ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Have you ever dreamed an ElfQuest dream?

Leanan

I had one quite recently. It involved a South American civil war, and an election in which people voted not only for the president but for president+pretty secretary couples. I was one of the would-be secretaries, in fact two presidential candidates had both chosen me for the job. There was also some de-throned asian monarch hiding from assassins.

Now for the Elfquest element - in the midst of this mess, Skywise was fooling about with a bunch of humans and a pretty elf-girl who was probably Yun's mother. They were pretending to be journalists, but in fact their videocamera was a 'magic' one - the film showed everybody without clothes. It was hilarious. They filmed the candidates, the monarch, the monarch's young daughter, and of course Yun's mother, all official and serious with a microphone.

Forti-an-twa

Well, if you're reading elfquest regurlarly it's impossible not to affect your uncoinscience (dont know if that's the right word), and thus affecting your dreams. I've had several elfquest related dreams over the years, but one stands somewhat clear in my head.

The scenery is that of my hometown, and the wolfrider tribe is fighting a battle in a little forest just outside the town. They are apparantly fighting a human tribe, and the little forest stream is running violently with blood. Cutter leads the massacre, and his eyes are red with fury and bloodlust. Watching the bloodbath is leetah, crying in frustration and despair, apparently over cutter. Really weird dream. :roll:

krwordgazer

I have dreamed about Elfquest from time to time. Oddly enough, both of the ones I remember were centered around my car. Surprised In the first one, I was checking my oil when Cutter jumped up on the bumper, looked at the engine, and said it stank.

In the second, Rayek was driving me somewhere, and I was in the passenger seat. He was trying to convince me that I would make a better lifemate for him than Leetah ever would. But I didn't want to marry him because I thought he was too controlling.

Very odd. . .

scarlettdoll

[quote:302bb3e9af="krwordgazer"]I have dreamed about Elfquest from time to time. Oddly enough, both of the ones I remember were centered around my car. Surprised In the first one, I was checking my oil when Cutter jumped up on the bumper, looked at the engine, and said it stank.

In the second, Rayek was driving me somewhere, and I was in the passenger seat. He was trying to convince me that I would make a better lifemate for him than Leetah ever would. But I didn't want to marry him because I thought he was too controlling.

Very odd. . .[/quote:302bb3e9af] Grin I like these!

Leanan

last night I dreamed I was reading a new EQ comic drawn by Wendy. In it, Strongbow and Moonshade were walking the sunny streets of some mediterranean holiday resort town - a town full of humans, and nobody paid them any attention. They even had their wolves with them - and Moonshade was carrying a baby in her arms!

Stillwater

I'm jealous! I don't think I've ever had an elfquest dream, or at least not one that I recall. I don't usually remember my dreams, or I may remember bits and pieces for a day or two and then forget it altogether. I wish I could master the technique of controlling my dreams--now that would be fun. I'm forever waking up right when things get interesting!

ChristinaRaibert0

A long time ago - before SaTS came out anyway - I dreamt that they updated the Elfquest website with preview pages from four new Wendy books. one was about Ember (if I recall it right) while the second was with the WaveDancers and had Brill in it :roll: And the third was about Yun's life as a Go-Back. I remember that the art was b/w but so gorgeous that I had to stare at each preview page for about three minutes!

Fourleafclover

Once, as a part of a past dream but not the focus of it, I was having cheese and crackers at picnic with Rayek, Bert from Sesame Street and an ex-roomate from collage. Grin We all seemed to be getting along quite well.

wingthing

I dream real literal dreams, so most of my Elfquest dreams actually take place in "books" than my dream self "reads" -of course, I'm actually in the universe being an invisible observer. Let's see... some of my favorites:

1. The one where the Wild Hunt builds themselves an Ewok village.

2. The one where Yun and Wavecatcher finally hook up.

3. The one where Warp publishes bodice-ripper romances about Sun Folk couples - Toorah, you bad girl, you.

4. The unspeakably heartbreaking one where Winnowill brings Skot back to life as a zombie, and Pike has to kill him.

5. And my favorite... the one where Teir kidnaps all the elves on the eve of the Shards War and forces them to solve their differences in a game of Survivor.

Yep, that's where I got the idea for EQ Survivor. It was very trippy.

Leanan

Again! After I started this topic I seem to be getting no end of EQ dreams. The night before last, I dreamed about young Skywise, who curiously enough was not called Skywise but something I can't remember. He went alone on a quest to face a monster that turned out to be his doppelganger - and called itself Skywise. Still, the creature had done some evil stuff, and my hero even knew how to destroy it - he would only have to pour water on it and it would dissolve.

But instead, he chose to be merciful, some strange magic took place, and the two of them merged into one being, an elf called Skywise.

