ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Elfquest and CafePress

RichardPini

(This is the text of an email I sent to everyone, but it'll last longer here so I'm copying the announcement.)

Sometimes surrender can be a relief.

I'd heard of CafePress for a while now but never really thought to investigate it until various friends, independently of each other, wondered out loud why there was no Elfquest merchandise to be found on it. So I went over there and took a long look around and decided...why not indeed?

So as of right now, if you go to www.cafepress.com/elfquest, you'll see the begninings of what I hope will be a happy and ongoing CafePress/EQ relationship! I have to admit - it's been frustrating, getting requests for new t-shirts or other items. For a long time, as publisher, I've been used to taking care of all the details, from production through to sales...but that's gotten a bit old. CafePress seems like a great alternative, so here we are and here we're going to give it a good try.

(This doesn't mean the online Wolfrider Shop right here on Elfquest.com is going away. That store will continue to offer out of print books and other collectibles, autographed prints, and all the various EQ items that CafePress doesn't handle. It'll continue to be "low tech" and I thank everyone for their support and patience when it goes on hiatus!)

So visit www.cafepress.com/elfquest and let me know what you think. Another nice thing about this venture is that we can offer a whole lot more kinds of items than ever Warp could if it were doing things the old way. Enjoy!

Shade and sweet learning new tricks,
Richard Pini

cactus

Wow!! This is great news :D ! (Well, not for my economy maybe Surprised Grin )
I think my wishlist for christmas just got an extra page added :D .

*goes shopping*

RichardPini

There's something very satisfying about seeing one's first sale in a new venue! :D

This CafePress thing may just work, and I know I'm having a ball creating new images/products to make available. Some of you have already emailed me with suggestions, and I'm happy to do what I can to accommodate.

Please, if you have ideas, let me know! It's very easy to create new items there, compared to doing it myself here. Just keep in mind that CafePress has certain "base" items on which to print images, so try to work within that.

CruelNebulae

Holy Cow! (Wolf?) The CafePress stuff is awesome! I'm definitely going to ask for a tshirt and mug for Christmas. Hoping that we will be able to get the original tshirts from the 80's again, and dreaming of all the possible tshirt designs we might see! I'm going to have to get a bigger closet! :D

Kitt

[color=green:5499b0823a]:o ...I see spaghetti straps!! :D[/color:5499b0823a]

JacobiMoonsong

Any new venue to buy goodies is always welcome. I like the clothes variety and have already been given a Dreamberry Stein (the white with red image) from off of there. I tend to like the unborded images better as they look less like iron-ons.

Very nice, thanks! :banana:

Raenafel

OMG!!!

Definately will surf there...

RichardPini

New items/designs in the www.cafepress.com/elfquest shop - and I finally figured out how to get designs onto dark (including black) shirts!

Go me! :D

I know a lot of you here asked me about that, and it's been frustrating not to be able to suss how to do it - until this morning.

ShadowDancer

So I get the email and I go right over and check out the new designs. The black looks gorgeous and I instantly fall in love with the new art that's offered as well. I hit the back button after getting a closer look of the new Rayek shirt and BAM, there's another new image! I check that one out, hit back and BAM! another new image!! *giggle* it's rainin' Wolfriders!!

How cool would a Winnowill shirt in black be...

I'm so drooling over the shadowy Cutter shirt.. mm.. in long sleeves... Cutter keeping me warm.. yummmmm..

JacobiMoonsong

I definately like the new styles! I was looking around at the black cutter and when I went back it was gone - my wife was very upset since that was her faviorite :) I noticed that I got different images sometimes depending on which page I was returning from. Later I ever saw a Cuter one that said Wolfrider on it!

Once I get through this mess we call christmas I'll be ready to buy gifts for myself again :)

ideas: as you know images can really but put on anything. I like the drinkware and the shirts as they are good standard. To branch out into quality stuff I'd look into starting with other types of clothes (hat, scarf, socks - who doesn't need some elves on thier feet) and then go to household goods like beach towels, area rugs, .... I like things I can either display or wear/use. My wife really like the tote bag but would probably like other patterns on it (she weants to use it to hold her knitting), also a clock with a face like Wolfriders 2007 or the Comin' At You would be neat...

I better stop now or I'll go on forever!

Kitt

SWEET MOTHER OF TIMMAIN'S SHINY SHIMMERING SILVER FLOWING HAIR!! Surprised Surprised Surprised That RIVALS SHIRT IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!

ShadowDancer

Holy!! Surprised Those mouse pads are GORGEOUS!! *begs* pleeeease can they be posters? I can really only fit one mouse pad on my desk top, and they would look REALLY silly on the walls!!

I can't even begin to explain how exciting it is to see these products. It's like my dream come true!! I really wish I hadn't already sent out my wish list for presents.

Dear family,
Scratch that.. just get me EQ stuff!!! ... I know I know! Return what I originally asked for!

