ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Adverseria

Ok, I have finally gotten around to filling out this questionnaire...

Name: Adverseria (which came from an Elfquest unrelated online RPG many years ago, and just stuck with me) or my real name, Kelly

Age: 22 (I'm getting old. I'll need a hearing aid and a walker soon!) Wink

Occupation: Currently temping. I just graduated from college with a degree in arts management and a concentration in music business. Basically, I'm conducting a search for the perfect job. Until then, I need to temp to pay the bills. :(

Got a job/are you at school? See above

Favourite food: Hmmm... Italian (as I am half Italian, and my mom makes KILLER Italian food), Mexican, Thai, Chinese (I LOVE to use chopsticks!).

How long have you been a fan of EQ? As far back as I can remember (basically all my life).

How did you become a fan? My great aunt gave my older sister a copy of the Starblaze graphic novel #1 when she was quite young. Being the pesky younger sister who wanted to do everything my older sis did, I read it as often as my sister would let me (which meant I would borrow it without asking quite frequently). At that time I could basically only stare at Wendy's amazing artwork (as reading had not been mastered yet). As my sister's collection grew, so did my love of Elfquest. My sister eventually gave me my very first Elfquest possession (the Starblaze graphic novel #3). That is, to this day, my favorite Elfquest item in the world.

Who's you're favourite character? I love Ember (as I see a lot of myself in her, esp. the bratty sister part. Ember and I were both hard to deal with as kids. But we both matured as we grew.) I also love Rayek, Tier, Strongbow, Tyleet, Cutter, and Shen Shen (the younger sister in me).

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? I love music in general, but my faves are alt. rock (esp. British rock, though Ok Go is my current favorite band), musicals (the performer in me), and standards (as sung by people such as Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin- they will ALWAYS be cool!).

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? I keep up on Wonder Woman, and my sister is getting me into Fables.

What are your hobbies? Music (attending concerts, reading about, talking about, singing, etc. etc.) reading (Douglas Coupland is a fav. of mine. I have met him twice, and he is a great guy!), collecting all sorts of crap that I have no money for Wink , and having fun with friends (how dorky does that sound?)

Favourite films? OOO! Hard One! Edward Scissorhands, Last Unicorn (I was OBSESSED as a child!), Y Tu Mama Tambien (Gael Garcia Bernal is mine!), Bridget Jones' Diary, The BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (I forgot to mention that Jane Austen is also a fav. author. I collect old copies of her books.), Velvet Goldmine, most Adam Sandler comedies, Chocolate, and more that I can't think of right now!

Favorite TV Show(s)? Sorry, had to add that in. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, That 70's Show, and Sex and the City.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Not so much, though I do enjoy the occasional Mortal Combat (I get out all my pent up anger when I play that game!).

How are you like/describe your personality: Happy, bubbly, sarcastic, sharp sense of humor, strong, kind of shy ( I NEVER talk this much).

Describe how you look: Long, wavy brown hair, green eyes, pale skin (my Irish half), 5'5, average build ( I don't have any recent photos of myself to put up here- Doh!).