ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Weirdest recognition

The_Wylde_Wynd

As the title says, what would be the weirdest recognition. And who's would produce the weirdest kid?

Personaly, I think it's Winnowill and Surge. Tremble mortals, tremble.

JadeOwl

Not gonna respond to this until the "Mommy? Daddy?" thread is answered. :twisted:

Treefox

Are dead elves counting as well? Well then, how about Winnowill and Cutter? Apart from the fact that she would probably kill him rather than answer the demands of Recognition, their offspring would be rather interesting, no? I mean Winnowill's powers mixed with Wolfrider blood?

Nowth

You'd just get (Venka*(-1))^2. Would probably have radioactive hair and a Japanese name.

You want weird? Kimo, shapeshifted into a flower, recognising Bee. Now wouldn't that be romantic!

JadeOwl

Quote:
Nowth

Kimo, shapeshifted into a flower, recognising Bee. Now wouldn't that be romantic!

:P

Impossibly romantic, in fact. :D

Treefox

Bee recognizing Kimo in flower form makes me think of an old German TV ad, where a daffodil starts to puke because of seeing a girl with horrible glasses...
you think the same could happen with Kimo seeing Bee's outfit?

JadeOwl

Rahnee She-Wolf and Two-Edge. Imagine - their kid would have to choice between wolfsong, starsong and...troll...song? :? Surprised

Fourleafclover

Grin

Allura

Surge and Winnowill? That would be interesting, but I think a weirder (and deadlier) one would be Winnie and Timmorn.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Surprised Surprised

Nowth

Quote:
Jade Owl

Rahnee She-Wolf and Two-Edge. Imagine - their kid would have to choice between wolfsong, starsong and...troll...song? :? Surprised

Rock song. Metal, to be precise

crescent1325

Nowth.. you slay me! Grin

Arthis

Quote:
Nowth

You'd just get (Venka*(-1))^2.

the "-1" is useless in this formula... didn't you mean (Venka^2)*(-1)?

Nowth

Yes :oops:

JadeOwl

Quote:
Nowth

[quote:ff6a57f0f9="Jade Owl"]Rahnee She-Wolf and Two-Edge. Imagine - their kid would have to choice between wolfsong, starsong and...troll...song? :? Surprised

Rock song. Metal, to be precise[/quote:ff6a57f0f9]

Hee! :D Grin I can definitely imagine that...A rebellious, teenage quarter-troll rockin' out in her room. Covering her walls with posters of the latest in elven fashion and storming out of the house growling and snarling under her breath, swearing she could just bite her parents.

Trollbabe

And if Winnowill used a condom, would it be Surge protection?

Somebody had to say it...

Thallasia

Trollbabe, I've always been a fan of Augra, but your avatar is just a teensy bit on the large side, don't ya think ;)

On topic: How about Savah and TwoSpear..
..I wonder if she then still would think of Recognition as a blessing... Surprised

Freefootgirl

I personally think that the child of Khavi and Redlance would be pretty wierd. I mean, the child might have magic, which Khavi would hate. But also, if she recognized Redlance, she would have to stop constantly scorning recognition. That would show her how unstoppable it really is. But also, Redlance is so peaceful. If the child was anything like Khavi, Redlance would be unhappy and vice versa.

**Freefootgirl strokes chin**

-Freefootgirl

Minouche

Quote:
Freefootgirl

I personally think that the child of Khavi and Redlance would be pretty wierd...

-Freefootgirl

Muriel strokes chin too...Hem, how about a fierce warrior who categorically refuses to harm salads or any other innocent vegetable ? Wink
What about Mender/Trinket? She is obviously not opposed to the idea.

