ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

EQ Characters - Costume Changes? [minor plot spoilers!]

Mirr

Being somewhat clothing/fashion interested and pondering excuses to draw more elves not to mention that this info also would be nice to put up on some page or something.. as I started thinking about this:

How many different outfits have EQ characters had and what did they look like? And why did they change outfit? Just plain renewal / new artist taking some artistic liberties, or due to other reasons? And in what issue did the change happen?

There might be risk for spoilers, since some clothal events does entail some plot info, why I have put a minor spoilers warning in this topic! :)

So far, what I can think of:

Leetah
- EQI #2: SunFolk Clothing, top + frilly skirt + bootlets & toothy(?) necklace, earrings and head thingy.
Her original clothing, suppose one could call it.

¤ KOTB #8: long medievalish black dress with green trim details(?), although a bit small in certain areas ;)
- She got it as "thank you" gift from the mother of the human girl she healed.

..but before that, some black/green outfit, and then wearing some slimmy black outfit with furry trim (what issue(s)?), or have I confused these two outfits? I bet there's got to be more though..

Dewshine
What issue does she actually appear-appear in, does one see her in EQI #1?
That's at least where she wears her original clothing, I assume. And then in SunFolk village she switches into that assymetric, flouncy, white and short dress?

Livinia

Hmmm let's see if I can remember the outfits Leetah wore between EQ1 and King's of the Broken Wheel.

Theres her traveling clothes that she wears when she goes to find Cutter: Long red-jacket/shirt, blue pants, blue bodice/belt thing, same boots she normally wears

Clothing when she leaves Blue Mountain: Same thing only lined with white fur

Troll War: Blue pants, brown vest over a fur shirt as well as a red one

Forbidden Grove: (Moonshade gives her new clothes while Leetah and Nightfall are dancing in the forest) She has teal green pants, brown boots, brown tunic that leaves her shoulders bare with teal green sleeves

Those are the outfits I can think of. I'm not sure what you mean by her black outfits, sorry :(

Skywise2

Leetahs "ceremony dress" at the beginning of KotBW, maybe priorly out of brown leafs (cutter got a matching one with green).

LordDarkhan

[quote:a1d3f22862]Leetahs "ceremony dress" at the beginning of KotBW, maybe priorly out of brown leafs (cutter got a matching one with green).
[/quote:a1d3f22862]

Actually Leetah's was the green one, and Cutter had the brown one.

Another outfit change for leetah was in GN#1, Leetah had that pink one piece sleeping outfit. she had it on when she snuck out to hear the wolfriders "song"

Arthis

Let me show you
Sun folk time : 2 different blue/red + pink moth fabric + travel suit

/ / --> --> --> --> -->

then there's the human robe, the human robe cut by moonshade, the miniskirt from the little time she is at the sun village in Hidden Year. I don't remember what she wears during HY with Ember tribe.
And finaly, her new outfit from full circle

Zebula77

Ooh, tres tres belle, n'est pas? Surprised :D

Arfurido

Another costume from the early days: the red top she wears at the Hand, Head and Heart 'contest'.

(I was bored, so I decided to help you out :))

The last one is the one she wears while she's with Ember's tribe as well as HY #9 1/2.

I don't think she wore the Dreamtime costume for very long.

Arthis

Oh yes I forgot about the strawberry-sleeves top!

I think the HY outfit is what's left of the dreamtime's one (see it in color here)

Zebula77

I very much like the one she got from the human girl in KOTBW. *purrs*

Mirr

Yay, thanks for helping out guys & gals :)

Zebula, I have something you should like then ;)

I'm still trying to map all these piccies and descriptions together chronlogically, but here goes:

- EQI #2: SunFolk Clothing, top + frilly skirt + bootlets & toothy(?) necklace, earrings and head thingy.
Her original clothing, suppose one could call it.

- EQI #3: SunFolk Clothing, red top with gold disc ish decolletage details long puffy sleeves + frilly skirt + bootlets & toothy(?) necklace, earrings and head thingy.
Her original clothing version 2, dressing up for the challenge between Cutter & Rayek ;)

- EQI #4: SunFolk Nightgown, pinkg off-shoulder flowy nightie with goldish embroidments.
After sneaking out from her house, and eavesdropping on Wolfriders.