The dream also involved an ostrich smuggled in the boot of a car, ugly old men in lilac clothes hunting budgies, and some very suspicious pudding.

scarlettdoll

Quote:
Leanan

The dream also involved an ostrich smuggled in the boot of a car, ugly old men in lilac clothes hunting budgies, and some very suspicious pudding.

Sounds like the begnning of a Monty Python movie! Grin

ElfEmber

I haven't had a dream with the elves in it, only their names. A long time ago I had a dream that I was having a baby and wanted to name her Leetah but my boyfriend was against it.... so we ended up fighting about it (I always end up fighting w/ him in my dreams and we never do in real life)... and somehow I ended up in a bowling alley.... it was weird!

innie

I know I have had a few elfquest dreams, but it's a long time ago and I can't remember them that well :(
I think there was a lot of drama in it, and it was something between Nightfall and Cutter

But I do remember there was a time when I dreamt almost every night that I was in a comicshop. I always found the most beautiful rare (unfortunatly non-existing) elfquest art hidden somewhere. It was very nice, should mail Wendy about them :D

Aldar

Quote:
innie

But I do remember there was a time when I dreamt almost every night that I was in a comicshop. I always found the most beautiful rare (unfortunatly non-existing) elfquest art hidden somewhere. It was very nice, should mail Wendy about them :D

I once dreamt the exact same thing! Surprised :D

wingthing

Ah yes, I remember another great EQ dream I had. I travelled to the future, and after looking into new developments in frozen foods, I went to read all the new Elfquest. Unfortunately along with all the great new material (which was all sold out) Warp had repacked all the old material yet again, in - wait for it - the ElfQuest Unicorn Omnibus. Don't ask me where this name came from.

Arthis

Congrats for you 100th post Wingthing, and most of all, congrat for your new fanfic.
I've just finished reading Oasis, and I love it! (Even if you killed warning spoiler don't read tiny characters Savahwarning spoiler don't read tiny characters )

Rainedancer

I've had some Elfquest dreams, one I posted some where before, In the dream I was at the library and was looking a books and I found an elfquest book I hadn't read before so I picked it up, them the dream changed and I woke up and was annoyed I didn't read the elfquest book :? :roll:

Also had book store one too but cutter was there and I can't really remember it.... :?

Wrgazer that Rayek dream is destrebing Grin

woebringer

yea i have had an elfquest dream, here it is

i was walkin in the woods and i saw Jeff Goldblum looking in the bushies so i said "Jeff what u lookin at" and he motined me to come over and see for myself, and there was Kiva taking a dump in a hollowed stump Surprised , when she saw me she said "Oh great another one!" :oops: then Cutter appeared and said "Will u hurry up i got to go" so i left and went to Shadizar to hang out with Conan. i cant bealve that u are still reading this Grin :twisted:

i realy didnot dream that but it was funny anawy.

the one that i realy did have though, was that i found an elfquest starwars crossover where cutter got a light saber and became a jedi but that was too geeky even for me so i bought a GIjoe meets the Addams Family comic instead. Surprised

woebringer

thanks most of the time i try to be a jerk, but a funny jerk :twisted:

Leanan

There IS an EQ-SW crossover, a joke one in 'Worldpool'!

spoiler in tiny print

Skywise has Skywalker's role, he had a 'lodesaber' (stick with lodestone tied on it) they spent most the time making a log fly and not hit things, and Rayek was 'Dark Invader' who foated about trying to recruit Nonna and Adar into his invasion troops...

My fav dialogue from that story is this:
Pike: I'll stab him with my trusty pike!
Strongbow: And I'll skewer him with my strong bow!
Treestump: And I'll bash him with my tree stump!
Strongbow: "Bash him with my tree stump"???
Treestump: Heh... sorry, got carried over...

joyleaf1

I have had oh about a dozen in my time, the most memrable one is the first one I had not to long after I started reading elfquest.
In my dream I was in the holt with joyleaf and she was showing me around the holt and some where by the water fall we came across Bearclaw and strongbow, bearclaw walked up to me and checked me out for a long moment and then smiled and gave me a kiss on the forhead and turned and walked off with strongbow to go hunt. then I was met by nightfall and shown the father tree and around the rest of the holt.
that was my first one and let me tell you it felt real....he,he, ofcorse I was 11.

I have another dream that is special to me infact sera-elftanner on here just drew me a picture of it a few days ago I poasted it on eq fan art.com in my photo gallery under joyleaf25.
that was one of my reacuring dreams.

sigh I miss thoes days of staying up for as long as we could and hanging out and hehehe well dewsine and moonshade im sure u remember too.

Nowth

I've had a bunch ~ although they weren't my most elaborate or best-remembered dreams.

In one of them I was Leetah, waiting in line with Picknose and a whole lot of other surly trolls. He had to get a certificate of ownership - ownership of me, that is! The very concept was alien to me. I was at least as amused as I was confused and intimidated. I was above them - it felt good to be me. Their paperwork couldn't possibly affect me. I might play along - I might even have to play along - but as long as I could remain me, I would be alright.