Minouche

Quote:
Jade Owl

[quote:61132ce228="Nowth"][quote:61132ce228="Jade Owl"]Rahnee She-Wolf and Two-Edge. Imagine - their kid would have to choice between wolfsong, starsong and...troll...song? :? Surprised

Rock song. Metal, to be precise[/quote:61132ce228]
Hee! :D Grin I can definitely imagine that...A rebellious, teenage quarter-troll rockin' out in her room. Covering her walls with posters of the latest in elven fashion and storming out of the house growling and snarling under her breath, swearing she could just bite her parents.[/quote:61132ce228]
Yeah, but what is an teenage elf? somewhere between 1,200 and 2,000?

Freefootgirl

Quote:
muriel

[quote:3d52bba532="Freefootgirl"]I personally think that the child of Khavi and Redlance would be pretty wierd...

-Freefootgirl

Muriel strokes chin too...Hem, how about a fierce warrior who categorically refuses to harm salads or any other innocent vegetable ? Wink
What about Mender/Trinket? She is obviously not opposed to the idea.[/quote:3d52bba532]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Wink nice one!

-Freefootgirl

MichaelChandler

The freakiest recognition has been taken... but still, I say that the weirdest would be Winnowill & Treestump. ne body know why?

Sharee

Bearclaw and Winnowill. A most deadly combo I would guess.
Whatever the outcome the kid would at least have enough attitude.

cactus

I have another Winnowill one. Poor thing, shows up in 90% of the weird combos... Grin
How about Winnowill and Two-Spear? Or did someone mention that already? Maybe read it somewhere else?

I'm a bit distracted today :oops: .
Anyway......Poor kiddo. Probably doomed to be insane.

Trollbabe

The wierdest recognitions would have to be Elves from EQ and Elves from other works of fiction.

JadeOwl

Kahvi and Legolas?

One of the Little People and Timmain?

Yeah, I see what you mean. Surprised Grin

Suzene

A Pratchett elf and Winnowill. RUN AND HIDE!

JadeOwl

Oh god that would be the scariest child EVER. Seriously.

Freefootgirl

HAhhahhahahahaha.

Legolas and Ember. Hee. Wouldn't Mender and Teir be jealous?

-Freefootgirl

MrsGrizzley

I'd almost grovel on my knees to read that fanfic. *grin*

Grown up Ember and Legolas? That could be an interesting combination.

Of course . . . I think I can do ya one better. *grin* Ember and Drizzt Do'Urden. Admittedly, Tier is close to being an EQ equivalent, but still . . .

Mrs. Grizzley

Freefootgirl

:D :D :D

Freefootgirl

Drizzt Do'Urden??? :?:

The_Wylde_Wynd

He's a drow. From R.A. Salvatore's books in the Forgotten Realms series.

Freefootgirl

Thank you. Now, what's a drow?? :D

The_Wylde_Wynd

Typicaly drows are dark/evil elves who live underground in a matriarchal socioty, characterized by black skin, white or silver hair, and red eyes (though occasionaly gray, yellow or violet eyes appear). They're potent magic users who are weak in sunlight and hold a general hatred for "surface" elves.

Suzene

[quote:92e55a0eb8="Freefootgirl"]HAhhahhahahahaha.

Legolas and Ember. Hee. Wouldn't Mender and Teir be jealous?[/quote:92e55a0eb8]

Not to mention Gimli. :angel:

And [url=http://lavendereyes.rivkashome.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album43&id=abf&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php]this
[/url] would be a pretty good example of a drow.

MrsGrizzley

Drizz, however, is completely atypical as far as drow go. He's got the black skin and the white hair, but his eyes are violet, I believe, and he is, of all things, good aligned. He's a neutral good ranger who has chosen to live on the surface, among those who fear him because of the color of his skin (since drow are typically evil) and he is a bad@$$ in battle. OMG you have to read some of the battles in those books, the guy rocks! Just thinking about it and I start geeking out over here.

Of course, that's because I have a general weakness for Hunter archetypes, and there are so few truly bad@$$ rangers that one more is a treasure to hold dear.

I mean, really, you get the whole prince-in-beast's-clothing image that draws my soul to characters like Beast and Wolverine, and there's the haunted and tortured soul that I geeked to as an adolescent, there's a hint of Rayek in some of his self-sufficiency and his attitude, but he's not quite so unapproachably arrogant. He's just . . . everything.