- EQI #6: SunFolk Clothing , top with long strawberry sleeves + blue skirt with goldy frill details+ knife/sheath + bootlets & smoother round necklace, earrings and head thingy.
Her original clothing version 3.

- EQ#9: Travel suit.
Travelling away from the SunFolk village to find Cutter.

And then that Troll Wars outfit, with was modified version of Travel Suit.. but then, I haven't really read the more.. but there's basically the rest to put in order :D

But now, back to the evil studying :(

Zebula77

Thanks, Mirr. That's a nice shot. Wink

Arthis

Quote:
Mirr

- EQI #6: SunFolk Clothing , top with long strawberry sleeves + blue skirt with goldy frill details+ knife/sheath + bootlets & smoother round necklace, earrings and head thingy.

in EQI#6, she doesn't have long strawberry sleeves ; her red top is yet another one. Look at that pic, just after she threw the knife to the stringtail :

Arthis

King, in colors

Arthis

does it work.. ? :?

the many faces of Leetah (all drawn by Wendy)

PCoquelin

Quelle "galerie de mode !"
Nice work, Arthis !

Kotori

This is from Hidden Years:

Arfurido

Heheey, that's a pic from my Mender site Wink

Soo, which elf do we do now? Suggestions? I think Nightfall and Moonshade has a cool set of clothes...

scarlettdoll

I really agree with the "Elfquest Conspiracies" that someone posted a link to, about Nightfall (wow, that was a convoluted sentence). In the beginning, nightfall was so cute, kinda curvy, long eyelashes, roundish face. Later she got all rock-hard, and lost that really feminine look. I know that Wendy's art evolves over the years but I think Nightfall looked cuter in the beginning.

Arfurido

Yeah, I think most fans agree on that one. We discussed it in one of the first threads on this forum, and the conclution was "ssaaaaaaad!!" Wink

Mirr

Way to go Arthis, nicely displayed! Just some issues to work out, literally now :)

What exact HY issue is the piccy Kotori posted from?
*glances at Kotori & Arfurido*

Now, what about other characters? ;)

Cutter had some clothing styles that tagged along Leetah's too at some point? As did the twins?

Arthis

Thanks Kotori. I mentioned it in my first post, but forgot to add it in the gallery... Donne now

the mini skirt is from HY#4, When Rayek, Leetah, Ekuar, Venka, The twins... come back to the sunvillage and Leetah help Mender to heal the wounded from the sunvilagger-goback battle.

Dewshine shows a interresting range of clothes too (esp. in the frozen mountain: got a hood, got no hood, got a hood...) and I've got a few scans for her too (A few years ago I had two EQ related projects: a family tree, and a galery of clothes evolution...)

scarlettdoll

is that HY#2? Where Kahvi and Tyldak go to the SunVillage to take the little palace, but not that whole war? Where is that war/battle told in more detail?

Mirr

Quote:
Arthis

Quote:
Mirr

in EQI#6, she doesn't have long strawberry sleeves ; her red top is yet another one. Look at that pic, just after she threw the knife to the stringtail :

Oop, yes.. me copied wrongly in Frontpage :)

And thanks again Arthis :)
Oh, maybe we should start up that project of yours again then ;)

Arfurido

Quote:
scarlettdoll

is that HY#2? Where Kahvi and Tyldak go to the SunVillage to take the little palace, but not that whole war? Where is that war/battle told in more detail?

New Blood 10 thru 12 tells about Darts time in the Sun Village during the dissapearance. The war I think you're reffering to happened when Chot crawled back to the Go-Backs and got Zey and all the other Go-Backs to go get the little palace. Kimo's dad and Shushen were killed in that war, and I think it's NB #10 and #11 that covers the war.

HY#2, on the other hand, happens before that. Kahvi and tyldak is wrapstuffed for sleep after their attempt to steal the palace, and Chot gets away, and goes back to the Go-Backs, as I said above Wink

(Dear God I'm tired. Sorry for the messy post.)

And that pic of Leetah in the miniskirt is from HY#4. In that issue, Mender tells about the wolf awakening in him during that war, but that's just one panel or something.

