ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Some what-if picture editing... (anyone remember these? ;-)

Arthis

I just love Black!Newstar and White!Newstar :D
A young Winnowill and a young Timmain (or Clearbrook)

Andyou dd a great job with Rayek in Jarrah's coloring. He seems more... friendly in white/purple than in black/golden.

manga

[quote:fd20802585]Andyou dd a great job with Rayek in Jarrah's coloring. He seems more... friendly in white/purple than in black/golden.
[/quote:fd20802585]

That must be why I think it looks so wrong on him! *lol*

Leanan

the pics I promised last time but lost...

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
Arthis

I just love Black!Newstar and White!Newstar :D
A young Winnowill and a young Timmain (or Clearbrook)

Andyou dd a great job with Rayek in Jarrah's coloring. He seems more... friendly in white/purple than in black/golden.

Yeah, little Newstar's just a doll! I could see her in a bunch more colors.

Rayek still seems just as stern in either coloring. Maybe it's the pose or the headband (like LordD says). I'll try to dig up a pic without it. Also, I didn't color his brows 'cause I think that just makes a character look older and gone gray instead of having cool silver hair. With Skywise it doesn't matter 'cause he has such a baby face, but Clearbrook tends to have pencil-thin dark brows. Of course, Savah, Voll, & Timmain are old. Grin

Leanan

Leetah and Rayek swap hair colors:

Cutter variations:

manga

Black looks better on Leetah than red looks on Rayek.

LordDarkhan

LOVE dark haired leetah...very gypsy, very sexy, very sultry..LOVE HER

Kathleen

The Silver-Haired Cutter, what if Clearbrook had recognized Bearclaw?

scarlettdoll

Quote:
manga

Black looks better on Leetah than red looks on Rayek.

Agreed! And Cutter just looks better with the lighter colors of hair.

woebringer

edited by a preserver: totally off topic and definitely improper speech!
ps cool hair colors

ReyesLord

Red haired Cutter is Ember! Grin

Like the white haired Cutter best. Rayek doesn't look right with his black, but Leetah looks okay.

twinklebug

I like Leetah's hair too, and I love the brown-haired Cutter!

Leanan

I saw a dream of Skywise with brown hair, else it would have never occured to me to mess with him again...

[img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/skywiseh3.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/skywiseh1.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6]

[img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/skywiseh.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/skywiseh2.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6]

Mender was difficult...

[img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/menderh.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/menderh1.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/menderh3.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/menderh2.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6]

so was Kahvi, it seems very light and very dark hair is the hardest to change...

[img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/kahvih.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/kahvih5.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/kahvih3.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6] [img:6b660bdbb6]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/imladviel/forum/kahvih2.jpg[/img:6b660bdbb6]

Kathleen

Mender looks gorgeous with silver hair!

twinklebug

He does! So does Kahvi! And they both look very hot with red hair. But Skywise...[i:4cc14000f6]ack...arrrrgh...[/i:4cc14000f6]it's just not right! He doesn't look right with any color other than silver!

Leanan

Quote:
twinklebug

But Skywise...ack...arrrrgh...it's just not right! He doesn't look right with any color other than silver!

I agree completely... as I said I was 'inspired' by a dream... I met him and Aroree in some amusement park kind of place, meant for children... even in the dream i knew there was something strange about him, something not right... his hair was like in the first pic, light brown

Apogee

I'd like to see a couple of these with black hair, like that one Newstar pic. That looked really nice. :) I bet Skywise wouldn't look bad with black hair.

Leanan

here you go:

I love how kahvi turned out...

I tried to make a black-haired Nightfall too but couldn't make it work...

MrsGrizzley

Dang, black-haired Leetah is GORGEOUS!!!!

Mrs. Grizzley

Arthis

Every color fits Nightfall! Surprised

NIGHTFALL ROCKS :D

Leanan

It takes forever to select curly hair to edit, Ember was a real pest... Wink

the black version was a failure on both twins, if someone (medea) can do better ones feel free to help...

silver hair looks good on everyone... *sigh*

Kathleen

"...and the Stargazer's daughter watched the young healer, fascinated."

:D Grin Wink

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
Leanan

the black version was a failure on both twins, if someone (medea) can do better ones feel free to help...

PM me the original scans and I'll see what I can do. :mrgreen:

LordDarkhan

Silver hair does look good on everyone...

Blonde Ember is actually Suntop...

And I am almost positive a black haird Sunstream would look nice....not so much on Ember though

PCoquelin

Quote:
LordDarkhan

Blonde Ember is actually Suntop...

Whaaat !? I really disagree here ! SHE has HER style, even in blonde...

Apogee

Actually it's funny, because with the blond like that, she reminds me so much of her aunt/cousin Dewshine...

MultiMEDEA

Black!Ember Cutter!Ember

I'll get to Suntop in a bit.

Nowth

Whoa. She does look exactly like Cutter that way. Well, except for being a wee girl and stuff. You got the skin tone just right; reminds me of that bit about how he and Skywise seemed bathed in moonlight even at noon...

scarlettdoll

[quote:aaa5ba4bda]reminds me of that bit about how he and Skywise seemed bathed in moonlight even at noon...[/quote:aaa5ba4bda] What a pretty sentence, Nowth!

I rather think Ember looks pretty good in all the hair colors. Go Ember!

Kathleen

Now, Nowth writes stories for us, yes?

twinklebug

Yessss!!
I like blonde Ember. Black looks cute on her, too, and she looks so spirit-like with silver! I also think Suntop looks very cute with red hair. They can switch hair colors ands still look like themselves.

Arthis

Blonde, black or silver, Ember is very pretty. But i don't like any of Suntop's colors

MultiMEDEA

Black!SuntopCutter!Suntop

Leanan

"If their hair was a bit darker, their eyes a different hue" (or something like that, Rayek said)

Aldar

I really like the "Albino Suntop" So cute! *pinches his cheek*

Leanan

Timmain goes Winnowill:

other variations:

"Hey, Kaslen, do I look like you at all?"

LordDarkhan

ABSOLUTELY LOVE BLACK HAIRED SUNTOP........Multi, can i use him as an avatar.

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
LordDarkhan

ABSOLUTELY LOVE BLACK HAIRED SUNTOP........Multi, can i use him as an avatar.

Sure, LordD, go ahead. And welcome back.

scarlettdoll

hmm, yeah, Timmain looks better in the paler scope, methinks.

Kathleen

Timmain has liver disease. Just look at thise eye balls!

cactus

Yes, but they matches the yellow hair perfectly. Grin

Leanan

blame Wendy...

Arthis

The... 'toffee' Timmain is quite nice.

But man, this girl needs to eat something!!!

Jeppe

Could somebody make "rayeks children" ember and suntop? pleeeeaaaaaseeee!

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
Jeppe

Could somebody make "rayeks children" ember and suntop? pleeeeaaaaaseeee!

Augggghhhh! How could you do that to Cutter? You'd send him off the deep end for sure like that. :P

Jeppe

I couldn't do that to Cutter...

I couldn't...

LordDarkhan

i will take the blame for it.... I can do that to Cutter.....lol...go head...

and thanks, and thanks Multi :D

Leanan

Okay, well I'm a hundred miles from my toolbox, so it's up to Medea I think... hmmm they should have blue-black hair and amber eyes... or maybe Ember's hair would be like Leetah's and her eyes pale green... you decide...

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
LordDarkhan

i will take the blame for it.... I can do that to Cutter.....lol...go head...

and thanks, and thanks Multi :D

You're welcome, you're welcome. But, poor Suntop...I should have tamed that cowlick at the top. He looks like Alfalfa from the Little Rascals. Grin

Kathleen

Woul anyone be able to do Shuna with Leetah's hair? And Eyes?

Kitt

LOL!! Dude, Brown Cutter and Brown Winnowill are HOT! I'm totally diggin' them! I mean, the dark skin on a dark character like Winnie would seem a little much, but she turned out to be amazingly beautiful that way. And Cutter, he's a babe anyway! ....although green....:?

Also, the lighter Venka and Sunstream are GORGEOUS!!! I don't know why, but I think Sunstream looks great taking after his father's skin tone! Nice job! :) and lovely renderings!

Arfurido

Hey Leanan, wouldn't it be cool to see this image

with Mender in it, and both with the same hair color?? (Menders?) It would look very non-ElfQuesty, more like... I dunno.... wanna give it a shot?? Puh-leeeaassee?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Leanan

Okay, I'll give it a try...

Leanan

I hope this is what Arfurido had in mind..

Arfurido

Hmm, not the easiest thing in the world I see... maybe I should try to cut and paste some of Mender's hair onto Ember's...? Because the feel I was thinkin of isn't quite there. But the colors are right! :D

Thank you Leanan, thank you!!

Leanan

And this is for Kathleen - I don't have a better picture of Shuna at the moment...

Kathleen

Cool!

I love it Leanan!

Um,one more request, and this stems from he unexpected pairings thread, could you do Rayek with Strongbow's colors, and Strongbow with Rayek's?

Leanan

You're reading my mind - that was exactly what I was thinking too!

ReyesLord

Hey could I make a request? People are talking about how alike Strongbow and Rayek are. Could you do a color swap on the two of them? Please? :D

Leanan

LOL three of us thinking the same, Kathleen, Reyes and me...

here you go, I tried to find a similar pose, so I had to rotate the Strongbow pic a little... they do have some differences...

Aldar

Wow! Strongbow looks really good as a Sun Villager! Surprised

ChristinaRaibert0

Surprised
Rayek doesn't look much flattering with pale skin, I guess he's our resident brownskin at heart ;)
But dark Strongbow really looks like him... (remember the portfolio pic of Rayek leaning to his spear before the desert?)

Fourleafclover

Neat! :D Rayek and Strongbow could be brothers!

Nowth

Heh heh heh

(My first reaction: "Yes, they do look very, veryvery similar. But Rayek's always had ...wait, that's Strongbow... uhm... did you swap their headbands too?... eh...")

Nowth

Quote:
Arfurido

Hmm, not the easiest thing in the world I see... maybe I should try to cut and paste some of Mender's hair onto Ember's...?

NO! No, please, please don't. Once is enough! *shudders*

Okay, I'm all calm now

Arfurido

Wow! Brownskinned Strongbow is HOT!!! :D

LordDarkhan

Rayek lookos horrendous pale... But strongbow does look good with brownskin...the black hair really helps too

Kitt

Oh WOW! Strongbow is hot as a Sun Villager! :P

lostshard

Quote:
Arfurido

Wow! Brownskinned Strongbow is HOT!!! :D

he soooo is.......

*gawks*

cactus

Strongbow looks GOOD :D . He and Moonshade both looks wery good with dark skin. Can you make one with both of them toghether? Please?

Kathleen

I think the problem with changing brown-skinned characters into light skinned, is that they need to be erased, and then re-painted, as it were.

Leanan

I don't erase them, I use the same brightness modifying option as the other way round, but lightening makes all shadows vanish so the result is kind of flat...

Kathleen

That's my point. It's been a while since I worked with a colouring program, but i think that erasing and starting over would work better.

Leanan

oh. You're probably right but I'm no good at shading so I leave that kind of work to Medea.

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
Leanan

oh. You're probably right but I'm no good at shading so I leave that kind of work to Medea.

I think you're doing a GREAT job, Leanan! I never would have had the patience to manip all of Ember's curly hair in that one pic. :) It's like I said earlier: it all depends on the complexity of the original material. The contrasts between shadow and skin on light-skinned characters is more pronouned than dark-skinned ones. That gives you program more information to manipulate. When changing from dark to light it's important to accentuate the shadowing first, then manipulate the hue, saturation, and brightness. It was much harder to change Suntop and Ember to pale-skinned than any other manip. And then I still needed to touch up the pinktones and shadowing by hand. Keep at it, Leanan. I enjoy your work!

Leanan

thanks, medea, you cheered me up...

*hugs medea*

krwordgazer

I'm enjoying all the coloring changes very much, Leanan. And I wouldn't have even an idea where to start, doing what you're doing!

And that picture of dark-toned Strongbow floored me completely. Surprised There really is a resemblance between him and Rayek!

ReyesLord

I love dark skinned Strongbow! *sighs wistfully* So wonderful.

It actually inspired me to do my own coloring experiment. Now I was working with a black and white pic to begin with and only had paint to color with, so there's no fancy shadowing or anything. Still, I think this was pretty interesting.

Leanan

mmm... yes... he looks like chocolate I wanna eat him up... ooops did I say something naughty again?

Leanan

Yet another try with Savah:

Dark Yun:

Yun as I always thought she should be:

And with her grandpa's hair:

Other variations:

Kitt

I like silver-haired Yun. She looks just like her Daddy :P Umm...I gave a try at Leetah ('cause I am a die-hard Leetah fan :)) and Cutter. She still doesn't look...quite right, but, meh! :P

Arthis

Quote:
Leanan

(....)

Yun as I always thought she should be:

My poor, poor Savah, she look so ill... :(
But Silver Yun is perfect! I wish it were her real color. (Red hair Yun is nice too)

LordDarkhan

Quote:
Leanan

Leanan, can you post this same picture of Savah, again unaltered... Id like to use her as an avatar please

krwordgazer

Hmm. I wish there were chocolate EQ characters, like chocolate bunnies-- except I don't think I could ever bring myself to eat them.

Great changes, everyone! Leanan, I especially like that light Savah. Nice gradations in the skin tones.

Kitt

...somehow, that sounds really kinky! :P

krwordgazer

Sorry, never meant it that way. :oops: Maybe I should just delete that post-- kinky just isn't how I think.

cactus

No, not kinky. Cute Wink . I would like EQ chocolate too, but don't think I could eat them either.
Maybe I could eat Chot... and Winnowill :roll: .

krwordgazer

Ok, Cactus, you convinced me to let it stay. :) Thanks.

cactus

Good :D

Kathleen

I want chocolate elves,too, but then, I want chocolate everything.

Kitt

Quote:
krwordgazer

Sorry, never meant it that way. :oops: Maybe I should just delete that post-- kinky just isn't how I think.

Oh, no, Honey, it's not you! ...it's me. I have my bad girl moments :twisted: ...sorry about that :oops: Normally, I'm a very nice lady...a perfect angel

LivietheLurker

Quote:
krwordgazer

This from the man who regales us with his sex-marathon and sex-on-boats exploits. Nice try, LordDarkhan! Grin Grin Grin

Arthis

Except it's not LordDarkhan speaking... What did you drink Livie?

LivietheLurker

D'oh! Sorry, LordDarkhan! What can I say? I'm at work, and work just doesn't agree with me. It does dumb things with my brain.

Prism

If wer'e still doing color reversals, anyone ever consider reversing the colors on Nightfall/Leetah,Kahvi/Clearbrook,Redlance/Sunstream,Aroree/Ahdri or Newstar/Winnowill? All those elves have strong resemblances to each other.

Leanan

good ideas Prism, I'll give those a try. And lord D I'll get the pic for you for tomorrow.

krwordgazer

Grin I must admit that threw me for a loop for a minute-- me, a man? Who boasts about sexual exploits!? Surprised

Reminds me of when my friends used to joke that I had a hidden life as a Hells Angels biker chick and carried a knife in my boot-- just because it was so completely not me. Grin

Fun, to have caught our distinguished, respected Livie making a mistake! I always knew you had it in you! Wink

LivietheLurker

And if you think that's bad, you should see some of the bloopers I make when I'm embroidering. And in just about every other aspect of life.

Leanan

First the original of the Savah pic for Lord D:

Then Leetah and Nightfall switched:

Kahvi and Clearbrook:

Winnowill and Newstar:

I didn't have time to make the rest, I'll leave those to next week.

krwordgazer

Remarkable! Thanks, Leanan! :D

NEXT PAGE