ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Rholt's Fanart thread

rholt

Okay I'm gonna put up all my stuff over here:

hmmm, the more I look at this one the more I think something is wrong with his eyes... (below)

and here he is before inking, I think I'm better in pencil, but it don't scan so well:

Oh, yeah, I like his eyes better in this one, I know he's got no pupils...the shape is better.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/tyleetsultry.jpg

NightAngel

Ember is great!

redshine

I really like your work, rholt! That Strongbow one is awesome! :D

Ecko

wow you did it thats awesome rholt

Celestial

*Hails*

Beautiful work you got there :o
And the shading turned out so well 0.0
The last pictures were the best , and it seems you got all the proportions correctly.

Very very nice Wink

Leanan

Hey, I remember yoiu wondering about the bad scan quality of that Strongbow/Moonshade picture... another reason occured to me - did you have your scanner set on black and white? Grayscale works much better for scanning b/w pictures...

krwordgazer

Oh, I love them. The Skywise I hadn't seen yet-- you're right, his eyes are a bit more narrow and slanting. But he's got just the right pose and expression!

rholt

Thanx everybody!

More soon!

rholt

Here we go! Fixed Moonshade Strongbow pix, yay!

Okay they still have no pupils, but it's not all grainy anymore...

rholt

And......
Yes I traced it, but what fun!
Name that book.
[img:4a1a6900f3]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/leetah.gif[/img:4a1a6900f3]
And.... In color! Yay photoshop!
[img:4a1a6900f3]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/leetah2.jpg[/img:4a1a6900f3]
Oh wait... She's a shade too light, I think....

rholt

This is ten yrs old too, inspired by the first BoTC.
[img:debab72910]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/zarhan.gif[/img:debab72910]
the lower hand looks kinda too large, done in colored pencil

rholt

And two Blair inspired improvements...
[img:da4b3bbb4d]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/windkininsoot.gif[/img:da4b3bbb4d]
These were done at different times, so their faces are different.
[img:da4b3bbb4d]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/windkinstanding.gif[/img:da4b3bbb4d]

dewshine_lover_1

OH i love it! my Windkin!!! I think they are really fantastic..makes my art look like dirt hahaha anyway..i love it. i wish i had more pics of him. good job.

rholt

Better than sucky old BB anyway. Do you have the New Blood War issues? Or, hmm not sure what book they would be in, only have the comics.

dewshine_lover_1

Unfortunately most of the comic books and books i had were stolen. I am starting my comic and book collection over again :( Unhappy

rholt

ooo that sucks! I'll scan the New Blood pix I "improved".

Arthis

Your colored Leetah is so beautiful Surprised

rholt

edit: to prevent further confusion here's pix from last page too:

Here's the pix I "improved":
[img:30b6dce9b3]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/blairsucks2.gif[/img:30b6dce9b3]
[img:30b6dce9b3]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/windkininsoot.gif[/img:30b6dce9b3]
[img:30b6dce9b3]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/blairsucks1.gif[/img:30b6dce9b3][img:30b6dce9b3]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/windkinstanding.gif[/img:30b6dce9b3]

dewshine_lover_1

mmmmm good, good heheheh

Mynx

[quote:664388619b="rholt"]This is ten yrs old too, inspired by the first BoTC.
[img:664388619b]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/zarhan.gif[/img:664388619b]
the lower hand looks kinda too large, done in colored pencil[/quote:664388619b]

I love this! (even if the hand is too large! Wink ) What a powerful vision of Zarhan!

Arthis

Grin Did you see that zombi elf behind windkin in the second pic? Grin

btw Rholt, thanks for improving the pics, they are so much better now! :D

dewshine_lover_1

hahahaha that guy does look like a zombie! i didnt even notice until u said something Arthis hahaha its funny :D

Leanan

Such lovely artwork... I especially like the one of Zarhan.

rholt

*cough cough* I'm coming to eat your brain... *cough cough* damn this soot!

Thank you all for looking and commenting!