Arthis

Quote:
Mirr

And thanks again Arthis :)
Oh, maybe we should start up that project of yours again then ;)

You're welcome Mirr.

As for the "project", I would love to, but at the moment, my scanner is dead, when I want a new pic, I have to use the scanner and computer at work, which is not very well seen for personnal use...

plus, it's getting harder and harder for me to find a place to host the pictures ("the many faces..." was too big for my personnal site, the pic was reduceted to that size : and I had to register on a free hosting site, but it's not very easy to use...)

Arthis

Here's what I have of dewshine...

Dewshine as a very young wolfrider, during madcoil's attack :

Dewshine as the wolfrider we first met (with the feather collar) :

Dewshine as a perfect Sunvillager, blue moth fabric miniskirt dress :

Dewshine in her travel leather outfit

same outfit, with the hood, in the frozen mountains (where was she hidding that hood before ?? Surprised ??) :

The only Wendy drawn picture of Dewshine pregnante :

a new outifit after windkin's birth, easy-access breast, belly free (miam) and new sandals (second pic)

Her best all-time outfit IMO

That all the wendy-drawn picture I scanned

But at the time of wild hunt she get rid of her century-old browns for a lavender new outfit

(before that one, there's a new moth-fabric long blue dress, and another brown leather outfit, with... what's the word? fringes I think)

edit: I've changed the picture host.

Mirr

Arthis, you still possess a lot of knowledge of when/where characters wore this and that though. There's a lot of ground work to be done even without actual piccies scanned of costume in question, but it sure does make it more complicated :)

+++
Yikes, you posted just before I posted-posted :D

Yay, I'll start up a html page with Dewshine now then, whee ;)

Arthis

Here's the one with the fringes, I cut-past it from the plate "the wolfriders now" :

Kotori

Another Wendy-drawn picture from the Lovmates calendar :)

Arthis

I love that pic ! (but I hate stupid Scouter)

Alana

There's also her winter outfit from Wild Hunt:

She got a new set of leathers for Mender's Quest as well. but I don't have a scan of it...would love one, though...

Arfurido

Quote:
Alana

She got a new set of leathers for Mender's Quest as well. but I don't have a scan of it...would love one, though...

I will be able to make a scan (along with the one's from Recognition Wink) over the weeked :)

Alana

Quote:
Arfurido

Quote:
Alana

I will be able to make a scan (along with the one's from Recognition Wink) over the weeked :)

That would be great! :D :D

Arfurido

You know what, Alana? I couldn't find the Recognition comic, but here's (link deleted) a pretty large scan of Dewshine from #32... not a very good pic, but it was the only one I could find that shows her entire body... :?

(Please download it soon, I'll take it down in a few days, it's like 600 kb so it's eating space Wink)

Alana

Oh, thank you! I downloaded it, so you can delete it now :D thanks so much, would you mind if I added it to the site (with credit, of course)? It's a good view of her current leathers, and although I'm not the biggest Tyleet fan, I think she looks much better in her old tunic.

Thanks again. Wink

Arfurido

Of course you can use it for your site! :D

I know, I really liked Tyleets old leathers. In some way, Tyleet IS those leathers. Hehee. And her hair, of course... :P

Arthis

Hey that was an interresting thread, don't let it die!

Who would be next? A male one for a change?

LordDarkhan

How about Rayek or Redlance

Arfurido

Oh no, not Redlance... please don't remind me of the horrible change he's been through :?

Rayek! Yes, let's go for Rayek! :D

Arthis

Ok for Rayek. I'm not a big fan, but he had some interesting costume changing.

for the moment I only have one pic, but I have a brand new scanner, so...

LordDarkhan

sorry I didnt crop it. but i believe this is his first outfit

scarlettdoll

i love that pic! At first, i didn't realize that was Leetah holding the skull, thought it was her and Rayek holding each other and i kept trying to figure out how their bodies were twisted. Limber little elves! Grin then, i finally saw what it really was.

Kotori

Wasn't able to find any pics of him with the hood he wore when he left Sorrow's End. But this is how he looked when he returned at the end of the Quest:

Mirr

I need to catch up on all these piccies :D
Been away working these last days and there's more work to come..

