ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

faeriegirl's characters

faeriegirl

Work in progress, as always! Smile Images are only in other posts Wink

Name: Elmireth (self-elf)

Birth-tribe: Wavedancers somewhere.

Parents: Unknown, but one of 'em was a High One.

Appearance: pale skin, blond wavy hair hanging loose til mid-back, blue eyes, 'standard' wavedancer ears, blue tail, XL breasts.

Attire: Color scheme: blues and natural/white colors.

Top: white, off-shoulder, wrist-width bands from the middle out are sleeves, end on bellybutton.

Bottom: blue skirt till about the knee or upwards.

shoes: blue ballet flats with small white flowers on the front. With narrow blue bands around the calf (like Dewshine).

Jewelry etc: a simple flower in her hair (blue), small necklace with one stone, a few small bracelets around both wrists. Loose-hanging band/belt around waist with some stones&stuff.

Role: Elder, counselor,

Skills: Selfshaper tail to legged and back.

Personality: Don't like war or fighting, but will defend my loved ones whenever needed.

Background: Will add later Smile

Name: Fireseed (now my first DnD character)

Birth-tribe: Unknown

Parents: Unknown

Appearance: pale skin, sleek black hair hanging loose almost on the ground, emerald green eyes

Attire: Color scheme: Red, white&black accents.

Top: Red bikini/bra-like top, with long sleeves. Red, tight till elbow, white&flowing under elbow.

Bottom: Flowing red skirt till about the knees.

Shoes: black ballerina's with dark red roses on the toes.

Jewelry etc: emerald green bellybutton gem. Thin black belt.

Role: Unknown

Skills: Firemaker

Personality: Unknown

Background: On a cold, dark winter night a tiny elf girl was born into the Wolf Rider elves. These elves were a wood-dwelling group closely attuned to wolves, whom they called ‘brothers’ and ‘sisters’. To the Wolf Riders, magic was a thing of a far, nearly forgotten past. The only magic they possessed was an inborn ability to work with living wood, and the ability to talk with wolves.

As the girl grew up, it became apparent that she was maybe more like her namesake than should be. Frail and small like a flower, Moonflower was different. To the Wolf Riders, physical prowess was a very important trait, due to their way of life: hunting with the pack. Although Moonflower tried her best and worked as hard as anyone on her physique, she never could build up enough strength.

By the time she approached puberty around the age of 40, the reasons for her failing physique became clear. During one of the training sessions, sweet little Moonflower got so frustrated with the target she kept missing she burst into a temper. Flailing her arms towards the accursed target, it suddenly burst into flames!

Everyone present was shocked dead in their tracks for a moment before rushing into action to douse the fire. Moonflower herself kept staring at the burning target, feeling her anger ebbing away. Did she really just do that? Could she have done that, was that even possible??

Not wanting to accidentally hurt any of her loved ones with her newly found, unpredictable powers Moonflower went to a neighbouring elf village where many wizards dwelled to learn to control her powers. Unfortunately, because wizards gain their powers through studying and knowledge instead of through inborn ability, they could not help her. Searching for anything that might help her, Moonflower attended meditation classes to learn to control her emotions. She figured that if a temper triggered it, control over her emotions would be the solution. After some time, Moonflower felt confident enough to return to the Wolf Riders. And for a while, everything was as before. Moonflower watched over the children and cubs while the rest of the pack, elf and wolf, was out hunting. Trying to fill the empty hours when the little ones were big enough to amuse themselves, she taught herself the basics of bowmaking and tanning.

But ofcourse, the peace couldn’t last forever. After a newlyborn wolf cub teared her newest leatherwork to pieces, Moonflower lost control over her temper. Only for about a second or two, but it was enough to set the already-molested shirt to flames. Crying her heart out, Moonflower ran to douse the fire. Staring at the ashes, the sad realisation came that she couldn’t block these powers forever... Dropping the green-and-leather colored clothes of her tribe and donning a fiery red outfit to symbolise her connection with fire, her first and foremost power, Moonflower got to working on her powers.

Over the years, slowly but surely, Moonflower got control over her powers. Like she suspected at first, fire was her most powerful element, the element she was most attuned to. But because fire is and always will be unpredictable, she also made sure to practice a lot with a couple of water/ice spells, to be able to douse any fire when needed.

Nearing her 120th birthday, Moonflower had gained almost complete control over her powers. Celebrating this fact and her birthday, the Wolf Riders honoured her and her powers with a new name: Fireseed.

Purely by accident, Moonflower rediscovered a new way of creating fire: through lightning! One night when watching the stars on a stormy night, an old tree got hit by lightning and burst into flames. To prevent the whole forest going up in flames, Moonflower redirected the rain onto the fire until only ashes remained. It got her thinking... a lightning spell or two might just come in handy someday.