*grins*

crescent1325

HOLY MOLY. so much stuff i want. Grin

JacobiMoonsong

AND it seems to be growing everyday! What a hard worker Elf Pops must be :)

I can't push a shirt on my daughter for anything, she wants one of the totes for a knitting bag. And a pillow :)

I need 1 of everything! This will be great for birthdays and such, never had a list and hated it when people asked me what I want...but now they are bummin cuz I know where to send them!

Thanks WARP & Co. for the high end goodies :)

Kitt

...hey...the posters and prints link is not working :(

emerald

It wasn't working for me yesterday, but after a few tries I got it to work. :?

RichardPini

Quote:
emerald

It wasn't working for me yesterday, but after a few tries I got it to work. :?

There is something funky about the way Cafepress adds or refreshes or whatevers its information. Even when I am within the shop, adding or changing things, the pages sometimes show the updates, sometimes not. After a while - maybe a few minutes, maybe an hour, maybe a day - everything seems to work.

Don't get upset about it, just keep trying. What's there is in fact there.

emerald

Quote:
RichardPini

Don't get upset about it, just keep trying. What's there is in fact there.

Which is what I did. :P But too bad I spent my paycheck already! :headwall2:

crescent1325

I get a christmas bonus, so i might spoil myself and buy somethings :D

CruelNebulae

OMG this stuff is AWESOME! I'm gonna order some things for Christmas! Can't wait!

Kitt

*growls* It's still not working for me :x Can someone just tell me what's in the poster section?

cactus

Have you tried to use the "browse products" option in the upper left corner on the page? That has never failed for me even if the other links doesn't work :D .

SilverIce

Hay Elfpop, can you get this

on a black T-shirt?

JacobiMoonsong

Yea that's make a nice shirt! The poster are (so far) larger re-prints of the EQ Universe centerfolds from the inside of the comics. These are VERY COOL prints and I always liked the Wild Cards (available) and the High Ones (not sure) the best, but each one has great coloring and artwork (duh).

I think if we give EP some time and let the holidays pass we will enjoy of Festival of Goodness as far as happy EQ goodies are concerned! I think the options are excellent already and can't wait to have a handfull of cash to throw at it!

RichardPini

I will see if the EQ mousepad looks good on a black shirt. And I am getting new stuff up there as fast as I can. Each image takes a lot of preparing so I fit Cafepress stuff in when I can. Wish I'd thought of this two months ago!

Tavie

I love the idea of using an EQ tote as a knitting bag. I just wish there were some knit-appropriate images... I can't think of one. It's well-established that Old Maggoty's was the only woven fabric in the original quest, and no needles ever glimpsed in the Sun Village, and no sheep, not even a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Sigh.

Wendy needs to illustrate some preservers untangling a skein of knotted yarn.

Allura

Quote:
Tavie

I love the idea of using an EQ tote as a knitting bag. I just wish there were some knit-appropriate images... I can't think of one. It's well-established that Old Maggoty's was the only woven fabric in the original quest, and no needles ever glimpsed in the Sun Village, and no sheep, not even a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Sigh.

Wendy needs to illustrate some preservers untangling a skein of knotted yarn.

Wasn't Leetah doing some sort of embroidery in the first GN? I think it was while Shenshen was asking if she wanted to help give the Wolfrider children some blankets. At the very least, she had a needle and thread.

Tavie

Quote:
Allura

Wasn't Leetah doing some sort of embroidery in the first GN? I think it was while Shenshen was asking if she wanted to help give the Wolfrider children some blankets. At the very least, she had a needle and thread.

Right you are - page 82 of Archives edition, bottom left panel. And again in upper right of page 83.

Actually, the panel dead center on page 83 of Leetah biting the thread wouldn't make a bad image for a knitting bag... that thread could be yarn... I've bitten yarn to break it plenty of times.

Heh, or an image of storyteller Pike with the dreamberries and the caption, "Like a good yarn?"

Punny, and a bit of a stretch, but fun to think about.

Tavie

Or, ha ha- page 115, Tanner on the bottom right corner sewing the cloth - just Photoshop-replace the sewing needle with a pair of knitting needles.

Ah, I'm gripped by obsession, now, this cold must be making me feverish...

Knitting elves... I WILL FIND THEM...

LadyNightfall

Richard.... you are Da Man!

I'm just happy to see my beloved ElfQuest watch, bought several years ago, in wall clock form! I will be getting one of those. Eventually. After the Holidays... this is when I get to spend money on everybody else. :)

I have a request tho... Two Edge! He's my roommates favourite character, and I would love to get him a Two Edge t-shirt for Christmas. Or his birthday. Or for the heck of it. :)

Aside from that, I'd like to see a colour OTHER than yellow on the messenger bags, if that is at all possible.

And that's it, my only other comment is YAY I love it!

