ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Kahvi: Dead?

Prey-Pacer

If anyone has read 2001 summer special #2 "recognition" lehgrin says he killed kahvi, can anyone offor me insite on this?

Arfurido

Ever since the reappearance, every time WaRP has mentioned Kahvi, they've been like "...wheter she's alive or not" or "if she still lives". I'm almost at 100% sure she's dead. And she probably died bravely in the fight of her life (with Lehgrin (Lehgrinen? Whatever...))

Suzene

I'll be disappointed if she isn't. So far as I'm concerned, Elfquest has been one of the few comics out there where "dead means dead" is actually more than a marketing gimmick. Kahvi's death was a bit of a sucker-punch to the gut for me, and after all the time I've spent mourning the bitch, she'd BETTER bloody well be dead! ;)

Suzene

MaxvonBek

But remember, EQ is also one of the best comics for "they're not dead until you see a body"!
Personally, I don't mind either way, as I like Kahvi, but she's led a full life, so she could afford to become a spirit. Although she's not at the Palace is she, unless her wolf-blood is that strong!

Suzene

Quote:
Max von Bek

Although she's not at the Palace is she, unless her wolf-blood is that strong!

All elves go to the Palace...Wolfriders are the only ones who can choose not to go, I believe.

Suzene

MaxvonBek

And due to slightly convoluted story-telling, Kahvi is now a Wolfrider, so if she is dead, she might not necessarily be there, but as shes a special case, who knows? I'll be glad to see Wendy and Richard get all the "errant" stories back under control and forge them back together.

wishiwaswillow

Quote:
Max von Bek

But remember, EQ is also one of the best comics for "they're not dead until you see a body"!

True. Remember when Ember found "Rayek's" bones? or when Kahvi gave birth to a pale blue-eyed baby who didn't live to see noon? Even One-Eye was only sort of dead. I won't be surpised if Kahvi is dead, but I also won't be surprised if she isn't. Personally, I like the idea that Lehrrigan (or whatever his name is) killed a daughter or granddaughter with a similar hairstyle and scent. However, I only know about the events in "Recognition" from heresay, so I don't have the most informed opinion.
Quote:
Max von Bek

Although she's not at the Palace is she, unless her wolf-blood is that strong!

I'm still confused. Do you mean unless her wolf blood is that weak? Either way, I don't think that wolf blood actually takes away the possibility of going to the palace after death. It merely gives the elf a choice.

The problem with Kahvi's wolf blood is that it should have killed her thousands of years before Leh-whatshisface was born. She does have a habit of falling into magic pools and getting wrapped up by preservers, so she may have survived all those millenia in the same way that the other Wolfriders did. It has also been suggested that the magic pool made her perminently immortal, without taking away her other wolf-like characteristics, and this may have been the writers' logic as well. However, that magic pool was one of the more idiotic plot devices in the series, so the less impact it has on future stories, the happier I'll be. Evil Grin

livly1

hi there, if i read the comic correctly i do believe that he did kill kahavi, he just never was too specific on how or really on why either. but yes i do believe she is dead.

CreepyKitty

I personally cannot be sure. I would not be surprised if she is alve. After all she has mana´ged to survive so long that killing her kind of off panel would be a kind of anti-climax. If she is dead I would not miss her much she was never one of my favorite characters.

Spitfire

Who knows? The last I saw of Kahvi was when she was suddenly trapped in the bird-man's wings after her raid on Sorrow's End and the two of them were wrapped together by the fairies. So I haven't seen her ever since. :?

Maybe the girl eventually woke up, married the bird-man, had a beautiful family with him, and lived happily ever after? Or maybe she and her winged boyfriend simply disappeared altogether over the many, many years? Or, maybe she was found by her only daughter? Like I said, who knows?

Arfurido

Quote:
Spitfire

Who knows? The last I saw of Kahvi was when she was suddenly trapped in the bird-man's wings after her raid on Sorrow's End

Ooooh but you're wrong here, a lot has happened to our braided chief since that incident Wink

She went with Tyldak and together they found Aurek ("Egg") and discovered some very disturbing forgotten memories about her past. All of this is gathered in the (black and white, that you love so much Wink) Reader's Collection book named Kahvi. Hints of her death were given in a summer special named recognition. But if you don't want to buy them, if you only want a short review I'm sure someone will post it for you here on the board!

Truelife

I am not quite up to seed on this story but I still do not remenber waht happned after she opened Nightfall cacoon. I do not think she is dead.

Thornbrake

Another ten year old thread that's still relevant today!

RedheadEmber

Thornbrake said: Another ten year old thread that's still relevant today!

Yep! Old threads being digged up like crazy recently. :D

wishiwaswillow said: or when Kahvi gave birth to a pale blue-eyed baby who didn't live to see noon?

I'm pretty sure that was because she lied to Rayek, and the "pale blue-eyed baby" was Venka.

Leanan

RedheadEmber said:

wishiwaswillow said: or when Kahvi gave birth to a pale blue-eyed baby who didn't live to see noon?

I'm pretty sure that was because she lied to Rayek, and the "pale blue-eyed baby" was Venka.

I kind of think that's what wishiwaswillow was trying to say: Kahvi said the baby was dead, but it turned out not to be the case.

RichardPini

Leanan said: Kahvi said the baby was dead, but it turned out not to be the case.

Kahvi was never above spinning a tale if it suited her goals. She was probably the elfin race's closest thing to a politician we've ever seen.