ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

ElfQuest Trade List

Skya

Just finished a massive trade with faeriegirl that went beautifully. It does however mean it's time to do a massive update of my trades list so here it is.

My first priority on these is to trade for ElfQuest goodies I dont have. That said, if I have stuff you're looking for, and you dont have anything I need, drop me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out.

ElfQuest I have for Trade or Sale

Readers Collections and graphic novels:

New Blood - $10

8a Dreamtime - $20

8a In All But Blood - $50

9 Rogue's Curse - $30

9a Wolfrider - $30

9c Kahvi - $50

11 Legacy - minor cover creasing - $15

11a Huntress - $20

11b Wild Hunt - $50

11c Shadowstalker - $20

Individual issues up for trade ($1 each unless listed otherwise):

Summer Special 2001 #1 Wolfshadow - $20

ElfQuest 25th anniversary special - $3

The Essential ElfQuest (cover creases)

Warp Graphics Annual - $3

WaveDancers #3, 4, 5 - $7 each

New Blood #9, 27

EQ vol 2 #27 (cover creases)

Marvel Epic #27

Kings of the Broken Wheel #1-5, 6 (cover creases), 8, 9

Issues scanned for Digital EQ up for trade:

The following issues were used for the scanning of Digital EQ. In most cases that means they have been opened all the way and carefully flattened. How much damage this has done varies. Mostly it has left very light to some moderate wear along the spine. Any issue that has a two page spread had the staples removed and then carefully put back in. Feel free to request more detailed information on the condition of anything I have. I may not know my way around grading comics, but I can certainly get you a detailed description and a picture.

Two-Spear #1-5 - $3 each

Kahvi #1-6 - $3 each

Hidden Years #11 (cover separated) - free

Kings Cross #2 - $5

Books up for trade:

The Blood of Ten Chiefs Vol 5 - trade paperback, light reading wear - $5

ElfQuest Journey to Sorrows End Berkley Book Edition - Heavy wear and name plate on inside cover - $1

ElfQuest stuff I'm looking for

International issues I'm looking for:

I'm looking for a variety of non English editions of ElfQuest. In particular I'm looking for French and Russian issues, however, I'd love to get my hands on pretty much any edition, format or publisher of Elfquest that I dont have. Not knowing everything that is out there it's easier for me to list the issues I already have:

#1-10 Elfquest, Macchia Nera

#1-5 Abenteuer in der Elfenwelt, Bastei

#1-18, Specials #1-2 Neue Aubenteuer, Carlsen

#1-9 Neue Aubenteuer in der Elfenwelt Sammeldande, Carlsen

#1-2 Kahvi, Carlsen

#21-61 Aubenteuer in der Elfenwelt, Carlsen

#62-65 Dromentijd, Arboris

#1-16 Vergorben Jaren, Arboris

Elfquest books I'm looking for:

Hidden Years 9 1/2 Gold

Independent Voices #3

The print from the Hardcover Donning Slipcase #1

Other Elfquest items I'm looking for:

Ral Partha miniatures (I dont care about the boxes, just the minis)

Set 1: Wolfriders I (12 pieces)

Set 2: Journey to Sorrow's End (10 pieces)

Set 3: Personalities (8 pieces)

Set 4: Wolfriders II (12 pieces)

Set 5: Quest to Blue Mountain (10 pieces)

Set 6: End of the Quest (10 pieces)

Superior Models Cutter and Leetah 90mm

Pertha Figures Cutter and Leetah

Yearnings #2-4

Wolfrider Reflections Songbook

Portfolio II (the pastel portraits)

Fandom Calendar 1980

Elfquest Prints - Recognition?, that kind of thing

ElfQuest Original Art - anything I can get my hands on

I'm also always looking for any odd and unusual ElfQuest related items especially things like press release advertising, and unusual editions of books. I loved finding an advanced reading copy of Searcher and the Sword for example. Anyone know if there are ARCs of any of the other ElfQuest books?

JacobiMoonsong

Hey! I got to say I was very happy with the Kahvi I got from Skya! For pricing I try to watch E-Bay but the range is hideous. Fair pricing will be a mix of what you paid for it and what it is worth.

Reader's collection issues that are low or OOP will go for more. Almost never will they go for what the prices say in the Wolfrider shop (shouldn't anyway).

A fair re-sale price is about 80% of that. Wild Hunt seems to be the rarest and usually fetches $120-150. Kahvi is probably in the $75-100 range which is also about the value of the LSC Ltd. print - great trade :)

Shadowstalkers & Wavedancers are a little more common and usually run $50-$80.

Is your Legacy marked 11 or is it mismarked 11a? Mine says 11a for some reason...I also have Huntress which says 11a...

I have a couple extra comic issues of the US Kahvi - pretty sure they're color. I also have a Yearnings #1 that gets very little action over here.

How bad is the perfuming on the books? I'd be interested in BOTC #4 & Quest Begins with or without trade!

Skya

[quote:425c7849ad="Jacobi Moonsong"]
Reader's collection issues that are low or OOP will go for more. Almost never will they go for what the prices say in the Wolfrider shop (shouldn't anyway).

