Commenting has moved to the Elfquest homepage! Read more

This forum is no longer active, though you can read the archives. Discussion has moved to elfquest.com itself, where you can comment on individual postings.

Daughter of Sea and Sun - Korafay

edited November -1 in Characters

Comments

• edited January 2013
    This close-up from a Final Quest teaser makes me wonder ...

1. Is the bundle Brill huddles the child she is carrying after the Recognition in Discovery?

2. Is it another child from a second Recognition with Sunstream?

3. Is it (possibly) the child of Ember and Teir, adopted after something happened to the parents?
  • edited January 2013
    1. Brill and Sunstream look identical as they were shown in Discovery - so this option would be the most likely. Would end the speculations, whether there will be twins born to the twin-couple.

2. In the same poster Shuna is shown as a very old woman. In case the whole poster is an exact "snapshot" from the storyline, this cubling must be a much younger sibling of Sunstream's and Brill's firstborn child(ren).

3. Not much evidence for it - just fan speculation due to the fact, that Ember and Teir do not show in the poster. And that they will most probably recognize in the Final Quest. And some other teasers hint that something bad might happen to Ember.

Last not least ...

4. This teaser is very possible a collage of scenes, not a snapshot. And as far as I've got it not really new ... so things might have changed in time passing between this picture and the actual writing/drawing up of the Final Quest.

And YES ... this is ALL about fan speculation Wink

Easter EggQuest 2012 found
  • edited March 2012
    1. Brill and Sunstream look identical as they were shown in Discovery
    I wouldn't think too much over that. It pretty much looks like Sunstream has been copy pasted from Discovery...*fiddles around with ps*
    Brill's pose looks familiar too. Not sure tho.
  • *takes a closer look* ... pretty much, indeed.

Brings us back to the collage theory ... and to suggestion #1 Wink
  • She is born Smile - on Monday, January 21st 2013

... and her entry is quite a bit spectacular
  • Embala said

This close-up from a Final Quest teaser makes me wonder ...

1. Is the bundle Brill huddles the child she is carrying after the Recognition in Discovery?

2. Is it another child from a second Recognition with Sunstream?

3. Is it (possibly) the child of Ember and Teir, adopted after something happened to the parents?

. Look how both full of hope and concerned and worried Brill and Sunstream look
    . Remind that Winnowill remained in Abode's oceans for looooooooooooooooooooooong
    . Brill decided to give birth to her daughter in open waters, despite old cautions
    . Dig about what was hinted at about births, among sea elves in OWD
    . The same teasing picture shows a VERY aged female human
    . Remember there's something called wrapstuff
    . Sunstream can find other elves

..and guess
  • SHE'S AN ABSOLUTE CUTIE!!!!
  • edited April 2014
    Remember there's something called wrapstuff
    ..and guess

IN CASE Jink = Korafay wrapstuff would make sense.

Korafay is born in TFQ Prologue.
    The Final Quest ist announced as a decades spanning adventure - definitely long enought for Chitter to grow up as a wolfrider.
    Jink is shown growing up in the space travelling Palace.

The time discrepancy could (only ?) be explained by Korafay going in wrapstuff as an infant and being "uncocooned" shortly before the takeoff.

Easter EggQuest 2014 image found
  • No one would dare to doubt Redheads's word Wink ...

but here is the little cutie in person for your delight. Welcome to the WoTMs, little Korafay!

Precious beyond words..
  • Embala said

No one would dare to doubt Redheads's word Wink ...

but here is the little cutie in person for your delight. Welcome to the WoTMs, little Korafay!

So cute. I love her wingfins. :D
  • Oh, she's so CUTE!!! Luvlove
  • And she has water wings!Laugh
  • And she has water wings!Laugh
    Elfmom here: they're filmy little transparent baby fins that echo the shape of her ears.
    Water wings indeed - looks as surprising as cute Wink

I'll add some more quotes of Wendy on Facebook - commenting on speculations or answering question around Korafay ...

about being born with webbed hands and feets and fins at all:
    Elfmom here - all the different elf tribes have adaptation traits they are able to pass on to their offspring. The Wolfriders pass on acute hearing, sight, sense of smell, etc. The Sun Folk, when they lived in the Sun Village and had the rare child, passed on their adaptive skin coloring, etc. Korafay, born of Recognition between a Wavedancer and a shape-shifted immortal, has little fins...but what else? Time will tell.

about speculation that Korafay might be Jink (posted by another user):
    This was asked in the comments on Wendys timeline, and this was the answer: Attention Stefan & Jim - this is not a tease, a red herring or a spoiler. You can take it to the bank: baby Korafay is NOT Jink. Besides, her hair is sea foam green, not white.

about the name Korafay - and a possible soulname:
    by Richard: Korafay is the baby's Wavedancer tribe name, not her soul name (assuming she has one). More on that later.