(Geez, we can't just be happy, we all have to b++++ and ask for more, don't we... sorry about that!)

I think it's a GREAT idea and you've done a great job!

Kitt

Quote:
cactus

Have you tried to use the "browse products" option in the upper left corner on the page? That has never failed for me even if the other links doesn't work :D .

I LOVE YOU!!! :hug2:

RichardPini

Quick note to anyone reading this thread:

End of year crunchiness has got me running way behind. I have many many new things I want to introduce into the EQ Cafepress shop, but I may not get them all there before the holidays. Keep checking even after the new year starts, and thanks!

Kitt

It's probably better that way, anyway...I mean, you don't want us to spend ALL our money before the new year! :D ...gotta keep some money for the bank. Hey, any chance that that poster where Leetah is dancing can go up for poster sale?? ...I forgot where I saw it...but it was VERY lovely!! :love: It was like a remake of the scene in Book 1! :love:

RichardPini

Quote:
Kitt

It's probably better that way, anyway...I mean, you don't want us to spend ALL our money before the new year! :D ...gotta keep some money for the bank. Hey, any chance that that poster where Leetah is dancing can go up for poster sale?? ...I forgot where I saw it...but it was VERY lovely!! :love: It was like a remake of the scene in Book 1! :love:

If you can point it out to me, I can see whether or not it will work. I've got maybe a dozen more images right off the bat that have to be prepared for poster use. The nice thing about Cafepress is that they offer so many options for posters, from small to really large. :)

cactus

Quote:
Kitt

[quote:151799661f="cactus"]Have you tried to use the "browse products" option in the upper left corner on the page? That has never failed for me even if the other links doesn't work :D .

I LOVE YOU!!! :hug2:[/quote:151799661f]
Hihi. I guess it woked then :D ?

And I think the poster is this one? Is it?

*Sigh*
I want it all Grin .

Kitt

*is crying merrily then crawls over and glomps/hugs Cactus* ....*...no wait...is still crying merrily* THANK YOU, SWEETIE!! YOU ARE A STAR!!! I SEARCHED THE ENTIRE SITE FOR THAT PIC!! THANK YOU, HONEY!!! :hug2:

emerald

Yeah! I want it too! :P

cactus

Grin You're welcome Kitt :hug2: . I remembered how we all swooned over that pic a while ago. I would definately buy it as well if it were available :D .

Kitt

*is still crying happily* Thank you SO MUCH, Honey!!! :hug2:

Hey, Elfdad, are there any more pics like this that Wendy did but we might not have seen? :o I mean, it looks like a scene remake...or a scene continuation...like AFTER Cutter and Leetah consumated their recognition and were at the after party :P Maybe she decided to dance for him. ...were there any other projects that Wendy might have done?? :love:

RichardPini

Quote:
Kitt

*is still crying happily* Thank you SO MUCH, Honey!!! :hug2:

Hey, Elfdad, are there any more pics like this that Wendy did but we might not have seen? :o I mean, it looks like a scene remake...or a scene continuation...like AFTER Cutter and Leetah consumated their recognition and were at the after party :P Maybe she decided to dance for him. ...were there any other projects that Wendy might have done?? :love:

Tons. :)

Going as fast as my size twelves can carry me.

(some minutes later)

http://www.cafepress.com/elfquest/2248205

Fast enough? Wink

Laurel

More that I can't afford yet, sweet. :D

Treefox

That's fast! Pini Gonzales! Now you see him, now you don't...

And it's pretty. Maybe next year...

cactus

*Faints*
It's there :D . I'm definately getting that one. I need to rob a bank or two soon Grin .

Laurel

Quote:
cactus

*Faints*
It's there :D . I'm definately getting that one. I need to rob a bank or two soon Grin .

Can I be your partner in these robberies?

emerald

I placed an order! It's just too bad I couldn't buy more, but I get paid on friday! Wink Really love the new stuff, Elfpop, Keep em coming! :P

Kitt

I placed an order, too, and I'm still waiting for it :( HURRY UP MAILMAN!! :P

JacobiMoonsong

That's it, I'm in on the bank robbery! Geez louise! Holy moly! Yup I got to have that dance poster too, it's excellent and I like all the side detail as well. The PEACE print is also a favorite around my house (my daughter keeps swiping it and putting it in her room).

Wow! I wonder how it would look robbing the bank with a sword? Could be bad...

Yea so I'm stunned but not speechless, THANKS FOR THE GOODIES! My birthday is in January and anyone that asks is getting sent there :) Great Googely Moogely!

Tavie

Quote:
Jacobi Moonsong

he PEACE print is also a favorite around my house (my daughter keeps swiping it and putting it in her room).

Ohhh, I used to have a copy of that print framed on my wall and now I wonder what happened to it. It was a gift from a friend a few years ago for my sister and me, but now I'm not sure if sis took it to Japan with her or if it's gathering dust in its frame somewhere in a forgotten corner in my childhood room... I know it's not still on the wall.