In another, I was -- I'm not sure, actually. Part Nightfall, part Krim? I'm sitting on a fallen tree in a peaceful clearing in the midst of a lush forest. Sitting next to me is Dewshine. It is a wonderful hideout, away from noisy humans and their incomprehensible, hive-like towns. I feel serene, timeless and free.

I notice that the right leg of my pants (orange jeans) has a long tear. I get worried, because I think I need some sort of "rivet" to repair it - and only humans know how to work with metals. I ask my tribesmate: "have you got any of these ...things... left? - Oh, isn't that SILLY! Here we are hiding from icky humans and have to steal our stuff from them!"

I want to lean on to her shoulder, but she just smiles and gives me a heavenly kiss.

Heh. Those were a long, long time ago, though.

And like some of you I've had dreams of reading new EQ books.

I've also seen the EQ animated movie, by the way. :p

And had a quite amazing Rainsong experience... I actually emailed Richard Pini about it. lol

Oh, I'm back, maybe.

Leanan

One I had long ago was where Cutter met a Jink-like, turquoise-haired (!) elf-girl who led the Wolfriders though some troll tunnels into a safe land wihtout humans ... I remember hating her for stealing the show and flirting with every male... I was very relieved when I woke up and realised that story never happened. I'm not sure if I dreamed reading it or what.

I've also dreamed of seeing the EQ animated movie sold somewhere and having no money - and of having been given the DVD as bonus when buying something else... but not watching it, I think...

NightAngel

oh yeah, I dreamed something about Clearbrook, Cutter and more elfes..we were walking in the garden, and we were really small..the size of smurf, and there was a box lying in the garden full with trolls and we all got scared and climb into the trees.

Another dream I remember vague, I was walking with again Cutter over the road along the river..but what happenend I dunno anymore.

Since then I never dreamed Elfquest no more.
i was so obsessed, not normal !

MaxvonBek

Its been a few years, but I think I've dreamed of seeing parts of the early Rogue's Curse stories animated. Can't think if theres been anything else at the moment.

scarlettdoll

(welcome back Nowth!)

I've had a few before but i don't really remember them now. One where Skywise and Cutter were shrunk to about an inch or two high and trying to get around this house without getting eaten by the pet. (don't member if it was a cat or a dog)

lunakat

The two best elfquest dreams I ever had:

I walked into a comic book shop and discovered an entire back row devoted to out-of-print elfquest, which I had never seen before! Apparently Wendy Pini had written a whole nother series that I'd never even known about! So I sat down and read- and read- and read!

Dream #2:

I was enrolling in college courses (all over again)- when I realized I could take a seminar on Elfquest! So I sat down in the room with the professor and listened to lectures on elfquest, participated in small-group discussions on archtypes in Elfquest... actually, it was kinda like what we do here....

and THEN I found out I could major in Elfquest!
Wink

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

scarlettdoll

Grin I'm an Elfquest major, political science minor.

scarlettdoll

this morning, i dreamed 2! EQ dreams.
First, Dart was Cutter's son and reaching that terrible adolescent stage where he starts to realize his dad isn't perfect. And they started arguing and Leetah had to be peacemaker. And the house in this dream was to die for!!

Second, I was some kind of fairy-being and had Leetah, Skywise, Skot, Pike, Krim and a wounded Strongbow with me in my cabin, hiding them from some bad fairy-person til we could get back to Cutter and the tribe. And Cutter was gonna be mad cuz we'd taken off against his wishes.

No idea what those mean cept i really like Cutter.

krwordgazer

What great dreams, Scarlett! A lot of times my dreams don't mean anything-- just my mind having some fun. I suspect that's what those were. :)

Leanan

the night before last, I dreamed an almost-EQ dream... I was trying to find my way with some guy through the cellears of a huge building, when we encountered people (humans) chasing each other with sticks. I immediately realized they were playing 'Taal'. So I turned to my friend quickly and asked: 'what is the offgame sign for Taal?' but he didn't know either, so we got 'counted'. It was a pretty nasty version they played, for everyone who lost was taken into a big room and hung on the wall from their hands with ropes. I thought whatever our mission had been was doomed. They hung my friend and made to seize me, when someone already on the wall thought aloud: 'If only we had the power of the planets and the elements!' and I recalled someone had given me a ring and spoken those words about it. I took the ring from my pocket and called for the power of the planet Mars and the element earth (dunno how I knew those were the ones to call) and apparently I was some kind of chosen one, because the ring broke all the ropes and blasted the captors far from the captives.

Weird humans, weird Taal.

