Commenting has moved to the Elfquest homepage! Read more

This forum is no longer active, though you can read the archives. Discussion has moved to elfquest.com itself, where you can comment on individual postings.

Nightfall

edited November -1 in Characters

Comments

• Since the original topic disappeared as well, we should have a new topic about her.
    She's always been one of my favorites for so many reasons. She's a warrior and a mother. She can be fierce and calm. She protects her tribe and her family unconditionally. And she's beautiful :)
    I love what she did for Cutter those 500 years he waited. And ofcourse I love her relation with Redlance. I liked her the most in the oq and satbm, she's gotten a little too über-muscled later. But I still love her!
  • Beautiful and strong and a woman! She totally rocks! She's loyal and devoted and tender (when she needs to be Wink ) and just all things that make for an awesome individual! She's no-nonsense and...yeah, I love this gal! :o
  • yet another character that can be soft and motherly, yet strong and fierce. a great role model for any young reader...
  • Here ya go..for the nightfall thread..a pic of nightfall i drew

• Quote:
    dewshine_lover_1

Here ya go..for the nightfall thread..a pic of nightfall i drew

That's beautiful! And it's a very good likeness of Wendy's style. You've captured Warrior Nightfall perfectly!

And even if Nightfall's a little too musclely for some people lately, I love her just the way she is. I hope when I'm a 500 year old+ grandma that I can be just as sexy as her.
  • I was browsing the web for Elfquest stuff and the I found this.

Verry nice :D
  • That's really neat!

You know, Nightfall is, i think the only perfect character in EQ. She doesn't have a flaw- from what I can tell...

She's sort of the ideal female, in every regard!
  • Here is a lovely pic of my favorite elf's gorgeous mother!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • I also really like this pic of her. It's too cute!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • I don't care what anyone says, that outfit ROCKS!!! :P ...the one where she's actually wearing clothes, one Wink
  • Yeah, that's probably my favorite nof her outfits. It suits her perfectly.
  • Her finger things kinda bug me though... :?
  • I think they're for her to facilitate nocking an arrow. Wink
  • Maybe they're band aids?
  • [color=green:a9649bfd3f]LOL!! I think she's a better archer than that Wink[/color:a9649bfd3f]
  • That's what she wants us to think! Wink
  • They're called finger guards and they're there to help her grip and pull the arrow. If you've ever done archery, you'll find those finger guards to be invaluable. I only did archery for a semester in college and the archery instructor made everyone wear those. You don't want to pull back without those things. *winces* Yeowch!
  • edited January 2010
  • Beautiful :D
  • [color=green:750429ccc2]So lovely! :love:[/color:750429ccc2]
  • here ya go..WD Nightfall lol

• Nightfall is actually one of my least favourite characters. I don't know. She's like the perfect member of the tribe. Always follows her leader, never questions him. Perfect mother, perfect life mate, and more perfect blah-de-blah. The only think I like about her is her hair.
  • I really liked her in the Original Quest :D . And also in SaBM. She seemed a lot "softer" then. Both in the way she looked and the way she acted. In the later stories.. Well, I don't know really... I guess she's become an elder in many ways. I don't think she's perfect in all ways though.
  • Quote:
    nevaratoiel

Nightfall is actually one of my least favourite characters. I don't know. She's like the perfect member of the tribe. Always follows her leader, never questions him. Perfect mother, perfect life mate, and more perfect blah-de-blah. The only think I like about her is her hair.

I'm kinda in agreement with you....she's not so much a character as the archetype of the "perfect wolfrider woman". Though I do like the headband...it's almost "geeky".
  • Quote:
    Foxeye

[quote:e08feb994c="nevaratoiel"]Nightfall is actually one of my least favourite characters. I don't know. She's like the perfect member of the tribe. Always follows her leader, never questions him. Perfect mother, perfect life mate, and more perfect blah-de-blah. The only think I like about her is her hair.

I'm kinda in agreement with you....she's not so much a character as the archetype of the "perfect wolfrider woman". Though I do like the headband...it's almost "geeky".[/quote:e08feb994c]

But she's not the perfect mother.

She and Redlance couldn't have a child without Leetah's intervention.

I think Nightfall is reminiscent of Biblical Matriarchs. They are excellent women who love and support their men but cannot have children until an act of God (or Leetah in this case) makes them fruitful. Someone wise, compassionate but ultimately frustrated because she's incapable of the most basic and intrinsict mortal act of reproduction.

But...I happen to like perfection. Wink
  • I agree that Nightfall seems the perfect wolfrider. But that's because in the last comics, she's more like a background figure, always nodding with everything Cutter says, and being the brave warrior.
    But I think she's more. They just don't show it anymore. Like Skywise is now portrayed as the ultimate casanova, and all his other sides aren't shown anymore. I liked her most in the oq myself. Although I really liked her as an elder in Ember's tribe, who was learning Ember about the way, it thought she appeared too hard. Too much like a warrior. But that was mainly because I didn't like the way she was drawn by Steve Blevins. I liked hid art, but not on Nightfall. She just didn't seem that feminine anymore. They should give her some flaws, or an edge, or at least a story.
    She was the first female wolfrider we met in the oq, but she's fading now. GIve her some tragedy to cope with
  • I totally agree with you Innie :D .
  • I never thought of Nightfall as flawless. Venka, yes, but not Nightfall.

I guess it's because the first time we see Nightfall, she's confused, unsure-- she asks Cutter why the humans hate them so. Then we see her in the desert with dying Redlance-- very vulnerable, very shaken.

Vulnerability. Yes, that's the thing Nightfall shows much more readily than Venka-- though I suspect both characters have it. But where Venka seems completely self-possessed and in command of herself, Nightfall occasionally comes across as frightened or unsure.

I also suspect a tendency to a warrior-like brashness which Redlance helps her balance.

Nightfall seems to need Redlance. Venka, by contrast, doesn't seem to need anyone.

Don't get me wrong-- I don't dislike Venka. I'm just using her to contrast with Nightfall in this area of alleged perfection. Wink

I see Nightfall as warm, generous, brave, accepting and wise-- she'd make a good best friend. But not perfect. :)
  • Im sorry this is on topic but a bit odd for what is going on, i just found a old picture taken of me and seraphima aka moonbrook on our lovely forem just over 9 years ago when i found out I was with cub of my oldist daughter whitch I named afer her-we used to be best friends for manny years....lol, but I still have this shirt and I love nightfall so much, her and I have alot in commion.

• no offense to Sera and Poni... but wow... their names are funky
    *stops spaming*