Then, one day... Fireseed was at the wizard-village selling some tribe-produced goods. She was often the one to do so because of her natural charm and friendliness, making it possible to get the best possible price for their goods. Totally immersed in making a good deal, Fireseed didn’t notice the smoke rising from the forest at first... But after sealing the deal she triumphantly glanced towards it. The smile froze on her face. The forest! Her tribe! Oh NO! Dumping everything in her arms, Fireseed ran as fast as she could back to the holt, dousing the fire as she went. But it was too late... All the homes were destroyed, all her dear tribesmates dead or dying on the ground... Frantically, Fireseed checked every body to see if they were still alive and might be saved. Coughing, near the front of the village, still holding a waterskin, she found her chief. In a barely audible whisper, he told her “The dragons.... they started it. Farsight saw them, and tried to warn us. It was too late...” His gaze became distant, unfocused. Crying over the loss of all that was dear to her, Fireseed closed his dead eyes before she turned back. Defeated, she sat down in what used to be her room, and just cried. And cried and cried and cried. After an hour or so, when she didn’t have any tears left to shed, Fireseed noticed faint whining coming from the edge of the Wolf Rider holt. Carefully removing burnt branches and wolf bodies, the whining got louder. Finally, at the back of the shallow cave, she found the source of the whining... a small wolf cub. Protected from the flames by its mother, this cub had come through the fire unharmed... The cub was small and brown, except for a small black ‘eyepatch’ on his left eye. Fiercely hugging the one surviving member of her tribe, whom she decided to call Patch, Fireseed carefully returned to her old house and rummaged through her belongings. She took everything that was not destroyed and would come in handy someday.

At last, Fireseed noticed the wizards and townspeople standing around the holt, looking at her. She looked around; the fires were gone. They had come after her, and put out the fire. A whispered “Thank you...” was all Fireseed could say before she fainted. Coming to a few hours later in the village, Fireseed felt hollow inside. Her whole family... dead! She swore that whatever would happen, she’d avenge them all! She’d fight fire with fire... burn those evil dragons wherever she’d find them!

The burial of the whole tribe was simple yet elegant. Fireseed silently repeated her vow of revenge to the bodies, before turning away and going into the world with Patch.

Faeriegirl comments:I am soooo sorry I had to kill all of the Wolfriders. But it had to be done to get Fireseed to travel the world... and maybe someday she'll avenge them Wink

Name: Dahli

Soulname: Myrr

Appearance long blue-purplish hair, wrapped up in braid on the back of the head. Grey eyes, pale skin.

Clothes: Black&white corset, dark blue skirt till the ankles. White sleeves with puffy shoulders. Black ballet flats shoes. Golden crescent-shaped jewel on her forehead (on a thin chain) tips are upwards.

Magical skills: Average sending ability, maybe some dormant undiscovered skill.

Other skills: has learned to handle the bow. Can get around with a dagger fine too. Good listener.

Position in tribe: unknown

Personality: Shy and a bit of a wallflower. Can listen very well, others go to her with problems. She gladly helps others with help & advice on anything, but is very unsure about herself anyway. Likes to wander off alone, but mostly comes back home with some small game or fruits or anything so it's ok.

Embala

Here you are! Happy

Forgotten something? Ears maybe ...

Quote:

I like Foams ears best! But Moonmirrors are nice too, as are Sprays. So pretty 'standard' ears, no dangling parts on the bottom. But some sculpting on the side is good Smile

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Quote:

Here you are! Happy

Forgotten something? Ears maybe ...

OOPS! You're absolutely right! My mistake!

Embala

Skirts? Fine!

Much easier to do with a doll maker Tongue

faeriegirl

Yay, more dollz! Happy Heck yea I'm gonna copy all dollz into this thread!

faeriegirl

and a first try of doll-editing myself...

faeriegirl

Own dolling progress...

And now all the other dollz! Happy

faeriegirl

Getting quite image-heavy, this thread! And I LOVE IT!!!! Happy

faeriegirl

Even more! Happy

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Not officially Elmireth, but close enough: Wink

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Updated first post, now that I know what top and shoes I want!

faeriegirl

Embala

That's a mass of great dollz you have gathered already!

... wonders whether I should do the same for Embala ...

faeriegirl

Ofcourse you should make a collecting-thread for Embala!!

And I'm loving every one of those dollz!!

Startear

Here is one I made just recently with the Dream base. The things around symbolises stories, Elmireth comes up with them there.

faeriegirl

aaawww.... that's a very pretty doll!!! Love it!!! Thanks, Startear!! Heart

Startear

You're very welcome, Fae

Startear

One more

Embala

Hehe ... that makes two!