Leanan

Now this latest dream should be rated "adult" or something... it was really weird but totally ElfQuest... and definitely wet - here's a censored version:

Cutter left on a quest like in Book Two, but alone and before the twins were born. Somehow he ended up in the modern house of a human woman. This lady promised to take him where he was going (by car or something), but not just yet... they played a game of cards, the bet being a certain sexual favour. Cutter lost. Afterwards, he got drunk and let the woman tattoo some weird symbol on him.

Then he somehow contacted Skywise by sending (it was more like a long-distance phonecall really), and as it happens, Leetah was just giving birth to the twins and Skywise was present as some sort of stand-in for Cutter... he was sharing part of Leetah's pain but for some inexplicable reason didn't want Cutter to know what was happening... so it went something like this:

'Fahr? Can you hear me?'
'Y-yes...'
'What is it?'
'AAAAA! nothing, Tam!'
'We seem to have a poor connection - you sure you're not too busy right now?'
'Eeegh... no, it's all right!'
'What are you doing?'
'Not what you think I am! Everything OK with you?'
'Yes, well... I got a ride to Forbidden Grove... and I also got a tattoo... and, er, and I got laid...'
'Whaaaaat?!'
'Don't ask. Just - don't ask.'
They broke connection.

the dream went on and I remember the wolfriders gathered in a tent somewhere, waiting for Cutter to return, and some oriental-looking human comes by and names Leetah's babies Ember and Suntop...

Later, the elves were building wings for Dewshine - like the ones Windkin built for himself, but bigger and more clumsy - they vere fastened so that she couldn't remove them herself. My dream ended before I saw if she could fly.

Fourleafclover

Those are some *awesome* dreams! :D

twinklebug

When I was at the height of my Elfquest obsession (3 summers ago), I was having Elfquest-related dreams every night for about 3 or 4 months!

cactus

I had one this night.( Probably because I have been spending so much time in here.)

I was watching a movie, when I suddenly found myself being chased by a giant moose in a scary swamp. This moose was enormus!! (zwoot size at least.)

I ran as fast as I could, but it kept coming closer. I started looking for something to throw at it, to scare it away. I could not find anything, so I took off my rubber boot and hurled it toward the raging animal. It hit him right in the mouth!

Then the animal started coughing and gulping for air. The boot was stuck in it's throat. I started to feel sorry for it and approached it to try to help. Then Strongbow came and shot it... When I asked him why, he told me that it was one of Winnowills shapechaned beasts. She had sent it to get rid of me. I could not understand why Winnowill wanted to get rid of me. Strongbow told me that I was destined to recognise his son Dart, and that she would do anything to stop it. :oops:

Then he took me to meet Dart and the rest of the tribe. I was so happy that I finally would find out what recognition feels like that I could not wait. I started to run against them, and then I woke up :x .

I was so angry. I tried to go back to sleep and dream more, but of course I didn't :roll:

scarlettdoll

I hate when you wake up right before the great part!! Sounds like a neat dream tho.

cactus

Quote:
scarlettdoll

I hate when you wake up right before the great part!! Sounds like a neat dream tho.

YES, me too. I always wake up right before the best part :( . Well, I know I can remember the dream because its right before I wake up. I probably have a lot of happy endings I know nothing about. :D

Mirr

I might have already posted about this dream elsewhere.. but anyhow.. *grins*

The little I remember from the dream now, is that there definately were elves in it, and one of them hit some other people there that were somewhat aggressive, and then that it in itself had some ethical discussion in the dream, not sure if one of the elves said it or hinted at it, or my subconscious was a narrative voice thing. I may even have been an elf and yet not, I usually have these weird personality crosses of me + someone else and then perspective can change a lot.

Hmm, I also think some elf got injured and that there were wolves. I really should start writing dreams down... at least the ones I want to remember!

scarlettdoll

had an EQ/EQ forum related dream last night. Well, it was mostly about nannying and some ghosts but there was a Winnowill possession at the end and Nienna was there! Actually, it was Nienna's av (of Nienna) floating thru the dream for some reason. So there you go. Nienna, you're a dream girl! :D

Nowth

When I woke up today it was with this idea in my head that the wolfriders were shipwrecked on a tropical island and rather unsuccessfully attempted living in a palm tree (picture a bunch of elves dangling off the fronds...)

Apogee

I've had several EQ based dreams, in both context and style of visuals. (Yes, I sometimes dream in black and white line art.)

Mostly they combine EQ with Finder, which makes for some truly interesting creatures. If you're at all familiar with Finder's wildlife, there are these beautiful feathered saurian people-things, the name of the breed escapes me this moment, but they're gorgeous with long raptor tails and that same kind of velociraptor posture. Well I managed to combine that with an elf, getting an elf-topped raptor 'taur.... In black and white line art. I still have the drawings I did of her somewhere.

I've had others where the wolfriders are doing something in this huge mazelike building, almost like a video game come to life.

