ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Annual Halloween Challenge

Tynami

Site for this contest: http://kat.of-the-night.com/Halloween/

This contest is actually being run from the site and is (I hope) going to be posted on as many micro and doll boards as I can.

-- Site not up yet, need to update the site from last year --

Please post entries here or PM them to me.

What to do:

What you have to do is dress up ANY popular characters up as someone else for Halloween, but still show who it is. And that doesn't mean dress batman up as batman, more like dress him up as a bat or dress wonder woman up as a princess or Supergirl as Hermione Granger. Maybe even Cutter as Batman or something.

Runs: Now -> Oct 31st - Open

Rules:

* Dolls or micros, 5 entries for the judging, but you can send as many as you want. Be sure to tell me which 5.

* Character must be Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Wildstorm or Image (or another comic company), TV, Movie or Book, no homemade characters, but who they dress up as doesn't matter.

* Transparent is preferred, but not a must!

* Both old and new micros and dolls will be accepted (unless they were in a previous contest)

* There will be several categories for the winners

* Prize is a micro or doll of your choice (female preferred) & awards

* Anyone can enter, new micro makers, older ones and doll creators!

* Keep them dressed, no nudes! (that's a different contest)

* No drag and drop dolls, all must be hand drawn, they can use bases, but no dollmakers

* If a doll, please include the name and location of the base in your email/post/PM

* Taking another persons, or another of your micros and changing the head does NOT count, the micro/doll must be done by you, please avoid frankendolling. Hair doesn't count since even I can't so hair :D

Note: If I missed anything from last year on the pages, PLEASE let me know ASAP. The last few contests I could dig up are on those pages.

The fun stuff!!!

Creators in costume!!!

If you're dressing up for Halloween this year, send me your micro or doll for here. I'll probably change who I'm dressing as. These are micros ya'll make and I think it's cool seeing them all together.

Me Smile

PS: If you know of ANY other active micro boards I can post this on, show me the way!

WhiteGhost

I are gonna make one- you probably wont twig to the characters- but you should get the costumes right off. Smile

WhiteGhost

Silindor bases. Its Lusiphur, Jace & Cleah, with Petunia the pixie from "Poison Elves".Smile

Embala

Oh ... almost have forgotten this one. Grrrrreat job, Whiteghost Yeah

Of course I don't know the elves. Must admit when I saw it first (half asleep) it was going this way:

Poison elfes, okay ... that's Rayek ... and Newstar ... the green one - Mender?? ... but who should this strange pink haired Preserver be ... and why is it looking like ... uh, Tinkerbell?!? And after a VERY long moment I was aware who they really portrayed! *blushes*

And then I decided to go to bed!

btw: Rayek (better: Haken), young Newstar and Scouter would have made a nice choice, too ... leaves choosing a fitting Preserver *lol*

Tynami

Maybe this will help

I only know who they are cause one year they did a 'free comic book day' issue of them.

Embala

Thanks Smile

Jeedai

Jink as Ginormica, from Monsters Vs Aliens.

I thought about giving her blue eyes, but ... nah.

WhiteGhost

You got that issue for free comic day? O__O Dang, I had to go to halifax to find that one!! [I dont think we have free comic day in my part of canada...]

Werwolf Arc is one of my favorites ;D I love the way Drew drew the forest scenes.

Embala

Great Halloween costume for Jink, Jeedai ... so fitting in your current series! The exactness of the jumpsuit details is awesome. I had to google Ginormica ... now I understand why this micro is a macro *lol*

Tynami

Quote:

You got that issue for free comic day? O__O Dang, I had to go to halifax to find that one!! [I dont think we have free comic day in my part of canada...]

Werwolf Arc is one of my favorites ;D I love the way Drew drew the forest scenes.

Not that specific issue, donno what happened to the one I got... it's here somewhere I think.

This contest is officially closed for judging Smile Give me about a week to set it up, RL has got me SUPER busy.

Tynami

Embala

I love this stamps, katcombs, especially the Thing-fairy is prizeless! So sad that I don't know the chars well enough to enjoy them to the full.

There seems to be reason to congratulate Whiteghost Yeah

WhiteGhost

Oooh Now I want to see what other dolls were entered :D

How many did you get?