I want it in my current room.

:pout:

Kitt

YAY!! I got my shirt today! It's so cute! I can't wait to wear it in the summer! :D

krwordgazer

Got a shirt for Christmas. Long-sleeved black T-shirt with "Darkwoods Cutter" on it. Very dramatic. I love i!

The kids saw my shirt and now they want shirts too. They might spend the Christmas money they got from their great-grandparents.

cactus

Oh there's so much I want. I love the new Redlance&Nightfall image :D .

I think I need some help though Surprised . I'm thinking of buying some posters, but I'm not sure which size to get. I don't know the ..eh.. units? I was trying to use a converter so I could get the size in centimeters. But I couldn't find ” in the converter :( .
In the description for the small poster it says:
[quote:bd4106b5c6]Image size 16” X 20”.[/quote:bd4106b5c6]
What in the world is ” :? ?

*Confused*

RichardPini

Quote:
cactus

Oh there's so much I want. I love the new Redlance&Nightfall image :D .

I think I need some help though Surprised . I'm thinking of buying some posters, but I'm not sure which size to get. I don't know the ..eh.. units? I was trying to use a converter so I could get the size in centimeters. But I couldn't find ” in the converter :( .
In the description for the small poster it says:
[quote:d5e36d402d]Image size 16” X 20”.

What in the world is ” :? ?

*Confused*[/quote:d5e36d402d]

The " mark stands for inches. (Also, for reference, the ' mark stands for feet, so for example, I am 6' 2" or 6-feet, 2-inches tall.)

JacobiMoonsong

OK Now I think we need to finalize the knitting bag, that seems pretty popular.

My wife would like a non-Leetah character knitting, she likes Nightfall but I think Moonshade is more appropriate.

I wonder if we should make a group comission for the Knit Totes? (for a sketch to be used to imprint - then we'd have knitting needles - fat wooden ones)

Tavie

Quote:
Jacobi Moonsong

OK Now I think we need to finalize the knitting bag, that seems pretty popular.

My wife would like a non-Leetah character knitting, she likes Nightfall but I think Moonshade is more appropriate.

I wonder if we should make a group comission for the Knit Totes? (for a sketch to be used to imprint - then we'd have knitting needles - fat wooden ones)

That's not a bad idea, I wonder if she'd do it? I'd be in on something like that for sure. Elfquest + knitting... Moonshade does seem perfect.

I wonder if she'd do it? An Elfquest knitting bag would be truly awesome.

cactus

Quote:
RichardPini

The " mark stands for inches. (Also, for reference, the ' mark stands for feet, so for example, I am 6' 2" or 6-feet, 2-inches tall.)

:idea: Ohhh, then I understand. Thank you :D .

The small one is 40,64X50,80 cm then :D? That's not small at all Surprised . I thought they might be tiny.

emerald

No it isn't small. :D I just got a "mini" print and was suprised that it wasn't so "mini" after all! :P

Kitt

That's good to know because I asked for two posters for Christmas...haven't gotten them yet, but I'm waiting :D

JacobiMoonsong

I'm sure we could get the image as a B/W comission but then we'd have to talk nice to ElfPop to get it on the bags. I think if we can get 10 people interested we can all pop in $20 for the image plus will need to buy a bag. I think that would do it (hopefully) - and maybe other colors beside yellow, green or brown would be nice :) Do the image in white on the bag if it gets too dark...

Kitt

But, we'd have to agree on which elf would appear on the bag, too Wink

JacobiMoonsong

I think we'd have to agree on everything as a group before we even start pestering the Pini's about it.

I kind of like the idea of Moonshade sitting on a log (in the forest of course) in her regular garb maybe knitting directly from a tote like the one in question or something more EQ appropriate. I don't really care wht she is knitting just that she has knitting needles as opposed to stitching or something else. I also like the idea of a different colored bag but we can get to that later with the ordering...

So who is at least in theoretically? If only 2 or 3 of us are interested we can drop it quick :) Count me in of course!

Kitt

[color=green:663a141d03]I'm in, but could we possible get it in something other than a totebag? Like, one of those satchels (at least I think that's what that is). And, although Moonshade would be cool, could we maybe think about having Shenshen or Leetah on a different bag? I think they both did stitchwork, too :P[/color:663a141d03]

JacobiMoonsong

Regarding the bag, the satchel would be cool. I like Moonshade for the image but any of three I think is OK.

Regarding CafePress - I am REALLY pleased at the pricing of items on CafePress, which seems fair from both ends to me :) There WAS a rant here but it looks like all problems have gone now, I left the only really positive statement I made earlier...

OK I'm done, hopefully I wasn't too out of line :) Hope everyone had a great holiday season (glad that one's over)! Going to send a E-Bay msg...

Tavie

[quote:1e3f53599a="Jacobi Moonsong"]I think we'd have to agree on everything as a group before we even start pestering the Pini's about it.

