ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Startear's Characters

Startear

Yeah, so I was told to do this... and I will put up more. It's just that i type with one finger, and it takes time to write things, so I'm starting with the one which was easiest to make right now... Lilac, whic featured in one of my first Elfquest stories.

Name: Lilac

Birth-tribe: Unknown, possibly Go-Back?

Parents: Unknown

Appearance: Pale skin. he has the height of the Go-Backs and the other smaller elves. He has pale skin, and long brown hair, with bangs. His eye color is blue.

Attire: His clothes are almost always made bu humans. He can make them himself (at least he claims that he can make garments of leather, but that part isn't clear yet.) He usually wears green or brown when hunting, but in human settlements he likes to wear black.

Weapons: Spear is his favorite weapon, but he knows how to use a bow. He also keeps a knife in his belt at all times.

Role: Hunter

Skills: Lilac is quite good at tracking, and can seemingly dissapear swiftly, which has been and is a rather useful skill of his. He can also hold down his drinks and food for a long time, but it's unknown if this is because he's an elf or something else.

Personality: Lilac is quite arrogant, and believes that he is the best hunter. Problem is that he is an elf, and much better at this than the humans, which does nothing to cease his ego. He is a heavy drinker, especially of cider, which he trades for dead elvin bodies.

Background: Not much is known of Lilac's background. When he was 30, he started hunting elves in exchange of cider. He is quite expirienced in this, and so far he has been quite sucsessful. He recently killed Cutter.

Fanfictions: Good Bargain (warning; contains murder)

This is the piccture I have so far of him.

Startear

Here is a new one I made of Lilac

Startear

Name: Silvia

Birth-tribe: The <Demon> Tribe

Parents: Miko and Funlm

Appearance: Pale brown hair, yellow eyes, and black skin (shapechanged.) She is as tall as the High Ones

Attire: Silvia always wears pants. She did wear skirts for a while, but kept getting sick, so she started using pants instead. Ever since she discovered that humans are rather prude, she started wearing garments you scould easily take off, like scarfs as tops. Hence, Silvia often catches a cold.

Weapons: Stones and bow

Role: Scouter and trickster

Skills: Flying

Personality: Though Silvia is one of the older elves among the demon tribe, she is the least serious. She can be rather careless, and

Background: The <Demon> tribe is a group of elves who often trick with the humans, taunting them. Ever since they were taught what <Demon> means, they decided to become demons. Their healers shapechange their children to have unusual colors, like black, pink or even red. Silvia chose black to be her demoness color. Silvia did never believe the tales Urkel (Startear's grandfather) told her, of this Germany and the wars. She and Startear have had many fights over it, yet the two elves remained friends. When Startear left shortly after Urkel's death, Silvia decided to let "Roseskin" learn for her own that Germany and the other things does not excist.

Startear

Name: Startear, taken after Urkel, her grandfather died. Her previous name was Niam. She was called "Roseskin" by her grandfather and the younger generation, and later started to call herself "King of Norway."

Birth-tribe: The <Demon> Tribe

Parents: Sandpar and Cokolm

Appearance: Like the others in the <Demon> tribe, Startear decided to let herself be shapechanged. Her skin color is pink, sometimes purpleish if she has been in the sun too long. Her hair is purple, and the eyes are vivid green. Like the other elves in her tribe, she is as tall as the High ones suposedly were.

Attire: Startear has no real style, and likes to dress in various clothes. The only diffrence is if she is planning an attack or is on her "war." Then she wears something resembling pants.

Weapons: Only uses her magic

Role: Startear was the cook of the tribe after Urkel died. Before that, she was generally the one who taught up the children how to trick the humans

Skills: Can conjure fire

Personality: Startear was carefree and very childish until her grandfather died. She is still childish, but became mad after her grandfathers death. She is convinced that everything foul is Germany's fault. She took a new name, and increaded her agressiveness.

Background: After Urkel died, Niam changed. Devestated by the loss of her relative, she took a new name, Startear. She started to believe her grandfather's tales, and declared war on Germany shortly after. When she understood that no one of her tribe wished to follow, she left her tribe to persuit it.