And on top of it all there's his panther, Gwynhwyvar. She's almost as delightful a character as he is. Of course, being that she's an extra-planar being hidden in a tiny onyx statuette . . . helps.

*grin*

Mrs. Grizzley (so is someone else writing this fanfic, or am I going to have to do it?)

Suzene

Not I. I'm all about Dinin. Drizzt does nothing for me.

Freefootgirl

Thanks for explaining!

What about tinker bell and a preserver??

:D

-Freefootgirl

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:7c401f230a="Freefootgirl"]
What about tinker bell and a preserver??

-Freefootgirl[/quote:7c401f230a]

*face-plants* Oh man!*struggles back to feet* That would be the most annoying kid in existance! Grin

How about Winnowill and Dalamar the Dark? :twisted:

Freefootgirl

Yeah. Just imagine.

"Me want tinkibell *squeal* reeeeeeeeeeed me *tinkling sound of bells* story *scream*"

Oh God... I hate to ask this... but who is Dalamar the Dark?

-Freefootgirl

The_Wylde_Wynd

You don't read alot of fantasy do you? Grin

Dalamar is a dark elf (but not a drow) from the DragonLance universe. He's very handsome (or was until a wild-magic sorceror nearly killed him and scared up half of his face Unhappy ) with pale skin, black hair, and grey eyes. He was a member of the Silvanesti house Servitor (basicaly a slave but no elf would ever agree that was the truth, either through disbeleif or pride) until he was banished for practiseing dark magic ("forbidden" to the elves of Krynn). He ended up (after much hardship) as an apprentice to the black-robed mage Raistlin Majere, the most powerful mage of all time, but was also working as a spy for the Wizard's Conclave. Raistlin eventualy punished him for his treachury by burning his finger-prints into Dalamar's chest, making wound that would never heal. Later Dalamar would become the head of the black-robed mages. In short, Dalamar rocks and is hot. Wink

I figured he and Winnie would make a pretty good match, both being dark, outcasts from there people, and extremely powerful magic users. At least... they'd be a good couple until Raistlin and Rayek found out and joined forces to get their sweeties back Grin .*blatent Dalamar/Raistlin shipper*

Freefootgirl

Thank you.

They do sound pretty fitted for each other.

No, I don't read a lot of fantasy. I'm more of a realistic fiction kind of person. Except for EQ, of course.

-Freefootgirl

MrsGrizzley

It's okay, Freefootgirl, I don't read alot of Dragonlance myself, so I hadn't a clue about Dalamar either. I knew about Raistlin because, well, because my sister went through a bad-boys streak and geeked over him for a year or two. That and a guy I rped with in a play by email named his character after him. Very interesting, but I'd really like to pound some humanity into that annoying mage.

Not that I blame him for turning out like he did, at least, not unduly blame him. His brother didn't help the whole keep-Raist-from-going-EEEEEVIL quest.

In point of fact, can you imagine Raist getting with Winnie? At least it'd be one more person who wouldn't age in front of his eyes.

Mrs. Grizzley

Minouche

I'd be interested in seeing how Yun and Chot would react to the idea, were they to recognize each other. Wink
Or Ruffel and Rayek :rofl:

MrsGrizzley

Ruffel's a fangirl type, and Rayek doesn't go in for fangirls, all that geeking gets on the rugs. At least, I think Ruffel's a fangirl type, she doesn't *seem* to have that inner core of iron that so attracts Rayek. Sheesh, it's like he's the stinking lodestone.

As for Chot and Yun, . . . who knows. Who really knows. I certainly don't. Though I think it would be interesting to see Yun cuddling a cub to her heart.

Mrs. Grizzley

Freefootgirl

Yun and Chot :D

They would probably kill each other before they recognized. But they would be kinda cute together if it worked out.