I kind of like the idea of Moonshade sitting on a log (in the forest of course) in her regular garb maybe knitting directly from a tote like the one in question or something more EQ appropriate. I don't really care wht she is knitting just that she has knitting needles as opposed to stitching or something else. I also like the idea of a different colored bag but we can get to that later with the ordering...

So who is at least in theoretically? If only 2 or 3 of us are interested we can drop it quick :) Count me in of course![/quote:1e3f53599a]

I'm totally in... I'd be happy with tote or satchel, anything that'll hold my yarn and a medium-sized project.

I love the idea of Moonshade, but Leetah or ShenShen would be cool, too.

Hunh, that's... three of us.

Let me go pester my Swedish friend who taught me to knit. (My return gift was introducing her to Elfquest... ;)

RichardPini

There have been requests for some of the older designs on t-shirts, and as I find the original art, I am scanning and uploading - with a bit of an eye toward bringing the designs into the new millennium.

You've probably already seen the updated "Nightfall"; I've just uploaded a new version of "To Hunt, To Howl, To Live Free". Somewhere I know I have the original "trio" design of Cutter, Leetah and Skywise; all I have to do is find it. Say it fast and it sounds easy.

Minouche

My kids are taking forever to settle on the T shirt each of them wants. As soon as those prima donas have chosen, I' ll order.

RichardPini

[quote:efeb017c78="muriel"]My kids are taking forever to settle on the T shirt each of them wants. As soon as those prima donas have chosen, I' ll order.[/quote:efeb017c78]

Keep checking too. I just posted an update on the classic Picknose shirt from years ago.

Kitt

[quote:9b760294ea="Jacobi Moonsong"]Regarding the bag, the satchel would be cool. I like Moonshade for the image but any of three I think is OK.[/quote:9b760294ea]

[color=green:9b760294ea]Cool-io! I just realized that they already have a messneger bag on the site so that answers that! :D One thing, though, you said that you wouldn't mind any of the three, but, would people be averse to seeing all three on the bag? Or for that matter, Ahnshen?! :D ...okay, I'm getting overboard, I know, I'm just thinking about all the tanners...oh yeah, Tanner :P So what, that's:

[b:9b760294ea]Moonshade

Leetah

Shenshen

Ahnshen

Tanner[/b:9b760294ea]

..anyone else? Now, I fully understand that ALL of these people couldn't be on the same bag, but Shenshen and Ahnshen could be cute :love: And a different pic for Leetah and Moonshade. And since Tanner was the first (well, not really) he could be solo. :D

...yes, I FULLY realize that I am being ....I don't know...something :rofl:[/color:9b760294ea]

JacobiMoonsong

That's something alright :) I think we need to keep the cost of the sketch in mind (unless Wendy wants to do one for fun). We have 3 people interested and we all seem to have something a little different in mind. I think a 2 or 3 person bag sketch would be cool, especially if you can get them all crafting (and at least 1 knitting) but I'm afraid the cost of $400 for 1 sketch would really start putting this idea out of reach.

For my input, I think the tote look best but maybe if we can com up with a image idea and chip in appropriately then once the image is done and made digital it should be able to go on either. Also, remember the sketch is only B&W as it stands today...Person-wise I think I prefer Moonshade since she was always the traditional wolfrider seamstress but really as long as someone is knitting I think it will work for me :)

Tavie

[quote:f352b8fad6="Jacobi Moonsong"]That's something alright :) I think we need to keep the cost of the sketch in mind (unless Wendy wants to do one for fun). We have 3 people interested and we all seem to have something a little different in mind. I think a 2 or 3 person bag sketch would be cool, especially if you can get them all crafting (and at least 1 knitting) but I'm afraid the cost of $400 for 1 sketch would really start putting this idea out of reach.

For my input, I think the tote look best but maybe if we can com up with a image idea and chip in appropriately then once the image is done and made digital it should be able to go on either. Also, remember the sketch is only B&W as it stands today...Person-wise I think I prefer Moonshade since she was always the traditional wolfrider seamstress but really as long as someone is knitting I think it will work for me :)[/quote:f352b8fad6]

What he said. ^_^

Allura

[quote:176f77a177="Kitt"]
[color=green:176f77a177]
[b:176f77a177]Moonshade

Leetah

Shenshen

Ahnshen

Tanner[/b:176f77a177]

..anyone else? [/color:176f77a177][/quote:176f77a177]

People seem to forget that Tyleet became a tanner when Moonshade was with Ember's tribe. She's their tanner now.