A fair re-sale price is about 80% of that. Wild Hunt seems to be the rarest and usually fetches $120-150. Kahvi is probably in the $75-100 range which is also about the value of the LSC Ltd. print - great trade :)

Shadowstalkers & Wavedancers are a little more common and usually run $50-$80.[/quote:425c7849ad]

Ah, thank you for the input. I shall offer them up here at the low ends of those ranges.

[quote:425c7849ad="Jacobi Moonsong"]Is your Legacy marked 11 or is it mismarked 11a? Mine says 11a for some reason...I also have Huntress which says 11a...[/quote:425c7849ad]

My Legacy is marked 11, my Huntress is 11a.

[quote:425c7849ad="Jacobi Moonsong"]I have a couple extra comic issues of the US Kahvi - pretty sure they're color. I also have a Yearnings #1 that gets very little action over here.

How bad is the perfuming on the books? I'd be interested in BOTC #4 & Quest Begins with or without trade![/quote:425c7849ad]

The perfuming was intense, but they've been sitting in front of the air filter for long enough that they've come down to reasonable levels. You know those magazines that they put perfume sample packets in? Kinda like that only not quite so bad.

I do have the english versions of Kahvi from Warp, they are black and white though. If you've got color ones in English I'd be really curious to know where they came from.

If your Kahvi's are color I'd like to trade for them. Otherwise we can do something for the Yearnings.

JacobiMoonsong

LOL You're right - I hadn't gotten to them yet but they are indeed B & W. Surprising since almost all the newer series are colored...OK Yearnings for a book would be cool. Are BOTC #4 or Quest Begin 1st print? I can't smell anyway so I guess the perfume is moot for me :)

Skya

[quote:75f1b74553="Jacobi Moonsong"]LOL You're right - I hadn't gotten to them yet but they are indeed B & W. Surprising since almost all the newer series are colored...OK Yearnings for a book would be cool. Are BOTC #4 or Quest Begin 1st print? I can't smell anyway so I guess the perfume is moot for me :)[/quote:75f1b74553]

I dont actually know how to check and see if they're first printings as it's never mattered to me. Tell me how and I'll let you know. In checking for that though I did find that the Blood of Ten Chiefs book has a label inside the front cover that says "from the library of..." if that makes any difference to you.

JacobiMoonsong

Usually there is a number line 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 would show 1st print... or some kind of variation ending with a 1. I can deal with the label if the rest is nice.

Skya

[quote:fd0710fa93="Jacobi Moonsong"]Usually there is a number line 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 would show 1st print... or some kind of variation ending with a 1. I can deal with the label if the rest is nice.[/quote:fd0710fa93]

All the paperbacks I've listed except Elfquest go either from 10 or 0 down to 1. BoTC #4 is in excellent shape, but has probably been read once or twice as it has a one spine crease down the center of the spine. It's in pretty nice shape though as the book doesnt bend open to that spot if you know what I mean.

JacobiMoonsong

Cool sounds good to me, I can get it in the post on Sat :)

Skya

Quote:
Cistila

With perfumed you mean it, well, smells? I think I can live with that. :)

I'm interested in the following:
[quote:171849318b="Skya"]Blood of Ten Chiefs Volume 3 massmarket (PERFUMED) $3
The Quest Begins trade paperback (near mint PERFUMED) $5
Elfquest (outside rather worn, but the inside is still in good shape) $1
9c Kahvi *

Assuming BotC 3 is the green one with Skyfire on the front, and the Quest begins is a novel too? What kind of book is the Elfquest you refer to here? Not sure what to offer for Kahvi either... How about 30$? Let me know.

Further communications via email is fine too.
contact @ frozenrain.sa-af.com[/quote:171849318b]

The Quest Begins has already been traded to Jacobi. The Elfquest is a novel that retells the story of the first graphic novel and has black and white pictures in it.
As I told Jacobi above I've decided I'll give up Kahvi for $75 (I'll update my original post when I get a chance). I'll also trade it for the German/Dutch versions of Dreamtime and Kahvi if that works better for you. Let me know.

Wyndshadoe

I was very shocked Surprised to find that some of my EQ collection had been damaged by some kinda bug or weavel investation. It seems my husband had switched some of my collection into a box so he could 'borrow' its original container. Needless to say I was upset :x and :( .

This has given me a chance to bring out all my extra prints that are in mint condition. I am willing to trade these for any of the comics/books that I am now currently missing. If that is not possible I will sell them on Ebay. I just thought I let everyone here have a chance at them first.
Here is the list of what I have to trade/sell :

Original Quest (Epic/Marvel comics) :
# 1, 22, 25-29, 32

Siege at Blue Mountain :
# 1-4, 7

Kings of the Broken Wheel :
# 1-3

Hidden Years (comics) :
# 6, 18-20

New Blood (comics) :
# 33-35

Shards :
# 6-8, 10, 12, 13

The Blood of Ten Chiefs (comics) :
# 1, 14, 18

Two-Spear :
# 3

Kahvi :
# 2, 3, 3, 5

Jink :
# 1, 6, 8-10

The Rebels :
# 9, 12

ElfQuest (EQ/20 comics) :
# 1

I will post seperately for what I am missing which I will be happy to trade/buy for them[/b]

