ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Some what-if picture editing... (anyone remember these? ;-)

LordDarkhan

Leanan, Love the brown Winnow.

and i just find myself loving all the green elves....and one eye and clearbrook do look very frosty faerie ish in ice blue.....love those as well.

MultiMEDEA

The green madness continues...

I took your advice, Leanan...and it worked! I didn't know my program could do that. Thanks!

My first attempt:

It's hard trying to find a decent brown hue with my program. The slide bar control doesn't seem to have it along the spectrum bar. Unhappy

scarlettdoll

It would be so hilarious if Wendy were ever to peruse this board and see all the green elves!
"What the *&%@ did they do to my babies?!"
Grin

krwordgazer

The elves are probably complaining to her right now. "Mooommmm! Make them stoooppp!" Grin

Fourleafclover

Lol! Grin

nomad-human

Hey Leanan, what about a baked brown Timmain? I think it would look very striking with a full view of her with all her cascading white hair. Just a thought.

micinjensue

Man, great stuff, I was wondering where all the technicolor elf avatars were coming from.

Cool.

Leanan

Clearbrook looks so fey... lovely work, Medea. One Timmain comin' right up! (or as soon as I find a pic of her in color...) (boy, now I sound like a waitress... )

Leanan

Sorry, i couldn't find a better color pic of Timmain than this... could someone with Quest's End in color and a scanner please help and scan me a pic to edit?

I just had to try how Venka would look pale...

And Shuna turned out kinda cute...

Forgive me, couldn't keep my hands off the Beloved Dead either...

I don't like Jink but she's cute...

Then the technicolor versions:

MultiMEDEA

Leanan, I just PM's you a Timmain pic.

Tan Eyes High looks like Goldie Hawn back in the day. I like the chocolate side of Cutter's mommy & daddy. Hmm...pale Venka, a little too much like a Barbie doll to me. :D

Leanan

And here is the High One...

I was a bit worried at first about offending a High One, since Arrowspeed couldn't possibly protect me from her wrath, but then it occured to me the sacred shapegchanger must have worn uglier shapes than these spirits of crystal fire:

Arthis

I love the blue Eye's High, and the Tan Timmain from the calendar is great.

But the blue one! Surprised She is an ice Goddess!

krwordgazer

I have never seen that calendar picture before, Leanan. Thanks!

I agree, the blue one is nice. And anyway, if there's one thing Timmain is not, it's hot-tempered. So no reason to fear, Leanan dear! Wink

(You know, I can kind of see her asking Skywise which shade he'd prefer, then changing for him. . .)

ChristinaRaibert0

Dark-skinned Brill and pale-skinned Spine? :D To go with white-skinned Suntop&Ember?

Leanan

I don't have any WaveDancer books so you'll have to scan Brill and Spine for me, Christina...

NightAngel

Quote:
Leanan

I like this one!

Ecko

wow the colors are amazing, on some it looks alright, but like joyleaf and bearclaw it looks really odd

Leanan

Nice to see you found your way here, ecko..

Here's the original of the Timmain pic for Wordgazer:

Ecko

wow thats beautiful, where do you guys find all these pics, there are some ive never seen in all my years of reading

Leanan

Medea found this one for me in some calendar. I hadn't seen it either.

Ecko

wow ill have to search the internet more intently

krwordgazer

Wow, that's gorgeous! Thanks, Leanan! Thanks so much!

ChristinaRaibert0

Quote:
Leanan

I don't have any WaveDancer books so you'll have to scan Brill and Spine for me, Christina...

It's easily done...

(let me tell you, it was hard to find a good color pic of Spine, unless this where they are together)
Thanks!

Kathleen

Ya know we really need more elves with Mohawks. Those two are pretty cute! Too bad I never got to see the wavedancers!

ChristinaRaibert0

Yup, his mohawk crest is what made me first fall for Spine :D yay indian hairstyle! Me likes!
(now let's say it... Brill is a lucky girl isn't she? I mean, both Sunstream and Spine worship the ground she walks on... awww, who needs Skimback with those two around??)