Tavie

You know, I've been thinking, and we're assuming a lot of things here. There are a bunch of "ifs" to consider:

IF we can get enough people interested in commissioning a sketch together
IF Wendy has time/interest enough to do the sketch and
IF Wendy doesn’t object to sketching something as non-canon as a character knitting and
IF she doesn’t object to possibly setting a precedent; (Our hobby’s fine, but will all the painters or model-airplane people suddenly decide THEY need their characters depicted doing those things on a tote??) and
IF there are no legal problems with us commissioning a sketch to be used on merchandise and
IF Richard thinks that using our sketch on merchandise is worth the effort”¦

Then we can have this.

And that’s if we want just the sketch on the bag ”“ if we want color involved, I think it’s a whole other set of “ifs”.

Just musing.

Tavie

::glances at my post above::

Way to go, buzzkill.

::pats self on back::

RichardPini

[quote:edd5428a7f="Tavie"]::glances at my post above::

Way to go, buzzkill.

::pats self on back::[/quote:edd5428a7f]

Actually, those are all very valid concerns, and the mere stating of them ought not kill any buzz. Unless it's a weak and pallid little buzz, in which case it's better to let Darwin have his way with it. Wink

Tavie

[quote:605ddeb6d5="RichardPini"][quote:605ddeb6d5="Tavie"]::glances at my post above::

Way to go, buzzkill.

::pats self on back::[/quote:605ddeb6d5]

Actually, those are all very valid concerns, and the mere stating of them ought not kill any buzz. Unless it's a weak and pallid little buzz, in which case it's better to let Darwin have his way with it. Wink[/quote:605ddeb6d5]

I'm gonna make another assumptive leap at this point and say that the fact that R. P. Puffenstuff has not immediately shot down our plan based on the last two concerns I've raised, which most directly involve him, that it may still be worth it for us to be trying to wrangle more interest in commissioning this sketch.

What say, guys...?

JacobiMoonsong

Yea - no wimpy buzzes! I did see your concerns and here is my input on them:

1. the # of people interested can be as little as 1 or two if they have extra $$ and are really interested in this. It is better for all of us to get 5-10 to agree on a image to defray the cost.

2. The image would be commissioned like any other and we would have to wait for Wendy to do it in her time frame. We will be patient :)

3. I don't think she will object too much, it's not like we are dressing someone up like Richard Simmons or Elvis. Knitting would be entirely viable, especially after a few thousand years of living off the land. And the use of bone needles or wooden needles are both viable and easily created...(especially for a treeshaper)

4. I think this is a good precedent. Here we the consumers are trying to agree on something that several of us want. We are willing to cover all costs as outlined ($200+ for sketch + cost of tote/bag/pillow/...). And I think the cost will definately prohibit just anyone from wanting this sort of thing.

5. No legal problems - thier sketch, thier merchandise, their franchise...

6. Richard has not piped up yet to say 'no' which I think he would have done by now if that was the way of it. Actually he has been very cool about taking requests for CafePress and I think he would be willing to help out as far as getting the sketch onto the merchandise...

ONLY REAL PROBLEM...Who keeps the original sketch?? That's a toughie and I guess it may just need to be sold on E-Bay for charity or left with the Pini's...

ALSO - how can we expect to have this available of CafePress and exclude those who did not 'chip in'? I don't think we can...

LASTLY - Let's forget color because that was not in what Wendy agreed to do sketch-wise and I think we are already stretching it...

Tavie

[quote:49002c996d="Jacobi Moonsong"]Yea - no wimpy buzzes! I did see your concerns and here is my input on them:

1. the # of people interested can be as little as 1 or two if they have extra $$ and are really interested in this. It is better for all of us to get 5-10 to agree on a image to defray the cost.[/quote:49002c996d]

Absolutely. I think there are at least 3 of us. We should cast out a little more and see if there's anyone else who wants in, for sure, but, yeah. It's probably doable if it comes to 3 of us.

[quote:49002c996d]2. The image would be commissioned like any other and we would have to wait for Wendy to do it in her time frame. We will be patient :)

3. I don't think she will object too much, it's not like we are dressing someone up like Richard Simmons or Elvis. Knitting would be entirely viable, especially after a few thousand years of living off the land. And the use of bone needles or wooden needles are both viable and easily created...(especially for a treeshaper)

4. I think this is a good precedent. Here we the consumers are trying to agree on something that several of us want. We are willing to cover all costs as outlined ($200+ for sketch + cost of tote/bag/pillow/...). And I think the cost will definately prohibit just anyone from wanting this sort of thing.

5. No legal problems - thier sketch, thier merchandise, their franchise...[/quote:49002c996d]

This all seems sensible to me, too.

[quote:49002c996d]6. Richard has not piped up yet to say 'no' which I think he would have done by now if that was the way of it. Actually he has been very cool about taking requests for CafePress and I think he would be willing to help out as far as getting the sketch onto the merchandise...[/quote:49002c996d]

That, too, has been very encouraging!