Hmm, so we've covered Leetah, Dewshine and Rayek now..
Cutter and Leetah had some mutual clothing changes though, so would be fitting (oh the pun :P) to um do him next? ;)

At the moment I am trying to recall his "youth" clothes, although did they really differ much from his chieftain outfit? And then he had at least that furry white&black costume I can remember..

Arthis

we don't have everything for rayek yet
the saturday I will have some time to scan some pics... I hope :D

Arthis

First part for Rayek is done. It goes from the first quest to kings of the broken wheel (actualy, all the colored Wendy's art I have)

Let me introduce you to Mister Pride...

as we first met him

with is sunfolk cloak

details on the cloak and the hood (humm hooded men...)

then we have Mister Great Come-Back

first hidden under his gloves and furry hat (but Kotori's pic is better)

Quote:
Kotori

nice outfit made of light brown deer leather from boots to shirt

then the go-back style darker travel outfit
with a new set of boots... and a hood!

Hood, fur, shirt... can easily be removed

Finally, back to the Sun Village and to a more revealing outfit, the Master-of-the-Palace style

LordDarkhan

here are two outfits after KotBW. only one is in color
and the only other outfit we are missing is when Rayeks powers leave him and hes learning to hunt again(even though wendy didnt draw it, from Rogues Challenge)

Arthis

I have Rogue's Challenge, I will look if there's the wolfrider style outfit drawn by Wendy in it.

The shard-war outfit exist in color, but it's not drawn by Wendy (but the art is not that bad, so I may use a color version. I'm tinking of the plate where Moonshade is "sewing" the last part of the outfit on Rayek)

As for the "High One" size outfit (the one on the calendar plate), there's a lot of cleaning to do to get rid of Winnowill...

Arthis

"Rayek's gallery"

(sorry, it's oversize)

LordDarkhan

Great work Arthis.... it would make a GREAT banner :D

MrsGrizzley

My favorite part is seeing the French dialogue in some of the shots and realizing that I can actually *READ* it!

Mrs. Grizzley (French Minor, English Major)

MultiMEDEA

A very interesting thread for me since I adore costuming and fashion. Who do you think is in the greatest need of an Extreme Fashion Makeover in EQ? My top choice is Ekuar, then Toorah. The Trolls en masse could use a visit from the Queer Eye guys. And someone should tell the Go-backs bearskins are so last season ago. Wink

Is anyone in the mood to do a Cutter costume retropective?

Arthis

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Is anyone in the mood to do a Cutter costume retropective?

Hum... a lot of work to do with him!

I'll try, but not now, because this week end is my best friends wedding, I won't stay in conversation with my computer. Wink

LordDarkhan

[quote:5fc9bfd33d]My top choice is Ekuar, then Toorah[/quote:5fc9bfd33d]

I actually love Toorahs outfit for her. THe collar, the hood, the colors, i think fit her perfectly.

My number one candidate is Venka and Sunstream. Please get them some respectable clothes.

PCoquelin

Quote:
Bonita

Could anyone post pictures of Newstar from New Blood here? I don't have those. Or mail them to me peter.dekijvere@skynet.be
Thanks

Err.. Just made one from SatS : have a look.

About costumes, one I greatly DISlike is Dart's.
Never could bear his outfit : too "Blairish", I'm afraid...
Clearbrook's (SatS), on the other hand, is wonderful. Fits her so well.

Shade and sweet water.

Mirr

Oh, pictues of Moonshade's SATS costume anywhere?

I felt her previous ones were just a bit overly girly somehow, just not quite right her, so I'd sure like to see one deemed "her" :)

Alana

I believe this is Moonshade's new furs? (though I haven't read SatS yet)

http://www.elfquest.com/edits/images/Moonshadenew.jpg

Arfurido

Yup, that's right :)

Mirr

Thanks Alana :)

Hmm, the two moons pin thingy really was an interesting accessory.
Not too keen on that red shade though, but I suppose the outfit will grow on me..

Livinia

It actually looks alot better in SatS. The color job on that posted picture just isn't all that good. (I wish I had a scanner right now...)

LivietheLurker

What on earth happened to this thread? I don't have a scanner so I can't show costumes, but surely someone must.