Silberschweif

About two nights ago, I dreamt a dream about a son of Winnowill and Rayek.
This son of Winnow and Rayek was called Sapphire cause of his wonderful, sexy deep blue eyes. He has/had dark black long hairs and a brown skin.

I was one of the elf girls of the Sunvillage who helped to prepare a wonderful festival for all people.
When I went out of my little house in order to go to the other people , he tried to bar me from doing my work.
He told me that he that his mother Winnowill was dead, cause she lost her great powers and that he didn't know where his father Rayek was.
Sapphire is/ was a very arrogant elf, more than his father and a strong healer.
I wanted to ask him, why he told me that and what he wanted from me, but my dream ended here.

I was very confused when I woke up.

I told a very good friend who is also a big Elfquest and also a big Rayek fan about it, and she was enthusiastic about my dream. She told me that I MUST draw a picture of Sapphire ;).

I will see, what I can do *g*.

lunakat

Ok- so, does this count?

I had a dream that I met Krwordgazer for lunch, picked her up at her house, met her kids and hubbie... we got sandwiches at this little french cafe- and she revealed that she was actually J.K Rowling! And that "lucky seven" would be her new replacement series for Harry Potter.

I was very impressed. But even more so when Scarletdoll joined us. She looked just like Joyleaf! (Remarkable!) She was dressed in the same flowing blouse and pants. And her head... was even a card-board cut-out/ of Joyleaf's face, with a litte moving mouth. It kept wobbling side to side like a bobble-head.

Actually, come to think of it... that was rather creepy!

Take care, all!

Luna

scarlettdoll

Grin That's fantastic!! I'm invading your dreams! MWAHAHA! (and yes, i do usually wear my Joyleaf clothes when going out, but the bobble-head's only for special occasions)
And I could so see Wordgazer as J.K Rowling!

Forti-an-twa

Hehe... As I've already said to scarlett, she does look awfully lot like joyleaf...

When I was perhaps eight or nine years old, the period where I had just started reading EQ, I had a very strong EQ dream. It stands out VERY clearly in my mind, and if I'm ever going to forget it, it's going to a long time. It's very brief, and only consist of a few images...

I'm standing below the rocky hill in the original issue #6, apperantly trying to climb the hill where the wolfriders where ready to attack the human stragglers. Above me stands Cutter and Skywise, their wolves besides them. I can't climb the hill, and I think I ask for help. They look extremely sad and remorseful, but don't do anything to help. In the end they turn their backs to me. They don't walk away, they just stand there, unwilling to help (apparantly). I notice the skies being pink, so it must be late in the evening. The dream ends.

cactus

I had an insane one this morning. I was among the elves, and I was sending to them. Cutter and Strongbow criticized my sending. Why? My sendig -star had the wrong shape Grin . They told me that it was supposed to look like a star, and mine was round :roll: .

scarlettdoll

Grin That's hilarious!!
"Darnit Cactus! Once more please, star shaped, star shaped." (deep sigh from Strongbow)

Forti-an-twa--that's horribly sad. Were you maybe going thru something you felt you had to conquer?

krwordgazer

I am honored, Scarlett, about your reference to me and JK Rowling. :oops:

Lunakat, that's a wish fulfillment dream, don't you think? Because I'd really love to meet you for lunch and have you meet my family! (My heart is all warm now. . .) I am also honored that you'd dream about me being JK Rowling, though it was involuntary. . . :oops:

I've been dreaming about Elfquest a lot lately, but I never remember the dreams. Just that I'm living "real life," but the elves are in the background commenting on it. Strongbow often offers advice that always turns out to be right. (I guess that deep down I must be still a conservative.)

NightAngel

When I woke up this morning I was so delighted I finally dreamed about ElfQuest again but DARN, I don't know what anymore: (
I only remember I did dream about it!!
Or was it about the forum....uurm..

Leanan

awww...

Kathleen

Ya know, I've dreamed of reading EQ, but never of being in it. I did dream I was WOlverine once. :oops:

Leanan

I had a weird EQ-related dream last night... I was a secret agent or something, my partner was some guy, he kept misusing his position, and was cruel to children... I hated him... then we went to some desolate place where there was this factory where all the workers were female and were forged to read skimpy red uniforms and dye their hair bright red... I was disguised as a worker and wore a red wig... my partner went to investigate and vanished...

I stood in a corridor alone adjusting my wig in front of a mirror ... suddenly a tall worker girl appeared out of nowhere behind me - and started adjusting her wig, too! I saw a curl of white hair under the wig, and her face looked familiar. Jink.

She took me to see my partner. He was tied to a frame of some sort, naked and in a very embarrassing S/M situation... and Jink kept telling me if she could convince him he actually enjoyed the tortures he was going through he would be turned into a better person somehow...

I didn't care, I just sat there watching Jink torture him and enjoyed the show because I hated him.