-Freefootgirl

Minouche

[quote:8ad7b8ef3c="MrsGrizzley"]Ruffel's a fangirl type, and Rayek doesn't go in for fangirls, all that geeking gets on the rugs. At least, I think Ruffel's a fangirl type, she doesn't *seem* to have that inner core of iron that so attracts Rayek. Sheesh, it's like he's the stinking lodestone.
Mrs. Grizzley[/quote:8ad7b8ef3c]
Too true. The fun light as a feather airhead and the brooding intense tortured soul. That's why I thought it who be so hilariously weird. :spit:
I think that there is absolutely no way to predict the result on that one. Come on guys, try it :thbpt: Wink

JadeOwl

New favorite:

Male Yun and Timmain.

[i:998031147d]Think[/i:998031147d] about it.

The_Wylde_Wynd

*thinks about it* ... *passes out*

JadeOwl

:poke: :mrgreen:

The_Wylde_Wynd

*sits up holding head* I hope the FBI never stumbles across this place, we'd all get arested for possetion. Grin

Oh here's one, female Two-Edge and Reef.

JadeOwl

Oh, oh god, I'm sorry! *hugs them both*

Though actually...

*thinks about it*

That might work really well. Reef could show Two Edge who he used to be, what he used to be, and how he was healed. Perhaps it would cure Two Edge's fear of healers. Plus, Reef is a healer himself, soooo...It's perfect!

Except the whole REALLY HUGE EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT TO HEALER thing with Two Edge, and the whole REALLY HUGE EMOTIONAL ATTACHENT TO THE SON/DAUGHTER OF MY TORTURER for Reef.

Huh!

*Is now hoping for a canon soul-sibling bond to happen*

Freefootgirl

Grin Grin Grin

lunakat

Reef and Winnowil?

Like... maybe it happened a long time ago? Thus pissing her off.... (Wherein, Rayek finds his hopes dashed!)

KirthelastGo-Back

[quote:8512276959="lunakat"]Reef and Winnowil?

Like... maybe it happened a long time ago? Thus pissing her off.... (Wherein, Rayek finds his hopes dashed!)[/quote:8512276959]

So what does that make Winnie's "breaking" of Reef, then? S&M gone bad? :twisted:

"Kir," only playing at being naughty.

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:a3bb98bcf4="Kir. the last Go-Back"][quote:a3bb98bcf4="lunakat"]Reef and Winnowil?

Like... maybe it happened a long time ago? Thus pissing her off.... (Wherein, Rayek finds his hopes dashed!)[/quote:a3bb98bcf4]

So what does that make Winnie's "breaking" of Reef, then? S&M gone bad? :twisted:

"Kir," only playing at being naughty.[/quote:a3bb98bcf4]

*falls to the ground twitching and laughing*

Minouche

I'm disapointed. I wish someone (one our numerous talented artists on the forum) would have taken the challenge and tried to figure what very strange elf that recognition would have produced.
The fun light as a feather airhead (Ruffel) and the brooding intense tortured soul (Rayek). Puleeze :bow:

MichaelChandler

[size=28:a2f3672a20]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!![/size:a2f3672a20]

[size=9:a2f3672a20]I got one![/size:a2f3672a20]

How bout Ember and Chitter!!! (if ember was a male)

Talk about some kiddies with a lot of energy!

LadyArill

(Cowers in unison with Winnowill at the thought of the offspring of Ember/Chitter)

Oh, my God...that would be like giving a Labrador puppy an entire bag of sugar and setting it loose!!(Shudders)

Here's a fairly twisted one:
Ember/Lord Voll

First she's a child sitting on his knee, the next they're makin' little flying Wolfriders....

THUDPTH.

Eh? Winnowill? Are you okay??(Pokes)
Wiiiiiiiinnnnooowiiiiiiiiill.....

I do believe she has fainted....poor thing....

The_Wylde_Wynd

*chokeing to death on laughter* :roflmao:

OH OH! I gotta good one! Chitter and Tasslehoff Burfoot! Think on it and shudder!

