ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Two-Spear: I DON'T LIKE TWO-SPEAR!

SUNMARK

I honestly don't like Two-Spear. Anyone else????

Nakadah

I'm not sure if I can think of anyone who likes him! (No offense to anyone who does.. If there's anyone out there..) He's just such a bastard!

GRAGH!

Emma

krwordgazer

Magela Earth likes him. :) Read some of the other threads in this topic. Wink

Kastanya

Hey! I have only read BotC RC-book and I don't hate Two Spear :P

PCoquelin

I read it all, but I don't hate Two-Spear either.
He was mad, that's for sure...

.. but he played along the rules and split the tribe in two : the Wolfriders we know, and another tribe that visibly evolved into the Go-Backs.

And we still don't know exactly what happened to him at the end :?: :!:
( I mean before Kahvi, his daughter, was called back to life and created the Go-Backs )

jadengems

I saw a lot of Two-Spear in some of the temperment of Bearclaw. When he was really upset, that is.

I like him for the great story he provides for the splitting of the tribes. The spreading out of the elves. The opportunity for even more tribes out there.

However, I really, really like his best friend, Greywolf. Now HE was awesome and someone I'd like to know more about.

~Gem

Leanan

I don't like Skyfire, either... I mean, before she became chief... she seemed to be so sure of herself, so self-righteous... and she disobeyed Two-Spear sometimes just because she didn't respect him... I dunno - she was definitely the better chief of the two of them, but somehow, I would have liked her better if she hadn't been so certain of that before she challenged...

Maybe I just don't like wolfrider chiefs, the way they were written in the anthologies... too human... Skyfire is my favourite wolfrider chief - and I still don't like her! Surprised

...which is weird, because generally I like elves to have a fault or two... could be the sibling rivalry that I cannot understand...

krwordgazer

Quote:
Leanan

I don't like Skyfire, either... I mean, before she became chief... she seemed to be so sure of herself, so self-righteous... and she disobeyed Two-Spear sometimes just because she didn't respect him... I dunno - she was definitely the better chief of the two of them, but somehow, I would have liked her better if she hadn't been so certain of that before she challenged...

Maybe I just don't like wolfrider chiefs, the way they were written in the anthologies... too human... Skyfire is my favourite wolfrider chief - and I still don't like her! Surprised

...which is weird, because generally I like elves to have a fault or two... could be the sibling rivalry that I cannot understand...

Hey, welcome back, Leanan! :D

I'd have to say I agree with all of this. I did like Skyfire in the story where she and her younger friend create a "monster" and scare away the humans. (Referring to the BoTC graphic novel, now.) But I really didn't like her otherwise-- especially her attitude towards Two-Spear. And when he, at the point of killing her, begins to weep and cannot do it, I really loved him for a moment then. . .

I'd have to say that most of the BoTC anthology stories have that problem for me. Prose stories enable you to get inside the character's heads. But in these stories I feel like I'm inside the heads of humans pretending to be elves, rather than inside an elf's head. :(

Leanan

I wondered who it was said that before about the prose stories... so it was you, wordgazer... I'm glad to be back, btw...

Two-Spear as a person isn't much, but the story wasn't too bad... I don't like Graywolf but he's cute... the wolverine elf! 8) :P

Skyfire's young friend was called Sapling... she is uber-cute... her later name was Springwillow I think....

Sometimes it seems in those alnthologies the writer forgot about sending... and for some reasons one of the writers made Springwillow to be "not very beautiful"... what the darkhan? All elves are beautiful!

SUNMARK

Wow I didn't know that this would be so popular! yeah I do agree with you Leanan.

Fourleafclover

I can't say I care for Two-Spear as a person but he's a much needed, interesting character (all the chiefs can't be Cutter - we need some of them to really shake things up!) and I loved the Two-Spear mini-series! :D So gritty - so sketchy! Fit the story very well!

SUNMARK

I guess your right but I still really don't like him!!!!!!!!

ReenBladesong

Greywolf was hot...he was in such a tight corner....torn between his recognized love,and his loyalty to his cheif and friend.
Oh, and being severely unpopular with the high ones and the whole halfling thing cant have helped.

:)And two spear smells

joselle

goodness! What did Two-Spear do to make everyone so cranky at him?

Minouche

Well... hem...let's see... he tried to kill his sister and his daughter and left them for dead, he bullied his friends and family, he abused his lifemate and his daughter, he demanded a fair fight from others, but didn't give one(he cheated fighting both challenges), he was a self-centered prig, and he was criminally insane...take your pick. Basically, as someone else mentioned before, he had become way too human.

joselle

aie. not good, not good.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:a177e38b68]yeah...he was a big ol' butt. But he was an awesome Warrior before the maddness took him completely. [/color:a177e38b68]

Minouche

True, but she was asking for the reasons not to like him. Before insanity set in, he was an very interresting, albeit extremely flawed, character.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:536d3a7d71]i know...but i was just stating my opinion of him Wink But yes, if the story went in a different direction where he wasnt all **crazy eyed** and stuff...i think that would be a cool.

oh oh oh ...fanfic coming into mind..

how bout if the roles were reversed and Skyfire was the Crazy older sister and Twospear was the younger sibling...oh oh oh..fingers itching to write![/color:536d3a7d71]

Meus

I don't like Two-spear very much, but still... I can't blame him. I always saw Two-Spear as an elf driven by his wolfblood more than like a crazy elf. I don't think he is actually, he is just too wild. when I read his story, I can't stop thinking about Timorn's fight between his two alves, elfsong and wolfsong. I think Two-Spear fought too.