Aldar

Quote:
Leanan

I didn't care, I just sat there watching Jink torture him and enjoyed the show because I hated him.

I thought I was a hard-ass! I think torture is justified in a few extreme cases, but I don't think I'd enjoy it... This was just a dream, though, so I don't know if you're this type of person in real life.

And - hm... Have you been watching "Alias", perhaps? These are just the things that happen there Grin

cactus

[quote:c2742a36c1]and was cruel to children...[/quote:c2742a36c1]
I read chicken Grin . And I thought, ahha Leanan has some unresolved problems with chicken. Grin.

[quote:c2742a36c1]And - hm... Have you been watching "Alias", perhaps? These are just the things that happen there [/quote:c2742a36c1]
Sigh, I miss alias :( (Not the torture though.)

Leanan

I don't think I'm that cruel... then again, I used torture as an euphemism for hardcore S/M sex... so, it was not the kind of torture that leaves lasting marks, ohh no...

Alias? Nope, I don't even have a a TV! Just a loony imagination!

Aldar

Ah, "Alias". Lucky for me, that show is still airing here, so I watch it EVERY Tuesday! :D Joy, joy, joy! Life is good! And I've dreamt about it several times. Elfquest, on the other hand, I've never really dreamt about. I almost did once, but it wasn't close enough to count... :roll:

WolfenMoondaughter

I dream about EQ fairly often. Sometimes I'm in the story, but the story is not anything that's been in the books. Sometimes the characters are in the real world with me -- usually just Skywise and Cutter. And sometimes I'm in a bookstore, finding issues that I've never seen, and I'm all excited at first, but suddenly it's all changed -- characters have gone bad or gotten killed or have been repleaced by a totally new cast -- and it starts to feel like a nightmare :(

And every once in a while I have a horrible dream about someone destroying my collection! :(

twinklebug

Quote:
WolfenMoondaughter

And sometimes I'm in a bookstore, finding issues that I've never seen, and I'm all excited at first, but suddenly it's all changed -- characters have gone bad or gotten killed or have been repleaced by a totally new cast -- and it starts to feel like a nightmare :(

Same here! Except it's usually in a library. I have a lot of EQ story dreams, and they're often a lot like one of those storytelling videos that just show freeze-frames and dialogue. Except there isn't a lot of narration, mostly symbolism. And I have had EQ characters show up in regular dreams. (The best was when I met Skywise and we started flirting! It was awesome.)

Leanan

One night I dreamed my mom bought me all kinds of nice things, she bought me an EQ book too - and it was the same lousy story about a turquoise-haired Mary-Sue elfgirl that I dreamed once before!

Quite recently I dreamed I was an elf having sex with humans... i forget most of it, but one of the things I do remember is I thought even while dreaming 'these humans look like they must have been drawn by Barry Blair.' Grin

Ohh, I haven't mentioned my best-ever EQ dream in this thread yet... I was Skywise... I had been transformed into him somehow, the first thing I did was sneak into the bathroom to check if I'm male all the way... the second thing I did was, find a pretty girl... :twisted:

twinklebug

Ooooh, awesome!!! I wish I could have a dream like that...

Leanan

too bad I woke up before things got juicy...

twinklebug

Aww, I hate it when that happens...you suddenly realize it's a dream, and you're like,"NOOOO! I wanna stay!!" but you wake up anyway. Somehow that always happens to me.

Brightbrighter

Two nights ago I dreamt I was I EQ... as me, Brightbrighter, though not the same anyway. You know. And I was younger, just about the age of learning lovegames and joining. The tribe told me to turn to Clearbrook. Somehow, she was chosen to be "mentor" for the maturing cubs (except her own cubs, of cause) because she's so tender and full of love.
Very odd but still pleasant....

I think it's because I red Jean M Auels novels recently;They have such events there. But the funny thing is I'm a GIRL. Oh well, I'm bisexual too, so it doesn't matter. Nice dream!

scarlettdoll

ooh, necessary o-t for a minute!

Brightbrighter--what do you think of the Auel books? How far have you read?

Leanan

I had an amazing Elfquest dream last night, probably influenced by reading the BoTC anthology 3 in bed before going to sleep..

Zarhan Fastfire was looking for Rahnee the She-Wolf. He was tired and didn't look where he was going, so he fell off a cliff.

But instead of hitting the ground below he fell into a magic pool, like what i've heard happened to Kahvi when she fought her father. He fell from one time to another...

And the pool released him, and he hit the ground and hurt his arm. Time had passed. Bearclaw was chief. Some wolfrider hunters found Fastfire and helped him up from the ravine. While they bandaged his arm he asked:
"Where is my mate? Who are you? Where is Laststar, where is Three-Toe, where is the Dreamkeeper?"
And they asked:
"Who are you?"
He told them. And they told him Rahnee was long dead, along with everyone else he had known. His reaction was like Leetah's in KotBW... they are dust...