LadyArill

Here's one for ya: Winnowill and Strongbow. I'm pretty sure they'd both either kill eachother or themselves before they consumated the Recognition...

JadeOwl

Been suggested. but really, they'd be such pretty kids!

The_Wylde_Wynd

Not to mention obseenly powerful senders. Grin

LadyArill

Oh, yeah...they WOULD be pretty cubs, but I'm fairly sure Winnowill would kill them in her womb.
Kay, how about this one, then??

Sun Toucher and Winnowill.
Oh! And Voll and Savah.

The_Wylde_Wynd

*snickers* Oh I can just imagine the look on Leetah's face when her daddy hooks up with Winnie!

#Wyl's insane imagination#
Leetah: OH DADDY NO!
Suntoucher: Now, now sweetie. As your Wolfrider friends always say, "Recognition is recognition"!
Leetah: BUT IT'S WINNO-WICKED!
Sountoucher: Leetah, don't call names. It's not nice.
Winnowill:*walks up behind Leetah* Hi Lee-sweetie! You can call me "Mom" if you want!
Leetah: :EEEK: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
#End Wyl's insane imagination#

Hehehe. :twisted:

LadyArill

:rofl: OH! That's just RICH!! (Falls over, clutching sides)

Here's MY interpretation of Voll and Savah's Recognition:

SAVAH: Well...you are a handsome one, aren't you? And with so many old powers! AND you are older than I am, which is QUITE a surprise.
VOLL: You are quite lovely...and you don't make me feel depressed like Winnowill does. Plus, this is Recognition, which means I will finally get to have a child! Sweet!
(Both walk off to consumate Recognition and most likely become lifemates. Leetah is once more scarred for life. Poor Leetah.) :twisted:

Actually, I think that Savah and Voll would go good together, with one possible problem...

[i:86a4a594ff]That dirt veined, mud skinned WENCH! I will destroy her from the inside out![/i:86a4a594ff]

....that goes by the name of Winnowill. She'd tear Savah's lungs out with her bare hands, then drag Voll away by his pointed ear....I think I feel a ficcy coming on!

JadeOwl

[quote:b7b06d00bc="Lady Arill"]I think I feel a ficcy coming on![/quote:b7b06d00bc]

Surprised *runs away*

Know what I'd like to see? Seriously? Pre-madness Winnowill and Ekuar.

:P

The_Wylde_Wynd

@Aril: :roflmao: Oh dear sweet Lady of Blood and Vengence, my stomach!

[quote:3527ab9304="Jade Owl"]Know what I'd like to see? Seriously? Pre-madness Winnowill and Ekuar.

:P[/quote:3527ab9304]

Grin Careful Jade, don't let Rayek hear you!

LadyArill

@Jade Owl: Hey, we were talking about something like that in the Great Egg. I said Winnowill would Recognize Ekuar if she were to rescue him and his friends from the Mountain Trolls! Ohhh...yet another ficcy! I DO wonder how Voll would react to Winnowill recognizing another Elf. Happy for a while, but then jealous? Any ideas? (I know it's OT, but I can't help it!) That WOULD be a pretty sweet pairing...on multiple levels. :D
@Wynd: Your Leetah impression was GOLD! GOLD, I say!

JadeOwl

I think he would be ecstatic at the possibility of children again, but expect her to consummate it with Ekuar and then return to him. She might have other ideas....depends on how pre-madness she is. Have they started to grow apart yet?

LadyArill

Well, since she went looking for the Palace in the first place, I'd say they were growing apart...

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:53f137a966="Lady Arill"]@Wynd: Your Leetah impression was GOLD! GOLD, I say![/quote:53f137a966]
*bows* Thankies darling!

And someone [i:53f137a966]has[/i:53f137a966] to write a Winnie/Ekuar story now!

Here's an idea to induce twitching: Chitter recognizes Puffer, they have a son, he goes on to recognize Winnowill... while her soul is [i:53f137a966]inside[/i:53f137a966] Rayek's body! :twisted:

LadyArill

(Has heart attack at the very idea)
Poor, poor Rayek Unhappy .

On a side note, I shall do a Winny Ekuar story! I wonder a few things, though:
1. Would she stay with Voll or Ekuar??
2.Would she regrow her charges' lost limbs?
3. What would thier baby even look like? And what gender would it be?

HERE'S a scary Recognition:
Kureel and Chitter.

JadeOwl

Kureel would shoot himself.

And I've always sort of liked 9in a twisted way) the idea of someone Recognizing Winnowill while whe's inside Rayek. What would happen?

Well, if they were growing apart I'd say that she would stay with Ekuar for a while, and then see.

No! They shuld have a threemating! Totally seriously, this is the only way I can see it. Voll wouldn't deny Ekuar the right to his mate and children, but he would long so for children himself that Winnie and Ekuar would invite him to join them. Yes!

And as for the regrowth of limbs, I think it would depend on Ekuar's wishes. After all, that stone leg does come in handy Wink

And they should have a girl-child that would later lovemate/Recognize Rayek.

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:3f302428f3="Jade Owl"]And I've always sort of liked 9in a twisted way) the idea of someone Recognizing Winnowill while whe's inside Rayek. What would happen?[/quote:3f302428f3]

Well she [i:3f302428f3]did[/i:3f302428f3] manage to shape his body into hers once.

[quote:3f302428f3="Jade Owl"]No! They shuld have a threemating! Totally seriously, this is the only way I can see it. Voll wouldn't deny Ekuar the right to his mate and children, but he would long so for children himself that Winnie and Ekuar would invite him to join them. Yes!
*snip*
And they should have a girl-child that would later lovemate/Recognize Rayek.[/quote:3f302428f3]

I totally agree! Of course if they don't have a girl you realize that you're kinda setting Rayek up to have an Oedipul Complex right?

JadeOwl

:rofl: Well, you never know. If he starts thinking of her as a mother figure, though, I doubt he's be romantically interested in her. I think he's have a relationship with her kind of like the one he has with Savah. Awesomely powerful, interesting, want-you-to-teach-me.

LadyArill

A three mating? Brilliant! Winnowill will have two adorable, rock shaping Elfy Man Crumpets, then...yum yum :twisted:. But boy, would that kid be confused, what with two daddies and only one mommy. And of COURSE she would Recognize Rayek!! Crazy people, why do you even dare question that?!! RAYEK NEEDS LOVE TOO!! Ahem, sorry....I'm thinking she would have Winnowill's eyes...brown hair...and Ekuar's rock shaping skills.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Ooh ooh OOOH!!!! IDEA! Winnie and Ekuar recognize, have a boy, than Rayek and the boy turn out to be soul mates and than life-mate ala Dart-and-Kimo!

Meus

[quote:d9c17d6cee="Lady Arill"]Crazy people, why do you even dare question that?!! RAYEK NEEDS LOVE TOO!! Ahem, sorry....[/quote:d9c17d6cee]

You are so close of your fond Rayek Lady Arill :) You keep forgetting what Leetah, Ember and Venka told him; he is loved, he just can't be satisfied with that. Love is not enough whereas he has plenty. The problem with him is he knows (knew) only one way to answer: over-protection. Even now in his doom, I would say he still over-protect Winwowill. Of course, first purpose is to protect all elfkind. But beyond death, he still protect her from herself.

I can imagine an end to Rogue's curse; Rayek finally frees Winowill, conscious he will never manage to hold her forever. He sets her free and she express cheer and evil joy. Then she slows down, looks around, and realizes how much she is empty. She may even feel fear to be alone after being trapped so long in a loving being. And then, she redeems and go to the Palace peacefully, whereas Rayek returns, rests a little (a few decades? ;)), recognizes Leetah (Yeah! Come one, he deserves it!) and has a baby named Annavhi who later becomes one of the Masters of the Palace, (Optimist? Me? So little :))