[quote:49002c996d]ONLY REAL PROBLEM...Who keeps the original sketch?? That's a toughie and I guess it may just need to be sold on E-Bay for charity or left with the Pini's...[/quote:49002c996d]

Absolutely - we can't split it into pieces and it would be equally ours, so we'll just have to look at it as investing in the bag itself, and maybe request it have a home on Elfquest.com for the public to look at and enjoy, and have them do what they wish with the sketch itself.

[quote:49002c996d]ALSO - how can we expect to have this available of CafePress and exclude those who did not 'chip in'? I don't think we can...[/quote:49002c996d]

No, and I'm willing to live with that. I just want my bag. Let others benefit. Why not. Knitters enjoy making things for others... ;)

[quote:49002c996d]LASTLY - Let's forget color because that was not in what Wendy agreed to do sketch-wise and I think we are already stretching it...[/quote:49002c996d]

I agree, that woud be simplest!

Tavie

Beautiful new (spoilerish) design on Cafepress!

Preeeeetty....!

cactus

Oh, and the Sunstream/Wavedancers swimming scene is available as a poster Surprised .
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to buy that one as well Grin .

Hehe, I love the "puckernuts" t-shirt btw.

RichardPini

[quote:b5cdb105a2="cactus"]Oh, and the Sunstream/Wavedancers swimming scene is available as a poster Surprised .
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to buy that one as well Grin .

Hehe, I love the "puckernuts" t-shirt btw.[/quote:b5cdb105a2]

Yeah, someone be sure to let Christina R know! Grin

SilverIce

[quote:07d89d853a="SilverIce"]Hay Elfpop, can you get this
[img:07d89d853a]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m183/SilverIce_2006/jitcrunch.jpg[/img:07d89d853a]

on a black T-shirt?[/quote:07d89d853a]

Any word yet on this one?

JacobiMoonsong

Have you looked? I think they are on there.

SilverIce

Just looked again. not there yet.

JacobiMoonsong

You're right! I thought there was one on there already. You can browse the DARK Ts and see all the black shirts :) That is a great print! Where's that bank we mentioned earlier?

krwordgazer

Richard, does CafePress do party goods? It would be great to have EQ paper plates, napkins, cups, streamers, tablecloths.

One year my daughter wanted an Elfquest birthday party, and I had to make do with a woodland theme with a few EQ pictures.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

RichardPini

[quote:b1f1b385d3="krwordgazer"]Richard, does CafePress do party goods? It would be great to have EQ paper plates, napkins, cups, streamers, tablecloths.

One year my daughter wanted an Elfquest birthday party, and I had to make do with a woodland theme with a few EQ pictures.

Would anyone else be interested in this?[/quote:b1f1b385d3]

If you go to the www.cafepress.com site, you don't have to have an account/store to click on the "make your own stuff" link at the top of the page. In the window that appears, you can check out all the different items they offer as blanks.

JacobiMoonsong

sooooooo......based on that theory then the image just asked about should be placeable on a black shirt....I wonder if this means we can....wow how cool :)

RichardPini

[quote:e2fe03815c="Jacobi Moonsong"]sooooooo......based on that theory then the image just asked about should be placeable on a black shirt....I wonder if this means we can....wow how cool :)[/quote:e2fe03815c]

"...I wonder if this means we can..."

What?

krwordgazer

It doesn't show that they have partyware. :( Oh, well.

I don't think Richard meant that we could take EQ images and make our own stuff! Just that we could look at the kinds of items images can be put on, right?

JacobiMoonsong

[quote:372c9d7eef]"...I wonder if this means we can..."

What?[/quote:372c9d7eef]

Well I guess mix and match :) I assume there is a image repository there that we can apply to a larger selection of goods. I haven't looked yet but that is my understanding.

[quote:372c9d7eef]I don't think Richard meant that we could take EQ images and make our own stuff[/quote:372c9d7eef]

I was pretty sure of that, sorry for any misunderstanding.

K - I'm going to go check out the customize feature...

.....OK I'm back now. It looks like the only way to use the customize feature is to upload your own images, so I guess that goes back to the earlier comment...seems we would have to use images we downloaded or drew ourselves...what we need is a CafePress image repository on the EQ site of acceptable (and ready-2-go) images to use on the CafePress products - but how would the wolfriders get thier cut?? Is there a customize feature within the Cafepress/EQ shop?

Minouche

[quote:3fb72d31b2="SilverIce"][quote:3fb72d31b2="SilverIce"]Hay Elfpop, can you get this
[img:3fb72d31b2]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m183/SilverIce_2006/jitcrunch.jpg[/img:3fb72d31b2]

on a black T-shirt?[/quote:3fb72d31b2]

Any word yet on this one?[/quote:3fb72d31b2]
The T shirt is fine, but I'd like it on my credit card (to give a few constipated store owners a haert attack.)

JacobiMoonsong

Hey I just wanted to say I got a couple of CafePress goodies for my B-Day :) and the calendar has great colors! Very nice ~ very crisp! Also got a mousepad (Blue Screen on Death) - also very cool. So far everything I have got from there has been nice! Woohoo!