Kathleen

I don't think she's met Sunstream yet, has she? Oh well. She will soon. I drew an elf with a mohawk. She started out as a warrior, but now she wants to be a dancing wanderertype. Pesky little thing!
Please mess with that picture Leanan! You always do such nice work.
Sigh...
Happy Spine thought!

nomad-human

I love the blue Timmain, but I adore the brown Timmain even more. She reminds me of Storm from X-Men in that picture.

Kathleen

I know I'm the only person who's ever going to say this, but I don't like Storm. She's too darn prefect!

On the other hand, Leanan, would you be able to make a Timmain with purely black skin? You know, the color of jet? Or maybe Liquorice?

Leanan

Brill, Spine, and a drow Timmain coming up - tomorrow I promise you.

Leanan

And here you are:

First for Christina:

A silly version I made a green one too but seem to have lost the file:

I notice the look in Spine's eyes is very familiar - Bee, Zhantee, Vurdah...

Brill has begun to fascinate me I really want to learn more about the New WaveDancers now... I noticed her hair is the exact same colour as mine at the moment, almost black but actually dark brown... mine is that way because the black dye didn't work and is faded a bit... plus she seems to be wearing lipstick and nail polish - so I decided to make a goth version, with my colours and makeup... she ended up looking like a Norwegian comic heroine Nemi... and very pretty... Spine is a bit different in this pic for variety's sake too...

Then the Timmain Kathleen wanted:

and what the idea immediately brought to my mind. Drows are the dark elves in 'Forgotten Realms', with black skin, white hair, and red eyes... hey Drizzt Do'Urden, forget that soppy Alustriel and take a look at this lady:

and a silver version because I rather like it too:

Then a surprise: Arthis posted this lovely calendar pic elsewhere:

And gave me ideas...

NightAngel

Brill is nice in the Goth version:P

Leanan

thanx have you read Nemi? it's funny even if you aren't a goth...

Kathleen

I love the timmain ones, but wow! Ember is so pretty like that!

ChristinaRaibert0

Quote:
Leanan

Brill has begun to fascinate me I really want to learn more about the New WaveDancers now... I noticed her hair is the exact same colour as mine at the moment, almost black but actually dark brown...

Lol. Funny enough, that was my first reaction when I read WaveDancers "Hey! What by the High Ones sake am I doing in Elfquest??"
The eyes are different (mine are dark brown, like in your goth version Wink ) but I wear blue glasses... so I guess it's okay ;)
The dark-skin version suits her too... wouldn't Sunstream love that tan ;) and I think Spine looks so cute white skinned as well, with the crest and all he reminds me a bit of Tyldak
And the blue version is cool :D It would have made a nice Worldpool spin off if the sea elves had gone blue, I think that'd suit them... I'd dare the humans sailors to spot them in the water!

And the silver Timmain looks awesome. Kinda like, the Snow Queen!

Thanks so much, Leanan... You did a great job! :D

Leanan

I'd like to do a pale Sunstream too - pics of him all grown up, anyone?

ChristinaRaibert0

Here he is :D

I've always thought that if he was pale skinned in the calendar, he'd look very much like his grandmother joyleaf...

NightAngel

Quote:
Leanan

thanx have you read Nemi? it's funny even if you aren't a goth...

Who's that?

Leanan

a comic strip series by a norwegian lady called Lise Myhre

NightAngel

Don't know it, introduce me:)

Leanan

http://nemi.thtn.com/cdb/index.php?a=browse

here's a page with translations into english, a bit awkward to use, maybe you'll learn some norwegian just reading these... i did...

Nienna

Nemi rules! :D hehe

cactus

Indeed :D

NightAngel

U-hu.
: )

MultiMEDEA

Timmain is awesome in silver. And Brill's actually intriguing as a brownskin. She and Sunstream could make pretty cubs.

You're right about Storm; Mavel has killed her character's personality. But I'll always love her as one of the 1st butt-kicking black female characters in comics. I won't even talk about what they'll done to Rogue (my fave comix chick). They're trying to turn her into some neo-goth sullen slacker grrl. :? She's a happy-go-lucky Southern swamp rat. Leave her alone, Marvel! (sorry about the rant :oops: )

Kathleen

I liked Storm best with a mohawk. I mean, dude, a mohawk! Torment and angst!
Rogue has been destroyed!
Waaah!