The strangest thing about the dream was, it could have happened. It fit the canon.

Brightbrighter

I like those kinds of dreams too... it's like watching a movie. Rather strange, though.
I'm drawing my dream now, hehee...

Well, I've already red them all... several times. So I like them. Well, some parts annoys me but I kind of like being annoyed too...

But from now on I'll read EQ non stop so I can dream more sweet stuff! :D

cactus

[quote:3c39ceb493="scarlettdoll"]ooh, necessary o-t for a minute!

Brightbrighter--what do you think of the Auel books? How far have you read?[/quote:3c39ceb493]
I know I'm not brightbrighter, sorry for intruding, but I just have to say I love those books. :D
(Exept the fact that you have to wait so looooong for new books. I think I waited ten years for The Shelters of Stone....)

Interessting dream leanan.

twinklebug

I love those books too! (Especially the parts you mentioned.. :twisted: )

krwordgazer

[quote:ed702c9a6a="Leanan"]
The strangest thing about the dream was, it could have happened. It fit the canon.[/quote:ed702c9a6a]

I'd love it if you'd write it as a story, Leanan. Some of the best stories start out as dreams!

Kathleen

Aul?

I read her books. started when I was twelve.

But I've never, ever had an EQ dream. Which is wierd, because I once dreamed I was Wolverine from the X-Men.

No, I lie. I once dreamed I was reading a never-written EQ book in a dream. I was excited because I knew I'd never be able to read it in real life. I don't recall what it was about, but it was awesome.

Then, like two pages towards the end, I woke up.

scarlettdoll

Grin a neverending book would be the epitome of exquisite torture. You'd want so badly to know how it all ends but you can't. You'd enjoy the reading tho (unless it was a sucky neverender and i've read some that sure felt like that!) Grin

Yeah, I loved the Auel books too. Other than a few minor parts where the main characters are responsible for inventing everything. But still, they're good. But yes, it does take forever for a new one. :(

scarlettdoll

When I get a severe headache, i tend to have hallucinatory dream-states. So yesterday, i was knocked out with one and was laying in bed in a semi-sleep/semi-awake state and had a 'dream' that i was reading a brand new EQ book. But part of my brain that was awake knew it was a dream and told my other self not to look too closely b/c it would make it disappear. I fully woke up when i reached up to turn the page. Grin

GoldKnight

Hmm.. Yeah. Not as many anymore these days now that I'm not reading Elfquest on a monthly basis like I used to ( I WOULD, if they released more new stories...) but I did dream that I had to act as tour guide to Cutter and Skywise in my city and try to help them "fit" into the world because apparently they couldn't get back to their world. :(

And another dream I did have is being an elf as part of the Wolfrider tribe. Actually, it was nothing amazing, just doing mundane things around the place as part of the tribe. But it seemed so realistic I woke up and really had to pinch myself to realize that it had all been a dream.

Dreams can be scary sometimes :D

Nowth

I've been having EQ dreams all the time lately but they were all sort of mundane. Probably because it's an internet thing for me now, discussed and analyzed and reviewed and recorded and collected and weighed and packaged and labeled...

Tonight it was about the EQ Animated Calendar *don't ya wish* and an elf called Clueshadow who would **send** you solutions to problems but only while you're too busy messing up to listen... oh well!

Quote:
Gold Knight

But it seemed so realistic I woke up and really had to pinch myself to realize that it had all been a dream.

Next time... try not to.

GoldKnight

Heh! But then I'd go on living thinking I'm an elf in a human's body... Surprised

Brightbrighter

Sir Knight, would that be so bad? All elflovers out there would adore that sweet spirit of yours!

@Nowth. By the way, I've seen your picture somewhere and you really DO look like a High One! My kind of guy!

Nowth

Never trust blurry pictures taken after dark! They lie, they lie...

GK, she's right. There's worse! Such as knowing you're not an elf in a human body. Brrr...

Sometimes I wake up and it takes me a while to remember who I am, where I am, what I'm supposed to be doing instead of lying around in bed... this feeling of emptiness is just nice - to remember the world but not yourself or your place in it. But it never lasts. Bummer.

GoldKnight

Nowth looks like a High One? Surprised Grin

Now that's one I haven't heard before.

