications page, but I just want you all to know I'm not just forgetting about it.

Embala

Keep it a hobby - done for fun and EQ love. It's not supposed to be a secondyry job.

Saya_Darkwolf

I don't think anyone is expecting you to finish it in a week Skyefire ;-)

Something I noticed btw when I was looking for the wikia (curious as I am), when I search around using the menu of the wikia, the publication list you have been working on so hard is not there. It might be a good idea to change the 'comic' link to the new publication list. Would be a waste of your time if nobody ends up at the correct page :)

skyefire27

Thanks guys :] And yes Saya, I would like to add it to the main links very much! However, that is something that only admins on the wikia can do and frankly I have no idea how to become one. Especially considering the current admins haven't been online in years, it's something I definitely need to look into... :/

Saya_Darkwolf

Ay, that's annoying. Maybe you can copy it to the 'comics' main page for now? There is nothing there at the moment.

skyefire27

Great idea, I just added a link there. :] Now I need to do a bit of research on becoming an admin...

Saya_Darkwolf

Now its there for everyone to see, nice!
Good luck on your quest for admin status :)