Furthermore, I think Two-Spear suffered the same ill than the elves we call the "dark ones" or the "Shadows" as Elfmom says. All the elves trying to control, manipulate AND protect others, without asking what they think about it. Akhen, Winwowill, Rayek, Kahvi, Surge, etc. Two-Spear merely looked for a way to protect his tribemates from Humans. He did it with his own language, violence, but still he wanted to protect.

Like a Wolf... And you can't reproach a wolf his behaviour. It is its nature.

Meus

Siwan

I don't like two spear cause of the way he acts against huntress Skyfire

Meus

Well, they both were fighting since childhood, remember? Like two dominant wolves in a pack. They both felt threatened, obviously with reasons. At the end, she challenged him and lose. At this moment, Two-Spear could have killed her but he didn't. I am not sure Skyfire would have done the same. He chose to let his elf side take control then, he chose to leave where he could have been Wolf Alpha. That is a reason not to blame him too much.

I don't like the way he treated Skyfire, but I also don't like the way she acted. She was indeed proud, but selfish-proud. She too wanted the tribe to be protected, and indeed she saw Two-Spear's leadership could endanger it. But above all, she assumed she was best fitted to be chief only because she was born from recognition. Better than him only because of her blood? Such a way of thinking leaves a bad taste... :P

Meus

innie

@Siwan: Skyfire didn't treat Two-spear that good either. Like Meus said, she was too proud. They kept fighting. And I also don't like the fact she keeps saying she has more right than him to be chief, just because she was born out of recognition. Because I don't like the idea that children born out of recognition are more worth than others. I know though that nobody claims that.

However, Two-spear lost it. When one wants to commit a genocide, he's always mad in my eyes. Because that's what he wanted to do. I do think he's an interesting character, and I know he struggled a lot. But when he killed that human family...
Skyfire had to challenge him. She was, at that point, the best thing that happened to the wolfriders. Yes she lost, and Thank God Two-Spear left, so she good teach the wolfriders the way.

After her brother disappeared out of the picture, we could see how great she was as a chief. And my believe is that if she would have been chief with Two-spear still around, things wouldn't have worked out either.
They were both many times wrong, in arguing and fighting to the bone. But I believe that Skyfire didn't handel it right. Whatever she was saying to Two-spear made sense. But she was shouting it all the time, while she had to be more reasonable.
She could have talked about it. Or explain it to Willowgreen.
She made herself and Two-spear enemies.
Ofcourse, that was his fault too. It did made the wolfriders torn as a tribe.

But I'm glad she stood up against him. Even though she didn't get much support.
Two-spear's way would've been the end of the wolfriders. Imagine he did go through with his genocide plans. What would have become of the elves? That would have been far, far worse than anything humans had ever done. They would never be the same again.
Maybe humans wanted to get rid of all the elves either, but anyway, that didn't happen.

Siwan

And I'm glad it didn't :D
thabks for the explenations Wink

2spear

i like 2 spear and i feel for the pain he felt Unhappy

Startear

Is this the old character thread? I have trouble finding it. Anyway, taking something in here...

WhiteMist said: Skyfire was born of recognition, Two-Spear was not.
In a way you could say her chieftainship is more legitimate than a child sired without regocnition, which could be more seen as a 'bastard' type of thing. At least, among the Wolfriders.

Wolfriders didn't think that way back then, and certainly do not now. And he was not the last chief born outside of recognition, Tanner was too. Two-Spear being born outside recognition was brought up by Rellah, who basically used ANYTHING she could to undermine Two-Spear, whom she thought was unbalanced.

Embala

This is the Two-Spear thread from the Character section. ONE of his threads, obviously ...

http://www.elfquest.com/forums/discussion/4772/twisted-two-spear

RichardPini

Embala said: This is the Two-Spear thread from the Character section. ONE or his threads, obviously ...

Often, we discover that different threads discussing the same character have different emphases or vibes. Merging threads works in some cases, not so well in others. As always, if anyone has a suggestion ("I think these thread should be merged" or "I think those threads should really remain separate") as always you can contact us directly via message with your thoughts.

Embala

I wanted to help Startear and link to the thread she might have looked for.

I meant to express that there is not just "one right thread" for Two-Spear. No other subliminal message imIplied. 'm sorry when I missed the right tone again.