ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Help please with understanding

Tiurikko

Currently i'm reading Wild Hunt, and i'm russian, that's why i can't understand everything well enough. Particularly, i can't understand what Ember means by saying "With help from your fur family, no doubt! Hmm. They might be less than welcome come moonrise..." right after Teir made an epic kill of 6 cuphorns with the help of Teir's pack. I guess she is talking about his wolves but why? Does the moonrise have any affect on them? Or is it a lack of language skills that won't let me understand? Can you explain, please? =)

Embala

I vaguely remember the line but cannot find it at the moment. Can you tell the page number, Tiurikko?

My best guess without context: It's about the wolf packs.

Technically there are foreign wolves (Teir's pack) in the territory of the resident Wolfrider pack. Ember considers that there will be fight among the wolves about the territory in general and about the leadership especially.

Have the two different packs met already? If not Ember most likely refers to this upcoming hierarchic encounters.

Tiurikko

Ah, sorry. It's page 112.

The two packs have met already, they killed those cuphorns together under Teir's command.

Embala

Hm... indeed "more than welcome" would be logical for me. Hopefully a native speaker will look in soon ...

Thornbrake

@Tiurikko what Ember is saying here is that Teir made an amazing kill with the help of his wolf pack that's always at his side. But his wolves won't be welcome at moonrise because she wants some special alone time with Teir so they can have sex.

Tiurikko

@Thornbrake Whoa! Didn't think about it in that way ))
Thank you very much for explanation. And thank you, @Embala!

Embala

LOL... havn't considered this tho I've reread the story exactly til this very event.

Now I understand Teir's expression... XD

Thornbrake

Tiurikko said: Thank you very much for explanation.

You're welcome! :-j !Tier