Commenting has moved to the Elfquest homepage! Read more

This forum is no longer active, though you can read the archives. Discussion has moved to elfquest.com itself, where you can comment on individual postings.

Easter EggQuest

edited November -1 in Fan Art & Fiction

Comments

• edited February 2015
    A little game for the time before Easter - hoping some of you will join in and have fun with it. Happy

It's like a Tresure Hunt.

I have prepared Easter eggs and nests ... quite similar to the Christmas baubles you might know from my Advent Calendar. Starting coming Monday I will post a nest with three or more eggs every day until Easter Monday.
    BUT - the eggs are still empty!
    You will have to hunt down the hidden decoration pics and bring them back to this thread.
    Well - at least I hope you are willing to hunt them down Wink

The rules are simple:

1. I'll post one empty nest per day in the Easter EggQuest thread.

2. The look of the nest and the number of eggs will hint which character you have to hunt down - and I will give more verbal hints.

3. The decorations are hidden - each character in a dedicated Character thread. Use the *Keeping in Character listing* for easier hunt (updated list on page #1, second-last post).
    I'll drop the decorations at different times, so that more members have a chance to find one first, but all within 24 hours after the nest is posted.
    You will find the decorations - as tiny eggs - in ONE of my OLD posts Razz ... and not necessarily the most recent one! So look through the character thread when you suspect an egg there - starting at the end is encouraged, tho.

4. When you find a tiny egg bring it to the EasterEgg thread - post it here!
    - copy/paste the image code
    - or link to the character thread
    - or just tell me in your post where you've found it.

5. I will "lay it in the nest" - when all hidden eggs are found it will show nicely decorated Happy

Any questions?

I hope to meet many of you in the thread and wish you fun during the next two weeks - either as an eager and successful hunter or as a visitor!

Easter EggQuest 2012 - Parents and Cubs and The Gift Egg Collection at page #7
    click right mouse key on the nests to enlarge them

image - image - image - image

Easter EggQuest 2013 - Family and Friends and The Gift Egg Collection at page #23

image - image - image - image - image -image

Easter EggQuest 2014 - Unexpected relationships and The Gift Egg Collection at page #36

Here the filled nests will be gathered and shown as thumbnails - one by one - as the hunt proceeds.

There are some pretties in this thread which are not linked to - contributions and gifts by friends and visitors. Happy You'll have to hunt for them!

- under reconstuction -
  • That really sounds great I cannot wait for the fun to begin!
  • Welcome, Watershaper! Yay

It will start soon enough ... running last preparations right now .
  • edited April 2012
    Let's start Happy

COUNT ... and then THINK. The number is the best hint!

This nest is an exception from the rule #3 - I will post only one egg per day (or none) from now until Easter Monday. Have dropped the first one!
    And it's sort of a variation of this year's theme ...

Remember - all the tiny eggs you are supposed to find are hidden in the Keeping In Character threads only.
    And the theme is "Parents and Cubs" - should limit the threads in question Wink

Have FUN!
  • edited March 2012
    The first day, the first "regular" nest ...

Think of a BEGINNING ... essential for our favorite graphic novel!

The three eggs will be randomly dropped during the day.
  • edited March 2012
    Found one!

And another!

• edited March 2012
    I found another one

• Congratulations to the first successful hunter, Cleopatra! Clap

Yay Glad you have fun, Redhead! Your finds are added to the circle now.

Well done, Watershaper! Happy

Good hunt!
  • Think I found one:

At least it hasn't said found yet.
  • You have completed todays's nest, Hammer! Yeah I'm going to chance it into the decorated version at once!
  • Just curious, doesn't one of them count for both sets, in a way?
  • edited March 2012
    The character has to be in the right egg, too ... so no "double match", Hammer Wink
  • This is awesome, Embala! Can't wait for the next one! Happy
  • edited March 2012

This nest is NOT COMPLETE ... but that's all we knew for a very long time.
  • Shouldn't all the chiefs be posted by now? I've been looking... couldn't find 'em!
  • That's why I made the Chiefs Circle an exception from rule #3! Tongue

Quote:
    ... This nest is an exception from the rule #3 - I will post only one egg per day (or none) from now until Easter Monday. ...

But there is an egg lying around ... somewhere!
  • I found one!! Yay

• Oooh, what a neat Quest! Got one too!

• Hang on! There should be one egg for Moonshade and one for Dart, not one with both!

(+ of course a sort of 'floathing' one at the side for Crescent and a tiny little one for Chitter!)
  • edited March 2012
    Redhead, the clue specifically stated that:

This nest is NOT COMPLETE ... but that's all we knew for a very long time.

..so someone will be missing, I think... Smile And I think it was a neat twist to put Dart as a little cub in same egg with his mom Smile
  • edited March 2012
    WOW ... that was FAST, Beryl! I've dropped Strongbow hardly five minutes before! Looks like you were just waiting for him. Glad you were at the right time at the right place ... I know it made you cheer Kiss

You are determind to gather all the Chiefs, are you Redhead? Skyfire is added ... good luck for the next one! Thumbs_up

How did you manage this, Moonmoos? Passing by just in time for Moonshade is a neat stunt! Thanks for the kind words Happy ... hope you'll look in again.
  • edited March 2012
    I found Dart :D

• I thought Id seen Dart, but Id passed it ip thinking it had been found already. : )

Great fun!
  • edited June 2012
    Ha! You've got him, Beryl. The full nest is showing now. Yay

Glad you have fun, Hammer! I suggest to bring it in as long as it isn't marked red - worst that can happen is that it's popping up here twice ... or trice Wink

Welcome, Seastorm - enjoy and have fun Wave
  • edited March 2012

The most unlikely nest ...
  • Pretty nest Hypnotize I found smelt
  • edited March 2012
    I did, however, find these two:

and

One to go for today?