ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Favorite elves VS. Elf selves

manga

How does your favorite elf compare to the elf that is most like you?

As pretty much the whole world knows, Rayek is my favorite. To paraphrase Clearbrook, if you can Recognize a fictional character of a different species ;) , then I've Recognized Rayek.

However, in terms of personality, I am far more like Moonshade than Rayek. I love making things, I'm very loyal to my family and I'm as devoted to my "Way" ( my faith and church) as she is to hers. Even her recent disillisionment echos with me as I tire of muddling about on Earth and wish I could move on to Heaven as she yearns to move on to the Palace.

How about you?

lunakat

That makes sense, Manga. I can definitely see you as being very Moonshade.

My favorite character, hands down, is Skywise. When I was a little kid, I liked him because he was blue. Blue has been my favorite color ever since I was about four. Before that, I liked yellow. These two colors remain my favorites to this day. I grew, later on, to like Skywise for his personality. I like that he is inquisitive, snarky, clever, contemplative, sensitive, sweet, brave, loyal and always stumbling after an intangible dream. I relate to the experience of stumbling after an intangible dream. I also appreciate his study habits. He has strong study skills. He's imaginative yet practical. And he has a scientific streak. I've always liked that in a person- fictional or otherwise. Oh yeah- and he's neat. Just.. neat.

Actually.. my ex was kind of like that. He reminds me of my ex.

But he's not the character I'm most similar to. The character I'm most similar to, I'm afraid, is Ember.

I was a daddy's girl. I was more similar to my dad than my mother. I always felt that I had to live up to his expectations. He was a very accomplished man- and I knew that, while I was smart, there was a good chance I would never be as smart or as capable as he was. I was the dominant kid among my siblings. My younger sister was quieter and more shy. I was a tomboy. I grew up to be a little reckless. In general, I feel that I haven't quite fulfilled my potential. I try really hard- but things go wrong. Like I'm almost living up to what I expected of myself- but not quite. And the personality is very similar.

And get this- my boyfriend is actually very similar to Tier. He's a moody, quiet, sensitive guy. We sometimes joke that he's the girl and I'm the guy in this relationship. He makes that joke.

Oh yeah- and my hair is always in my face.

jaRf

Humm, colours. I do like green but also a lot of other colours. So I don't know if my character choice would be based on colour profiles. :)
Though I admit that Rayek + red \m/ is probably a good combination.

My favourite EQ character is also, obviously, Rayek (but followed by many others, so I can barely say "favourite" or level one much above another one).

My personality ... is hard to estimate. I fear I am a bit multifarious. I do have personality overlap with Rayek (and I think he shows quite a lot of sides) but also with Venka, Redlance or probably also Strongbow. And god knows with whom else.
It is hard for me to estimate myself since it is always a subjective impression that is coloured and toned by the look through my own eyes and perception filters. On the other hand, everybody has a different perception and putting different weight on things.
So I wonder how my friends and relatives would describe me - and how close or far off from the truth that would be. *shrugs*
However, most say I look like an elf. At least that they have in common in their opinion about me. And many would probably describe me as too soft for this world. (makes me a bit Redlance here :x )

RedheadEmber

I dunno... I like to think I'm sorta like Ember (including the going from hyberactive cub to more mature) but maybe it's just because she's my fave.
One thing I definitely have in common with her, though, is the not really wanting children bit.

lunakat said: But he's not the character I'm most similar to. The character I'm most similar to, I'm afraid, is Ember.

No reason to be afraid of being like Ember
:-j

Leanan

My favorite is Skywise... but I think I am more like Yun. I have Skywise's love for the stars, (and his generosity with intimate affections), but like Yun I also feel drawn towards the element of water and the mystery of the oceans. I have a Go-Back attitude in many things, I tend to act first and think later. Oh, and I swear a lot. !Yun

Eyeshigh

Eyes High! Just as simple as that.
I think she was a calm, starloving woman. Doing what she loves, listen to the wishes of others and trying to make others happy (made her Lifemate build her a nest to be close to the stars for Skywise).
I like to believe she is a lott like me that way, although I don't know much about her. I just have that feeling.

RedheadEmber

Leanan said: My favorite is Skywise... but I think I am more like Yun. I have Skywise's love for the stars, (and his generosity with intimate affections), but like Yun I also feel drawn towards the element of water and the mystery of the oceans. I have a Go-Back attitude in many things, I tend to act first and think later. Oh, and I swear a lot.

Your favourite is Skywise, and you're (basically) his daughter.
"Daddy" is your fave!

Leanan

RedheadEmber said: Your favourite is Skywise, and you're (basically) his daughter.
"Daddy" is your fave!

I don't think of it like that. As a fan, I most definitely don't see Skywise as a father figure of any kind. XD

lunakat

He hasn't been a father yet. He fathered a kid, but he didn't raise it.

I don't see why he couldn't be a father.

lunakat

RedheadEmber said: No reason to be afraid of being like Ember

You have a point.

manga

RedHeadEmber said: No reason to be afraid of being like Ember.

I think it depends on what you (any given individual) like or don't about Ember. I mean, I love Rayek, but while I like his drive and vision, I don't like when he runs rough-shod over others. So being like Rayek could be good (drive) it could also be bad (arrogance). The same holds true for other elves.

Leanan

lunakat said: He hasn't been a father yet. He fathered a kid, but he didn't raise it.

I don't see why he couldn't be a father.

I think he feels "fatherly" towards Ember and Sunstream. Cutter's family is very much his also. I'm sure he'd be a great father.