ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

BoTC novels

Sadachbia

I don't know if this has been asked here before, but are there plans to make the Blood of Ten Chiefs novel anthologies available on the website like the comics? How about the novel adaptations of the Original Quest?

Thanks!

Vaeri

i would enjoy this.

though if they were adding the novels to the website, i would SO appreciate having a multiple zoom in/out option like before....now whenever i zoom in to a page, it's waaay too big!

Sadachbia

Since the novels are all text, no images (at least the BoTC anthologies; I dunno if the adaptations are illustrated), it may work better to have them as text. Certainly it would take up less server space than images.

I don't know what legal/licencing issues may be involved (e.g., does Tor Publishing still have distro rights for the anthologies or if they're held by the IP owner), but since I own book 1 and book 5 of the BoTC anthologies, and plan to purchase the rest, I could easily scan and OCR the books myself. I don't have admin privileges to post them on Elfquest.com, obviously, but Elfpop or whoever else does could easily do so with the text files.

Sadachbia

A minor speedbump in my search on Amazon: if I look for "Journey to Sorrow's End", I want to be sure I'm getting the NOVEL version, not the AUDIOBOOK version. Third-party sellers don't always clearly label that, and obviously, I'd be getting all of these out-of-print books from third parties. I'm also not entirely sure that some of the books that say "novels" are actually prose novels, rather than the manga-size paperback reprint of the Original Quest comic.

I don't suppose there's a unique ID number I can search for? Like a PIN or something? ISBN, I'm guessing, changes from publisher to publisher and edition to edition.

At least the Blood of Ten Chiefs novels have unique titles. >_>

Tam

Too bad y'all don't live in Tucson. Saw the whole set at a used book store the other day...would have snatched them up too if I didn't already own them.

Vaeri

i'm already running out of bookspace as it is....

Sadachbia

Tam: Any chance you could go back, buy them, and have me reimburse you? >.> (I already own BoTC #1 and BoTC #5 [Dark Hours].)

Tam

Sure. :)

Tam

@Sadachbia, the books are in my possession. PM me your address and we can chat shipping. :)

Vaeri

can i have the ones she doesn't need....?^^0

Tam

*laughs* I'm long gone from the bookstore, but I pass by it frequently; next time I do, I'll see if #1 and #5 are still in there. I may still have a spare copy of one of them as well. I'll get back to you on Monday. :)

MultiFacets

If the novels could be put up, I'd love to also see the snippets from the never-published sixth novel included with them. (I'd also love the chance to see "Wolfsong" without any publishing mistakes, like the copies I've owned/own now.)

Tam

I'd rather see Dark Horse re-release them, honestly. Because then maybe that would drum up interest for the sixth book!

travelbug

It would be really great if the sixth book gets published some day :)

Vaeri

much oblieged tam. limited bookspace be damned! XD

it would be nice if these things were put in the archive with the comics...

Sadachbia

I know some excerpts of what would have been the sixth BoTC anthology were published in one of the Elfquest Two serials, but I'm danged if I can remember which one. And I don't remember if they were included in the Elfquest Two scans in the website archives.

I bet Elfmom and Elfpop still have the manuscripts somewhere, or know how to get ahold of them.

Sadachbia

Vaeri, some good news: Elfpop and I have been PM'ing here on the forums, and he says that he and Elfmom still hold the rights to the novels (BoTC/adaptations) and someday they hope to release them in some kind of e-book. :D I like that idea! He didn't give me any kind of time estimate other than "eventually", so I'm going to guess that it's a slightly lower priority than the other irons they have in the fire (like Final Quest). And that's fine with me. The last thing I want is to see their current big project suffer because they're being pulled in too many directions.

Vaeri

well, yay for eventually! nice to know it's a possibility. thanks for letting me know!

also, lucky, getting to talk privately with Elfpop!

Tamarien ChangeStone

SkWheeeee ! ! EEeeeeeBAaaaaay ! !
I just found and bought the Hardcover BoTC #1. Signed by EVERYBODY.

Happy Birthday to me.

Now back to your normally scheduled program. (I couldn't resist)

Vaeri

this is what happens when nerds gather in one place....XD

*facepalm* we brag about the strangest things.(congratulations!)

Sadachbia

Wow, sweet score, Tamarien! Congrats!

Tam

@Vaeri, I was able to pick up #1 and #5 for you; I have a very beat up (but still very readable) #2 if you want it (I'll just give it to you, it's just collecting dust). The books were $4.50 each, and there's shipping. Interested? Send me a PM. :)

Vaeri

@Tam thanks! i had meant to get back to you to let you know not to bother...>.< financial stress, between trying to scrounge money for the renaissance faire, and my yearly vacation/visit to my boyfriend...i suppose hold onto them for me, if you're willing, and i'll see if i can work the finances? if not, feel free to return them and get your money back!(sorry for making you do all this running around!)

Tam

I'll hold on to them; just lemme know when you want them.

Wordweaver

I wish they'd re-release the BoTC and OQ novels as eBooks - that'd be awesome for catching up (I'm missing BoTC 3-5) and re-reading them w/o putting strain on my already somewhat battered old paperbacks ...