Embala

Once again - cool Lilac! Looks very fitting according to his describtion.

Now I know who Silvia is ... more or less Wink

Your elves are definitely not of the easy-likable cuddle-me sort! Tongue

Startear

No they aren't, hehe. I find that in fanfictions, especially in Elfquest, don't cuddle me characters are very fun to write and to read in real books.

Startear

A younger, softer Lilac, from before he started killing elves

faeriegirl

....so what kind of clothes is Startear wearing? Smile Can't do decent dolling without examples or description, y'know! Wink

Startear

Startear wears many kinds of clothes, she wars whatever, depending on her mood. Like, if she's on her war, then she wars pats, but else... up to you (lame, I know, but I can add the pictures tomorow, with stable internet)

faeriegirl

No favorites at all?? In that case I'll just look at your pictures and throw them together for a nice doll!

Startear

Name: Mika

Birth-tribe: A little group of elves living close to the Vast Deep Water

Parents: Hirin, the daughter of a firstborn and a seal

Appearance: Because of the sealblood, Mika has a lot of silky fur, mostly creamy white with brown spots at his legs, face, and ears.

Attire: Mika only wears clothes in the winter time, and then only if he's on shore. It is often badly sewn furs.

Weapons: A pointy stick, uses it as a harpoon or as a spear for catching fish or birds. If he haven't brought it with him, he uses his sharp teeth to catch fish.

Role: Hunter of birds and fish. He has tried hunting in the nearby forest, but did not like it, so he stuck to the sea.

Skills: Excellent swimmer and hunter.

Personality: Mika is a very cheerful elf, who likes to play, especially in the water. For now, Mika is more concious about being alive and enjoying it, not expiriencing any of the madness which can happen when elves of mixed blood as of yet.

Background: Hirin, his mother had heard stories of her anchestors, and was especially taken by the story about how they could shape themselves into various creatures, and chose to test it herself. Upon this point she had never tried, and was very surprised that she managed to shape herself into a seal. Enjoying the freedom the sea gave her, she started to grown fond of the seals. Still being curious, she bore a seal's son, wanting to know how the child would look like. Mika was the result.

Was born out of the curiosity of a "what if there was a elf with blood from a creature of this word which did not have either cat or wolfblood?"

Embala

Cutie in look and temper, I'd say! Happy

Startear

Yup. Here is the cuddle me character everyone has been waiting for XD

Startear

Name: Maa (translated from elvin it means Moon)

Birth-tribe: Wolfriders

Parents: Skywise and Shenshen

Age: She was born but a month before Ember and Suntop were. Unlke her two playmates, she was not in the palace when Rayek did his time jump, and therefore grew up as Venka and Tyleet's older sister.

Appearance: She has her father's white hair. It is much longer than his, and is tied in a ponytail at the far bottom of it. Her eyes is another thing she inherited from her father, as the love of the quiet nights. In everything else she is her mother's daughter.

Attire: Maa wears a dark blue suit with pink lines at the end of the bottom ends, but anything with these two colors works

Weapons: Sword

Role: Gatherer and tanning are the roles she has taken in the tribe.

Skills: Tanning, "sense of danger" and an eye for detail

Personality: Much like Venka and Tyleet, Maa has a sense of serenity around her. She cares much for her "younger sisters" and will protect them if needed.

Background: When the Wolfriders invaded Sorrow's End, there was two recognitions instead of just one. Skywise did not grab Shenshen like his soulbrother, which may be the reason why those two came to accept the recognition far sooner than Leetah and Cutter.

She was a dear friend to the twins. When she followed the wolfriders after her father and her chieftain, her "Sense of Danger" which is very similailar to Suntop's magic feeling started to show. Still she took a liking to Aroree and often stared at the Egg. She was convinced that it told a story, but when Ember or her father asked where this story started she could neither tell them where it begun or what it was about.