Elfmom here: What's baby Korafay's soul name...or Brill's? Well, as Elfpop and I view 2013 Elfquest canon, the use of soul names is, by and large, a Wolfrider thing. Immortal Sunstream has a soul name because of his early Wolfrider upbringing and whatever genetic heritage from his mortal dad, Cutter, he retains. The Wolfriders are the rugged individualists of the World of Two Moons (yep, even more so than the Go-Backs), requiring soul names to preserve their innermost privacy. Conversely, the Wavedancers are more of one heart and one mind than any other elf tribe. From ancient times they've been deeply dependent on sending for silent communication on the surface or underwater. As a result, they are intimately psychically bonded...a "school" we might say. Anyhow, this is how Richard and I see the Wavedancers today. It makes sense to us...and makes for great story opportunities, too. Wink
    As it was clearly pointed out in the comic the Korafay is the girl's tribename I'm still wondering where she will be the exception from the rule - and turns out to have a soulname ... the last remaining heritage of her Wolfrider ancestors.
    Just speculation Wink

Elfmom here: a lot of you seem to think Korafay's name is based on 'Coral Fae' (a very reasonable assumption and a pretty one). But 'tis not so. Someday, when the series is finished, Richard and I will tell you how we actually cobbled the name together. We even have an email paper trail to prove it!
  • Korafay, born of Recognition between a Wavedancer and a shape-shifted immortal, has little fins...but what else? Time will tell.

Does that mean Sunstream was "Sunfish" when Korafay was concieved? I thought the answer of recognition happened when he grapped Brill and carried her away in the Palace.
  • They answered Recognition in the Palace as you've assumed, Redhead - and because we talk about Recognition Korafay was conceived in this very moment for sure!

But ... Sunstream was already shape-shifted to some degree at this moment - by the Palace. He has grown visibly ... maybe he went throught other, less obvious changes that made him closer to a High One in the process. Possibly this line referes to the years in wrapstuff. Just a thought.
  • I know why Korafay has light green hair. There's too much chlorine in the pool.

• I know why Korafay has light green hair. There's too much chlorine in the pool.

Oh...that's just wrong... vveg
  • Does that mean Sunstream was "Sunfish" when Korafay was concieved?

If so, he had to be careful with those poisonous fins!
  • edited February 2013
    Just had a thought. When my baby sister was born, my dad had a beard and a moustache. (She called it his "mushbeard"). When she was about two, he shaved it all off. I had never seen my dad without his beard before either, but I didn't freak out (being older). My sister, however, hid under the sink and cried for half a day "bring back my daddy." He just crouched there for hours, trying to convince her "I am your daddy," and telling her she needed to come out. And she would say "then where's your mushbeard?"

How much worse is this point of confusion going to be for little Korafay?
  • I think being able to send and everything might help. Like, I somehow always assumed that elf-children knew what their parents looked like even before they were born...
  • That's a fascinating and surprising story, lunakat. I feel for both your baby sister, who was crying for her "lost" Daddy and for your father - he must have felt so helpless! This shave must have made an enourmous difference.
    Indeed sending will be a great help in this case. I think Korafay would recognice the love and truth in the sending even when her father looked very different.

Interesting thought about elf children already "knowing" the look of their parents before birth, Redhead., at least to a certain degree. Yes, elves seem to send to their unborn child just like humans talk and sing for it. Even when the abilities are still rudimentary and underdeveloped the child will get feelings and pictures mor proberbly. And with the sendings it can get an image of Mom and Dad - most probably through eyes and mind of the respective partner.

On the other side the parents will not know the real face of their child - because the little one has no idea how it looks like. Maybe - the parents can see the "soul image" ...
  • Korafay seems vey advanced, in that she can imitate her mother's cloudfish impression.

• Korafay seems vey advanced, in that she can imitate her mother's cloudfish impression.

from Facebook:
    Elfmom here - Wavedancer babies ARE more advanced than other elfin newborns. Like brand new baby dolphins, they're born ready to swim, to play and even to communicate in an infantile fashion. Imitation is the quickest way they learn.
  • I wonder if her wingfins will develop just from her forearms, or if they will continue over her shoulders, head and back.

Maybe she can fly like the Submariner.
  • S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

F

O

R

L

A

T

E

S

T

P

A

G

E

!

SHE CAN FLY!
  • edited February 2013
    Is it flight, or just levitating on water? Too soon to tell?

• Will she be a "glider" like Rayek, being able to levitate herself - or a water-walker? Time will tell Wink

from Facebook:
    ElfQuest® the official page @Tomyko - the ability to levitate or "float" is not exclusive to the Gliders (leave us not forget Rayek and Widkin etc.). It's one of the "old powers" that all the High Ones originally had.
  • AAAAAAAWWWWWW Korafay want's to dance with grandma LuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvloveLuvlove