ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Tattoos...whose got em and what are they??or do you want 1?

Magela_earth

it's all greased up and it's started to scab here but there tis

lunakat

nice, Magela! I like the colors.

It's a bold move to put it there.

They do scab for a while- it's best to just let that peel off on it's own....

And yeah- people always ask if it hurts. I just tell them, "yes- it was like a thousand little beestings jabbing into my flesh."

Lord Darkan- I just went back a few pages on this thread... now I'm drooling over your boyfriend! (Sorry.) Wink

Hydra_Lord

purdy

Ecko

holy cow that had to hurt!! but its beautifully done!!

NightAngel

The guns are great!

dewshine_lover_1

well, i dont have any tatto's yet..but i was thinking about getting at least two...one of them will be a nude tinkerbell..and the other will be something dewshine related...of course..maybe LREE on my ankle,, or a picture of dewshine on my arm..not sure
hehehe

lunakat

Quote:
dewshine_lover_1

well, i dont have any tatto's yet..but i was thinking about getting at least two...one of them will be a nude tinkerbell..and the other will be something dewshine related...

'course, you could do the Dewshine image from 'The Lure'- and kill two birds with one stone...

Aren't tinkerbell and dewshine pretty much the same anyways?

(It's my theory that, years after the other elves left in the palace, and years before the time of Jinks, Dewshine had to find employment as the world developed. There she was in post war London- wondering, what kind of work is out there for an elf like me? She saw an add for 'pixie,' got herself some dust, a sexy little green outfit- and poof! Won the part!)

LilliuminterSpinas

me has a tattoo as well on my right enkel on the outside...........its a cute little dolfin with a tribal wave underneath it................... wel actually there was supossed to be one above the dolfin as well but it hurted bit to much ............. and me having an needle fobia ................... well so the tribal above the dolphin isn't there............. And it looks nice this way as well. :D

And come one at that time I was 15 almost 16

Leanan

Nice tattoo, manda!

Magela_earth

ya, this one's peeling way more than my other ones did, and in such an inconvenient spot. I wore a bra today, and it's rather difficult to manage.

wow, that's pretty young to be getting a tattoo. How did you get away with that Lillium?

LilliuminterSpinas

It was for passing my school exams .............. and I just askes my mom and the big miracle she said oke !!! So we went to some sort of beuaty parlor and they wouldn't do it unless you were 16 so my mom said I was going to be 16 a week later............. and at home we had a talk if I was really really really sure about it. So we made an appointment a week later. ( my birthday wasnt until 4/5 weeks )

And I had to sign a form and my mom had te put her autograph so she did.

And I still dont regret it I still like it...........

Brighteyes

[quote:af54a8eb57="Magela_earth"]it's all greased up and it's started to scab here but there tis
[img:af54a8eb57]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/magela_earth/IM000196.jpg[/img:af54a8eb57][/quote:af54a8eb57]

were you a Guns n' Roses fan to???

Wink

wood_spryte

[quote:2529e28d9c="Cross Blade"]I know Ive put up my tattoos before but here they are again-
[img:2529e28d9c]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Crossblade/wolftat.jpg[/img:2529e28d9c]
[img:2529e28d9c]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Crossblade/timmientat.jpg[/img:2529e28d9c]
[img:2529e28d9c]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Crossblade/crosstat.jpg[/img:2529e28d9c]
plus I have 5 pericings-1 in each ear with 12 gauge rings(tho Im getting ready to streach them to 10), my tounge with a 14 gauge post, and both my nipples with 14 gauge rings.[/quote:2529e28d9c]
oh look chest hair! Grin
no seriously those are some great tatoos Crossblade!

~W

CrossBlade

thanks wood spryte. I have an update. I dont have my nipples percied any more. I got tired of them not healing so I took them out. its really annoying cause usualy I heal really quick. my other pericings, tattoos, and any cuts I ever get heal alot faster than most ppl, but I had these fo 2 years and the just wouldnt heal. its not a big deal tho cause they wernt real important. I just had it done cause I was board.

twinklebug

Whoa, Manda, nice b... uh-- I mean-- nice tattoo! :D

Ecko

yes very nice......tattoo, since twinkle had to bring it up!! :twisted:

Zebula77

Hehe, nice one! Wink

Magela_earth

you guys are great, haha thanks.

xenophile80

Hrm... I seem to remember once upon a time ago I saw a picture of the double cresent moon that someone was thinking about getting. It looked terribly like something I want to get on my shoulder. Does anybody know where that picture is? I'd be very appreciative if whoever has it wouldn't mind me using that as a base for one of my next tattoos. :)

Ecko

i remember that pic too, but i have no clue where it is!!

ArlynAnari

Wow... so many pretty tattoos! And so many elfquest themed!

I don't have an Elfquest themed one, but [url=http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7740/dscn1533ip1.jpg]this[/url] is my tattoo. I think it needs a little work though... I want to make it blacker, and maybe expand on it.
A friend of mine took a look at it and suggested something like [url=http://www.flash2xs.com/images/pentagram474234610_th.jpg]this[/url] might look good. I don't know if it suits me though... I'll have to think about it.

I want more tattoos though... I want something on my leg, but I'm not sure what yet. I don't want anything with colour though... it tends to fade and get ugly.
I'd like a [url=http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7890/dscn1534rj8.jpg]treble clef[/url] right there though... I just drew that on with a pen, but I think it looks kinda cute. And I'm very passionate about music, so it suits me. If I only had the money to get it...

ArlynAnari

I have a tattoo in that exact spot myself, and I agree, it hurts. I remember I could really feel it when he was working on top of a vein or some muscle tissue... not good.

I bled some too, and even though it's been four years, I still haven't been back to touch it up. I guess I should get to it.

Your tat looks really good, though! How long since you had it done?

ArlynAnari

Well, I finally found a tattoo artist I like! She actually won the Trondheim Tattoo Convention both in '06 and '07, so she should be great! I won't be getting the tattoo until I get back from Montenegro the 22nd though.

nevaratoiel

To bring the topic back up; Here's my tattoo I got about 7 months ago.

wolf44

nice Slash

Willowspring2

nice!

Kyri2015

Cool..:thumbsup:

nevaratoiel

Thanks, I'm very happy with it. I want another one, but I haven't figured out yet what exactly I want. :)

Laurel

Ok, I got mine the day after Thanksgiving, has someone take pictures then. They are posted in my profile in the tattoo album. Not quite sure if I can link any of them to here though, yet.

Trapspringer

I've got a few, they're pretty bad. Wish they were gone. Damn alcohol.Tongue

jeb

I have four blue dots on my chest put there to line up the x-ray machine for radiation therapy and that's all I'll ever want.

blackmagicrose1975

I have 5. One on the inside of my left ankle which is a butterfly wrapped around a crescent moon, back left shoulder blade that is a rose wrapped through I crescent moon, a floral tribal across my lower back above my buttcrack, the "Charmed" symbol also known as a Triquetra on the back of my neck and last but not least the little butterfly sitting on the Forget-Me-Nots on my left hand between my thumb and index finger. And there are a few more I want. Tongue

Laurel

Ah, let me try this.

Suoviitta

Looks very cool, Laurel!

I don't have a tattoo and I guess I will never have one, unless I get graduated as visual arts MA from the University of Lapland. If I get graduated, I will get a tiny S tattoo on my right ankle (on the place you have the ankle bone!). Why S? My signature on my pictures is always that old-timy S letter, so I want to sign myself too. I'd like to get it done with black or brown ink... I've always though that you shouldn't get a tattoo if it doesn't mean anything for you and that S tattoo I'd like to have some day would mean this to me: Reaching one of my greatest and most important goals I've set for myself.

Laurel

Quote:

I have 5. One on the inside of my left ankle which is a butterfly wrapped around a crescent moon, back left shoulder blade that is a rose wrapped through I crescent moon, a floral tribal across my lower back above my buttcrack, the "Charmed" symbol also known as a Triquetra on the back of my neck and last but not least the little butterfly sitting on the Forget-Me-Nots on my left hand between my thumb and index finger. And there are a few more I want. Tongue

I'm curious, why the two wrapped crescent moons?

I've heard from a lot of sources that once you get one, you'll want more, maybe not right away but some day. This took a long time to do, I think I don't want another for awhile.

blackmagicrose1975

At the time they were different and I have ALWAYS been drawn to the moon. Everyone had a rose or a butterfly...mine just have a crescent moon with them....LOL. I got them in intervals it seems. April 1995, May 1997, June 2003, July 2007 and the last one in April 2009. I'll post the pics in order.

Left Ankle done April 1995

Left Shoulder Blade done May 1997 (needs retouching since I sunburned it after getting it).

Lower Back done June 2003

Neck Tat done July 2007 (Charmed anyone?)

Hand Tat done April 2009

Laurel

All very nice. Thank you for sharing. I especially like the lower back and hand ones. I live in a State where the hand ones are illegal to get. Unhappy

blackmagicrose1975

Really? I wonder why they'd be made illegal? Your lower back tat is just plain AWESOME!!! I can see by the size of it why you'd hesitate having another done....LOL. Lower back is one of the most sensitive spots. Overall my hand one hurt the worst though. Next I am hoping to have the Japanese Kanji's for Hope and Faith tattooed on the inside of each wrist. Hope on the inside of the left and Faith on the inside of the right. I may be able to have those done next month as an anniversary gift. Grin

Maiken

Very cool tattoos!
I want a tattoo very bad too, but I'm afraid I'll regread it. And I don't want that to happen.

Nibblet

I don't know if I posted on here yet or not. (brain freeze!)
Laurel.... that is sooo cool!

I have 9 tattoos for now. Only 6 of 'em will ever see the light of day though. And once i figure out the photo upload business I will probably post pictures of them here Evilgrin

Laurel

Maiken, my tattoo artist told me on my first visit, until I was 100% sure of what and were I wanted it, don't come back. Be 100% positive, because it's there for life. I was all wishy-washy for al long time, then I started re-reading my Elfquests and saw the page with Timmain and I just knew.

Now if only she would use that magic and get rid of the love handles of mine.

G0lden

No tattoos here, but I have several scars. Do those count?

redshine

Laurel, awesome!!! And I have no idea where those lovehandles are on that picture. Honestly, if there are some at all, they are VERY tiny!!!

I've never gotten round to have a tattoo done when I was young cause I got myself involved with a rather 'strict', let's call it a cult at that time and only managed to get out 2 years ago. It's an interesting journey to re-discover who I actually am and who I might've been if I wouldn't have been involved with all that stuff for nearly 20 years. I've re-discovered EQ, music that I used to like, art and dance and now I'd really like a tattoo. But my hubs won't hear of it. He says I'm having sort of a midlife crisis ... everything except for the sportscar and the boytoy. He's probably right too Tongue

Well, since I figure that I'd like him to continue to like looking at me, I guess I'll give that thought a rest for now ... until I find a way to sneak one unnoticed perhaps Tongue

kleac

me i have a couple of tattoos. One is a wolf howling at the moon, and the other one is very special to me. I had it done for my wife of 12 years after she lost her battle to lung cancer Aug 0f 2007. pain yes there was a little pain but i think it was worth it after watching what she went through everyday.
They say that behind great father elf there is an even greater Mother elf looking out for you. well if that is true then she will always be right to guide me where i need go. so yes i think tattoos are great. and a great way to people very close to you when they are gone. even if you lose the pictures of them they are in your heart and under your skin for life
i love you Babs and miss you very much but you are there with me

Laurel

Thank you Nibblet and Redshine. :
)kleac *hugs* that is a wonderful thing to have done.

Crucent

I have one tattoo, that I drew myself and got done in Denmark when me n hubby were there on vacation 8 years ago. It's the only one I'll ever have, so it was important to me that noone else had or will have it as well. It's between my shoulderblades.

[URL=http://img192.imageshack.us/i/tattoooc.jpg/][/URL]

But one thing I'd like to point out, my mid-wife told me this when I was pregnant,
and I dunno if it counts for other countries, but I was informed that in Norway at least, when you are female, in labour, and CRAVE an Epidural (that goes directly into your spine and lower back) they wont do it if you have a tattoo there cause the ink might pollute your bloodstream and spinal fluids. Just a heads up to ask your tattooist about if you want a tattoo in that area.

blackmagicrose1975

I had 4 of the 5 tattoos when I had Kian and had an epidural....one of which was across my lower back. That is one I had not heard of. The ink only goes under the skin about an 8th of an inch and an epidural goes into to sheath of spinal fluid that encases your spinal cord. So I don't see how it could pollute your bloodstream. I think it may be a myth. Bears researching though.

Crucent

i think its if you have tattoo ink covering up your spine, so that when the nurses try to get the epidural injected the needle will go through the tattoo ink instead of just your clean skin, picking it up and then injecting it into your spine along with the rest of the epidural.

SingularDisease

I don't have one yet. I'm eternally on the fence about that kind of thing, although I do have a few planned in my head. At this point I'd rather have piercings than tattoos. But we'll see I guess. I really love the elaborate sleeves yakuza are famous for. <3

Laurel

Quote:

i think its if you have tattoo ink covering up your spine, so that when the nurses try to get the epidural injected the needle will go through the tattoo ink instead of just your clean skin, picking it up and then injecting it into your spine along with the rest of the epidural.

So a solid tattoo over your lower spine would be hard to find a "clean" spot to ut the needle into. That makes sense. One like mine, that is only an outline, would allow for spots for a needle to go into non dyed skin.

Crucent

yes, thank you, thats what i was trying to say lol
I just think serious tattooists, or doctors should informe girls of this, as alot of people dont know it, and so years later when they have a child, they cant get it, and trust me, when the time comes, you'll want it ^^

Laurel

Quote:

yes, thank you, thats what i was trying to say lol

I just think serious tattooists, or doctors should informe girls of this, as alot of people dont know it, and so years later when they have a child, they cant get it, and trust me, when the time comes, you'll want it ^^

Now I am curious. I'll have to go ask my artist. See what he says. I, for some reason, seem to think it is familiar, so perhaps he did mention it, or it's in his flyer.

Crucent

ooh pls post his reply here. It'd be nice to know the "official" stance on it^^

blackmagicrose1975

Actually I found this....from what I am getting...it is pretty much a theory. But here is the article....

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/tatfaq/f/epidurals.htm

And another one a bit more specific....

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/epidurals/f/epiduraltattoo.htm

Crucent

nice finds, thank you so much^^

Laurel

Ok. I talked to him today. He doesn't believe it. (Apparently I read it online, that's where i remember it from) He said that the chances of ink getting in is pretty small. He pointed out that he has had shots on the arm he has the sleeve on and has never had a problem.

Personally, were I at an age to have children (and want them) I'd certainly take it into consideration.

blackmagicrose1975

Mine is fully colored and I had an epidural. No problem with it. About the most I have heard about tattoos and pregnancy is be careful where you get them if you are planning on having kids because if you get one on your lower abdomen/hip area it isn't going to look like it once did. Pretty much think of the analogy the dolphin becomes a whale....LOL. I have seen some pretty weird stuff and I am glad I held off on the tat on my hip for now because we're planning on having another hopefully soon...LOL. I don't even want to think what a stretched out tribal Scorpion would look like...*BLINKS*

psychosarah999

I don't have any tattoos but I have really wanted one for a long time!

Startear

I've always wanted one, but my fear of needles keep getting in the way.

psychosarah999

pregnancy was and lack of money is mine!

Vojira

I have one.

Siwanll

I want one 8D

On my wrist.. No clue what, but something personal

lunakat

I'm going to get another next year.

Laurel

OK, since it has come up on FB in the Elfquest group and David suggested we post them here as well, I am bumping this thread back up and doing as he says. I can't remember if I posted her here before or not, and am too lazy to look through and see. So, here is my Timmain and my other tat.

P1010689

timmain

IMG_0631

PreypacerSin

This is one that I have ... :O)

Triple wolves

marinayurk

ElfQUEST. They are very amicable.
They as if are created for
each other. One my
acquaintance when he
saw pictures EQ, told: 'it
especially for a tattoo!
Let's create salon of a
tattoo, and we will earn
much!' But these earnings
not my bag.

Night_Tanem

I've been drawing for ever and created my own world after reading Elfquest so it's not an original Elfquest tattoo but when I (5 year plan) finally get the next tattoo it will link in. This one was to check if I can take the pain, my mother used to hurt me more cleaning wounds... So here is "Night's symbol"

PA070235

Embala

@Laurel Your Timmain turned out spectacular! A big piece ... many many stitches O.O ... but as beautiful as it should be. A piece to be proud of.
I like your "bracelet" tattoo - and when it attracts such extra adornements even more! :)

@PreypacerSin Bearclaw's necklace and the logos make a great combination.

@Night_Tanem Interesting piece. Now I'm curious what you will get next.

Thank you for sharing everyone! :)

Night_Tanem

In about 5 years I will be able to post it =))

Embala

Okay. :D

RedheadEmber

Night_Tanem said: In about 5 years I will be able to post it

I'm holding you to your word!

Startear

I think I now know what I want to have. I think that when I can afford it, I want to get a tattoo of a chameleon.

Night_Tanem

RedheadEmber said: I'm holding you to your word!

~O)