Wyndshadoe

Ok here is what I am missing, because of the extensive damage done to them. I am hoping to trade with the list in my above post. If not I will buy as well.
Trade/Buy:

Bedtime Stories (book)

Vols 1 & 2 of the BOTC (novels)

Original Quest (Epic/Marvel comics) :
# 6, 8, 9, 15, 21

BOTC (comics) :
# 3, 5, 9

New Blood (comics) :
# 21, 22

Two-Spear (comics) :
# 1, 2, 5

The Rebels (comic) :
# 11

ElfQuest (EQ/20 comics) :
# 13, 14, 17, 18, 23, 24, 28, 29, 32, ?(not sure if there are any after #32)

I also need to know if there were any books/comics printed in between EQ/20 and Discovery for that is around the time I got out of touch with ElfQuest. I'm not sure what all I missed in that time period.
THANKS!!! Oh, there are no prices on my sell list for the reason that I was hoping to trade. If you would just like to flat out buy, give me a reasonable price and we will see from there

Skya

Quote:
Wyndshadoe

I also need to know if there were any books/comics printed in between EQ/20 and Discovery for that is around the time I got out of touch with ElfQuest. I'm not sure what all I missed in that time period.

Well the readers collections gathered together a number of the stories from EQ 2 and finished the story of Wolfrider which was then also reformatted into the DC manga versions. Reader's Collection 8b In All But Blood gave us the stories Troll Games and Soul Names (also retold in the manga Wolfrider), The Hearts Way, Wolfshadow, and Full Circle. Full Circle is only printed in In All But Blood. The Hearts Way has been in a couple of places previously and Wolfshadow had originally been printed as the Summer Special 2001 #1. Summer Special 2001 #2 was Recognition, which was not reprinted and was also never concluded. Then there was the book Searcher and the Sword put out by DC. I think that's everything between EQ2 and Discovery in the way of new stories. Other then that I think it was all DC reprints, ie the manga versions and the the archives.

Wyndshadoe

THX Skya :D

Skya

Updated with stuff I'm looking for and removed stuff I no longer have.

Leanan

Are you still selling Wavedancers?

Skya

I'm afraid both my individual issues of Wavedancers and my Wavedancers RC recently went out to good homes. I still have a copy of the Wavedancer's Special if you are looking for that. I've done a lot of trading over the past month or two and figured I'd update my list sometime in the next week or two.

Leanan

Yes, i think I'd like the wavedancers special. How much are you asking for it? Also, problem is I live in Finland, so I'd have to send you the payment as cash. If you don't get it, you don't have to send me the comic. Agreed?

JacobiMoonsong

Hey the RC definately is in a good home :) Hope you got a big box of comics already, but maybe not yet with holiday mail...man I'm glad that's mostly over (the going to the PO ever day thing).

And Merry Chrismas too!

Kchaiya

Hey, Skya, is that novelization with black-and-white pictures still up for grabs? How much do you want for it?

Skya

Quote:
Kchaiya

Hey, Skya, is that novelization with black-and-white pictures still up for grabs? How much do you want for it?

I do yes. It's not in very good shape, the spine is creased up, but it's still holding together well. I'd only ask a dollar for it. There anything else you're looking for? :)

Skya

Updated with random stuff I've acquired, amusingly, mostly as extras out of ebay auctions where I only wanted one thing. I did end up with some extra Wavedancers issues if anyone still needs them.

Skya

Figured it was high time I update my trades list as it's been over a year. There's all sorts of goodies here and I've even got a whole bunch of the issues that were scanned for Digital EQ if you want you're own little piece of ElfQuest history. :)

Skya

Updated after a very large trade.

Skya

Updated the formatting to that used on the new Scroll. I also added sale prices as honestly these don't do me any good sitting at home in a closet. I'd rather see someone enjoying them.

ImSeeker

I have some French hardback version of Elfquest #1 that I got in France years ago. I'll check out what it is.

Skya

Oooooo. Smile

ImSeeker

So, is this new or familiar to you?

interior page:

Skya

That'd be one I haven't seen before. Smile

ImSeeker

Well, cool! I bought that in France in the 1980s at some point.

Were you interested in it, or is it just a curiosity?

Skya

I'm interested depending on how much you want for it, but I dont have much in the way of cash right now so it might need to wait a bit anyways. Unless of course you're interested in anything I have on my list?

ImSeeker

The truth is you need to tell me what it is worth - I have no idea, sort of like you helped price the Elfquest III portfolio for me.

Just as I trust that others will think I price fairly, I trust the same in reverse... maybe that's naive, but I prefer to live that way.

As for not having cash, I understand that, it is why I am in a selling mode vs a buying mode (i.e. no I'm not buying right now).

So, waiting a bit is fine - if we can establish its worth, then you could just say "yep, I want it and I'll get it in April, and I'll be glad to hold it.... I truly want these items to go to someone who WANTS them.

Skya

Decided it was time to update the trades list. Added a bunch of RCs and a couple other goodies.