Meus

LadyArill

Yeah, see, that is an AWESOME alturnative to Rayek's current situation!
Boy is an option, too...oooh, what about TWINS??? Little, cute, rock shaping twins? Boy AND girl? See? EVERYBODY wins that way!!

krwordgazer

[quote:b88fea4947="Lady Arill"]
On a side note, I shall do a Winny Ekuar story! I wonder a few things, though:2.Would she regrow her charges' lost limbs?
.[/quote:b88fea4947]

I'm not sure how the timing of Blue Mountain and Guttlekraw's kingdom mesh, exactly. But depending on how early in their captivity Ekuar and his friends are, they might not actually have lost any limbs yet.

I'm pretty sure Ekuar lost his arm much earlier than he lost his leg; that he lost his leg under Greymung, not Guttlekraw.

Meus

Was it not stated somewhere that healers were not able to grow missing limbs? That would be logical actually, a kind of material issue. You can't restore something which is missing, you can only mend damaged tissus/bones. Growing something means messing with mass balance in a body, so unless you work on a big fat elf (ok, something's wrong here, isn't it?), that should not be possible :)

Meus

JadeOwl

I've thought about this. Does it ever say that the flesh has to be the subject's own? Because if not, it should be possible for several elves to "lend their flesh" so that the limbs may be regrown without any detrimental effects (besides a slight amount of weight loss) to the donors.

And yes, ythat is kind of creepy.

krwordgazer

If elves have "stem cells," like we do, perhaps a healer could induce some of them to develop into a new limb? Or something?

MrsGrizzley

I seem to remember running across a line in a novelization somewhere that said that Leetah offered to regrow Ekuar's limbs, and he, smilingly, refused.

I can't see how it couldn't be done, it's just a little flesh shaping and all that.

Mrs. Grizzley (who's *almost* got her webpage ready!)

Meus

[quote:61d695a290="MrsGrizzley"]I seem to remember running across a line in a novelization somewhere that said that Leetah offered to regrow Ekuar's limbs, and he, smilingly, refused.[/quote:61d695a290]
Did he? The only example I can think of is when Skywise ask Suntoucher why he didn't request Leetah to retore his eyes. His answer fits what many blind people feel about not being blind any more. Oh, and there is Two-Spear too, but he refuses healing for very different reason :D But there, Ekuar refusing new limbs when offered? That would be bardly understandable, wouldn't it?

[quote:61d695a290="MrsGrizzley"]I can't see how it couldn't be done, it's just a little flesh shaping and all that.

Mrs. Grizzley (who's *almost* got her webpage ready!)[/quote:61d695a290]

Shaping and growing things is quite different to me. It is like you wanted to add a handle to a clay pot. Several possibility:
- You add clay from spare stock (difficult to consider this with flesh, not really pleasant to imagine taking flesh from another elf either).
- You take clay from the pot itself and make a handle of it (which makes the pot smaller)
- You magically generate more clay from nothing (which is difficult to explain, even with elf magic)

But I didn't consider making cells grow faster, that may be a solution... Though I can only see that as improving natural body hability, and in that case, you can merely heal. Elf bodies are like humans, they don't naturally regrow limbs, so there would be nothing to accelerate here.

So, to get back to topic, if we want a healer able to grow limbs, we have to see a recognition between a healer and a tree-shaper! Which means... Leetah and Redlance recognized! I love this idea :)
Meus

lunakat

You might be able to get the cells to grow... but then you'd also have to reconstruct muscle and sinew and skin and bone-- blood vessels, nerves, joints and digits... all from nothing. And that would, I imagine, be a lot harder than merely repairing or altering what's already there.

You know, I don't think there ever was a novelization of Book 4. I think the novels ended with Cutter and co. leaving Blue mountain to live in the woods.

LadyArill

Hmmm...not a very goodplace to stop....
Hmmm...I can see that Ekuar would probably want his arm back...but if he'd already lost his leg, he would stick to the fake one. As someone already said, it could come in handy....

Back on topic....hmmmm...Moonshade and Rayek.

