ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Leanan's elves as dolls

Leanan

I'm still learning to edit dolls. Anyways, the fact that I'm always posting dolls in every Holt I'm in was mentioned in a Golden Wolf Awards nomination (I got to read them all since I was a judge). Mostly the ones I've posted aren't that impressive, at most I used to do skin, eye and hair color edits, sometimes outfit changes.

Now I'm learning to do ear and finger edits, as well as bigger clothes edits. The keyword is 'learning'. I think that now that I'm a member here I shall post my Holt elves in this group and the canon EQ elves in the forums topic.

Here's some old dolls of mine that I kinda like:

Preservers Tekteks for Thunderwater Holt:

Lillyeyes (played by me):

Tiffy (played by Kitt):

Frillywings (played by Darkleaf):

[/quote]

One of my insane hobbies is animating Lunaii dolls. This is my elf Sharktricker from Thunderwater Holt:

Another one:

I also make banners. This is Sharktricker with Chasmcave and Surffish (deceased characters, who used to be almost her lovemates). Bases from Elouai, of course (and the anachronism is quite intentional):

My two troll characters at Shadow Wood Holt, made with the Hero Machine:

Nugget:

Glitter:

Nightsea

Excellent work on these...and welcome to the EDA!

Smile
--Nightsea

Leanan

Thank you!

WolfMoonSky

Awesome dolls Leanan!!! Great work on them Yeah

Leanan

Thanks!

Here's my elves from Shadow Wood Holt. Base from Avatar Creator software, ears copied from Zantarni.com, skin, eye and hair color edits. What do you think, should I add eyebrows? It bothers me a little that the Avatar Creator base has no eyebrows...

Nisha:

Balin:

Firebloom (she's a plantshaper):

Moondreamer:

Snowstream:

Sorano (she's an animal bonder):

Leanan

Leanan-elf from my Kinseekers' Tribe story:

Base

Base

Base

Base

base

WolfMoonSky

These dollz are very pretty Leanan!!Smile

Embala

Hmmm ... I missed this thread - but I know a good deal of the dollz! *scratches head*

The Preservers are too cute.

Animated Sharktricker is fun - must snicker about the angry scolding one. Unusual design for the banner - judging from the text the use of old times and modern costumes is symbolic ... memories of long lost friends.

Your trolls are verly colorful - looks like their clothing mirrors the gemstones they find. I like the beer mug Glitter is holding.

Your Shadow Wood series is lovely ... I like especially Firebloom and Moondreamer. The added backgrounds spark the fantasy. Well ... I havn't missed eyebrows, so you might leaqve them the way they are.

Nice to be introduced to Leanan elf Smile The dollz almost make me think they are chosen to show her character traits: fierce fighter ... joyful companion ... wise counsellor ... strong-willed tribemate ... dreamy girl. Honestly - I have no idea how she is supposed to be for real Wink

Leanan

Leanan-elf is a Go-Back, so most of those traits do indeed apply. And since she is a stargazer, she is something of a dreamer too. Dunno about wise counsellor, but she's sort of a chief-maker, like Chot.

Embala

I plan to do the OC of the EDA as High Ones. That's what I got for Snowstream from your description ... please tell me when something is too "off" Smile

btw: What's Leanan's eye color? brown? violet?

WolfMoonSky

Wow!Beautifull doll, Embala!Smile

Leanan

High One Snowstream is so cute and pretty! *loves* Only thing off, her wrist-guard thingies would be either brown or silver, not gold.

Tynami

Thought I posted these here... copying them from the other thread...

Quote:

Here's the versions I made Smile

I love how Sharktricker turned out, but I'm not quite happy with Snowstream yet

Leanan

Quote:

btw: What's Leanan's eye color? brown? violet?

Dark brown. If the options in a dollmaker are light brown or black, I go for black.

Embala

Glad you like my interpretation, Leanan Happy All my High Ones have clearly more golden assessoires than their normal selves ... or instead of "all day" items. For me it adds to their high-one-ness. When it bugs you I'll be happy to change it for you.

I think Leanan is rather different from her true self as well. Had fun to make her a High One, tho:

Leanan

Aww so cute! As it happens, in one of my stories she imagines herself as a High One.

WolfMoonSky

Aww very nice!! Smile

Embala

Wonders whether she imagined herself like this, Leanan Wink ... well, we'll never know!

I know that Sharktricker isn't yours anymore ... but she was long enough to count. And after your "Far away and long ago" pic I couldn't resist to do her in a similar style

Thanks, Wolfie Happy

Leanan

Awesome one of Sharktricker! :D

WolfMoonSky

You're very welcome EmbalaHug

and what a beautifull doll!!