When Winnowill sent to Rayek, Maa's "Sense of Danger" kicked in. Forgetting to send, she simply ran out, bumping into Cutter. When Cutter was about to ask what was wrong, the Palace vanished. After this, she decided that she would never again loose panic, dertimitted that if she had sent to either Cutter or the warning of danger to his family then it would not happen. The rest of her time was devoted to her "younger" sisters, herb lore and tried to make leathers as fine as Moonshade

Fanfictions: None as of yet. Will be added when I have this.

Dolls

WolfMoonSky

Very nice character Startear!!Smile

Gotta like Maa! gotta love her look and backgroundSmile

Startear

*note*

I was just told by someone that Maa means earth, not moon. Damned terrible Finnish translator... I have therefore changed it into Maaku, put together bu both words. Her name meaning in my made up, screwy Elvish is that her name is now Earth's Moon.

faeriegirl

Maakuu sounds good to me! Smile

Beryl

Wow she is pretty Startear.. I like her.. and her background too.. its a nice idea Smile

Embala

Two of yours Smile

... more might follow

Startear

Wow... I already knew about the very gorgeous Maa. With the moon and the stars.

But I had no idea that you've made Lilac! He is fantastic! Somehow you managed to get his arrogance into the doll. Not to mention the spear with bloodstain! I also love that you included blood on his clothes, very fitting. And behind him, a curtain of red, symbol of the sea of blood he leaves behind himself.

Embala

WOW ... I feel honored by your great praise, Startear - and flattered.

I loved to do Maa ... and Lilac almost created himself. I have chosen his deep blue eyes, the brown mane and black clothing - he added the arrogance. What would Lilac be without his spear - so he got one ... and obviously he came back from "working". And when someone should have a bloody red background - it would be him for sure.

Startear

Name: Sandrunner

Birth-tribe: Sun Village (Jackwolfrider)

Parents: Nightfall and Rayek

Appearance: (Will be added later)

Attire: (Will be added later)

Weapons: (Will be added later)

Role: (Will be added later)

Skills: (Will be added later)

Personality: (Will be added later)

Background: (Will be added later)

Fanfics: None as of yet

Startear

Name: Ekah (Stone's Light)

Soul-name: Bohl

Birth-tribe: Sun Village/Wolfrider

Parents: Moonshade and Ahnshen

Age: 534, born a year after Ember and Suntop (Final Quest age)

Appearance: Brown skinned, a little darker than Ember. Black hair worn in many small elaborate braids, often put in a ponytail for convenience's sake. ( If the dollmaker doesn't let you use that hair but allows locks, then go for locks.) Yellow eyes from her father.

Attire: Ekah stuck mostly to green and light gray while living with the Wolfriders at Thorny Mountain. In the short period she lived in Sun Village as an adult, she used orange and blue, with various scarves to protect against dust. She saved the other colors as night duds. Currently being on Venka's Quest, she is wearing brown with pink undershirt. She always keeps a pendant she stole from a troll in the Troll/Elf war.

Weapons: Prefer spears, but is good at using knife/dagger too. Hates archery, but is surprisingly good at it.

Role: Mainly a hunter, but being the daughter of Moonshade has given her a dair knowledge of tanning and helps when there is much to do. (Will be further updated when we know more of Venka's group)

Skills: A good tracker, she is a very capable hunter.

Personality: Ekah is usually a friendly spirit who goes along with mostly anyone. A misunderstanding between herself and Strongbow, interpreting his comments of Wolfrider supremacy as demeaning and passive aggressive insults against her. Interpiting this as criticism has made her very defensive whenever she thinks someone is coming with criticism, and this does cause tensions, as other elves think this means she doesn't trust them enough.

Background: Ekah was born to Ahnshen and Moonshade a year after Ember and Suntop. She spent her years being very carefree and loving her life in the village. When Savah's spirit was captured, she was not very keen on leaving her father and the village. But it was not after Dart said he was going to stay that she considered that she could refuse. But upon looking at Strongbow's face she grew too frightened to say anything, and has since that felt scared of him.

