ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Annual Holiday Pixel Cards

Tynami

Since not everyone celebrates Christmas, this challenge has turned into 'holiday cards'

Cards need to be in this format.

Previous years:

What to do, you ask? Just make a Christmas or Winter holiday of your choice card for all to see. You must send base credits (if you know). There doesn't have to be a doll in the card, just something festive! This is something just for fun and I hope everyone participates!

This opens NOW to Jan 1st

Like the Halloween challenge, you can also post your Christmas outfits here Smile

Embala

That's a great row of annual Christmas cards, katcombs Clap Especially the second girl is nicely packed! Wink

It's a pity that I seem to lack talent for such things - or at least inspiration. *sigh*

Tynami

Even a dollmaker dressed up would be fine with these, as long as it fits those dimensions and it has your name on it Smile Something festive.

Embala

Hhmmm ... *high ones*

MrsGrizzley

Cute cards!!!

Soo.... it's gotta be a set dimension? Uhm... could be interesting... What's the pixel-count on those dimensions anyway? Since I'm not just real sure what you mean by "this format".

I might JUST try my hand at it...

Though I have to admit, I think the one wrapped in ribbon is entirely hilarious 'cause I've got at least one character who would DO that...

And I KNOW that Crucent's elf-self has DONE it already.

Grizz

Tynami

It's 148x121 (I'm not exactly sure why I picked that exact dimension, but it's what it ended up).

MrsGrizzley

Okies.

I'll see what I can come up with... as soon as my brain's not fried from NaNoWriMo. *sigh*

Grizz

Tynami

Just realized I forgot to post my card!

WolfMoonSky

Very cool Katcombs!!Happy

Embala

Love the kitty Kat - really festive outfit Wink

[Deleted User]

Marvellous cat, Kat! I can almost feel the velvety fur on the skin...or well, that's how I imagine it is.

Here's mine, two texts, for those who celebrate christmas and for those who do not... Wink Pick either one!

EDIT: as always, I forget to credit the base... base by Joffre Roda

Embala

A splendid Moonmoss in festive green! It somehow compements katcombs' card.

Love what I see so far Clap

Tynami

Gorgeous card, I love the greens on her, beautiful!

MrsGrizzley

Ehh, it's not as creative as Embala's but it'll do for the time being.

Grizz

Embala

Huh? ... havn't made a card so far, Grizz.

Love yours in the revised traveler outfit!

MrsGrizzley

*headdesk* I swear, I can't keep up with names... Who was it that did the white/blue haired girl in green....

MOONMOSS!!!

That's who it was.

Sorry, sorry, I need to pay closer attention to these things.

Oh, and here's a variation since I figured it would look better with a smile...

Grizz

[Deleted User]

Lovely card, Mrs.Grizzley- I envy how creative you are with words- I never know what to write in the card and you got so much good stuff in such a small card! And your doll is beautiful, I love the dress most!

And it's natural you'd think of Embala, when there's a bluish/witish haired girl in green in sight, especially since I've been absent for the last year or somethingHeart

katcombs, Embala, Mrs.Grizzley- thanks for the lovely feedback!

Nightsea

base

<3,

--NS

elfeneyes

Here's mine and Moonmoss you MUST post the doll you show on the card!! She's beautiful! :D

**If this shows a white bar on the dress, it needs to be refreshed to be corrected.

Embala

The smile is a win, Grizz. Just learned who this lady in red really is ... I love your nod to reality with the grey part-line Wink

Great card with this alternate color scheme, Nightsea. The doll is spot on as alway - feeling a bit with chilly girl, tho!

WOW ... awesome doll, elfeneyes! The locks, the festive "jewelry, the lace especially - incredible! Is it just my impression or ist there something missing in the whate bar?

elfeneyes

The white bar is a refresh error, I've corrected it already to be red

Embala

Oh *grin* - it looked like one of those banner you could find on old-fashioned cards. All red and beautiful now!

elfeneyes

Thanks! :D I have the full doll on my DA acct and website :D

[Deleted User]

Beautiful card, Nightsea- that background makes me feel chilly though Smile

elfeneyes: I checked the full doll from your website- she's lovely!

and because I have major update to make on my dolling site I'm just lazy and post the full Festive Modern Moonmoss here, for the lack of better place. I had to keep the red background- didn't realize I'd made colours to fit to that, not for a seethrough background. Tongue

edit: tweaked the picture a bit.

WolfMoonSky

WOW beautifull Moonmoss!!Happy

Embala

Beautiful, Moonmoss! The flirty pose, the modern dress in festive green, the floral nod to her elfin heritage ... and I just love the red shoes!

chama

Base

Lovely, Moonmoss, Nightsea, Kat, and elfeneyes. Such gorgeous cards!

Embala

Nice card, Chama, the girl is charming! Any chance we'll see a full body shot?

Tynami

Love that card!!

chama

Thank you. And yes, you can see one.

It's supposed to be Leiri, but the dollmaker hair was far tamer. xD

Embala

A Christmas sweetheart! Happy

Jeedai

MrsGrizzley

Ya know... I really like that one! *giggle* So CUTE!!

Grizz

chama

Haha! That's adorable, Jeedai. I love it. xD

Embala

Prizeless, Jeedai! Prizeless! Yeah

Lonetree

I love it, Jeedai!

WolfMoonSky

Prizeless, Jeedai!!!

It's awesome!!

Jeedai

Thanks, and good work everyone!

Tynami

I'm going to go ahead and reopen this project, it's now open from now until Jan 1, 2011.

The NEW site for it is: http://katslegends.t15.org/Christmas.html

Here's the card blank:

Tynami

Here's mine for this year:

And the me elf that went to it... She doesn't have a name, she's just me dressed as an elf.

cometduster

Oooooo very nice Kat....Love the striped stockings....Smile

Embala

Awesome Christmas elf! Great job on the "candy stockings" and the color and fit of the vest. I love the matching festive armbands, garters and buttons.

I bet Skywise would love to work for Santa when YOU are there Wink

WolfMoonSky

Awesome christmas elf Kat!! love the design! Smile

I also made one.

full verion of the doll. I made my self-elf. It took me hours to make this, but i think it was worth it.

Embala

That looks fantastic, Wolfie! Very festive with the fur trims and the Santa cap - and absolutely WolfMoonSky.

The catrd is nicely adorned - a loving Holiday greeting Clap

WolfMoonSky

Thanks so much Embala! I'm glad you liked it.Smile The design was difficult to do cause I didn't knew wich colors were good for her XD