ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

MultiMEDEA

There's the start of an interesting discussion of this character in the "Mender's Tale" thread so I thought I'd bring it over here...

Quote:
Multimedea

I also like how some of the events spilled over into the backstory of the "Recognition" storyline. I especially like how Angrif Djun is shaping up as a character. Finally, a human quasi-villain with more layers than 2-ply toilet paper.

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Quote:
Killey

I'm not so sure Angrif is a quasi-villain so much as the next arch-villain. There are only three genuinely hardcore-evil villains I can think of in Elfquest; Winnowill, Djun (sr), and Angrif. Angrif is a dyed-in-the-wool cold-blooded redemptionless killer.

Oh yeah, Angrif's as Machiavellian as all-get-out. But he's not (yet) an arch-villain in the EQ sense as the elves in general are basically an afterthought to him. He's not particularly obsessed with them as other past human villains have been. Yeah, he claimed when he was a teen that he'd exterminate all elves, but he's been fairly lackadaisical about it til now. He'd let 25-30 years pass by and raised two sons (destined to march in his hob-nailed bootsteps) in that time and hadn't had any contact with elves during then. He'd forgotten Ember's tribe was in the area until Erghii reminded him. He was keeping his eyes on the prize of expanding Djunlander territory by any means necessary. Not so groovy for the Longrider clan, but getting their area was his main goal. Getting some payback on the elves was a fringe benefit. Killing his pop and sis wasn't so groovy either, but he's a weasel from a pack of weasels and history is ripe with tales of outstanding leaders gaining a throne via familiacide.

This is an interesting discussion. I may move over to the "Angrif Djun" character thread if anyone else is interested in pursuing any possible plotlines coming from it. Or, how it might tie into the Final Quest?

So, any thoughts on Angrif? Is he a new kind of human on Abode, seeing the elves as neither spirits to be worshiped nor demons to be eradicated at all costs? Can he and Ember's tribe live side by side in relative peace (if he finds it politically expedient to do so?) And who is Lodok and Rathol's mother? What woman would be craz--er--lucky enough to marry a Djun? :D