Leanan

This didn't work out too well for some reason it's very hard to make a dark skinned one paler... the light just looks wrong and creates a barbiedoll effect like with Venka

and the silly versions:

Kathleen

The green ones a little hard to make out, but I adore the blue one!

I think pale looks less like a barbie doll, and more like, well, an improperly painted porcelaine doll. Hey, what if you went goth on pale elves? I mean, like, make them almost whiye, like Winnowill, then add little dabs of color, like pink cheeks and lips?

Leanan

hmm there's an idea...

Kathleen

That's what I used to do whenn I had Photoshop. i'd go way pale with my drawings first, darek the lines, then sort of dab bits and ;pieces onto them. What time is it for you? It's 12:42 in the day here.

Leanan

a quarter to nine pm, why do you ask?

Kathleen

Just curious. Wow, you're far away! It's only one pm in torontom, and that's as far east as i've ever been.

LordDarkhan

Pale sunstream looks like Michael Jackson

scarlet_273

I am having trouble shrinking down my avatar, can anyone help me? I'm new here. :)

Leanan

I sent you a private message scarlet

scarlet_273

thanks. Yall are so nice!

cactus

Quote:
LordDarkhan

Pale sunstream looks like Michael Jackson

Poor Sunstream.

scarlet_273

Yea, I have an avatar thanks to PCoquelin!!!

cactus

Quote:
scarlet_273

Yea, I have an avatar thanks to PCoquelin!!!

That is beautiful scarlet_273. Great choise. It's one of my favourite EQ pics . :D

scarlet_273

thanks, Its one of my fav too. I got it off a calendar that I have.

twinklebug

Quote:
cactus

[quote:1ce846b3d9="LordDarkhan"]Pale sunstream looks like Michael Jackson

Poor Sunstream.[/quote:1ce846b3d9]
Aaack! He does!! Oh, that's horrid! Grin

ChristinaRaibert0

Blue Sunstream...
Blue Sunstream...
Blue Sunstream...
My favorite elf in my favorite color...
Surprised
A man after my dreams *sigh* Now if only he was real... *passes out*

Leanan

Quote:
scarlet_273

thanks. Yall are so nice!

She said 'yall'! What is she, Scarlettdoll's clone??

Sorry scarlet, it's just too funny... you from the Southern states, right? So is scarlett-with-two-t's, she says 'yall' and things like that all the time..

krwordgazer

Well, since Scarlett O'Hara is what everyone thinks of when they think of a Southern Belle, it's not surprising ladies from the South might choose such a name! :D

So, are you from the South, Scarlet 273?

Jeppe

Noooo, what people think of when they hear "southern belle" is Andrea... No doubt! (Andrea is actually a teddy-hand-doll parrot from a fantastic (*COUGH*kids*COUGH*) television show here in Denmark!)

scarlet_273

Yes, I live in Texas, Fort Worth. Actually that is not where I chose the name, I love the color red, any shade of it. So since I was in high school I have been using this screen name. So what are yall doing today? I've been posting a bunch of books on ebay. It was time to clean out my shelves. I have over a hundred listed already :) hehe.

Kathleen

Texans are very polite. Kind of like scary Newfoundlanders with guns Wink .

scarlettdoll

Quote:
Jeppe

Noooo, what people think of when they hear "southern belle" is Andrea... No doubt! (Andrea is actually a teddy-hand-doll parrot from a fantastic (*COUGH*kids*COUGH*) television show here in Denmark!)

Well ya'll should be thinking Andrea but not for a silly teddy-parrot hybrid puppet!! :P

Yes Scarlet_273 has good taste! :D

scarlet_273

Kathleen

See? Scary Newfoundlanders with guns. Wink

Leanan

To take this thread back on topic: any suggestions who should be painted a different colour next? I'm going to try Nightfall, and Treestump and Dewshine, and i think pale skin would suit Ahdri...

Kathleen

Please make a pale Dart! So we can see what he would have been like if the Holt hadn't burned down!