When the Gliders kidnapped everyone, she bolted right away, and ended up in together with was with them, and wasn't introduced to them before that. Had a lot of fun investigating the air tunnels.

The other big thing that happened in her young life was in the troll/elf war. She got along with the Go-Back children, though she found them a bit serious. When the trolls attacked the lodge, she attacked back with ruthless energy. At one point she picked off a pendant she found at a dead troll, and has kept ever since, either at her side or around her neck.

After the troll/elf war, nothing big happened in her life, before Rayek took them all to the Sun Village, and was picked to go to Thorny Mountain. This time she put a big fit, not wanting to go at ALL. She was forced to go though, and once again barely managed to not get kidnapped. This is also when her conflict with Strongbow escalated, as she slowly started turning her response from fear to anger. Despite this, she grew up mostly being a bigger sister for both Tyleet and Venka.

After the Palace came back, she went to the Sun Village, staying there until the humans got back. After that she went with Venka. Was told about Chitter in sending by Sunstream, and is excited to see her little sister.

Images

Thorny Mountain atire

Sun Village (day and night)

photo ekahsunvillage_zpsf5715897.png

photo sleepingatire_zps40c24e38.png

Startear

Name: Kanzee

Birth-tribe: Go-Back

Parents: Chot and Venka

Appearance: Brown skin, paler than her mother's. Black hair, reaching down to her shoulder blades. Brown eyes and sharp boned.

Attire: (Will be added later)

Weapons: (Will be added later)

Role: (Will be added later)

Skills: (Will be added later)

Personality: (Will be added later)

Background: (Will be added later)

Startear

Name: Cone (Nicknamed Moodkiller)

Birth-tribe: Wolfriders (Skyfire's time)

Parents: Sprig and Nightdancer.

Appearance: Grey eyes, with brown shaggy hair. Wears it in a ponytail to keep it away from her face. Ironically, it usually falls out. Little on the tall side for a full wolfrider. Strong runner, as she hasn't had a wolfriend in a few years. A few scars on her shoulder, usually hidden by her clothing.

Attire: Long sleeved green shirt. Fur vest on top of it when temperatures drop in the summer. Buckskin trousers.

Weapons: Bow is her forte, but carries a knife made of flint, in case she needs to cut strips of meat or finish a job.

Role: Huntress

Skills: Average at sending. Skilled archer, average tracking and good runner.

Personality: Used to be a fairly cheerful elf, rather curious of life. Little on the slow side in wits, she rarely told either the High Ones or the ones arguing against them off, despite thinking both could be rather ridiculous.

After the death of a wolfriend she was quite heartbroken. Grieving quite longer than what most Wolfriders do after loss of a wolfriend, she turned snappish and was often in a silent, yet grumbling mood. She often takes this out on others, and feels pleasure when she ruins other's days. Thus, she has been nicknamed Moodkiller behind her back.

Background: Cone was the second child between Sprig and Nightdancer. was a curious child, always exploring the trees and heights when she had done the useful things. Thus, she was named Cone. Didn't bond with a wolfriend before she was ten summers old. He was low ranking wolf called Rill. Both of them usually found the chase a lot more fun than the actual catch.

When Cone was twenty five, her wolfriend stepped into a rabbit hole, and fell. The fall surprised both wolf and rider, throwing his rider off. Rill broke his leg and neck. Cone merely scraped her shoulder. Taking the pelt was a tradition even then, and she did so. Proved to not be so smart. Her den smelled like her deceased but dear friend. She tried to launch her grief into hunting, but without a wolfriend, she often had to either ride behind another, or run. Of course, Cone grew stronger and a better runner, but still, everywhere she went, something reminded her of her friend.

Grieving longer than what was considered normal; a few grew annoyed by her depressed mood. Thus, a few verbal spars happened between her and others. Her mood grew sour, taking out resentment and unfairness out on others. She even took great pleasure when it worked, despite all it has ended with was verbal and physical spars, hurt feeling and sour moods. Has been reprimanded often by her mother and the chief. Has been called Moodkiller behind her back, mostly by the tribe's cubs.

