ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Personal & Canon Character Collab

Tynami

This is going to be a doll collab for all of us to contribute to! There will be two pictures... one will be our personal characters, the other will be canon characters.

First we need to decide what base...

Suggestions with examples (not by me!): There are several poses in each base group.

Emby Quinn's Diva base

Angychan's Manga base

Something else? After we decide on a base we'll all make out a list of canon characters and pic who does what:

Cutter

Leetah

Nightfall

Moonshade

Ember

Suntop

Brill

Teir

Redlance

Tyleet

Scouter

Dewshine

Treestump

Clearbrook

Winnowill

Rayek

Venka

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... kinda in a hurry

elfeneyes

Manga base!

Nightsea

Not sure how this is setup. Do I pick a canon character
and then a set of poses, use one for the canon and one
for my personal character?

Maybe if you put the naked bases up I could try it?
--NS

Tynami

We need to chose which base to use first of the two or maybe suggest another. Then we'll pic characters, and as for personal characters, anyone can do anyone pretty much once we pick a base. Then there will be a final image with a background with everyone in one pic.

Embala

... don't know ...

Tynami

Well, here are the manga bases...

While the Diva's are fun to work with, you can't do much with them. So I think also that manga would be better. The bottom ones, not the revised set (I never liked those)

Ya'll can pick anyone you like to do cause doubles would be very awesome to see, since most likely they will be in different costumes or look totally different. If I have time after my writings I'll post some dollz on this base that I'll make. Feel free to make anyone, cannon or non-cannon. I'd love to see everyone participate in this one!

Jeedai

This looks like an interesting idea. I could do some things with this anime base. Might wanna try Tyleet. Are there different colored ones for other races or would we have to work them up ourselves?

As an aside, if I were to make up templates for the "Tiny Toon" versions of the elves (from the parodies in early New Blood and the anthology series) would anybody use them?

Tynami

You'd have to recolor the base yourself. As for the Tinytoons, I think that would be fun!

Beryl

Okay I finished mine..

Malus and Forrest Flame

Sunbirst and her brother Onyx

Embala

Malus looks great now with the different shades of green - sassy pose you have chosen.
I like Forrest Flame's bangs and the frings on her costume - she's very tomboyish.
Pretty siblings! I like the strand hanging over Onyx's eye. Sunburst is cute with her short hair - but she definitely is missing pointed ears Wink Neat sandals.

Beryl

aww thanks Embala Hug

I like that pose for Malus and Forrest Flame sure is a tomboy

Im quite happy that I managed to make Onyx hair curly

Yeah I know Sunbirst miss some pointy ears.. I tryed making her some.. but it didn't go well..

Embala

Perhaps a closer look on the Venka, posted by katcombs as an example, could help - pretty clear ears.

MrsGrizzley

I kept pretty close to profile on mine, only lengthened each ear a bit. *shrug*

S'posed to be Lei'Ahree.

Grizz

faeriegirl

First try on manga base, Elmireth:

Nightsea

All looking good!

--NS

Shadesong

This sounds like fun, and maybe a good way for me to take that next step and start using bases! Is there any sort of deadline, though? I can't promise I'll have time to work on it this weekend, and making all five of my characters would probably take over a month... ( Being unskilled and perfectionist is not a good combination! Wink )

Embala

Pretty first doll, MrsGrizzley Smile I like the shape of top and skirt.

Elmireth is a charming beauty. Careful shading - nice detail on her shoe, faeriegirl. The flower turned out beautifully.

Nightsea has fantastic hair! Her long shiny boots look almost too sexy, Nightsea Wink

faeriegirl

Pssst - I copied the hair-flower from an earlier doll! I could never make such a pretty flower myself (yet, I hope!) Happy

Love the other dollz!

Shadesong

I started working on Shadesong yesterday and got about halfway ( the easy parts! ). I dread making the hair, even with help from the templates...

I'd just like to add to the list at least two characters, who both are central to the story and still alive: Skywise and Strongbow. Maybe Newstar, Dart, and Kimo too? Krim, Yun..? Shenshen? It seems this picture is meant to represent the central characters of the story who are still alive ( except for Winnowill, who's... still a central character anyway! ).

It's really hard to know where to "draw the line" when it comes to whom to include, there have been so many stories, tribes and characters throughout the years. Not to mention time periods! In SATS and Discovery ( which I sort of consider "the present" due to it being the time in which Cutter is ) Chitter is just a cub, but in "Recognition" ( which I consider the future ) Pool and Sust are adults, and they're only a couple of years older than Chitter...

Tynami

First character I'm making... Tywaves

I've got Tynami, Change and Wolvesfire on the way. Probably some canon girls too.

Beryl

Aww she is so pretty and cute :D

faeriegirl

Cuteness!! Smile

Tynami

Here's Tynami... her hair took me forever! Next one will be a canon character, but going out for pizza... bbs

Edit:

Nightfall to go with that Redlance :D She took me most of the day... dang hair.

Last edit of the night:

Stormbreeze AKA Change in her amnesia outfit

Next will be a canon characters... male or female, any requests? I'll take upto 3 requests cause these take a while. Then Wolvesfire is after them.

Edit:

Wolvesfire, the last of my personal elves

Embala

Reserve Wolfrider Aroree and Aurek for me ... at least I'll try ...

Jeedai

Am I supposed to post Manga dolls to this thread as I finish them?

Tynami

Jink turned out fantastic. That would be great Smile I need my muse to get off her butt and help me make some more.

Startear

Here is the one I made of Maa, one of my characters on the manga base.

I'll think about who to make next of canon or personal

Startear

Today I made a drawing of Tyldak, but I can't acsess any scanner. In fustration of being unable to do so, I made it on the mangabase.

Startear

Another canon character on the manga base, Greenz from Wolfshadow

And my dear Lilac, from his younger years.

Embala

Both your OCs and EQ chars look ab, Startear Thumbs_up And you are busy!