Oh, and a dark Nightfall would be too cute!

scarlettdoll

Quote:
Kathleen

See? Scary Newfoundlanders with guns. Wink

I'm not from Texas tho. So what am I? :D

Kathleen

A cutie-pie! I spent all day talking to nice people, who keep telling me to call back! Hah! It's as if you actually expect your answers to mean something! :roll: :( Unhappy

scarlettdoll

Grin I knew it! I've been doing in-mail surveys for a year now and I know they don't really care about my opinion on Chingy and Olivia Newton-John!

I'll tell you what Kathleen. Next time you're having a really hard day, let me know and I'll let you call me and I'll answer all your questions! :D (even tho they won't matter! Wink )

Kathleen

I work days now, so I do businesses. Even if I do call, as soon as I ask if it's a company, say no, it's a private residence, and it'll all go away.

Oh! I want a Blue Winnowill, Leanan!

scarlettdoll

Wow. It's the opposite down here. It's residents who get the calls. But that's good that you've got days now! People should be nicer in the day! (here's hoping for ya, anyway!)

Leanan--can you also play with some hair colors? Like Tyleet as a blonde? Or Leetah as a blonde! Surprised I don't think that'll look right. Or Joyleaf with a deep red color.

Leanan

ohh, good ideas, i've gotta try all of those... I'd forgotten Tyleet so I'll do a brown version while I'm at it...

Kathleen

Tyleet with Black hair!

Ooooh...

Redlance with brown hair. Dewshine as a bruntette! Aroree with hair of any color you can think of. Especially RED!

Leanan

I've lost the Nightfall file, sorry... I'll post it next week...

dammit I've lost the ahdri file too... here's a lesson for me never put a large bunch of files on three different floppy discs you'll be bound to skip some...

Here's a blue Winnie for Kathleen, anyway...

And the hair colors:

And more candy elves...

edit: oops this one was meant to be smaller...

well at least i didn't lose the candy versions of Nightfall...

Kathleen

I love them. Well, almost all of them. I guess Nightfall just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

But yes! That's the colour Aroree's hair should have been. Wine Red!

manga

I'm not very good at this. If anybody else wants to try, go ahead!

Here's what Rayek might've looked like if he'd taken after his mother instead of his father.

Kathleen

Cute! The hair could use a bit of polishing, though. Wink

manga

I'll leave that to people who know what they're doing. All I can do is mis-use the bucket fill. :)

Kathleen

I miss my photo-shop. When I get it, I'll re-color that for you.

scarlettdoll

I love it! Yes, they all look pretty good with deep red hair. But Leetah as a blonde looks so wrong.

krwordgazer

The purple Winnowill should be saying, "We. . . are the Smurfs!" Grin

Kathleen

That blue Winnowill looks like a star queen.

MultiMEDEA

Rayek with Jirda's coloring...

I'll get to Newstar later this afternoon, Bonita.

Leanan

Mmm... Rayek with silver hair... ohh yess... lovely...

Kathleen

Geyek!
Whoa. On second thought, maybe it's a good thing he took after dad.

Kathleen

Um, does he colour his eyebrows?

Leanan

Grin at the mental image that gave me... Rayek with a bottle of eyebrow dye...

MultiMEDEA

Newstar tastes the rainbow! The last two I like to think of as 'Barbie Newstar' and 'Wavedancer Newstar'. :D

manga

Yeep! I'm with Kathleen. Rayek with Jarrah's coloring just doesn't look right.

LordDarkhan

I actually think i would dig him with her coloring, BUT not with that headband, and i just never liked that particular portrait of rayek..But him with white hair and purple eyes.... i think i can dig it......but i will always love im best wtih his lovely black and amber eyes

twinklebug

I love Newstar with blue hair! The brown is pretty, too. I might do a few of these myself...

Kathleen

I love how you changed the eyebrow colours! Very Subtle, but it makes all the difference!

scarlettdoll

Quote:
krwordgazer

The purple Winnowill should be saying, "We. . . are the Smurfs!" Grin

this is all i can see now when i look at this one! Thanks wordgazer! Grin

Prism

The alternate haircolorings of Newstar look good. With the black hair she looks a lot like Winnowill and with the white hair she resembles Clearbrook.

krwordgazer

I really like all the little Newstars! :)

NEXT PAGE