And yeah, but I think I prefer to be human in a human's body instead of an elf so I regain my sense of coordination... and don't knock into furniture thinking I have a smaller reach or whatever Grin

Besides there's good humans, ya know :P

krwordgazer

I had a very peculiar dream recently, where Elfquest fandom had become a religious cult, with Wendy and Richard as the priestess and priest. And we all waited for prophetic words from Cutter, channeled through Wendy. Weird. Grin

twinklebug

Cool! The sad thing is, if there were such a cult, I would probably join it... Surprised

Arthis

Last night I made a dream about the new story Discovery: there was a preview of the second comic cover (not as good as the first one) and 3 or 4 pages of the story. Elves were dealing with human in a medieval contest (castel...), and they were many new elves, new cubs. Two Sunvillagers had recognized, but unfortunatly at the time of the delivery, they have to suffer the stillbirth of the baby...
not a lot to do with Sunstream and Brill (they weren't the dead baby's parents) but I was really excited at the idea of reading new stuff.

cactus

I had another one last night. More of a nightmare actually.

I dreamt that Cutter chopped my arms off. He said I didn't do anything useful with them anyway... :(

Then I woke up, and had no arms!. I had been sleeping on my back, with my arms over my head. They were completely numb. I could not feel them at all, and the way I was lying I could not see them either. Grin I panicked, and woke my boyfriend. He had to put my arms down for me. It was so scary. They was just hanging there, like heavy treestumps. :?

cactus

I like your dream arthis. Sounds less scary than mine. :D
The EQ dream fairy must have been busy last night.

krwordgazer

Whoa, Cactus! Surprised

Aldar

Cactus! Surprised That's creepy!

cactus

It was really scary. Could not go back to sleep again. And it took almost 30 minutes for the blood to come back in my arms. I was starting to think it never would.

ChristinaRaibert0

Arthis, no Sunstream and Brill? Why, oh, why? Unhappy (glad that their baby wasn't dead anyway!)

And I am fairly sure I've been dreaming something Elfquest related a couple nights ago but I can't remember what Surprised

twinklebug

I get that feeling all the time. :?

Leanan

I saw a really weird EQ dream last night...

I was in a house with my uncle, and I was showing him the place... in one room there were a lot of preserver cocoons, and I told him:
"We got all the beloved dead back by magic but some of them just can't adjust to the modern World of Two Moons... this is Goodtree" *pointing at a cocoon on which can be seen the outline of a female elf with a shocked expression on her face...*

"And who is this?* My uncle asks, turning to an elf who is only half-wrapped, her right arm, head and the right half of her chest showing. For some reason she is fearing a tuxedo and smoking a cigarette. She looks a lot like Desire of the Endless from the Sandman comics.
"She is being healed bit by bit..." I begin, but the female interrupts:
"I am Mardu, Kahvi's second-in-command."
"How did you die?" I ask her.
"Well, you remember how we marched on that narrow ledge of rock in the troll war when we had just found the armour Two-Edge made us? Well, that clumsy wolfrider Treestump stumbled and pushed me over the edge!"
Mardu blows a smoke-ring and puffs on her cigarette.

I take my uncle to another room, where the air seems to be full of ghosts. Every transparent wraith has Winnowill's features, each of them wears a red gown I've never seen before.
"This is where we defeated Winnowill once and for all," I tell him proudly,
"She was driven insane by the idea that she is not one of a kind."

.... a crazy dream. At some point I lost my skirt, too bad I can't remember why, I was terrified my uncle would see me in my panties, so I stole a red dress from one of the phantom-Winnowills. I don't know how the dress was solid, not transparent on me.. dream logic, I guess...

When I woke up I had to laugh at Mardu's tragic death...

krwordgazer

Wow! Surprised Grin

cactus

Grin That was some dream leanan. Poor Mardu.

Hydra_Lord

I had a wonderful dream, where I was in a city... *presumably LA* even though this was before I lived here.

And I was being led by cutter and his tribe through the streets at night, it was very Shards! I dont know what our objectives were, but it was amazing to watch the whole tribe go into action!

More on this when i remember it.

Nowth

I had one starring Scarlettdoll, does that count? Had great music, too...

Leanan

Grin Anything with Scarlett counts, she's secretly Joyleaf!

Nowth

The music might've been from one of Bearclaw's tapes then...

scarlettdoll

I was in your dreams?! Hell yeah!! *does a happy jig* (that's one of my other alter-egos! Wink )

Nowth

Yeah, and you were dancing!

scarlettdoll

Grin was i any good?

Nowth

I had the feeling you were, but I don't see much in many of my dreams, it's mostly sound and "knowing" then. This was one of those. And I wanted to join you, but I so can't dance and didn't want to look any more ridiculous. Music in your head is pretty amazing. There was this ...compulsion to dance... Like in one of those fairy tales, you know? Never had that feeling before. I envied you the ability to just do it.

scarlettdoll

Grin definately a dream then. i got two very left feet! But if we ever meet up Nowth, we'll dance! Maybe get tipsy first (so at least then we can blame our lack of coordination on something) but we'll dance!

But i know what you mean. There have been times where I feel so energized and happy that i feel i'm gonna burst out of my skin and i have leapt and "danced" a bit when that feeling comes on me.

NEXT PAGE