Jeppe

hmm... nothing happens... Arfurido, what about a Mender gallery? :D

Arfurido

I could do that! :D Thing is, he hasn't had THAT many outfits. But, one is on the way Wink (I've been meaning to make a gallery like that for my Mender site for ages...)

I came to think of a character we could do: Cutter! He's had many different costumes... so he's my suggestion :)

Jeppe

Yes, i would have suggested Cutter (but i thought no one would make him because there's so much work to be done!!)

Arfurido

So, here goes...

The photos are a bit too small and a bit too large, sorry about that, have no scanner at the moment :)

So here he is first as a toddler, then as a... yeah how old? I don't know how old he is when Kahvi and Tyldak attacks the Sun village. He has a similar costume during the war for the palace centuries later, but as you can see, he has now the golden and shiny thing around his neck. Later on he changes the waistcloth too, to the costume he has when he first meets Ember as an adult.

Then there is is oh-so-loved :mrgreen: war-outfit. Oh how we love that one.

In the years after the war, he has given up on his metal-neck thing and gone for the more wolfridery look (for Ember?) (Or is that necklace-thing Steven Blevins version of the larger piece?) When the winter comes, he has a vest over his shirt (have no pic of that, sorry.) He also has a big, furry coat in Shadowstalker. In the warmer season in "Recognition" his gold-metal-thing is back on, and he has a leather coat instead of the fur coat. (Again, sorry for the lack of scans here... have to go to my mom's house to scan first :P)

Or, you can all feel free to help me out :mrgreen:

MultiMEDEA

No one's done a montagè of my favorite Wolfrider, Clearbrook, so I thought I'd start one. But she hasn't had that many different outfits. :(

1) GN #1; her hippie threads 2) GN #2; Moonshade designs everyone kick-a$$ travel duds 3) GN #3; fur is murder

4) KotBW; warrior princess 5) New Blood; doting grandma 6) HY; doting elf-ma

7) Shards; gonna show some ho-unds who's top she-wolf! 8 ) SatS; foxy lady 9) SatS; now do you see why Treestump smiles all the time :D

Rainedancer

I love the Clearbrook costume changes!!!!!!!!! :D
Probaly cause shes my fav chacter... :P
But still awsome work!!!!!!!!!!

LordDarkhan

she looked like cher in that last panel with treestump

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
LordDarkhan

she looked like cher in that last panel with treestump

Clearbrook would be da bomb in some Bob Mackie fashions! The Clearbrook and One-Eye Comedy Hour, anyone? :D Tho I have a hard time buying Scouter as Chastity! :twisted:

Arthis

You both did a great job. :D

It is time for me to work back on that subject!

LordDarkhan

[quote:741d56776f]Clearbrook would be da bomb in some Bob Mackie fashions[/quote:741d56776f]

Maybe we can him to design Venka some new digs while hes at it.

scarlettdoll

Nice! I love Clearbrook's outfit from KoTBW (i'm into fringe...and glitter...and sparklies) :D

LordDarkhan

[quote:99d0d4e078]i'm into fringe...and glitter...and sparklies)[/quote:99d0d4e078]

Are you trying to tell me your a "Noble Hippy"?

scarlettdoll

hmm, maybe a bit (ok, i've always wanted to hold a protest against something!) but classy, noble hippie. I'm a law unto myself! :D

Sindenís

Whew that last Clearbrook-outfit is such a change from what she used to wear. But I like it! Very sexay.

LivietheLurker

Boy, did this thread die! Newstar has had several outfits, so here are the different ones I found:

1. Newstar as a cub.
2. Teenybopper Newstar.
3. Her young adult outfit in the Sunvillage.
4. A colour reference for...
5. ...this travel outfit.
6. She seems to have packed her dress though.
7. The only outfit I found after she returns to Sorrow's End.
8. Barry Blair's drawing might be of the same dress. Also Blair drew Newstar with a blanket wrapped around her, but I havn't counted this as an outfit.
9. Newstar's new outfit, back at the Father Tree Holt.

LivietheLurker

I noticed, yes! It made picking a costume for the period difficult! Pictures 4., 5. and 6. are from the same period, when Dart's band and the Wolfriders are living in the Forbidden Grove.

Rainedancer

I love this thread but I don't have a scanner :(
Im glad you revived it Livie!! :D

Arthis

You did a great job on Newstar Livie, congrats! :D

Who will be the next character?