RichardPini

[quote:68b2f1b7a1="krwordgazer"]It doesn't show that they have partyware. :( Oh, well.

I don't think Richard meant that we could take EQ images and make our own stuff! Just that we could look at the kinds of items images can be put on, right?[/quote:68b2f1b7a1]

Exactly so.

RichardPini

[quote:3871640016="Jacobi Moonsong"][quote:3871640016]"...I wonder if this means we can..."

What?[/quote:3871640016]

Well I guess mix and match :) I assume there is a image repository there that we can apply to a larger selection of goods. I haven't looked yet but that is my understanding.

[quote:3871640016]I don't think Richard meant that we could take EQ images and make our own stuff[/quote:3871640016]

I was pretty sure of that, sorry for any misunderstanding.

K - I'm going to go check out the customize feature...

.....OK I'm back now. It looks like the only way to use the customize feature is to upload your own images, so I guess that goes back to the earlier comment...seems we would have to use images we downloaded or drew ourselves...what we need is a CafePress image repository on the EQ site of acceptable (and ready-2-go) images to use on the CafePress products - but how would the wolfriders get thier cut?? Is there a customize feature within the Cafepress/EQ shop?[/quote:3871640016]

From what I can see, this "customize" feature is something available to people who, for example, want to make some t-shirts with a photo of the new nephew to give out at the kid's first birthday party. That sort of thing.

It's not right in your face but Cafepress does have an "intellectual property policy" that states, in part:

CafePress.com provides an automated internet-based service to users, which they use to design and sell merchandise. We contractually prohibit our users from using the service to sell merchandise that infringes third party intellectual property rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade dress and right of publicity).

That means no one other than Warp (because we own the copyrights and trademarks) may use any Elfquest-related imagery, whether taken from any web page, or scanned from any book, or even fan-drawn from scratch to make any Elfquest product. The ease with which CafePress (and other similar services) allows anyone to make stuff, also provides fertile ground for copyright and trademark infringement and theft. So - at the risk of sounding heavyhanded - please don't even think about going down that path.

RichardPini

[quote:56e2db5550="Jacobi Moonsong"]Hey I just wanted to say I got a couple of CafePress goodies for my B-Day :) and the calendar has great colors! Very nice ~ very crisp! Also got a mousepad (Blue Screen on Death) - also very cool. So far everything I have got from there has been nice! Woohoo![/quote:56e2db5550]

Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered a few things as samples to see the level of quality but it's difficult (and costly) to order one of everything! The more feedback of this sort from everyone here, the better I can gauge how well CafePress is living up to its assurances of high quality.

RichardPini

[quote:d508745dde="SilverIce"][quote:d508745dde="SilverIce"]Hay Elfpop, can you get this
[img:d508745dde]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m183/SilverIce_2006/jitcrunch.jpg[/img:d508745dde]

on a black T-shirt?[/quote:d508745dde]

Any word yet on this one?[/quote:d508745dde]

Done.

http://www.cafepress.com/elfquest/2378424

SilverIce

Fantastic!!!!!! I'll order 1 long sleeve and 2 short sleeve next week when I get paid.

:wave: :jump: :wave:

krwordgazer

[quote:c385735841="RichardPini"][quote:c385735841="Jacobi Moonsong"]Hey I just wanted to say I got a couple of CafePress goodies for my B-Day :) and the calendar has great colors! Very nice ~ very crisp! Also got a mousepad (Blue Screen on Death) - also very cool. So far everything I have got from there has been nice! Woohoo![/quote:c385735841]

Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered a few things as samples to see the level of quality but it's difficult (and costly) to order one of everything! The more feedback of this sort from everyone here, the better I can gauge how well CafePress is living up to its assurances of high quality.[/quote:c385735841]

Well, I can tell you my Darkwoods Cutter long-sleeve black shirt is beautiful-- the darks and lights contrast very dramatically-- and the cloth is soft and comfortable. It's about to get its first washing, so I'll let you know how it holds up. Cold, delicate cycle, inside out, I think the instructions said. :)

Kitt

[color=green:9ef88c5ea5]Well, I got the short sleeved "RIVALS" shirt and I was quite pleased. I'll see if I can take a pic of it so you can see how the image came out, later. :)[/color:9ef88c5ea5]

RichardPini

[quote:0898890a44="Kitt"][color=green:0898890a44]Well, I got the short sleeved "RIVALS" shirt and I was quite pleased. I'll see if I can take a pic of it so you can see how the image came out, later. :)[/color:0898890a44][/quote:0898890a44]

Hey there, Ms Member of Tamtastic - take a look at what's new in the CafePress shop as of 5 minutes ago, eh? :D

cactus

Haha Grin . That's so cool. I guess you'll have to buy that one Kitt. So do I, I'm afaid Grin .

NEXT PAGE