Fanfics: None as of yet.

Dolls or other images:

Embala

She's so sad ... Unhappy Well captured!

Startear

Yes, she is. I was actually just going to write down some notes on her story, then the drawing happened. But I feel I executed it well.

note: I added a pic of how her clothes look like. Smile

Startear

Name: Ekah (Stone's Light)

Soul-name: Bohl

Birth-tribe: Sun Village/Wolfrider

Parents: Moonshade and Ahnshen

Age: 534, born a year after Ember and Suntop (Final Quest age)

Appearance: Brown skinned, a little darker than Ember. Black hair worn in many small elaborate braids, often put in a ponytail for convenience's sake. ( If the dollmaker doesn't let you use that hair but allows locks, then go for locks.) Yellow eyes from her father.

Attire: Ekah stuck mostly to green and light gray while living with the Wolfriders at Thorny Mountain. In the short period she lived in Sun Village as an adult, she used orange and blue, with various scarves to protect against dust. She saved the other colors as night duds. Currently being on Venka's Quest, she is wearing brown with pink undershirt. She always keeps a pendant she stole from a troll in the Troll/Elf war.

Weapons: Prefer spears, but is good at using knife/dagger too. Hates archery, but is surprisingly good at it.

Role: Mainly a hunter, but being the daughter of Moonshade has given her a dair knowledge of tanning and helps when there is much to do. (Will be further updated when we know more of Venka's group)

Skills: A good tracker, she is a very capable hunter.

Personality: Ekah is usually a friendly spirit who goes along with mostly anyone. A misunderstanding between herself and Strongbow, interpreting his comments of Wolfrider supremacy as demeaning and passive aggressive insults against her. Interpreting this as criticism has made her very defensive whenever she thinks someone is coming with criticism, and this does cause tensions, as other elves think this means she doesn't trust them enough.

Background: Ekah was born to Ahnshen and Moonshade a year after Ember and Suntop. She spent her years being very carefree and loving her life in the village. When Savah's spirit was captured, she was not very keen on leaving her father and the village. But it was not after Dart said he was going to stay that she considered that she could refuse. But upon looking at Strongbow's face she grew too frightened to say anything, and has since that felt scared of him.

When the Gliders kidnapped everyone, she bolted right away, and ended up in together with was with them, and wasn't introduced to them before that. Had a lot of fun investigating the air tunnels. The other big thing that happened in her young life was in the troll/elf war. She got along with the Go-Back children, though she found them a bit serious. When the trolls attacked the lodge, she attacked back with ruthless energy. At one point she picked off a pendant she found at a dead troll, and has kept ever since, either at her side or around her neck.

After the troll/elf war, nothing big happened in her life, before Rayek took them all to the Sun Village, and was picked to go to Thorny Mountain. This time she put a big fit, not wanting to go at ALL. She was forced to go though, and once again barely managed to not get kidnapped. This is also when her conflict with Strongbow escalated, as she slowly started turning her response from fear to anger. Despite this, she grew up mostly being a bigger sister for both Tyleet and Venka.

After the Palace came back, she went to the Sun Village, staying there until the humans got back. After that she went with Venka. Was told about Chitter in sending by Sunstream, and is excited to see her little sister.

Images

Thorny Mountain

photo Ekah.png

Sun Village

photo dayduds_zps27391674.png

photo sleepingatire_zps40c24e38.png

photo ekahsunvillage_zpsf5715897.png

photo ElegantEkah.png

Go-Back

photo ekah_winter_duds_zps94e8692b.png

Embala

I love to see another character thread revived, Startear! :D

That's a good background story for Ekah - well thought out. The pictures and descriptions are a good reference, not only for her but your other characters as well.

I miss your variant Ekah on the Erté maker ... for once she wore a dress made by her father! ;)

Startear

Thanks! I had the idea of her background for years, but had forgotten to update, then I found out the fear thing, and it connected it better. :D

I'd forgotten all about that one! Updated!

Embala

:-bd