ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Maps of ElfQuest

Thornbrake

In another thread, discussion of the maps showing the world of ElfQuest has come up, and there's some confusion. Two maps have been published.

The first was published in the 80s as part of the Chaosium role playing game and shows the lands seen in the Original Quest.

Map WoTM RPG

The second was published in the EQ comics in the 90s and shows the entire planet. The land shown in detail in the first map is the continent of Iceholt in the second map. The "New Land" is the continent of Junsland.

Map of Abode

Later, an updated edition of the second map was published in the Wolfrider's Guide to the World of Two Moons which indicated the location of some more specific places, such as Crest Point in Junsland. There is also a map of the solar system in that book.

How closely Wendy and Richard will stick to these maps in Final Quest remains to be seen.

Knightbird

When they move the Palace. I would not be surprised to see them bring "HearthStone" into play here.

Thornbrake

Knightbird said: When they move the Palace. I would not be surprised to see them bring "HearthStone" into play here.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we'll find out who Trickster is!

Tam

Thornbrake said: How closely Wendy and Richard will stick to these maps in Final Quest remains to be seen.

If they've stuck to it at all. It still doesn't make sense to me, considering how they traveled through OQ.

Thornbrake said: Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we'll find out who Trickster is!

Isn't he a troll? Trickster's clan, from Rahnee's time? He could very well still be alive...

Thornbrake

Tam said: If they've stuck to it at all. It still doesn't make sense to me, considering how they traveled through OQ.

Really? It's all spelled out on the RPG map. Which part is not making sense?

Tam

Thornbrake said: Really? It's all spelled out on the RPG map. Which part is not making sense?

The other map. The World map. These two look like very different worlds, unless Abode has two Forevergreens.

Thornbrake

Tam said: The other map. The World map. These two look like very different worlds, unless Abode has two Forevergreens.

The first map just shows a detail of the continent of Iceholt, the only lands we saw in the Original Quest. The world map shows the whole planet. The Forevergreen is on the continent of Sunholt, south of the Iceholt. I only see Forevergreen on the map once. Keep in mind the the world map is distorted because of the crease down the middle.

Llannen

Thank you....

Tam

Disregard. I just realized what I was doing wrong. Damn it. XD I always put "Forevergreen" and "Forbidden Grove" in the same forest. Now the maps ACTUALLY make sense...

Thornbrake

Tam said: always put "Forevergreen" and "Forbidden Grove" in the same forest.

Ah yes, that would be confusing!

travelbug

The trickster died before the clan found Rahnee, but the descendants of Rahnee and Zarhan and the clan's member could be around

I've never seen the Iceholt map before, thanks for posting it, Thornbrake :)

Eyeshigh

Thank you! Seeing the together makes a lott of sense. It is nice to know I was close to where everything is on the world map.

jaRf

Wouldn't that be an idea also for DarkHorse to make a nice re-print of the map(s)? Elfquest map and timeline or something. A bare map and one with events printed on, or like a transparent layer that you can put on top?

Eyeshigh

I would buy it!!

WildBlossom

Oh geeze! That's a great idea! I would love a giant map of the world of Two Moons to go next to my maps of Middle Earth and Westeros!!

Thornbrake

Sounds like the perfect thing to request of Dark Horse by emailing them at elfquest@darkhorse.com! :)

Eyeshigh

Gonna do it right now!!

Edit: Humbely asked if they would consider selling posters. Specially a map of the WoTM.