LivietheLurker

Dunno! Suggestions anyone?

Leanan

Skywise? (oh please you lovely people with scanners and perfect collections)

Arfurido

At first I thought Skywise would be a short list, but then I started thinking... and came up with these:

1. His cubling winter coat from "Wolfrider"
2. His cub outfit, without the belt, with a bandana
3. His teenage outfit, most like his OQ outfit but with a bandana (and in the "Redmark" story, a star on the back of (at least) his left shoulder
4. His OQ outfit, with the good ol' headpiece
5. The same as in 4, but with a white winter coat (Quest's End)
6. His book 7 outfit, with the "sending stars" on his vest
7. His "Full Circle" outfit with the new vest.

Forgot any?

LivietheLurker

The red cloak he wore when travelling with Cutter. Goes between 4 and 5. I'll see if I can get it in sometime.

cactus

So..... I have tried to make one of nightfall.

1 First as a cub
2 As we first meet her
3 Sun Village outfit
4 Ready to go save Cutter
5 Leaving Blue Mountain
6 Same fur I think, with belt
7 The troll war
8 SaBM
9 Pregnant
10 HY and dreamtime
11 (SaTS) Full circle

I'm not sure if there are more... Sorry they became so small. This was more difficult than I thought it would be :oops:

Arthis

No you did it real good!

I'm a little jealous, as Nightfall is my favorite, I wonder why I didn't do it before... Well, I can admire her without having to do the work, Thank you!

cactus

Quote:
Arthis

No you did it real good!

I'm a little jealous, as Nightfall is my favorite, I wonder why I didn't do it before... Well, I can admire her without having to do the work, Thank you!

Thank you!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
I have been waiting so long now, for someone to make one of her. So I decided to try to make one myself.

Arthis

Actually, I had started collecting pics and... they are the same!

MultiMEDEA

Well, no one's has yet tried to tackle a Cutter retropective. I would but I don't think I have enough picture sources to be definitive. :(

cactus

Quote:
Arthis

Actually, I had started collecting pics and... they are the same!

well, he he.. great minds think alike? Grin
I guess there's not that many pictures of her that shows the whole outfit?

PCoquelin

I hope I'll see this one soon :

SaTS ?!! #2 ? cuz' I don't remember this one in the #1 !

cactus

Quote:
PCoquelin

I hope I'll see this one soon :

SaTS ?!! #2 ? cuz' I don't remember this one in the #1 !

It's the one from full circle. :oops:
The one Wendy made for the elfin fashion show somewhere here.

I thought it was the same in SaTS. They are similar though? I know she has a "fur -coat" over it most of the time. When she doesn't it's difficult to see because there are no pictures where all of her is shown.

cactus

OK. Here is Nightfall in SaTS:

Xan21

jughh :(

Fourleafclover

Thanks for bumping this thread to the top - all the costume changes are so neat to look at! :D

Jeppe

Quote:
Xan21

jughh :(

Fourleafclover

Well, I think Nightfall's leaf belt is alittle silly but I love her leaf-Capri pants. I want a pair. :) I like how much of Redlance she's incorporated into her new outfit.

And it's a good deal better than her last outfit - the spandex bodysuit....

cactus

Moonshade:

1: As we first see her.
2: Travel outfit.
3: Same one, with no hat.
4: With fur.
5: Trollwar.
6: SaBM.
7, 8 & 9: KoBW.
10: HY & Dreamtime.
11: Full circle.
12: SaTS.

There's also one of her with a skarf from when they are travelling through the desert:

And there are also two others from Dreamtime and HY. It's the same outfit with different colours:

EDIT: Adding the outfit from Moonshade and Strongbows dream:

Aldar

Wow! Well done! I think my favorite is number 3. It's the Wolfriders I will always remember... :) Also, in the last picture with the hood, she looks a little bit like Toorah, doesn't she?

cactus

[quote:37a06ca07a]I think my favorite is number 3[/quote:37a06ca07a]

Mine too!!!! :D

Aldar

Quote:
cactus

[quote:8444473275]I think my favorite is number 3

Mine too!!!! :D[/quote:8444473275]

YAY! :D

NEXT PAGE