Embala

*pokes faeriegirl* you have a new gift in your thread - look above Wink

... and a broken link on the first site because I changed (and improved) Mer-Elmireth ... think her look wasn't clearly developed when I made the first version.

faeriegirl

I've seen Startear's doll, commented on it in the dollz thread... guess I forgot to copy it here xD

I'll get the broken link out then Smile

*edit* Fireseed is in the first post now too, her description. Even though only her name is really known now Tongue

So here's the doll that started her:

faeriegirl

First try on Fireseed dolling, tektek dream base and fire element base:

Smile
Added her description to the first post now.

Tynami

I love how Fireseed turned out. She's kinda like how my Dewberry/Fireberry turned out. A long while back I was trying to make a Psylocke and ended up making an elf with purple hair. After forgetting her for years I refound her and played with her outfit til she turned into the gal she is now. She fell into the 'rabbit hole' and landed in Dreamworld. She's also got firepowers so these two could be sisters.

faeriegirl

Glad she's liked!

Embala

Of course Fireseed is liked ... pretty as she is Happy

Startear

Here is one of Elmireth.

faeriegirl

*squeeee!!!!!!!* Super pretty, Startear!!! *tackle glomp hugs* Thanks!!!

Embala

Lovely one Happy ... a really pretty gift!

Startear

You're very welcome, fea!

And here is another one, of Fireseed

faeriegirl

Wheee!!! Pretty!!! (her skirt should be shorter, but that's the only 'fault' I can see!) Looks awesome!! *tackle hugs more*

Embala

Fireseed is great! Like her hair Happy

faeriegirl

Yes, the hair is awesome!

WolfMoonSky

Very nice doll of Fireseed, Startear!!Smile

Embala

One more of my "EDA as High Ones" series Smile

Tricky skirt, isn't it?

WolfMoonSky

Aww she looks so cute!!Heart

faeriegirl

*tackle glomphuggles Embala* Awesome!!! Love it!!! Super pretty!!!

Embala

Happy Glad you like ... thank you!

Embala

You thought I would forget your Fireseed?

faeriegirl

OMG! *tackleglomphuggles more* Awesome!!!!!!!! Heart She's even making fire!! Awesome!!

WolfMoonSky

Awesome doll of Fireseed, Embala!!Heart

Embala

*gasp* - tries to catch breath Happy So happy you like, faeriegirl!

Thank you, Wolfie!

faeriegirl

This thread is full of Elmireth... and a little Fireseed!

I say: It needs some Dahli-love too! Happy

And to complete, a few more pics that weren't here yet Smile Mostly Fireseed.

Embala

I remember these additions ... and still like them!

Some Dahli love, hm? Wink

Tynami

Beautiful!

faeriegirl

*tackleglomphuggles Embala* Heart AWESOME!!! Adorable!!! LOVE her!!
And that crescent on her forehead!! Loving it!! oh, that is soooo going in her description... =D

Embala

Glad I got her well, faeriegirl Yay How about posting her description?

Thank you, katcombs! Happy

faeriegirl

Her description is already in the first post! *oops* Forgot to mention that, I think...

Embala

OMG!! ... does this mean I actually guessed her head pendant right? *lol*

(havn't realized the description when I looked for it before making her)

faeriegirl

Nope, she didn't have a pendant before! You made her start wearing the pendant! Happy

WolfMoonSky

oh she is lovely!! Heart

Embala

btw: Elmireth's ears are fixed now - "standard" webed Wavedancer ears showing Smile

faeriegirl

Wheeee! Happy *dances around happily*

Embala

Shame You should tell me when I mess! Wink

Embala

Look, tomorrow will be a beautiful day!

faeriegirl

*tackleglomphugs* Awesomeness!!! She looks so pretty!! And what a beautiful background!!! Love it all!!!

faeriegirl

Updated the first post with new Fireseed info - that she's my DnD character now (she turned out to be a perfect fit for my first char!), and added her backstory. It's her DnD backstory but it's obviously EQ-based Smile

Startear

What does DnD stand for?

faeriegirl

Dungeons&Dragons... it's the roleplaying game, yes. I have given in to the geek-side of me Wink

Startear

Ah, I see.

Embala

I like Fireseed's background story, faeriegirl. A sad ending for her tribe, tho Unhappy I bet she isn't so friendly anymore.

... want an "extra" of her appearance before she pops up in the dollz thread?

faeriegirl

Yea, i'm pretty sad for the end of the wolfriders too... But I had to get her out in the world somehow.
Plus this way made for a good excuse to end up in the place she met the rest of the players - a valley with loads of dragons, both friendly and evil. So she'll have to learn to distinguish between them Wink

And heck yea I want to see more Fireseed love!!! Happy Happy

Embala

Fireseed love Wink - I claimed the right of some "artistic freedom", though it's hardly my art.

faeriegirl

Wonderful!!! *squeee!!!!* She looks absolutely adorable!!!! Love it!!!!!

Embala

I'll post the Anime Avatars here as well - guess you don't mind Wink

faeriegirl

Don't mind at all!! Love them! =D