Arrow

[quote:4e41398dac="rholt"]Here's the pix I "improved":
[img:4e41398dac]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/blairsucks2.gif[/img:4e41398dac]
[img:4e41398dac]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/blairsucks1.gif[/img:4e41398dac][/quote:4e41398dac]
[color=darkred:4e41398dac]Ooooh! I love these rholt! The coloring came out great! (.......I could never re-color that good...... Grin )[/color:4e41398dac]

Thallasia

I love the picture of Fastfire. His face is great!

Leanan

Um, Arrow, I think those are Blair's originals, the coloured version. Rholt's are on the previous page in black and white... Wink

MultiMEDEA

The coloring on that Zarhan pic is really nice. :D

rholt

One more old one I dug up, a wolf and a sort of odd looking Cutter:
[img:d61439ee00]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/sketches1.gif[/img:d61439ee00]

Arrow

[quote:3c05a5bc2d="Leanan"]Um, Arrow, I think those are Blair's originals, the coloured version. Rholt's are on the previous page in black and white... Wink[/quote:3c05a5bc2d]
[color=darkred:3c05a5bc2d] :oops: Puckernuts! Either I quoted the wrong post from lack of energy, or I'm just plain stupid. Grin Oh well, I know I love rholt's improvements. :D Great drawings rholt![/color:3c05a5bc2d]

redshine

[quote:86593abc4d="Arthis"]Did you see that zombi elf behind windkin in the second pic?[/quote:86593abc4d] [img:86593abc4d]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/redshine/Art/CAKPI3C5.gif[/img:86593abc4d]

Good on ya, Arthis - he really [b:86593abc4d]does[/b:86593abc4d] look like a zombie!

Great work Rachel! Love the improvements and the wolf! Grrrrr! :D :D

Leanan

Cool wolf - the cutter is indeed a bit odd.

rholt

When the wolf howls for me
I will follow
Over ice
And through the haunted wood

Where the tree limbs reach and grab.
I cringe but
Hear the howl
Shouted skyward to the moon.

I follow, as a ghost,
On silent paws
I creep
To that thread of sound that summons.

A rustle in the bush!
I leap and catch
For my friend:
A feathered gift that trembles.

He comes at last,
A shadow,
Takes my gift,
And pleased, we go the long road home.

R Holt

Leanan

Well written and touching.

rholt

Both of these are old...I've been busy with holiday stuff.
An odd collage:

I believe the gargoyle guy is one of Wendy's things, maybe from Law and Chaos, I'd have to go look...

And one of my own characters:

I named her Pinedance.

Kitt

Hey, I really like that pic of Ember and Mender. That's so sweet! :o

Ecko

i love the top one!!

redshine

I like Pinedance - she looks sweet! :D And that's a beautiful poem. Wonder what that would sound like if someone would put some notes with it :D

rholt

Found a little time on my hands so --
Merry Christmas!

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting! :D
Pleeez tell me you all recognize her yah?

Edit: Mm I bet some color would make it obvious...

rholt

So, in color!

[size=18:1db5055f52]Merry Christmas![/size:1db5055f52]

Leanan

Ooo, what a lovely christmas greeting! :twisted: :P Merry Christmas for you as well...

NightAngel

Hmm... 8)

Tempting!

rholt

Uh huh...
No one knows who she is? :?

just messing with my sig, I didn't really edit anything

innie

Nice picture, is it Nightfall?

NightAngel

?
It's obvious who it is, so why telling?

rholt

Well, I am only a poor imitator, so sometimes I wonder how accurate I am... Besides, a lot seems to depend on the clothes, and she doesn't even have her head scarf on.
Yes, it's Nightfall, and it's nice to hear it's "obvious"! :)

rholt

Pike with dreamberries:

rholt

And Moonshade with cub:

dewshine_lover_1

oh i like the moonshade one! very well done hehehe good job!

rholt

Any requests?
I'm sure Dewshine_lover_1 would like some Dewshine...
I drew Nighty a Clearbrook...
Ecko wanted Moonshade. Here she is...
Anyone else?

dewshine_lover_1

oh yes! always wanting dewshine ! hurray! more dewshine please...thanks rholt!!!!! :D :D

redshine

Wow! Everybody's been so busy the last few days! I love that Moonshade picture - Pike looks berry happy too! :D

joselle

love, love the berry bushes behind pike! They almost look like blind-line contour drawings (that's where you don't get to look at the paper!)

and if you want requests: how 'bout Adhri n' Windkin? (Not to much done of them!)

rholt

Quote:
Joselle

love, love the berry bushes behind pike! They almost look like blind-line contour drawings (that's where you don't get to look at the paper!)

Thank you! I don't do near as much background as would be necessary for a real actual comic... I understand that was one of Wendy's least favorite things too.
Quote:
Joselle

requests: how 'bout Adhri n' Windkin? (Not too much done of them!)

I'll see what I can do... You seem to draw purty quick, as far as how fast you seem to have filled your own requests... I may not get this up til next weekend.
Quote:
Redshine

I love that Moonshade picture - Pike looks berry happy too!

Thanks Redshine!

Leanan

Pike looks like himself...

Moonshade and baby look very sweet... I wonder when we'll know that baby's name...

requests? let's see... draw me a Glider nobody has drawn me yet... Brace for example? Brace before he became Brace?

Ecko

the moonshade with cub is so precious!!

rholt

Okeydokey, I have requests for:
Dewshine - done
Ahdri & Windkin - done
Brace before bracing perhaps - done
Savah and/or Yurek
Shale and EyesHigh
Tyleet w/baby Pool - done
Joyleaf and Bearclaw
Teir
Aroree

That will keep me busy for a bit!
'Specially with lots of new year stuff going on (read taxes, etc), I may not finish just those 3 (or more, depends on what the muse says) until February.

I'll take more requests later, promise.
Thanks everyone for checking in!

krwordgazer

Wow, I missed a lot!

Love all these new ones, Rholt! The Pike is my particular favorite. He has just the right expression of replete satisfaction and pleasure, his body perfectly relaxed. Pike enjoying the dreamberries to their fullest!

Oh, and the lady-- I thought it was Leetah till you colored her hair, but then it was clear it was Nightfall.

Both of them are very sensuous characters-- it had to be one of the two of them! (Cutter's a lucky fellow. Wink )

rholt

Thank you! I mean to put something new up this weekend, if only I can tease my muse out from where she has been hiding from all the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

krwordgazer

Try a hot bath, with candle light. My muse almost always responds to that. Wink

JadeOwl

Draw me a Savah? Or a Yurek? Or a Yurek AND a Savah? Pretty please?

Mynx

My muse has gone AWOL again, so I know how you feel... perhaps they are off together, your muse and mine? Vacationing on some warm beach somewhere drinking margaritas and laughing at us? :roll:

twinklebug

Grin I can totally picture that. Muse vacation-land. (That must be where mine disappears to sometimes.) Anyway, when it returns, can you draw me a Shale an Eyes-High pic?

rholt

Woah woah, dint y'all read the part where I thought the first three requests would take me til February?
:) I'll put you guys on the list, but I wouldn't expect quick results, I work hellish hours, and like I said taxes and crap, and my muse being off on a beach getting drunk without me...

JadeOwl

'Sokay. I don't care about when. I'm just putting it out there, so you can do it when you have time.

rholt

Special request, out of order, heehee.

I picked costumes from the Madcoil attack. He couldn't possibly have been much younger.

redshine

Aaaaw, Rachel - What a cute picture! They look so young and happy there! I love the look on Cutter's face - so content! :D

Your linework is really great! I'm wondering - what kind of pen do you use to do that?

Mynx

Absolutely perfect!

Wink

Thank you thank you thank you!

*goes to collect her drunken Muse from the beach*

twinklebug

Aaw, so sweet! I love it!

rholt

I'm glad you guys like it! I may even get started on another one tonight, maybe.

To answer Redshine:
The pens I use are (quoting the package): Faber-Castell, 6 PITT artist pen, shades of grey.
They're not black ink, gives me trouble with scans, uhm grey shade brush pens. Which is why their faces have finer detail - a careful light touch with the tip, versus the more confident heavy lines for the rest. ...And well yeah I have photoshop to clean up the worst skritches, and I use a light box for the final draft to make sure there is no pencil residue.

Mynx

And you do an excellent job! I love the expression on Cutter's face... and I think you got the age thing just right. Definately reminicsent of Scouter and Dewshine in Fire and Flight... thanks again! I'm getting alot of work done thanks to this picture!

Kitt

*screams!* THAT IS SO CUTE!! :o:o:o:o

JadeOwl

Oh, that's lovely. Very peaceful and serene. Nightfall looks so curious! :D

rholt

Hmm, Leanan? Or anyone... Do you know of any other Brace cameos other than page 44 book three? Looking for inspiration here.

Yurek is only in the Calendar and briefly New Blood, I'll get more out of other fanfic threads here!

Plenty of Ahdri, Windkin, Savah and Dewshine around, no prob.

Leanan

The young sweethearts picture is lovely...

I'll see if I can find you any more Brace...

rholt

One young Dewshine!

There were three pictures, then two, but this is the only inked one. May get around to the others this weekend.

joselle

so pretty!

Mynx

She's very pretty! :D

rholt

One of the other two, inked.

I gotta get in and fix her eyebrows! :D

joselle

She looks like she's dancing!! :)

rholt

Yes these last two go together, I am thinking of working on a bridging couple of poses, maybe make a flash thingy?

dewshine_lover_1

oh rholt! shes beautiful!!! i love her! very well done! * claps hands and whistles!*

redshine

She's beautiful! :D

If you put those in sequence it'll look close to an animated dance sequence! :)

Kitt

Yes! Those are quite lovely! :o

Mynx

Quote:
rholt

Yes these last two go together, I am thinking of working on a bridging couple of poses, maybe make a flash thingy?

Oh you should! I'd love to see that!

Leanan

Darnit, I forgot I promised you Brace pictures for source material... :oops:

Very nice Dewshines here... good work, again.

krwordgazer

The Dewshines are great, Redshine. I, too, would like to see an animated sequence with them.

I love the young Cutter and Nightfall, as well. Ah, youth is wasted on the young. . . Wink

rholt

Quote:
krwordgazer

The Dewshines are great, Redshine.

Whose thread are you in?

:D :D Grin

Thanks everyone for looking in and commenting! More soon... :mrgreen:

dewshine_lover_1

hahahaha oopsies krwordgazer..hehe this is rholts thread! haha Grin

joyleaf1

very awsem dewshines I just love them!!! claps hands and smiles real big. :D :D my i make a copy of ur art and add it to my humble folder of art by other eq fans?? OHHH and May i please request some joyleaf bearcalw art...also some joyleaf and bearcalw with a little cutter???Oh gosh this is very nice stuff u have here!!!!

rholt

just attribute it to me and WaRP :D

working slooooowly down a list of requests, it may take a while...

joyleaf1

Oh thank u so very much! you have some realy nice art and I so enjoy it. I have a thred too for art, it isnt as good as urs but mabie you will like some of mine and if u like anything I return the kindness to u and anyone elce out there! thank you, thank you,thank you!!!!

krwordgazer

Quote:
rholt

[quote:0f01fd706d="krwordgazer"]The Dewshines are great, Redshine.

Who's thread are you in?

:D :D Grin

[/quote:0f01fd706d]

Apparently one of my own creation. . . :oops: It's a strange little world, but my mind is at home there. Grin

Sorry, Rholt! That's what I get for trying to catch up on all the art threads at once!

rholt

Want to see how it progresses? First the pencils:

I'm tired, the inked one will be up later...

dewshine_lover_1

OH! my windkin! oh hes so cute!!!

joyleaf1

wow how very cool!! i cant waite to see more, claps hands very good work there! :D

redshine

Oh - can't wait to see the inked one! :D

joselle

Wow! Cool pose!

Mynx

Windkin! Yay! We don't seem to see enough of him, either, now that he's all grown up!

Leanan

He is such a cutie...

NEXT PAGE