The_Wylde_Wynd

*sits back and imagines*

[i:7806d4c267]#Wyl's Insane Imagination#

Rayek:*dodges a hail of arrows* WHAT HAPPENED TO "RECOGNITION IS RECOGNITION" DAMN IT!
Strongbow:*reloading* #THAT DOESN'T APLIE TO YOU AND/OR MY LIFE-MATE!
Skywise:*to Leetah* Shouldn't we do something?
Leetah: Oh no. There are different kinds of healing for different problems.
*scream heard of-screen*
Skywise:*winces* Yeah well I think Rayek's going to need one that works with arrow-type problems.

#End Wyl's Insane Imagination# [/i:7806d4c267]

Ok... that was weird. Surprised

Here's one to [i:7806d4c267]really[/i:7806d4c267] freak ole Strongbow out: Moonshade and Kureel! :twisted:

Meus

Strange how everybody wants to pair Moonshade with someone else than Strongbow. It seems she is the one who is interesting out of her own couple. I mean, no one would think the same with Rainsong or Dewshine, two other female elf whose couple is quite strong. But Strongbow and Moonshade seem different. Their link is so strong, it is tempting to imagine something challenging their love. And only Recognition seem able to do that :D

Meus

LadyArill

[quote:7d78f9ff8f]Here's one to really freak ole Strongbow out: Moonshade and Kureel! [/quote:7d78f9ff8f]

...and lo, the Chosen Eight found thier captain brutally murdered in the nest of his Bond Bird, around seventeen arrows protruding from his back along with a note that read simply: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY LIFEMATE....

JadeOwl

[quote:80c4872805="Meus"]Strange how everybody wants to pair Moonshade with someone else than Strongbow. It seems she is the one who is interesting out of her own couple. I mean, no one would think the same with Rainsong or Dewshine, two other female elf whose couple is quite strong. But Strongbow and Moonshade seem different. Their link is so strong, it is tempting to imagine something challenging their love. And only Recognition seem able to do that :D

Meus[/quote:80c4872805]

Well, to me, Rainsong is devoted to BEING A MOTHER, and recognition with someone else wouldn't kill that devotion. And Dewshine is devoted to family and being a wolfrider, but again, Recognition wouldn't really change that (anymore than it already has). But Moonshade and Strongbow are devoted to eachother and eachother alone, not to "having a lifemate" or "having a child" or "being such and such". Thus, splitting them up seems far more drastic and strange.

At least, that;s what it is to me.

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:739cdce693="Lady Arill"]

...and lo, the Chosen Eight found thier captain brutally murdered in the nest of his Bond Bird, around seventeen arrows protruding from his back along with a note that read simply: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY LIFEMATE....[/quote:739cdce693]

:spit: :roflmao:

MrsGrizzley

As funny as those thoughts might be . . . I don't think Strongbow would react that violently to a cross-Recognition unless the one Moonshade Recognized *tried* to interfere in their bond. Recognition is the Way, it's as simple as that.

Still, funny reading.

Mrs. Grizzley

MichaelChandler

What about Guttlekraw and a Female Bearclaw Surprised Surprised Surprised ! And you thought Winn and Surge were bad. The entire human race would be demolished (if they don't kill each other one the first day recognized Grin Grin Grin )

All thee who value thy life, RUN LIKE A GOAT!!!!

Minouche

but all those are weird=dangerous, not weird=strange, weird=fun or even funny :?

The_Wylde_Wynd

How about this one then: Skywise and Oddbit. :twisted:

Minouche

Surprised :rofl: :thumbsup: I like that: the least you could say is that the offspring won't be run of the mill.
How about Pike/Savah? I wonder what it would give?

JadeOwl

[quote:3923b81cdc="muriel"]Surprised :rofl: :thumbsup: I like that: the least you could say is that the offspring won't be run of the mill.
How about Pike/Savah? I wonder what it would give?[/quote:3923b81cdc]

The Wise Fool.

NEXT PAGE